Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzt

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

tane

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
How the gently caress is cargo anything more than a number of tonnes in a UI somewhere?

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

XK posted:

If this guy isn't some kind of astroturfing, he's legitimately worrisome. He's way, way, too far invested, far beyond a healthy level.

I initially thought about warning Bluegobln that no matter how hard he defended Star Citizens honor and virtue, it would not result in the game having sex with him. However, after taking a moment to reflect I realized that in this case the white knights will indeed be getting hosed in the end.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

starkebn posted:

How the gently caress is cargo anything more than a number of tonnes in a UI somewhere?

Fidelity.

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

MV Golden Ticket to Center, requesting permission to ascend to FL290, over.
MV Golden Ticket this is Center, ah, please maintain FL270 due to traffic in the area, over.

Seriously, why is this alleged spaceship flying at commercial aircraft altitude over northern Arizona?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Derek's still not permabanned

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

beautiful fatman posted:

hahahahaha loving of course it is

What's the deal with the pyrosomes??

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Its like a minecraft LP or something, gotta pump out so many videos and waste all this dev time by:

Searching for a dev
finding dev
stopping their work
setting up recording booth
record dev talking about magical rainbow fart technology and nevabindunn b4
Send dev back to work
get minions to edit footage
upload and hype video

And they did this 339 times

Even one dev per episode, for the 30 mins (probably longer) it takes to set up and record his bit, would be over 5,000 man hours wasted on stuff that, for the most part, its absolutely useless and unnecessary.

Most open development of all time my dude!

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Its like a minecraft LP or something, gotta pump out so many videos and waste all this dev time by:

Searching for a dev
finding dev
stopping their work
Send dev back to work
upload and hype video

Even one dev per episode, for the 30 mins (probably longer) it takes to set up and record his bit, would be over 5,000 man hours wasted on stuff that, for the most part, its absolutely useless and unnecessary.

Well we used to wonder what they're wasting time on and now we know. It's a whole new dimension to their open development paradigm

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
never have such open development that the game leaks out

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
So CIG spends way more resources on marketing than anything else that they are actually supposed to do, say developing a game.

That's big news to me.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/875816648816635911

127 days until Citizen Con.

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr-KjNGrXVY

Now you will hear this every time as I do

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

That happens every day though

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

IncredibleIgloo posted:

I just agreed to buy this JPEG for hundreds of thousands of real dollars. Will it be completed before Star Citizen? Will it be completed before 3.0?

Plenty of tasks for your co-pilot and turret-gunners, and many things to press the <USE> button on. Congratulations spacefriend, that is one nice jpg. :dance:

also this:

Krycek posted:

Make sure your contractor layers in the fidelity. And just lol if he doesn't install bathroom and lighting fixtures before framing the walls and floors pouring the foundations.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
Just checking in with early days major Star Citizen fans.

https://twitter.com/Geekdomo/status/374614567269457920

https://twitter.com/Geekdomo/status/383208459661238272

https://twitter.com/Geekdomo/status/877412319231389696

https://twitter.com/Geekdomo/status/877429479404183552

https://twitter.com/Geekdomo/status/877358823979098112

AP fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Jun 22, 2017

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

starkebn posted:

SC aims for cargo boxes to be big enough to accommodate the inevitable consequences of piracy

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Searching for a dev
finding dev
stopping their work
Send dev back to work
upload and hype video

Unironically, those are probably the most productive 30 minutes of his employment when you consider how much work cribblets throws away on refactoring.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyC0iJHOG_M&t=189s

:gary: :gary: :yarg:

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

I wonder how much CIG is paying them.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

I wanted to make a joke, but I honestly can't think of what hobby would be "far more frivolous and wasteful" than giving money to Chris Roberts so he can pretend he's a Hollywood director.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

There's no way that guy is playing three Bethesda open world RPGs regularly.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Searching for a dev
finding dev
stopping their work
Send dev back to work
upload and hype video

When you consider that Ben Lesnick ,Developer, is a Developer could anything of value actually be lost?

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Sunswipe posted:

I wanted to make a joke, but I honestly can't think of what hobby would be "far more frivolous and wasteful" than giving money to Chris Roberts so he can pretend he's a Hollywood director.

Mining bitcoins?

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
:derp:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6inr4p/rip/

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

A middle aged "professional" who had to sell their other hobby to afford giving Chris Roberts money.

Also known as Social Security Disability.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

It can't be real because if it's real that means CIG failed to meet an estimated release date and we all know that never happahahahahahaha

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

What's the deal with the pyrosomes??

They're pretty freaky. Sort of like glowing gelatinous ocean dongers made up of bunches of little animals. They're currently experiencing an insane population boom right now in the PNW and nobody is really sure why. Current theory that it's just one of the weird after effects of the pacific ocean hotspot that was called "the blob" that hung around off the entire Pacific coast a couple years ago. The other big possibility is that there was something that ate the poo poo out of those guys when they were in warmer waters that isn't there any more, due to population decline, temperature shift, or some other factor.

On the surface it appears to be similar to the huge jellyfish population explosion we've been seeing for the last decade, and there's a bunch of factors that go into that, including decreased predation, more nutrients, warmer temperatures, and possibly even a natural population boom cycle. The really interesting thing about the rise in pyrosomes in the PNW is they're more typically found in tropical waters, so of all the places you'd expect to see a huge boom in their numbers, the oceans off Washington and Oregon are not high on that list.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

lol I just noticed my name change. Awesome.

Septic Tank Gulag
Jun 19, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

beautiful fatman posted:

lol I just noticed my name change. Awesome.

LOL

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
Guesses for how long 3.0 Evocati is delayed for?

2 weeks :smug:

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

Tokamak posted:

Apparently the only cargo in 3.0 will be the little grabby hands box that was shown in the Gamescom demo. Real cargo will come in Cargo 2.0.

But that means that commando's cant hide in the crates and then jump out and take prisoners for sex slaves ? This is was clearly promised

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

kilus aof posted:

I think it is season 3 episode 39 not the 339th episode of Around the Verse.

Stop spreading fudd!

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

EightAce posted:

But that means that commando's cant hide in the crates and then jump out and take prisoners for sex slaves ? This is was clearly promised

:gary: :gizz:

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

EightAce posted:

Pm me if you want to rip this scenario on the weekend

Septic Tank Gulag
Jun 19, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

EightAce posted:

Welcome to he new world order. The super entity (CIG) now controls 48% of the entire planet as reported in forbes from a swiss study of banking. You are guilty until proven innocent. Welcome to slave planet earth. Time to become an anarchist.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Septic Tank Gulag posted:

Welcome to he new world order. The super entity (CIG) now controls 48% of the entire planet as reported in forbes from a swiss study of banking. You are guilty until proven innocent. Welcome to slave planet earth. Time to become an anarchist.

:chloe:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Virtual Captain posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6he8l7/one_year_ago_ugentlemanj_posted_a_time_capsule/dj7idbl/

quote:

You talk and promote a lot of things that so far only seem to exist in prerendered videos, truck stops, planetary structures etc, didn't they show a bunch of those nearly a year ago during that presentation, all neatly running fine and smoothly, yet there is no sign of that on backers computers at the moment, why could they get it working for marketting but not for customers I wonder?

There is a very good reason why most games do not attempt to put as much in as Star Citizen, it's down to monetary and time cost of development, not to mention technical barriers and the limits of what can be sent over the web, Star Citizen if it ever got created would be completely unplayable over the internet without cutting a massive amount of detail and content from the scenario (universe), there is absolutely no way of refining and streamlining it in order to make it work, unless CIG have suddenly found ways to break the laws of physics and make the major internet hubs 200x faster overall.

High fidelity graphics are easily the least important item or feature in any game, I have no idea why some of you guys try to sell it on it's looks. If the game iteself is poorly designed, poorly delivered, poorly made, then all the graphical fidelity in the world will not help it one jot. Again, it's embarrasing to see a company selling it's as yet unmade product on it's looks, and imho, the graphics may be detailed, but they are dishwater bland and unimaginative. All frilly skirt and no knickers. Other games that favored graphical fidelity over actual well designed content all met with failure, remember Rise of the Robots? Yeah, that one was all state of the art graphical design too and awful to play.
:worship:

meh. That's just an OSC alt spreading FUD again.

EightAce posted:

:yikes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!
Have not heard anything about GamesCom from the CIG crowd. CitizenCon is in Germany this year. Any bets on CIG skipping GamesCom and just doing CitizenCon? Would give CIG an extra few months to work on getting something resembling the 3.0 promised at last year's GamesCom into a non-crashing state.