Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Zurai posted:

It's even better than it looks.

It's high quickcast for physical damage abilities. Permanent Thunder God Mode for your entire front row, as long as they're using physical damage abilities and Marche is using Knight abilities.

:dogbutton:

That seems like it has the potential to be more broken than Cloud USB. Potentially.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Pulling the imperil banner was definitely a good idea for me. I got Rikku's BSB and my first water imperil. I also got Gabranth's BSB and my first dark imperil. Only missing Ice and Poison now!

Good luck to the rest of y'all.

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

I got a dupe yochi bow and a chainsaw. Can I trade the chainsaw?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Schwartzcough posted:

I'm still reeling if that Marche USB is as good as it looks, especially if you pair it with imperil holy/holy weakness.

It gives him enholy for good damage with knight abilities (remember, we're getting a holy version of gaia cross too). And then each time he uses a knight ability, it grants everyone in the front row, including himself, quickcast. So he's quickcasting knight abilities himself, hitting a weakness to generate gauge quickly, and giving your whole front line quickcast. He could probably keep up his USB effect perpetually just from the quickcast hitting weakness. I just can't imagine having a physical team that is under quickcast effect all the time would not break the game. Now combine a Cloud USB RW with your DPS guys (frequently letting you do 100k+ damage every time they act), and... my god.

It's ridiculously good, just keep in mind that there still are bosses that have specific front row attacks or that counter physicals... not that a serious blitzkreig team with that kind of speed is going to care that much.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
1/11, Agrias BSB. :toot:

This means I now have a good Holy team for stuff that isn't naturally holy weak.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
3/11

Kimarhi BSB
Leo SSB
Faris SSB

Not a bad pull, and the game continues shoveling water and holy at me.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

CaptainPsyko posted:

Good news! Ramza's new BSB2 that just hit in Japan is:

Cmd1 needs to do a fuckton of damage for me to care, but command 2 is Wrath that lets him Shout/Chant/Shout endlessly or play the mother of all entrust bots. (He also gets an LM that is "start fight with full ATB and 1 charge of instant cast.")

The real question is whether Cmd2 is classified as a Knight ability though. I doubt it, but if it is...

Yeah, that and Entrust would be real good.

So I read this wrong. Marche gives the whole front row quickcast when he uses a Knight skill.

So, yeah, Ramza can spam quickcast Wrath and entrust battery the poo poo out of your team as many times as you can hone entrust.

That seems real good.
"hey you know how your best synergy is in fft well guess what whole hog that sumbitch cause it only gets better" good golly miss molly

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Pulled and got Raine's SSB and Balthier's SSB. That's cool I guess. Still desperately need another BSB or two of pretty much any sort, but the third lucky will hopefully help with that.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I'm not sure if I can afford all the luckies and a pull on each summer banner and still have enough for a pull on Cloud. 185 mythril right now, I've done all the fest stuff that's dropped so far but I also have a ton of elite dungeons in my backlog.

Rough sums say I should have at least 325 mythril to play with which is enough for BSB+ lucky, one on each banner and one on Cloud? The imperil lucky is tempting but I already have Agrias and Nabaat BSBs so the upside is more limited for me.

On the other hand all the summer banners look good with one dupe on each except 5, which would be the most skippable if it didn't have wall.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

is there some ffrk dev that worked on fft or something cause between ramza, agrias and tg cid fft is loving aces

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

3/11

Thancred BSB
Zack BSB (Dupe)
Garnet BSB2

I now have a good fire team with BSBs for Thancred, Locke, and Refia.

VgameT
Dec 31, 2007

therefore I only muttered "neu"

always
lucky

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Dupe Locke BSB :smith:

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Not too shabby. Got Garnet BSB2 and Edward's Lamia Harp BSB.

My lightning hell team is now ready. All I was missing before was an imperil, but no longer. Got a crazy number of options for how to design the team, too.

The Lamia Harp is a little less useful since I already have plenty of holy imperil, but this does serve as a nice attack boost in 4 along with some nice stackable breaks. The sap on use is a little weird, but oh well.

Now I'm lacking imperils for dark, water, ice, wind, and poison. Gonna need another imperil lucky, Dena.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

VgameT posted:

always
lucky

Guy Speak Beaver

I went 2/11, Cid IV SSB (dupe) and Thancred BSB

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

VgameT posted:

always
lucky

:patriot:

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
3/11 all bursts, hell yeah!

Gabranth, Seymour, Exdeath. Let's see what kind of elemental covera...

They're all Dark. Stop trolling me DeNa.

My magical elemental BSB coverage:

Dark: Golbez, Marach, Gabranth, Seymour, Exdeath, Kuja

Lightning: (Marach)

Fire, Water, Earth, Holy, Ice: Nothing.

This seems perfectly fine.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Got Exdeath's bsb

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I got another Dark imperil burst (Seymour)

This means I have:

Seymour Imperil Dark BSB
Kuja Imperil Dark BSB
Cid Raines ridiculous dark BSB
Golbez Tanking Dark BSB

I think I have some physical dark too but I don't even know anymore.

Unfortunately it looks like Seymour's BSB is straight up inferior to Kuja's unless you want to inflict KO or Slow, dunno if the stacking Imperils would be worth giving up Golbez's slot.

The other 2 slots would be Serah with her faith+hastega, and Yshtola with Barrier/BSB

They need to add a dark Chain SB

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

They need to add a dark Chain SB

Garland of all people gets it, I believe in the next Dissidia event they had.

Also, as hyped as I am for FFTA characters, oh boy, another Holy-focused knight in FFT, we sure didn't have three and a half of those already... :jerkbag:

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

KataraniSword posted:

Garland of all people gets it, I believe in the next Dissidia event they had.

Also, as hyped as I am for FFTA characters, oh boy, another Holy-focused knight in FFT, we sure didn't have three and a half of those already... :jerkbag:

To be fair to DeNA, like 90% of the main named cast of FFT are either knights, knight trainees, or people with pretensions of being knights, and the knight skillset in RK tilts holy with a small splash of earth.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Kanos posted:

To be fair to DeNA, like 90% of the main named cast of FFT are either knights, knight trainees, or people with pretensions of being knights, and the knight skillset in RK tilts holy with a small splash of earth.

To be equally fair to DeNA, Marche starts as a bog-standard Soldier in a fictional storybook land and has no obligation or special reason to become a Paladin except that Excaliburs are broken in that game and dual-wielding them is even more broken. With him they could have done other things, but just didn't.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

KataraniSword posted:

To be equally fair to DeNA, Marche starts as a bog-standard Soldier in a fictional storybook land and has no obligation or special reason to become a Paladin except that Excaliburs are broken in that game and dual-wielding them is even more broken. With him they could have done other things, but just didn't.

Pretty much every single FF game's protagonist in RK is a sword user(or at least has sword access) and Paladin Marche is pretty much as good as he gets re: using swords, so that probably steered the decision.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
3/11

Faris bracers
Tinhank armor (dupe, I got it a few days ago on the first IX banner)
Spoony burst harp

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

2/11

Garnet BSB2
Nabaat BSB

My lightning team gets stronger and next time Cid's Claws show up I maybe chasing after them to complete my dark team.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I may be able to get enough mythril for this banner, the BSB+ lucky draw and the first three fest banners.

Not a bad 1/11 at all!

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

2/11. Both XIII which I now have ludicrously good synergy except for the grandest prizes.

Nabaat BSB and Fang BSB. My first wind imperil, and the best dark imperi. I can't complain.

Cador_2004
Oct 13, 2012
2/11, Thancred BSB and Fusoya SSB.

...Thanks, a 3rd Dark imperil... After you gave me Nabaat's BSB on my 100 gem draw for the XIII banner...

Well at least I can get some good use with Thancred, I didn't have a Fire Imperil.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

How many times should I charge Raijin's CMD2 before using it? Also wish there was 3rd Ace Striker/Battleforged type RM.

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

3/11 Thancred's Burst, Rufus' SSB and Kimahri's Burst...

I already had Imperils for Fire and Dark thanks to Steiner and Edea, but I wholeheartedly welcome the Water one being a great companion for Tidus' OSB.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

cool. I understand Kuja's is better?

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

1/11, Seymour's BSB. It's my first imperil dark! On the other hand my only other dark bursts are TG Cid and Gaffgarion, so it'll only really help with a hybrid team.

Also Seymour is a lame villain, so...

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

2/11 furyosa ssb and furyosa ssb.

Thanks for the stat stick game. I already have imperil dark

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

Electric Phantasm posted:

My lightning team gets stronger and next time Cid's Claws show up I maybe chasing after them to complete my dark team.

Guess what's on the first Extreme fest banner on Saturday!

(I still need it too)

Edit: my pull was 3/11 - Yang Hell Claws, Yang Hell Claws, dupe Fang BSB. gently caress....

edit: why did I call them Dragon Claws? They're Hell Claws. who gives a poo poo

Shock Trooper fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Jun 22, 2017

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

1/11 Exdeath burst. Will go well with the Raines burst & OSB I got recently.

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
My lucky draw was a 1/11 dupe of Galuf's BSB, so my imperil game didn't improve in the slightest but... I have a slightly better hammer now?

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

VgameT posted:

always
lucky

I feel your pain. I went 1/11 with Cid-4's Jump Start.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Bleh, Fran's Yoichi Bow and Laguna's Vega. Can't all be winners I guess.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Which lucky draw was this? The imperil? I got Edgar's chainsaw, aka the only loving poison imperil in the game. I have quistis' bsb. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
4/11, no dupes! :toot:

Thancred BSB, Fang BSB1, Leo SSB, Cid (IV) SSB.

All Imperil elements I had already which sucks, but a pretty nice pull overall.

Although only Thancred's is an improvement on what I had already (Steiner SSB). I have Zack for Wind, Beatrix and Agrias for Holy, and Garnet for Lightning.

• Locked thread