Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Mr. Maggy posted:

i suck at wbu

Same. I think most people do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think I've got all the popular ones. White Tiger, Wiccan, Crystal. Looking at it now Songbird is probably the next popular option from what I can tell.

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte
Applied to WAIFU SQUAD as valleyant. Here's hoping this game is as fun as it seems starting out.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

I t2d songbird immediately and use her every week in sl and she can easily crush any stage up to 20 cause that was the last one I've used her on. Shes a cc monster and her 4 does a boatload of damage especially if it can bounce between two people. Don't fall into the trap of using her 5, I never do.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Up to 26 T2's so I thought I'd try an all T2 shadowlands run this week. So far I have learned two main things: wolverine at 45 / 5* can solo whatever you want him to solo, and Coulson T2 is a useless sack o' poo no matter what he does.

E: songbird T2 is Real Good in SL. Note that she has a ridiculous autoattack. T1 she's good too it's just at T2 she can perma-stun by cycling between her 1 and 2. Hit 4 whenever it's up and lean on the autoattack. Hey presto, dead people. Don't even need to use her shield once you have the timing down.

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jun 20, 2017

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I use my Songbird to solo an Iron Fist boss floor. Shield -> Aegis Reflector -> pew pew pew -> repeat.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

STAC Goat posted:

I think I've got all the popular ones. White Tiger, Wiccan, Crystal. Looking at it now Songbird is probably the next popular option from what I can tell.

Sooo this is actually a pretty good roster. Honestly you should probably be able to clear shadowlands and 5/5 WB with this. i was doing the WB with a way weaker roster but it did take me a bunch of tries. You can at a minimum do the 15 SL stages. If you want a weird set to suggest to farm do MODOK and Daisy because them plus green goblin is a easy Destroyer boss in SL win. Start with modok and do his 3 and switch to daisy, buff, then switch to gobbo and do his 5 and 4 and 3 and then rotate through. Note, this doesnt work with gobbos uniform. If you need more male heros shang chi is a boss baller and will solo one easily.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I'm good with WB. 5/5 every day except iThanos. And I've beat him a few times and could maybe do it if I wanted to but I really can't be bothered.

And with Shadowland I got to 15 last week. I got to 12 this week but I'll probably make another run before it resets.. Its just a matter of how well I utilize my players. A lot of them are still getting gear/skilled up or I'm unfamiliar with so I'm just learning each week and adding more to the roster to try new things.

So that's just my priority right now. Farming the X-Men so I can advance in the Epic Mission and hitting all the different ways to get bios so I can just give myself more tools for Shadowland. Since I'm clearing 10 every week now it means I get those two big bio dumps at 5 and 10 so that's why I'm advancing my roster so quickly each week now.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

After you buy the magneto package, what can you farm from his missions? Just his bios or are there any sweet materials in there?

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

I think thats where you get the phoenix fgeathers and mkraan crystals not shards

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

You can farm the crystals from magneto missions too? :jackbud:

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

yeah from what i understand its basically the low rent xmen version of cnorns and bam

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

You can also farm those materials from the veiled secret missions, but only 1 of the 2 veiled secrets are unveiled before the 1000 crystal brick wall.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I'm up to 5800 crystals, so the deluxe package is almost mine. I'm rock hard just thinking about it. :awesome:

Turkson
Mar 30, 2011

fart simpson posted:

You can also farm those materials from the veiled secret missions, but only 1 of the 2 veiled secrets are unveiled before the 1000 crystal brick wall.

Ugh, there's a 1k m'kraan crystal wall? I've got ~300 saved up but I was going to use them to T2 Magneto. Guess I'll hold off.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Turkson posted:

Ugh, there's a 1k m'kraan crystal wall? I've got ~300 saved up but I was going to use them to T2 Magneto. Guess I'll hold off.

Yes. Hold off.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So is it just me or does this game seem to lock up a lot.

I'm running an iPhone 7+ and like 75% of the time if I lock my phone then try and come back to the game later its frozen and I have to force close the game and reload it. Sometimes that doesn't even help and I get stuck at the splash screen.

Does this happen to anyone else?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

It's a memory leak and every couple of months (sometimes sooner), I have to uninstall/reinstall to stop the leak.

I actually have to do it now as it's happened to me often as of about a week ago.

When you do this just MAKE drat SURE that you have linked your account via Game Center or Facebook or whatever you use.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

It's a memory leak and every couple of months (sometimes sooner), I have to uninstall/reinstall to stop the leak.

I actually have to do it now as it's happened to me often as of about a week ago.

When you do this just MAKE drat SURE that you have linked your account via Game Center or Facebook or whatever you use.

Ah ok. I'll just reinstall it when I get home. I haven't even had it installed that long....

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah it feels like maybe once a month I need to delete + reinstall.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Sometimes the leak takes longer, sometimes sooner.

I've also been doing this long enough to know it isn't just the big patches, even the small patches they push out cause it to bloat.

A fresh re-install will always be freakishly stable, it's the patches that slowly bloat the base.

Personally, the moment my game locks up or crashes I reinstall that very moment. Takes only a couple minutes and 100% solves all problems.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I decided to whale it out and bought the anniversary pack for the stones I needed to keep going on the Epic quest.

It actually gave me almost enough to keep going on both Epic quests so that was nice.

Edit: I just looked at the list and I have everything else completed so its just a matter of a few days before I'll finish the quest all together.

:homebrew:

MarcusSA fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Jun 21, 2017

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I swapped out my old healing obelisk on Sharon for a 180% damage proc obelisk and did over 300k in one hit with her 3rd skill against an enemy Wolverine in Timeline :getin:

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
I got payed the other day, so I said gently caress it and bought 2 of the $70 X-men packages. Now I can soon start on Jean, and finally use up all these feathers and crystals cluttering up my inbox. :P Only need 30 more storm bios.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
I forgot how long it takes to get the bios for max gear without Shadowlands selectors, ~15 a day for the X-men is taking forever. I've got the tickets ready and waiting but can't use them yet.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I've got a custom gear that's Ignore Defense 26.2%/Lightning Damage 31.6%/Invincible for 5 sec at <40% health. Is this good for MagnetMan and if not who, and does whoever I throw this on need a healing ISO set to boot?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Cinara posted:

I forgot how long it takes to get the bios for max gear without Shadowlands selectors, ~15 a day for the X-men is taking forever. I've got the tickets ready and waiting but can't use them yet.

I'm in the same boat. Wow it's a slog. I got this!

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

C. Everett Koop posted:

I've got a custom gear that's Ignore Defense 26.2%/Lightning Damage 31.6%/Invincible for 5 sec at <40% health. Is this good for MagnetMan and if not who, and does whoever I throw this on need a healing ISO set to boot?

No, Thor and probably not, healing sets are not part of the meta anymore, you want a max damage set.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

C. Everett Koop posted:

yes but its not ideal. lightning dmg seems to be pretty rad on him but you want a damage proc i think.

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

Winner of the 'How Badly Will A Phone Game Milk Us Idiot Cash Cows?' Contest!

Answer: About $70USD for a bad character that unlocks the grind for another.

extra letters: star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-l
Got my first full Shadowland clear! Was really surprised by how easy the post-15 levels went, although I saved my paywall T2s for those levels, so I shouldn't be too surprised.

Trickiest bit was hitting She Hulk and having a bunch of physical damage dealers, but Strange made short work of that issue.

Home Stretch:
18 (Female Relay): T2 Carol
19 (Fire Relay): T2 Kamala
20 (Carnage) T2 Yellowjacket + Ant Man + Giant Man
21 (Venom) Proxima
22 (MODOK) Enchantress
23 (She Hulk + JJ) Dr. Strange
24 (Luke Cage) T2 Carnage
25 (Daredevil) T2 Agent Vernon

Agent Vernon sleepwalked through that last battle, and I don't even have a fifth gear equipped on him yet. Now that I realize how easy Shadowlands can be, I'll start planning to clear it all on the reg.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

I honestly think that shadowlands 6-13 or so is the hardest part

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

punchymcpunch posted:

yes but its not ideal. lightning dmg seems to be pretty rad on him but you want a damage proc i think.

Only his passive is lightning damage, the rest is basic energy damage.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I'm in the same boat. Wow it's a slog. I got this!

Indeed. But on the other hand, I only need to get 120 more for Beast and I'm done with the regulars. A bigger slog to level Jean tbh. :P

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Cinara posted:

Only his passive is lightning damage, the rest is basic energy damage.

shrug i did it regardless. i always use elemental damage if it can be applied at all cos every other stat is pretty marginal, other than ignore defense, which is incredibly easy to cap.

its also possible he's another misty, who ended up having unlisted cold damage on most of her attacks and we didn't find out until someone tested it

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

punchymcpunch posted:

shrug i did it regardless. i always use elemental damage if it can be applied at all cos every other stat is pretty marginal, other than ignore defense, which is incredibly easy to cap.

its also possible he's another misty, who ended up having unlisted cold damage on most of her attacks and we didn't find out until someone tested it

The racon did the testing iirc

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Datasmurf posted:

Indeed. But on the other hand, I only need to get 120 more for Beast and I'm done with the regulars. A bigger slog to level Jean tbh. :P

200 more bios for Storm and she'll be 5* and I can continue the quest!!! :shepicide:

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Thankfully I have an endless amount of 5 star tickets.

Just patiently waiting for cyclops to get to 3 stars...

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I finally beat Jean Grey in Timeline, and it was with Kamala :nyoron:

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

ha haaaaa 2 minutes left. suck it shadowlands

idk why i always start this at 6:30pm on Thursday night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Cinara posted:

Aren't there suppose to be more Xmen coming? I've been holding off on using tickets incase they're putting another paywall up next month.