Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who came out the best from this show?
This poll is closed.
Roman Reigns 1 1.15%
Braun Strowman 32 36.78%
Samoa Joe 17 19.54%
Big Cass 7 8.05%
Clonfroggio you loving moron. Jesus Christ. 30 34.48%
Total: 87 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Chris James 2 posted:

Isn't it literally 125 there and set to be even hotter somehow in the coming weeks

I took this photo yesterday:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Put on your seatbelt :mad:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

21 Hoot Salute posted:

Put on your seatbelt :mad:

I had just turned the ignition. I did two seconds later!

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
WWECW being on the network makes me very happy. I'll get to see The Zombie again. And watch Christian's title run when he was getting good matches out of Yoshi Tatsu and Zack Ryder.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
phoenix is literally the only way jinder is gonna get heat

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

If you all will allow me to whinge about WWE breaking up tag teams for a second:

What pisses me off the most about it is that in all Tag Team break ups, one is clearly thought of as 'the guy', and the other one is then deemed to be human garbage to be discarded or if kept employed then at least dropped to the lower undercard.

Hart foundation - Bret was the guy, Anvil was trash, Rockers, Shawn was the guy, Janetty was trash, Edge and Christian - Edge was the guy Christian was trash, Hardyz - Jeff was the guy, Matt was trash. etc.

It all speaks to Vince/WWE's inability to see tag teams as entitities in themselves, but only as vehicles to get one guy over. When that is clearly not the case. New Day work so much better together than apart, Breezango are better than the sum or their parts, The Dudleys were an awesme team, but alone they were at best meh, (Bubba's late run in TNA excepted)

This annoys me, coz whenever I start to like a tag team, I know that eventually they will be broken up, and at least one of the two guys I liked will end up being ignored, and the otehr will not be as good.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
shield was good; all three are trash

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
Splitting up DIY annoyed me because both guys did the singles thing before and didn't really get anywhere with it within NXT.
They teamed up and people loving loved it and them.
Now they are split again and past a heated feud between them there really is nothing worthwhile.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

Splitting up DIY annoyed me because both guys did the singles thing before and didn't really get anywhere with it within NXT.
Now they are split again and past a heated feud between them there really is nothing worthwhile.

At the very least we will get great matches out of them. Can't say the same for Enzo and cass.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Skaw posted:

Guys, I'm late to the party. Did anyone mention that, an ambulance on hand for his match with Braun, means that Roman will have a nice oxygen tank ready for when he gasses?

They should send it to the Smackdown PPV for Nakamura when he needs a 20 minute nap before going out for his match.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Evil Badman posted:

Wait, you're telling me they didn't sell out in Dayton, Ohio?!
Fun fact I learned just yesterday: during the broadcast of King of the Ring '93 they kept saying they were live from the Heartland of America because they were ashamed to admit they were in Dayton, OH

MotU posted:

phoenix is literally the only way jinder is gonna get heat
lol

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

When you think about it, there wasn't much else for them to do in the tag division of NXT, either. They shouldn't be beating Authors of Pain (frankly, nobody should be beating AoP for a long, long, long time) and anything else is just a step down for them.

I dunno, on the one hand, I absolutely love DIY, but on the other I feel like Gargano is such an incredible babyface, the sky is legitimately the limit for him as a singles guy. Or, rather, it would be if he were a few inches taller.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Jerry Lawler, known fan of cheap heat and heel antics, had this take on the Women's MITB:

Jerry Lawler on his podcast posted:

“That’s one thing that disturbed me, and hopefully they will fix that in some kind of way. That’s what WWE has been about. We don’t even call them Divas anymore; it’s the women’s division because it’s about empowering women. So much of the emphasis that the WWE has put on the women’s division has done that. That’s why I was disappointed to see, in the first ever, historic Women’s Money in the Bank Ladder Match, that they had to have a man climb the ladder and retrieve the Money in the Bank briefcase. I’m one of [the people who are upset about the finish].”

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

projecthalaxy posted:

Jerry Lawler, known fan of cheap heat and heel antics, had this take on the Women's MITB:

Jerry "The King" Lawler, feminist ally

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
The best breakup feud in recent memory was Morrison/Miz breaking up and continually feuding over who was going to be "the Jannetty." I think both guys have done pretty well for themselves and while neither is an HBK (who the gently caress is?), they've both had single success in WWE and Lucha Underground.

Although you can tell WWE clearly thought Morrison was going to be the HBK of the pair. He got his own DVD set long before even CM Punk and Jericho did.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Tato posted:

WWECW being on the network makes me very happy. I'll get to see The Zombie again. And watch Christian's title run when he was getting good matches out of Yoshi Tatsu and Zack Ryder.

I can't wait to go back and see the weird, but lovable team of Christian, Tommy Dreamer, Goldust, and Yoshi Tatsu again.

Best part of WWECW is when the draft came up and gutted the roster and you could hear Taz get more and more desperate is time went on.

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Jun 22, 2017

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

It's good to see the finish was the only morally acceptable one then.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
All that talk about MITB rules and precedents, and the resolution was just "strip the case because Twitter is mad" or w/e, yea WWE loves the fans we get it :jerkbag:

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

as a man who suplexes his girlfriends onto his batmobile on the regular jerry lawler respects the fighting strength of women

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Jerry Lawler defeated that sexist Hollyweird hack Andy Kaufman I see nothing wrong here

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

holy poo poo this is so good

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Hype Bros/Colons **
Women's MITB ***
New Day/Usos ***1/4
Naomi/Lana *
Jinder/Orton ***1/2
Breezango/Ascension *
Men's MITB ****1/2

About what I expected, including the usual caveat that Dave is way kinder to Orton matches than some people are.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Twisted Eye posted:

gently caress da haters, WWE's ECW was my favorite of the three brands when I last watched weekly. I'm down for this

I really enjoyed their ECW show too, I think one of the biggest issues with it was the name - it wasn't "ECW" the way people remembered it (the good and the bad) and didn't really have any need to be called that.

Great memories of the Race Wars, School Newsletters, attempts to understand CM Punk's booking and trying to figure out what the hell Sabu was doing that made up the GDTs of the time too :allears:

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
whew i sure am glad daniel bryan came back just in time to kill the hottest angle the sd womens divisions has had in forever what a close call

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Tato posted:

Same. Christian's return made that show must-watch for me way back when. God I really liked him as champion.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

wwe's ecw was pretty awful at first and was one of the things that led to me not watching wrestling for many years. i know it got better but god when they were still clinging to the pretense that it was like the original ecw and trotting out a barely mobile balls mahoney to feud with matt striker it was so bad.

Cardboard Box fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Jun 22, 2017

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BIG PUFFY NIPS posted:

whew i sure am glad daniel bryan came back just in time to kill the hottest angle the sd womens divisions has had in forever what a close call

yeah, that James Ellsworth is a woman with heat-

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
If James Ellsworth says he's a woman, he is, case closed

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

Gonz posted:

I had just turned the ignition. I died two seconds later!

Fixed for temperature

That Dang Dad fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Jun 22, 2017

lockhq
Feb 26, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

I really enjoyed their ECW show too, I think one of the biggest issues with it was the name - it wasn't "ECW" the way people remembered it (the good and the bad) and didn't really have any need to be called that.

Great memories of the Race Wars, School Newsletters, attempts to understand CM Punk's booking and trying to figure out what the hell Sabu was doing that made up the GDTs of the time too :allears:

What was the race wars and school newsletters? Both sound intriguing

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

VJeff posted:

I feel like Gargano is such an incredible babyface, the sky is legitimately the limit for him as a singles guy.

People said this about Sami and Bayley. Be careful what you wish for.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

lockhq posted:

What was the race wars and school newsletters? Both sound intriguing

Just a bunch of running jokes in the GDTs at the time. There was a weird kind of thing where the heel/face dynamic was kinda vaguely separated into black guys vs white guys, and a running joke in the thread that ECW was a high school and each week Matt Striker wrote up an editorial for the paper explaining what had happened the previous week with the Big Man on Campus, the stoners, the AV club nerds etc.

The one consistent thing you could rely on was Sabu pointing at the sky and declaring,"I'm Sabu!" every so often.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

DoctorGonzo posted:

yeah, that James Ellsworth is a woman with heat-

carmella sure would be if they let her wave that briefcase in the crowds face every week

repeating a once a year event on tv robs it of any sense of importance. also now beckys just gonna win it and lose her cash in on charlotte at some point

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
Yeah I hated the finish to the Women's MitB match and this is quite possibly the worst thing to do to try and fix it. It's like 50/50 booking only with bad finishes.

I will take back my complaints if Carmella still cheats to win and makes everyone miserable in every conceivable way.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BIG PUFFY NIPS posted:

carmella sure would be if they let her wave that briefcase in the crowds face every week

repeating a once a year event on tv robs it of any sense of importance. also now beckys just gonna win it and lose her cash in on charlotte at some point

just like letting a idiot loser geek retrieve the briefcase. im glad Lawler and other people are making GBS threads on the thing it was dumb and tna esque. Like people said the correct thing would have been Ellsworth trying to cheat, the girls beating the crap out of him and Carmella retrieving the MITB. But this is the wwe we are talking about.

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Jun 22, 2017

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Benne posted:

Hype Bros/Colons **
Women's MITB ***
New Day/Usos ***1/4
Naomi/Lana *
Jinder/Orton ***1/2
Breezango/Ascension *
Men's MITB ****1/2

About what I expected, including the usual caveat that Dave is way kinder to Orton matches than some people are.

I wouldn't rate Naomi/Lana that low, or Orton or MITB that high. Aside from New Day/Usos it managed to feel like a completely meh in ring night.

Minidust posted:

All that talk about MITB rules and precedents, and the resolution was just "strip the case because Twitter is mad" or w/e, yea WWE loves the fans we get it :jerkbag:

They shot themselves in the drat foot with talk of 'no rules'. THE LADDER MATCH HAS RULES.

The competitor who takes down the briefcase wins the match. A non-competitor took it down, the win was invalid. IS THAT SO loving HARD TO SAY?!?!?!

Or, you know, just don't book a bad finish that everyone will hate? It wasn't good heat, it's bad heat, and they did actually know people would loving hate it and be annoyed at them.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

it also ruins a once in a year event by having the reward for the match be an opportunity so rare and valuable that you can get it purely by existing

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

DoctorGonzo posted:

just like letting a idiot loser geek retrieve the briefcase. im glad Lawler and other people are making GBS threads on the thing it was dumb and tna esque. Like people said the correct thing would have been Ellsworth trying to cheat, the girls beating the crap out of him and Carmella retrieving the MITB. But this is the wwe we are talking about.

Ellsworth taking a bump from a ladder in the ring to a table on the outside would have been an awesome part of that match and cool. Carmella winning by herself while Ellsworth cheers her on from a stretcher would have been awesome.

rare Magic card l00k posted:

it also ruins a once in a year event by having the reward for the match be an opportunity so rare and valuable that you can get it purely by existing

Yeah, everyone fighting for the opportunity to have a title match. Except Lana asks for this opportunity....and just gets a title match.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

reminder that every single one of the women in the match who are so upset about carmella winning the way she did could get a title match with naomi by literally just going to the ring and going 'i would like a title match'

instead these people are so stupid that they are forcing themselves to try and win a 6-way ladder match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

this isn't even like 'oh, well you could get a title match with <any champion> by asking for one' in a division with an actual lot of theorhetical contenders

so much of the division was competing for a shot at the title that a person in her first ever wrestling match became #1 contender by not being in the match for a title shot

this is like if every single person on the roster was in the royal rumble, so the person challenging for the wwe title was blartz snuffman

• Locked thread