Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Jade Star posted:

There is something weird and totally random that bothers me about some of the guns in this game. Like the polaris. When you fire the polaris it animates a shell casing being ejected. Neat touch, totally normal. cool. But when you reload the Polaris, it shows an entire clip worth of shells being dropped onto the floor. Each bullet is getting two casings. One ejects when you fire it, and another sits around int he magazine until you reload and then gets dumped on the floor. Why does this happen?! And why does it bug me so much?!

I noticed the same thing with the Sawn-Off Shotgun that the Convict starts with. It ejects a shell every time it fires. When it reloads, it dumps as many empty shells on the floor as it had to reload.

Graphical oversight? Or a manifestation of Ammomancy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Too lazy to make a different reload animation :v:

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Everyone knows ejecting shells are cool. Therefore, ejecting more shells than logically possible is even cooler.

Frankly, I'm hoping for a future gun that will drown you in casings like that one scene in Hot Shots! Part Deux.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Samuel Clemens posted:

Everyone knows ejecting shells are cool. Therefore, ejecting more shells than logically possible is even cooler.

Frankly, I'm hoping for a future gun that will drown you in casings like that one scene in Hot Shots! Part Deux.

Having your gun eject more casings based on your coolness level would be awesome. Get the cigs and you could have your crossbow ejecting a dozen shells every time you fire!

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Atomikus posted:

Disregard Projectiles: As Bullet, give yourself Armor of Thorns, Cloranthy Ring, Riddle of Lead, and a Red Guon Stone. You may not pick up or use any weapons that fires projectiles, other than Blasphemy.

The dark souls run
Add in gun soul

Atomikus
Jun 4, 2010

Muncie? Muncie! MUNCIE!

Rigged Death Trap posted:

The dark souls run
Add in gun soul

Old Knight's Flask kind of a requirement for that as well

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
You's also really have to play as the Marine in his alt outfit for that real Fashion Souls experience.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Is adding in the 6th chamber on an Overcursed run cheating?

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

Samuel Clemens posted:

Get this: a gun that fires casings. And ejects casings as it fires. Better if the dropped casings could ignite monsters or something for a moment after they fall.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Do any of the guns have damaging reload animations besides the fight-saber? I'm imagining something like the sawn-off that violently ejects hulls behind the gungeoneer and damage anything they hit.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
The Huntsman and Excalibur have the same reload-swing effect as the Fightsaber, but without reflecting bullets.

The Tediore reload-grenade effect from Borderlands 2 might work in this game. Leaving bullets in the magazine makes for a more powerful explosion, but here it would chew through your ammo supply even faster than normal guns.

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.

Cerebral Bore posted:

You's also really have to play as the Marine in his alt outfit for that real Fashion Souls experience.

praise the gun

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Bozart posted:

praise the gun

The gun is good. The penis is evil.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
Mod Run Suggestion:

You Only Get (A Lot Of) One Shot

Give yourself every single shot weapon in the game. Give yourself Alpha and Omega Bullets.

No ammo pickups or chests.

Go the distance.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

White Coke posted:

The gun is good. The penis is evil.

I'm dismayed they don't reference that in this game. They reference everything else.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
I have a suggestion for a run but it hinges entirely on an item you haven't unlocked yet.

"someone think up a name because I'm bad at this" run:
Give yourself Lament Configurum at the beginning of the run. The only items and guns you can pick up are those spawned by it. Possible (if you think it'll make the run more interesting) exceptions for items dropped by one or more of: munchers/mimics/bosses/challenges/post-room chest rewards)

half-assed name suggestion: "iron price"?

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

Aumanor posted:

I have a suggestion for a run but it hinges entirely on an item you haven't unlocked yet.

Give yourself Lament Configurum at the beginning of the run. The only items and guns you can pick up are those spawned by it. Possible (if you think it'll make the run more interesting) exceptions for items dropped by one or more of: munchers/mimics/bosses/challenges/post-room chest rewards)

half-assed name suggestion: "iron price"?

"No Tears Please (It's a waste of good suffering)"

When you're cheating using the command line to give yourself stuff, what you have unlocked doesn't matter. I think Ser Junkan is the only item that unlocks itself when you pick it up.

I killed the Pilot's past last night, hoping if I could see Ammonomicon entries for his ship's guns and missile pod (there are none). I wonder if you could cheat yourself those weapons and the ship transformation. Start the game as that, maybe add Wingman, and pick up no other items throughout the run. Call it "Honey, I Shrunk Our Ship".

Atomikus
Jun 4, 2010

Muncie? Muncie! MUNCIE!
Actually, have one more:

Bad Gun Redemption Arc:
Pick any one gun you've trash-talked, give yourself it and any items you believe would compensate for the gun's shortcomings.
You may only use this gun as long as it has ammunition, and when ammo drops it has to first go to this gun.

Just ran through Hell with the .38 Special, so I know that's at least possible.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

How about a run where you mod yourself in the items needed to become Cormorant?

Or a Beholster run, you can only use your starting weapon or one of the guns that the Beholster uses Com4nd0, Machine Pistol, Eye of the Beholster, Void Marshal, and M1911.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Zark the Damned posted:

Or a Beholster run, you can only use your starting weapon or one of the guns that the Beholster uses Com4nd0, Machine Pistol, Eye of the Beholster, Void Marshal, and M1911.

This, but duct tape all of them together (if possible, that is).

Wind Tempest
Oct 9, 2007

I am the culmination of all that is wrong with japan.
How about a Gun Rotation run?

Before you enter an unexplored room, switch to the next gun with ammo in your inventory, you must use that weapon to clear the next room.
You may only switch if you run out of ammo and it is only to the next gun in the list.

It is similar to the Gunnel Vision, but instead of sticking to a weapon until it is empty, you constantly cycle through your weapons.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Reiterating my previous suggestion:

High Curse Run, give yourself the Silver Bullets.

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Terminator run.

Give yourself Riddle of Lead, Broccoli, Armor Synthesizer, Nanomachines, Full Metal Jacket, a Hazmat Suit, the Elder Blank, 3 pieces of the Gunknight set, and any +Coolness items you want to increase droprate. You aren't allowed to dodgeroll except when you have to to cross a hazard room, the High Dragun's second phase, or Bullet Hell.

Use the alternate Robot skin.

If I understand the numbers right, you should have a 60% chance of avoiding damage when hit, gain 1 armor per every 4 hits (so that reduces damage by another 25%) and should gain +3 armor per floor plus have a reasonable chance of having armor drop after clearing a room. That means each point of armor is on average good for 2.2 hits but you're probably guaranteed to take some hits from the boss so it evens out.

I'm not sure if you can survive the High Dragun like this but it could be amusing. Yes, that's a lot of items, but that's because just not having a dodgeroll is probably crippling enough that you'll probably need all of them.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
What's the maximum number of guns you can carry in your inventory?

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Mraagvpeine posted:

What's the maximum number of guns you can carry in your inventory?

Uh, theoretically one of every gun in the game, although you'll probably have to cheat to get that many.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

senrath posted:

Uh, theoretically one of every gun in the game, although you'll probably have to cheat to get that many.

Cheat to get that many, you say?

New run idea: Guns, Lots of Guns

Give yourself every gun. You can only go through one clip of any given gun before you must discard it.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
... It's Klobberring Time!

Use nothing but the Klobb, with all ammo increasing items. Don't pick up the Cog of Battle if it drops.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Aumanor posted:

I'd call it the "Brad Pitt Finds Out What's In The Box" Run.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

CirclMastr posted:

Cheat to get that many, you say?

New run idea: Guns, Lots of Guns

Give yourself every gun. You can only go through one clip of any given gun before you must discard it.

The game has a thing that pretty much does this itself. If Scruffy ever unlocks it.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I think what was going on with the Rad Gun was that as you leveled it up it emptied more of the clip without firing more bullets, making it harder to keep at peak raditude since you need to reload more.

Atomikus
Jun 4, 2010

Muncie? Muncie! MUNCIE!
Actually, there seems to be some kind of bug with some guns at some times when you click faster that you can shoot it depletes the ammo counter without actually depleting your magazine. So it can go empty, and you can get the prompt to reload while still being able to shoot. I've gotten it with the Polaris, the Rad Gun, and the Hyper Light Gun

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008
Just picked this up, apologies if it's already been asked/explained earlier, but: is there any sort of rubric for when/where secret rooms show up, like in Binding of Isaac? Or do you pretty much just have to spend a lot of ammo checking walls? (Related question, but will things like the Flare Gun and Crossbow still crack walls just like normal bullets?)

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Ghost of Starman posted:

Just picked this up, apologies if it's already been asked/explained earlier, but: is there any sort of rubric for when/where secret rooms show up, like in Binding of Isaac? Or do you pretty much just have to spend a lot of ammo checking walls? (Related question, but will things like the Flare Gun and Crossbow still crack walls just like normal bullets?)

This page indicates something like that but unlike BoI there are several ordinary rooms that can be the sole secret room attachment too so without that possibly non-comprehensive guide handy it's not nearly as easy to reliably find. And yes, any gun with limited ammo can find secret rooms; that's one saving grace of stuff like the Klobb or lowercase r, you no longer have to waste ammo for your actually good guns.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

IMJack posted:

I killed the Pilot's past last night, hoping if I could see Ammonomicon entries for his ship's guns and missile pod (there are none). I wonder if you could cheat yourself those weapons and the ship transformation. Start the game as that, maybe add Wingman, and pick up no other items throughout the run. Call it "Honey, I Shrunk Our Ship".

Not sure if they patched it, but there used to be a bug where you would still be the ship if you did a quick restart during the Pilot's past. I think the game was predictably glitchy if you did it though, I doubt you could use the trick as a gimmick for a complete run even if they didn't fix it.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
Just had another idea for a quirky run. A Duct Tape Run. Start the game as either the Convict or the Hunter. Open every chest you are able to. When you find your first gun, spawn a Duct Tape and use it to duct tape it with your secondary starting gun. Do this for every two non-Duct Tape'd Guns you find. You may only use guns (outside of your starter pistol) that have been Duct Taped together. You may not drop or feed any guns to a Muncher.

Alternately, for really wacky funtimes, continually Duct Tape together all guns you find into a single Mega Weapon.

Rorahusky fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jun 23, 2017

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Hey, not all of the starting pistols do the same damage!

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
So there's going to be a missing episode here for a while until I figure out how to commentate it well because live commentary just wasn't working out. Also I'm on vacation for the next two weeks.

But I still recorded and uploaded some videos in advance! One of the things I did in the second lost episode was finally find the Sorceress, one of the NPCs I've been missing. So this run is all about her mode.

Gun Game/Polsy

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.
That was really entertaining, lots of guns in there I don't think we've seen before in the videos.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

You completely missed two cracked walls that either you shot up inadvertently or enemies revealed for you! One of 'em was right before you got the crutch; can't remember the other one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Cosidering that the banana bounces, exlpodes, and splits into more bananas it's definitely a Worms reference.

• Locked thread