Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

suuma posted:

I've only played Mario 3, Mario 64 and Pikmin 1/2 from the Nintendo Store but I sort of just assumed all of the first party games were on there. That's weird.

I remember being really mad I couldn't buy Banjo Kazooie on it but I guess that's on Xbox for some reason

The vast majority of Nintendo games are not available on any other platforms but the original they were released on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Sakurazuka posted:

I can't imagine playing them on your phone/tablet workable anyway

Android has had controller support for at least 5 or 6 years now

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

raditts posted:

Android has had controller support for at least 5 or 6 years now

I can't imagine a position where playing games with a controller on your phone is remotely comfortable either

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

The voices they give Yoshi (and Link in LttP) are intolerable.

But they have new levels designed by the SNES crew tho, that kinda makes up for it IMHO. Or maybe I'm biased because I've only ever played the GBA version so the really cool sounds they make on the SNES sound wrong.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Nate RFB posted:

The voices they give Yoshi (and Link in LttP) are intolerable.

Whatever could you mean...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yXRGYaOfeY

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the happy song rules kiss my beans

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah there's no VC games that use the Super FX chip because they have to pay the guy who designed it more money.

I'd be more sympathetic to the guy if he hadn't been going around the last half-decade or so trying to drum up poo poo about how Mario 64 was his idea and they stole the idea for it from him and Croc Legend of the Globbos is the true Mario 64.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

gently caress u the happy song is good

oddium posted:

the happy song rules kiss my beans

:yeah:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Not an emptyquote

e: eat assssshoooooole
eat asssssshoooooooooooooole

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i decided the best course of action to my new job not starting until august 1st was to get drunk until 4am on a wednesday while playing videogames and i regret this decision immensely

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

winners don't do drugs

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

oddium posted:

winners don't do drugs

actually winners do lots of drugs as it turns out

however i am not one of them

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I stayed up playing Scythe at my friend's place until 1 am despite having work in the morning so I feel ya on the bad decision making.

Scythe is real cool though, I like that game a lot.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

PantsBandit posted:

I stayed up playing Scythe at my friend's place until 1 am despite having work in the morning so I feel ya on the bad decision making.

sorry for turning your avatar into diddy with a boombox that one time

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah there's no VC games that use the Super FX chip because they have to pay the guy who designed it more money.

The Super FX technology is jointly owned by Argonauts and Nintendo through a joint venture company called A/N. It was supposed to split the royalties from FX and other technologies. Nintendo was the majority owner with a controlling stake in the venture. There are likely legal limbo issues with the games' code that go beyond FX now that Argonauts is defunct.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Cowcaster posted:

sorry for turning your avatar into diddy with a boombox that one time

iirc people wanted you to do that

<--- guy who was one of Bonzi's Buddies

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

FirstAidKite posted:

Not an emptyquote

e: eat assssshoooooole
eat asssssshoooooooooooooole

Thats what i hear

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

pirate k rool in smash for switch

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

no travis touchdown no buy

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Dewgy posted:

Looks like super simplified UI and controls for batting. All it does for me though is make me want a new Bases Loaded. :smith:
my understanding is that it plays like the Griffey SNES game

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

PantsBandit posted:

Scythe looks super cool and I hope to get it and play it some day :D

I was up last night playing this with KCB.

We got around the "destroy the game materials to play" thing by using our scanner to just modify stuff in photoshop instead so we can reuse this later on, maybe by running it for other people or something :) We had a bunch of fun with it. There were some people in the trad games thread telling me that they're really awful games but I've played 2 of the 3 Exit titles currently available in English and they were both very fun so I don't get why it was getting hated on.

Also, there were two puzzles in The Abandoned Cabin that had me going "god dammit hahahaha" at the solution, like, not even angry about it, just chuffed. They were one puzzle where you decode a message telling you to take out the cardboard insert of the box in order to find a hidden sheet of paper you need to progress and another one that required you to unscramble some letters and then look through the pictures for said unscrambled word. The word ended up being "barcode" so I had to look at the barcode on the box in order to progress with the puzzle. Some real Metal Gear Solid Meryl's Codec Code poo poo right there lol.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
I wish the PS4 version of The Final Station let you use the dpad in menus.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

PantsBandit posted:

The board game? One of the people in my board gaming group got that but we haven't tried it yet. Really high quality production, but the rules seems somewhat daunting.

We've been playing Terra Mystica, which has quickly become my new favorite.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Sakurazuka posted:

I can't imagine a position where playing games with a controller on your phone is remotely comfortable either

have you heard of the Nintendo Switch

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

can someone buy me a chipotle burrito the size of my body and feed me it whilst crooning gently i'm in a bad way over here

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jeff gerstman's uncredited twin peaks cameo

https://youtu.be/LxvUcQ0tlGQ

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Cowcaster posted:

can someone buy me a chipotle burrito the size of my body and feed me it whilst crooning gently i'm in a bad way over here

This sounds like a very specific fetish.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Cowcaster posted:

Directions unclear...

"Is your social worker inside that burrito?"

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

can someone walk over the entire burger king value menu with bare feet while i play nier automata. there will be money involved

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Snak posted:

The board game? One of the people in my board gaming group got that but we haven't tried it yet. Really high quality production, but the rules seems somewhat daunting.

We've been playing Terra Mystica, which has quickly become my new favorite.

Yeah the board game. Thing about Scythe is it is intimidating but once you've read through things with the group and started playing is actually very intuitive. Very little stopping to look stuff up. The rulebook actually has some editors notes about how their design philosophies emphasize being able to just look at something and understand it. They're smart cookies.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Cool. Yeah we're all pretty excited to play it because it looks so fuckin sweet.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

oddium posted:

can someone walk over the entire burger king value menu with bare feet while i play nier automata. there will be money involved

i don't need this sass i'm extremely hungover

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

I wish they had made this a full game and not just a weird video thing

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Snak posted:

Directions unclear...

"Is your social worker inside that burrito?"

I loved the first season of Hannibal but never got around to continuing the rest. (I think this describes many shows I was watching around 2013-14 before I transitioned most of my TV time to watching other people play video games)

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
But that quote is from season 2?

I loved thebfurst 2 seasons and fell out during the third, but I'm on a rewatch now gonna finish the whole thing. Fingers crossed for s4...

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

can someone put me in a diaper and call me sonic the hedgehog, while feeding me chilidogs and saying they're pregnant, it's ok i'm hungover

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
:yikes:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

[Your First Name] the Hedgehog

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Cxxxxx The Hedgehog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The volume of Sonic the Hedgehog fanart on the internet is totally baffling to me because it's presumably made by young adults and there hasn't been a good Sonic game in 15 years.

• Locked thread