Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Lol, because you are clearly more 'mad'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Disgusting Coward posted:

It's almost like we still have mods who ban people for being "bad" or unpopular rather than for breaking rules. Really makes you think namaste.

And it's not like we have a catch all "don't be a dick" rule just to cover things that aren't explicitly a rule

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

And it's not like we have a catch all "don't be a dick" rule just to cover things that aren't explicitly a rule

Where "dick" is arbitrarily defined by a middle aged manic-depressive computer dude who may or may not consider dickish behaviour to include things like not using a shift key, liking the voices in Command & Conquer, having sex with consenting adults, advising a guy who is about to die of heart failure to avoid fatty foods, laughing at the world's worst house, laughing at Star Citizen, finding a funny hot dog man funny, being a weird dude who comes up with goofy film interpretations, grumbling about SA on an offsite or having centre-right opinions while being from the UK.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Dear Richard,

may I call you Dick?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Where "dick" is arbitrarily defined by a middle aged manic-depressive computer dude who may or may not consider dickish behaviour to include things like not using a shift key, liking the voices in Command & Conquer, having sex with consenting adults, advising a guy who is about to die of heart failure to avoid fatty foods, laughing at the world's worst house, laughing at Star Citizen, finding a funny hot dog man funny, being a weird dude who comes up with goofy film interpretations, grumbling about SA on an offsite or having centre-right opinions while being from the UK.

Doobie stopped being funny right around the time someone jerked off onto a picture of doobie's wife and someone else said that doobie's kid had dick sucking lips.

The problem isn't that pedantic nerds want to goose step on humor, its when unhealthy idiots go too far and run poo poo into the ground so badly that there's nothing left other than spamming a retarded meme while dutch ruddering each other.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Spanish Manlove posted:

Doobie stopped being funny right around the time someone jerked off onto a picture of doobie's wife and someone else said that doobie's kid had dick sucking lips.

The problem isn't that pedantic nerds want to goose step on humor, its when unhealthy idiots go too far and run poo poo into the ground so badly that there's nothing left other than spamming a retarded meme while dutch ruddering each other.

Doxxing is so loving uncool

Some people like lowtax are all upfront about who they are and uh, heck I remember Debbie Metallica just shoving her face in a camera and saying here is my fat face dwi

It's like a sport but less sporting than any sport save cards or online gaming

People who latch on to doobie or hate him and his dumb dog house, the people who obsessively followed chrischan. And well okay it turns out that while Platform Masters is not going to see a wide release but ulililililia is developing as a human being pretty darn well

oh dear i have too much internet

whatever happened to trapezoid mouth?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2826114&userid=129372

gimme fuel gimme fire

syscall girl has a new favorite as of 12:05 on Jun 22, 2017

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

syscall girl posted:

And well okay it turns out that while Platform Masters is not going to see a wide release but ulililililia is developing as a human being pretty darn well

Aw, this is good news. :unsmith:

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

The whole thing with Chris-chan is extra bizarre because he is literally being gangstalked, which is supposed to be a paranoid delusion and not a real thing that actually happens but welp here we are

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

syscall girl posted:

Doxxing is so loving uncool

Some people like lowtax are all upfront about who they are and uh, heck I remember Debbie Metallica just shoving her face in a camera and saying here is my fat face dwi

It's like a sport but less sporting than any sport save cards or online gaming

People who latch on to doobie or hate him and his dumb dog house, the people who obsessively followed chrischan. And well okay it turns out that while Platform Masters is not going to see a wide release but ulililililia is developing as a human being pretty darn well

oh dear i have too much internet

doxxing suxxs, but at least we got rid of aatrek, and spanmanlove isn't a mod anymore

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3068921&pagenumber=519&perpage=40#post472865040

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Aw, this is good news. :unsmith:

He is becoming a boat guy?

I only get news of this sort of person very tangentially but uh

Amazing thing about just shoving all your personal pizza details onto the webs and you keep on keeping on

I'm still waiting on the fishmech documentary

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

syscall girl posted:

He is becoming a boat guy?

I only get news of this sort of person very tangentially but uh

Amazing thing about just shoving all your personal pizza details onto the webs and you keep on keeping on

I'm still waiting on the fishmech documentary

its already been made dude

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x20uluo_challenge-of-the-child-geniuses-ii-who-is-the-smartest-kid-in-america-part-1_videogames

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014

Spanish Manlove posted:

The problem isn't that pedantic nerds want to goose step on humor,

Hmm golly gee I wonder why bitter ex-mod Spanish Manlove would think this.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvDSl4WB-Q4

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Literally none of these things are accurate depictions of what actually happened

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

Veib posted:

The whole thing with Chris-chan is extra bizarre because he is literally being gangstalked, which is supposed to be a paranoid delusion and not a real thing that actually happens but welp here we are

CWC is basically what you get if you scoop out a human being's entire individuality and self and replace it with commands from the internet. He's basically a human version of Twitch Plays Pokemon, it's creepy as all gently caress I'm mostly just hoping it never happens with anyone else, but that seems wildly idealistic given how well I know how the internet works.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Literally none of these things are accurate depictions of what actually happened

Tbf it was explicitly against the rules to not use correct capitalisation for quite a while

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Veib posted:

My wife knows (or at least knew) a bunch of people who were just absolutely obsessed with Chris-chan, to the point where they're likely still bothering him, updating his ED page, all that poo poo.

You really have to wonder who the broken person is in that situation. Let the dude live his/her life, christ.

Though macing a store employee is pretty hosed up, I have to wonder if it even would have ever gotten to that point if he wasn't constantly made into some sort of spectacle.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Hogge Wild posted:

doxxing suxxs, but at least we got rid of aatrek, and spanmanlove isn't a mod anymore

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3068921&pagenumber=519&perpage=40#post472865040

I never understood your problem with me and the fact that you like that I was doxxed is pretty lame.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Improbable Lobster posted:

Tbf it was explicitly against the rules to not use correct capitalisation for quite a while

I honestly loved that little foible

Got kinda reactionary to it though

syscall girl has a new favorite as of 13:14 on Jun 22, 2017

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
fwiw at this late date i have totally forgotten w/e spanish manlove's forgotten alt was

i think that dude is gay?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I was a pedantic little poo poo right out of high school and I was always That Guy on aim or a message board with like AP style guide posts. It's a dumb way to live, language is reactive and we define what is "correct". The only reason I capitalize anything is because my phone does it automatically most of the time

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spanish Manlove posted:

I never understood your problem with me and the fact that you like that I was doxxed is pretty lame.

you'rw unfunny and annoyning, my dude, every poster who has worth as a human being has "a problem" with you

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Stuntman posted:

you'rw unfunny and annoyning, my dude, every poster who has worth as a human being has "a problem" with you

rude

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

My wife knows (or at least knew) a bunch of people who were just absolutely obsessed with Chris-chan, to the point where they're likely still bothering him, updating his ED page, all that poo poo.

You really have to wonder who the broken person is in that situation. Let the dude live his/her life, christ.

Though macing a store employee is pretty hosed up, I have to wonder if it even would have ever gotten to that point if he wasn't constantly made into some sort of spectacle.

he was already a complete and total weirdo before the internet got ahold of him, it may have hastened or altered the exact nature of his insanity but i doubt it really changed all that much in the end.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Spanish Manlove posted:

From the extensive amount I've read, most posters who don't like you feel that way because you try to dictate what is funny based on your own personal opinion, rather than group dynamic. It's like telling someone that they're not having fun the "right" way.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

WoodrowSkillson posted:

he was already a complete and total weirdo before the internet got ahold of him, it may have hastened or altered the exact nature of his insanity but i doubt it really changed all that much in the end.

People are still loving weirdos for obsessing over him.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

See The Saurus.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Drunk Nerds posted:

From the extensive amount I've read, most posters who don't like you feel that way because you try to dictate what is funny based on your own personal opinion, rather than group dynamic. It's like telling someone that they're not having fun the "right" way.

Thank you. Not many people have actually stated this in a constructive way, or really at all other than saying "suck my balls".

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I still like you spanlove.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Charles Bukowski posted:

I still like you spanlove.

Thank you.

It wouldn't be so bad if people just watched from the couch and didn't actively try to gently caress him up further.

Ulillillia was someone even the guys from 4chan decided was too precious to gently caress with and just wanted to watch him make his videos and fumble through understanding the world. That's how it should be, just watch from afar, not actually trying to absorb yourself into the internet person.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Spanish Manlove posted:

Thank you.

It wouldn't be so bad if people just watched from the couch and didn't actively try to gently caress him up further.

Ulillillia was someone even the guys from 4chan decided was too precious to gently caress with and just wanted to watch him make his videos and fumble through understanding the world. That's how it should be, just watch from afar, not actually trying to absorb yourself into the internet person.

I would say "do not touch the poop" but yeah Uli is not poop

Do not touch his sister I guess

*goonrush*

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Has anyone gotten Ulilililia to comment on this new Bubsy game they're making?

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

idk that I ever got way into a community here aside from Trad Games like a decade ago, and most of those posters are either gone or namechanged or don't post outside of there very often. Got to know baloogan over IRC back then, though, and for some reason I'll never forget a mundane thing he said about why he's an insomniac.

Does anyone remember how for a while there was a running joke about how the forums were populated by one poster and a thousand Lowtax sock puppets? The heck did that come from and why did it have legs?

Spanish Manlove posted:

He also strikes me as a guy that's much harder to gently caress with, confident in his own self-worth to superhuman degrees, but not in a douchey way. Unlike CWC, he doesn't seem to care if people online like him or not, aside from the very natural impulse to want to have friends and stuff.

I broke my rule of "no internet weirdos" on Facebook by adding him a few years ago. I'm glad I did, its nice to see him doing well from time to time and also I know he has my name on a spreadsheet counting the times he's seen me say a swear

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Peanut Butler posted:

He also strikes me as a guy that's much harder to gently caress with, confident in his own self-worth to superhuman degrees, but not in a douchey way.

People sent him naked pictures of his sister because they thought it would be funny. He didn't really care and went back to making platform masters.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Spanish Manlove posted:

People sent him naked pictures of his sister because they thought it would be funny. He didn't really care and went back to making platform masters.

Did they obtain these pictures by catfishing the sister, because that's pretty hosed up if true.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Peanut Butler posted:

I broke my rule of "no internet weirdos" on Facebook by adding him a few years ago. I'm glad I did, its nice to see him doing well from time to time and also I know he has my name on a spreadsheet counting the times he's seen me say a swear

I stopped really following his output after he unfriended me (I swear constantly on Facebook), but The Legend of the 10 Elemental Masters is probably one of the better self-published fantasy novels I've read, at least insofar as it was unpredictable and concerned with details in a way that made it unique and entertaining to read, instead of another Tolkien/GRRM/etc ripoff. It basically reads like if Homestuck was 100% deadpan.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I used to be on the forum that eventually turned into Kiwifarms.

About 5 or 6 years ago, it was purely about Chris. I was interested in him because the circumstances of his life were so unique, it was almost like an experiment: what happens when you take an autistic kid, actively prevent him from learning how to take care of himself or work a job, and put him on disability so he just spends his life playing video games and hitting on girls without needing to put effort toward anything? It's a bizarre situation that you don't see documented in such detail anywhere else.

At that time, the forum had a mix of good and bad. A lot of the members became friends off-site, and I even met two of them; they were normal, well-adjusted people with adult jobs and healthy relationships. One of them was a developer for the 1990s Mechwarrior games, who sadly died of his various medical problems recently. There were some people who were clearly not well-adjusted, though, like a crazy diaperfur who threw tantrums and stalked people. Eventually one of those dramatic instances led to myself and a few other people no longer being involved in the site, and I generally stopped paying attention to Chris except checking every month or two to see if he or his mom died yet.

The forum turned into Kiwifarms, which is completely awful. They've become so obsessed with the idea of a "lolcow" that they stalk ordinary people because they might be an SJW, obsessively detailing every tweet and Facebook post and trying to doxx anyone they see. The few people who stuck around turned from regular folks into massive creeps. Some of them even stalked my wedding registry and put up creepy messages after they found it. It's like they devolved.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

You see Kiwifarms was OK back in the old days when they were only obsessively e-stalking one autistic weirdo, nowadays they'll stalk/doxx anybody they feel like and man that just doesn't sit well with me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

TBH I'm kind of curious just what "dramatic instance" caused you to leave the site if "crazy diaperfur who threw tantrums and stalked people" was OK

wait how did we circle back to Shmorky again