Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

If the bill is public now, does that mean they plan on voting on this thing today or tomorrow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Really enjoying the loud groans throughout the senate every time Cornyn tries to blame the dems for not participating in the bill.

edit: also apparently the current bill they've released is not the final bill. this is a discussion draft and they won't be releasing the real bill until next week.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Lightning Lord posted:

Please by all means tell me about how a soccer mom enclave in suburban Atlanta would vote en masse if the Dems ran Tommy Douglas of Saskatchewan's Co-operative Commonwealth Federation.

really makes you wonder why the dems dumped five million dollars into trying to get suburban republicans to vote dem, while giving actual left-wing challengers in kansas and montana nothing and a pittance, respectively

headscratcher, that one

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Javes posted:

The current bill is already exceedingly evil, how much more bad can any amendment possibly be?

I believe the "amendment" is the entire bill.

Old James
Nov 20, 2003

Wait a sec. I don't know an Old James!

mcmagic posted:

Ossoff got <1k votes more than the guy who spent $37 on his campaign against Price in 2016. That is something to celebrate?

2016 was a Presidential Election, these always has the highest voter turnout rates. 2017 was a special election, these usually have spectacularly low voter turnout.

So, beating the Presidential Election votes is substantial.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I want to apologize again for my state, which gave all of you Corey Booker and mcmagic, and wonder aloud how someone as RELENTLESSLY MOTHERFUCKING DUMB as the latter manages to live.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Can we please shut the gently caress up about Pelosi? drat. I'm still relatively new here and I don't want to piss people off, but I'm sick of this derail.

A piece of poo poo health care bill that could affect millions of Americans just dropped. Can we focus on that or whatever else is happening today?

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Jesus this thread is awful right now. I'm really sorry I joined in on the Pelosi chat last night. Can we do a moratorium on it?

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Can we please shut the gently caress up about Pelosi? drat. I'm still relatively new here and I don't want to piss people off, but I'm sick of this derail.

A piece of poo poo health care bill that could affect millions of Americans just dropped. Can we focus on that or whatever else is happening today?

I been here 14 years and you're not wrong, although reg date dick measuring went out of style in like 2006.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Trasson posted:

Alright then, let's put it this way. Who should be House Minority Leader if not Pelosi, and why are they better in that role than her? What qualifications do they have and why should other House Democrats listen to this new person?

In short, put up or shut up.

https://twitter.com/Vande_Mataram/status/516670381839900672

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

Aves Maria! posted:

I disagree, Joe Manchin is a real buttface.

He's also actually Joe Theissman and its amazing no-one has picked up on that yet.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

No.

Hellblazer187 posted:

Jesus this thread is awful right now. I'm really sorry I joined in on the Pelosi chat last night. Can we do a moratorium on it?

Nooooooooooooooo

Old James
Nov 20, 2003

Hellblazer187 posted:

Ok, how about we debate what qualifies as a mountain? I heard Oklahoma has some called the Arbuckle Mountains which top out at 1,412 feet. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arbuckle_Mountains

Discuss...

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

mcmagic posted:

You are literally adding nothing to this discussion other than "Dems are doing great and should keep doing what they are doing" while the Trumpists destroy the country and Democrats get beaten by the trumpists like it's their job. Do you realize what an utterly terrible candidate Karen Handel was?

The Democrats gained six seats in the House despite a Republican (albeit barely) winning the White House. If Pelosi is as responsible for running candidates and House election results as you say she is, she deserves the job for life for giving a new President negative coattails.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
pelosichat is dumb, seemingly alone in the democratic hierarchy she's someone actually capable of doing her job, but you're not going to be able to escape dem response chat for the reason it's something people actually disagree on.

oh, hey, the republican replacement for ACA is loving evil. shocker. we got any response to that? no? why is that? bah gawd that's mcmagic's music.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Have you been introduced to Mount Trashmore?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Trashmore_Park

A truly withering peak.

ThisIsWhyTrumpWon
Jun 22, 2017

by Smythe

mcmagic posted:

The party literally can't be hosed more than they are hosed at the moment under this set of leaders.

Ossoff got <1k votes more than the guy who spent $37 on his campaign against Price in 2016. That is something to celebrate?

Stop loving comparing Special Election to Presidential Elections JFC.

Most special elections have turnout below 20% of the population.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Old James posted:

Ok, how about we debate what qualifies as a mountain? I heard Oklahoma has some called the Arbuckle Mountains which top out at 1,412 feet. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arbuckle_Mountains

Discuss...

lol, you think noted East Coast state Oklahoma has mountains.

Kekekela posted:

He's also actually Joe Theissman and its amazing no-one has picked up on that yet.

drat, Joe Theissman has really aged badly the last few years

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

mcmagic posted:

You are literally adding nothing to this discussion other than "Dems are doing great and should keep doing what they are doing" while the Trumpists destroy the country and Democrats get beaten by the trumpists like it's their job. Do you realize what an utterly terrible candidate Karen Handel was?

Karen Handel is bland, white, Christian, upper class, spiteful, and backwards. She's a perfect match for the district.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Climbing to the top of that mountain so I can shout "GAAARFIIIIEEEEEEEEELD!!!" at the top of my lungs.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Ze Pollack posted:

really makes you wonder why the dems dumped five million dollars into trying to get suburban republicans to vote dem, while giving actual left-wing challengers in kansas and montana nothing and a pittance, respectively

headscratcher, that one

Well Montana elected Zangief, for one, I guess.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Boon posted:

A truly withering peak.

Mount Trashmore rules and they built a TopGolf next to it that also rules.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Lightning Lord posted:

From now on, all Democratic strategy should be informed by Akuma's sick moves

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

Aves Maria! posted:

drat, Joe Theissman has really aged badly the last few years

his pact with Satan expired

Old James
Nov 20, 2003

Lightning Lord posted:

Now Montana has mountains, Whoo Boy! If it doesn't go above the tree line then it's just a speed bump. Mount Washington, NH? I've taken shits taller than that.

This thread sucks

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

No I want to continue talking about why the Dem's didn't win R+24 district special elections and how it's all Nancy Pelosi's fault for existing.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Old James posted:

Discuss...

I'm not sure how American this mountain is because it's shorter than the Freedom Tower's official height but higher than its roof.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

Boon posted:

A truly withering peak.

Saw Hosoi, Cabellero et al killing it there in 85

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Old James posted:

Now Montana has mountains, Whoo Boy! If it doesn't go above the tree line then it's just a speed bump. Mount Washington, NH? I've taken shits taller than that.

This thread sucks

mlyp ha ha

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Karen Handel is bland, white, Christian, upper class, spiteful, and backwards. She's a perfect match for the district.

She is so that district she probably has a stick figure family tattoo on her lower back.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
If it's tall enough that falling off of it will kill you then dammit, it's a mountain.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Dick Trauma posted:

If it's tall enough that falling off of it will kill you then dammit, it's a mountain.

Gonna go ahead and affix a plaque to Mount Footstool when I get home.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Dick Trauma posted:

I just moved into Mount My Apartment Building

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
https://twitter.com/chucktodd/status/877913883926609920

womp womp

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Murkowski, Collins, and...

Old James
Nov 20, 2003

Aves Maria! posted:

I just moved into Mount My Apartment Building

I'm going to call you Mr. Jefferson because you are Moving On Up, Moving on Up...

This is more like it!

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Sloober posted:

Quick, mention Manchin! Cory Booker!

Fixed.

Placing my bets: Collins, Murkowski, and Heller.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Murderpig derail>Mountain derail>>>>>>>Pelosi derail.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

McCain's gonna be deeply concerned for his old as gently caress boomer constituents and still vote for it.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

TheScott2K posted:

Murkowski, Collins, and...

Probably part of the shithead caucus (i.e. Ted Cruz) because while incredibly evil, AHCA doesn't literally rip the souls from poor people and cast them into Hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Isn’t their strategy going to be to put up an atrocious dummy bill and then amend it with a less lovely bill they just happen to have lying around?

• Locked thread