Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

if ed balls had known he woulda left him there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Huh, what an unexpected gift. Good for them.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

gee whillikers i wonder if these three senators just happen to come from purple districts and got permission from their party handlers to put up a big show of hemming and hawing over killing their constituents en masse before voting yes on it

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

beautiful fatman posted:

just lol if you're not getting ready to make big bucks in the exciting new field of financing production of "help me I'm sick" youtube videos in exchange for a cut of that sweet crowdfunding money.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Sexual Lorax posted:

gee whillikers i wonder if these three senators just happen to come from purple districts and got permission from their party handlers to put up a big show of hemming and hawing over killing their constituents en masse before voting yes on it

the reason for all the secrecy - trying to thread the needle

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Typo posted:

ahca is gonna pass isn't it

of course it will

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TIME posted:

The hacking of state and local election databases in 2016 was more extensive than previously reported, including at least one successful attempt to alter voter information, and the theft of thousands of voter records that contain private information like partial Social Security numbers, current and former officials tell TIME.

In one case, investigators found there had been a manipulation of voter data in a county database but the alterations were discovered and rectified, two sources familiar with the matter tell TIME. Investigators have not identified whether the hackers in that case were Russian agents.

The fact that private data was stolen from states is separately providing investigators a previously unreported line of inquiry in the probes into Russian attempts to influence the election. In Illinois, more than 90% of the nearly 90,000 records stolen by Russian state actors contained drivers license numbers, and a quarter contained the last four digits of voters’ Social Security numbers, according to Ken Menzel, the General Counsel of the State Board of Elections.

Congressional investigators are probing whether any of this stolen private information made its way to the Trump campaign, two sources familiar with the investigations tell TIME.

“If any campaign, Trump or otherwise, used inappropriate data the questions are, How did they get it? From whom? And with what level of knowledge?” the former top Democratic staffer on the House Intelligence Committee, Michael Bahar, tells TIME. “That is a crux of the investigation."

Spokesmen for the House and Senate Intelligence committees declined to comment on the search for stolen data. No one contacted for this story said they had seen evidence that the stolen, private, data had actually made its way to the Trump campaign.

http://time.com/4828306/russian-hacking-election-widespread-private-data/

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

prefect posted:

I'll believe it when I see it, and maybe not even then.

who you gonna believe that rusty stache or your lyin eyes!!!!

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

prefect posted:

I'll believe it when I see it, and maybe not even then.

can't they afford exactly three with Pence as tiebreaker? these are hall passes

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
new strategy: praise trump and shower him in adulation while steering him into brutally turbo-loving russia, putin and all russians

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxAIE9TbGyk

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

weekly font posted:

can't they afford exactlh three with Pence as tiebreaker? these are hall passes

They can only afford 2. That's why this is important.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

punchymcpunch posted:

if ed balls had known he woulda left him there

what heresy is this, denying the omniscience of the once and future chancellor of shadows

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
the cool thing about the next two decades if the democrats ever get their poo poo together is we'll be looking at a fundamental shift in how healthcare is insured and paid for every four to eight years which means almost no one will be able to afford it thanks to actuarial uncertainty and skyrocketing premiums

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

this is a metaphor. or a simile. i always get those mixed up.

http://i.imgur.com/aq86MwW.gifv

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Sexual Lorax posted:

if the bill gets 3 Repubs voting against it then it's dead, the result would be 49-51--Pence can't break that

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Is this the president?

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

they gonna vote anyway, at least 50 of them

then pence comes in with the tie breaker

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
lmao Trump is on autopilot
https://twitter.com/abbydphillip/status/877913861306765313

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

ArmZ posted:

this is a metaphor. or a simile. i always get those mixed up.

http://i.imgur.com/aq86MwW.gifv

:3:

a c t u a l l y i t s a n m p 4
:goonsay:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

no !! no !!

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

ScrubLeague posted:

the cool thing about the next two decades if the democrats ever get their poo poo together is we'll be looking at a fundamental shift in how healthcare is insured and paid for every four to eight years which means almost no one will be able to afford it thanks to actuarial uncertainty and skyrocketing premiums

i mean that's really how we get to anything resembling modern society, but it's going to have to get a lot worse before it gets even a little better. everyone's going to have to pay a lot more a chunk at a time until no one can't afford it and insurance becomes incredibly bad business.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I love nazi p!

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

pathetic little tramp posted:

John Lewis starting an important process at least, we have to fix the voter suppression laws in this country or we're never going to win elections again.

https://twitter.com/NBCBLK/status/877904109390770176

"oh finally gettin your head out of your rear end when you realized your rigged system isnt working for you huh libcuck. We have to stop him, MAGA" :smugbert:

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

When are they expected to vote on the healthcare bill? In the next day or so?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

pathetic little tramp posted:

So based on some really poorly put together thoughts and "things I'm pretty sure I know", under this law there is no way a subsidised healthcare plan can cover abortion, full stop.

However, in California and New York, it's a requirement that all health plans cover abortion.

So looks like we's gonna have us a states rights throwdown!

It's easy to resolve that:
If it's passed by Conservatives, US law trumps States' rights
If it's passed by Liberals, States' Rights trump US law

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

moar like cryin CUCK amirite

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

:confused:

you thought there was someone behind the wheel at some point? :sad:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Deadulus posted:

When are they expected to vote on the healthcare bill? In the next day or so?

late next week

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

Is this the president?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbdsDPpd-Ew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMEFcYij2uY&t=53s

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Eric and Donnie Jr. : I'm a republican, i love it

*shoots elephants and cuts their tails*

love it

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

*is the part of the piss tape where Russian prostitutes piss on Obama's bed and trump gives two thumbs up*

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

ScrubLeague posted:

To think I clawed my way out of poverty just to die of a treatable disease lying in a gutter somewhere anyway. Exciting times.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Bip Roberts posted:

I love nazi postmortems!

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

They can only afford 2. That's why this is important.

look like ten posts up at mccain grunting a big ol mccain onto the floor in front of everyone

all these assholes are going to be so concerned in front of cameras and theyre going to frown and make grownup sounds with their mouths and then theyre going to vote for mass graves and bulk lye along with the rest of the death cult to wring another few hundred dollars out of every corpse they can create

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

beautiful fatman posted:

just lol if you're not getting ready to make big bucks in the exciting new field of financing production of "help me I'm sick" youtube videos in exchange for a cut of that sweet crowdfunding money.

Saul Goodman here to inform you that YOUR. CANCER. IS. CASH!

Turn that sickness into money! Let me film a pleading youtube video for you, we'll throw in:

1) The misery of your daily life!
2) The shocking frequency you have to get chemo!
3) Friends, real or fake, who are heartbroken about losing you!

And we'll turn it into the NEXT! BIG! VIRAL! E-BEGGING VIDEO!

All for the low low price of $399! Hey, it's cheaper than chemo, right?!

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

i am definitely getting sick

do i want ma po tofu or singapore chow mei fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

:confused:

you thought there was someone behind the wheel at some point? :sad:

nah it's just always funny getting the bog standard Trump answer. You know he heard the question and his brain churned into work: "healthcare..deal...some no like...bad, renegotiate, very good, the best"

• Locked thread