Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yergacheffe
Jan 22, 2007
Whaler on the moon.

Counterpoint: Like any other freshly released super hard content in PAD, these things are luxuries and if you have the team to legitimately beat them then you don't actually need them. 7x6 leads won't matter if you're pubbing because the stars need to align for everyone to have a 7x6 lead for it to work, and it doesn't matter if randos have OP leads like Yog because 90% of pubbers are hot trash anyways (yes even in JP!)

So go ahead and gravity cheese it up! Yeah you need to be carried, but 90% of these randos have 0 chance of killing the Cthulhu fuckers anyways without you. The other 10% are in their own private rooms. Just try to contribute as much as you can (eg setup boards for the player after you, clear out hazard orbs if you can, etc)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

You won't have a choice if they use random matchmaking!

One downside to NA having 3p lobbies right away, most of the whales and good players won't even bother with random matchmaking at least if they are seriously trying to clear.

The gravity team is still a great choice. Outside of F6, the dungeon is pretty easy. Only a few hard/annoying encounters and Azathoth is only a 10% spawn so it's not like the other two guys are getting jack poo poo the whole time.

I'd definitely recommend using a gravity team until you get at least one Azathoth, although with lobbies it's actually possible to get him legit without beating your head against the wall for hours or stoning like crazy.

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
Thanks for the thoughts everyone. Whisk I think you misunderstood my intentions. I was wondering what the grodin team was and how to beat the final floor, I wasn't asking for a carry. I wouldn't say no to one though!

Mainly I went into the dungeon last night with my radra team without looking up the dungeon ahead of time and got paired up with a kush that had a bunch of hakus and an anubis.

Interesting thing was that they both died during the dungeon and I made it to the boss myself - a blue guy that had a jillion hp. After doing my "wombo" and seeing how little damage it did I just left the dungeon.

Seems rather pointlessly difficult right now.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

My point is if you random queue you will 100% NOT get ANYWHERE NEAR the boss with pubs. If you look for a group to carry you they're not gonna take a Grodin cheese setup at this point in the release cycle. Again, teams like dath and radra are already sorta carryish,that's how hard of a dungeon this is.

If you want cheese bring a 100% resist team and solo it, cross your fingers that you get a first floor that you can stall on and hope you don't get nyarlathotep. Or you have the right gravs to nuke him down to anger range while puppeteering him.

My point being that the dungeon is way too recent to consider carry builds for it.

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

I honestly can't imagine that NA pubs are bad enough to not get to F6 at least like 20% of the time! Like yerga said JP pubs are pretty awful too.

edit: Also consider a different scenario. Two players who are decent, but not good enough to kill Nyar and Cthulhu consistently and definitely not good enough to kill Azathoth. Bring a gravity guy and you can at least kill Nyar and Cthulhu 100%. That's not a bad trade!

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Vasler posted:

Thanks for the thoughts everyone. Whisk I think you misunderstood my intentions. I was wondering what the grodin team was and how to beat the final floor, I wasn't asking for a carry. I wouldn't say no to one though!

Mainly I went into the dungeon last night with my radra team without looking up the dungeon ahead of time and got paired up with a kush that had a bunch of hakus and an anubis.

Interesting thing was that they both died during the dungeon and I made it to the boss myself - a blue guy that had a jillion hp. After doing my "wombo" and seeing how little damage it did I just left the dungeon.

Seems rather pointlessly difficult right now.

Yeah that's was cthulhu, he's the mid range difficulty boss. Nyarlathotep is the easiest (he can be one shot legit) and azathoth is the hardest.

The thing about Grodin cheese is that by necessity they're carry teams cause a bunch of floors have multihit/kill range attacks that Grodin can't solo through, not even double Grodin, so you're still relying on the other two team members to carry you at least to the boss.

Its not...I wouldn't say its pointlessly difficult. Its hard, but its fun and rewarding, it just sucks that you need a team that can both tank a ton of damage and output a ludicrous amount of damage simultaneously,which is only covered by literally kush and kenshin teams right now. Anubis is overall one of the best leads to run for elder gods and he just straight up dies if you get dios,or Goemon, or dq Hera if you don't have two Diaochans. Et cetera. The most frustrating part of the dungeon is how utterly random it is in whether or not it fucks you with killer preempts,everything else- even the bosses- is pretty fair.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
lick the whisk is completely wrong as usual, the dungeon is pretty easy aside from the boss and people should be glad to have a boss killer on board, since it boosts your success rate by a ton and the other two teams can just spam their actives and easily one shot every floor before the boss

also it's not completely random matchmaking, it'll try to match you with people at similar ranks. though NA has a pretty tiny population so i dunno if that actually makes a difference. it seems to make a big difference in jp since I'm rank 800 and my random matchmaking games are more often than not with very good players.

yergacheffe
Jan 22, 2007
Whaler on the moon.

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

My point is if you random queue you will 100% NOT get ANYWHERE NEAR the boss with pubs. If you look for a group to carry you they're not gonna take a Grodin cheese setup at this point in the release cycle. Again, teams like dath and radra are already sorta carryish,that's how hard of a dungeon this is.

Most of the pubbers I saw in JP on 3p release were rocking the same leaders available in NA: Radra/Dath/Anubis. Almost none had the ~*ideal*~ setup and still some could manage to limp their way to the boss.

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

If you want cheese bring a 100% resist team and solo it, cross your fingers that you get a first floor that you can stall on and hope you don't get nyarlathotep. Or you have the right gravs to nuke him down to anger range while puppeteering him.

If the concern is that you're hosing pubbers by not contributing to F1-F5, even though you can still clear hazards and setup boards for the next player, then you're definitely going to hose them if you try to solo because it's impossible to start a 3p room solo. You'd have to join one then immediately drop!

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I don't give a poo poo about hosing pubbers, if you pub you deserve what you get ,I'm just saying if you bring a Grodin cheese team into a pub more likely than not you're gonna waste 66-99 stamina as the other two team members won't even have teams that'll clear floors 1-6. And if you don't I dunno what sort of private room you'll enter that'll take a 100% grav comp at this point especially considering Nyarla and cthulhu aren't really that hard.

I had an Anubis/Anubis comp that had a kush gently caress up modulation on sopdet floor one and died and we still killed Nyarla with turns to spare on Indra active. And this was a floor one kush death. The more important thing is to bring a decent team,because Nyarla and cthulhu aren't that difficult to kill and azathoth, the drop everyone actually wants, really needs coordinated play and everyone contributing for a clear, and Grodin cheese is completely useless. So unless you're a huge,huge dickhead and dc immediately once the dark boss shows up you'll be actively harmful to the drop everyone runs the dungeon for anyways.

Finagle
Feb 18, 2007

Looks like we have a neighsayer
Man, I am sure that RMinerva is not super powerful or anything but its really satisfying being able to clear a bunch of descendeds that I never could before... RMinerva with a friend Ilm or RLeilan is just so much better than I was able to do back when I quit last.

One thing though: My RMinerva team doesn't have a way to make L orbs. I'm currently running

RMinerva/Gigas/Homura/Urd/Hino

Box here. Do I have anything I should swap out?

Edit: now with correct link!

Finagle fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Jun 22, 2017

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

People are going into the cosmic horror team with such hilariously bad teams. Just had a game with a revo Persephone and Bastet

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Finagle posted:

Man, I am sure that RMinerva is not super powerful or anything but its really satisfying being able to clear a bunch of descendeds that I never could before... RMinerva with a friend Ilm or RLeilan is just so much better than I was able to do back when I quit last.

One thing though: My RMinerva team doesn't have a way to make L orbs. I'm currently running

I'm not sure your padherder is up to date. There's no Minerva listed there.

Finagle
Feb 18, 2007

Looks like we have a neighsayer
Whoops. Fixed that, I didn't pay attention when I grabbed the link and used one from an old account.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Finagle posted:

RMinerva is good through most content up to A2, A3 with a bit of effort or the cheese team, so about 95% of content (anything prior to radar dragons pretty much, and some of the stuff after). Her main weakness is mediocre damage which you can patch over by using L/R Ilm friend leads for the higher multiplier.

There's a bunch of dudes that generate L/R orbs, including Tsubaki, Gadius, Saria, Ilm, Leilan, and a bunch of collab stuff that I can't name off the top of my head. You don't appear to have any of them in your box, though.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Finagle posted:

Edit: now with correct link!

Don't forget your light/sub red monster can benefit from RMinerva and you can inherit stuff too.

More thoughts: I'd probably bring Antares over Urd since it's a pseudo-board changer that will get rid of pesky poison and jammers without hitting light. I'd be tempted to make R/G so you can run Minerva in All Att Required dungeons with Hino or Shiva for Dark and Urd or Nim for blue. If that's Cao Cao and not cao cao, you could evo him to R/G for that coverage instead.

Attackarsu is a good sub for utility and you can stick Wukong on her if you want to make some more light orbs. He makes hearts to so you can use her bind-clear awakening if you get in a bind.

Make an Awoken Ra for a L/R button you can slot in as needed.

GoodBee fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jun 22, 2017

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
The biggest problem with having an alt is that it seems to always roll the cards you want on your main.

399853557 if any of my fellow JP goons want to friend a DAthena with the bride Persephone and her attribute absorb inherited.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I literally had no idea these were those Cthulu dungeons and I've reached the end boss with dogshit like Sonia and seasonal leads. I suspect these people were in the same boat as me and had no idea what the final boss was before queue'ing. The two below it were cake!

I wish I had all the gravities skilled up, I'd happily go and do that. Working on other things though at the moment.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Rascyc posted:

I literally had no idea these were those Cthulu dungeons and I've reached the end boss with dogshit like Sonia and seasonal leads. I suspect these people were in the same boat as me and had no idea what the final boss was before queue'ing. The two below it were cake!

I wish I had all the gravities skilled up, I'd happily go and do that. Working on other things though at the moment.

Its so much fun randomly queing it and seeing two dudes running dumb bullshit and thanks for the wasted stamina!!!!!!

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

What is the buzz for Ult Bride Eschamali? She an endgame tier leader or no?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Paul Zuvella posted:

What is the buzz for Ult Bride Eschamali? She an endgame tier leader or no?

She's cute.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

trucutru posted:

She's cute.

So, yes.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

But she was already rolled-for last year. So gungho won't make her too cute.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Will we get the bride REM in the US?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Will we get the bride REM in the US?

yes

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
You run pub queue eldritch to be entertained, not to make effort-stamina attempts at farming cosmic horrors

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

That's what she said.

Terrible attempt at humor aside, I still haven't tried three player yet, gotten too used to the security of doing MP with my alt. Didn't realize the eldritch horrors were here already.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

get another alt and do 3p dungeons by yourself :v:

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
I have a max skilled Venus. Is there any reason to Awaken/Revo her or would she be more useful as an inheret?

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

I have a max skilled Venus. Is there any reason to Awaken/Revo her or would she be more useful as an inheret?

Flamingos

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Paul Zuvella posted:

Its so much fun randomly queing it and seeing two dudes running dumb bullshit and thanks for the wasted stamina!!!!!!
I can't imagine pubbing it personally. My Dante team was probably the best chance at killing it (and I don't think it's a good chance after looking at pad guide) on the pub runs I tried and I had to do awkward things to save my pubs from themselves on both rubs. I'm only rank 500 which isn't terribly high in this game I think.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
Does anyone have an Arena 3 damage chart for RKush? I don't have a friend with Fujin inherit and I'm having a hard time clearing the radar dragons.

E: I'm using 3 Haku and either Allura or BValk.

cirus fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jun 23, 2017

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

cirus posted:

Does anyone have an Arena 3 damage chart for RKush? I don't have a friend with Fujin inherit and I'm having a hard time clearing the radar dragons.

E: I'm using 3 Haku and either Allura or BValk.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

3 person arena seems like it would take a long time.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Thanks!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
It's me, I'm the guy who's going to spend like 1600 loving stamina on a single stone over the next nine days.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

DACK FAYDEN posted:

It's me, I'm the guy who's going to spend like 1600 loving stamina on a single stone over the next nine days.

:same:

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
should one even bother with the current rem machine? Or keep hoarding until something I want/need is up?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

just hold on to your stones for now imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Man gently caress that, it's time to farm Zeus Dios skill ups, hell yeah