Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

The Golden Man posted:

(Opens my big Christmas present) oh wow you got me a… strome

Oh a knock off dman from londonderry mall named Dhickey?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
I, for one, am shocked that the Edmonton Oilers tanked the value of a skilled forward by poo poo talking him mercilessly before trading him, failing to get a good return.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Jeff, do something. Jeff pls.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
garth my boy you've done it again

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/status/877926772024766466

TRADES.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Way to go Garth!

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

:lol:

Please add a "the trade is one for one"

Yaya posted:

I, for one, am shocked that the Edmonton Oilers tanked the value of a skilled forward by poo poo talking him mercilessly before trading him, failing to get a good return.

it's my new favourite annual tradition!

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Like drouin for sergachev

Except not

What the gently caress chiarelli

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Somebody needs to teach the Oilers that you don't sell low and buy high.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

The Golden Man posted:

ha ha

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Jesus Christ chiarelli is a retard.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Terrific stuff and I hope Eberle and Tavares put in one million goals together.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Hall for larsson

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Oilers fans better hope they win a cup in the next two years because Chiarelli is absolutely dumb enough to trade Draisaitl

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
i hope strome gets it together in edmonton. he's still got a ton of skill but seemed to be lacking severely in confidence the last couple years. a lot of that was probably capuano.

but yeah this is definitely a Good Trade for the isles

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

The Golden Man posted:

The Oilers are bad at trades, baby.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Taylor Hall, Jordan Eberle and Nail Yakupov returned Adam Larsson, Ryan Strome and a 3rd round pick.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Not that anyone cares about this trade anymore but

https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/status/877927255082766337

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Ahahahaahahahaha good god Edmonton is HORRIBLE AT TRADING

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

This was leaked to media last week with the explicit caveat that reporters start saying "hearing rumours that Oil fans need to prepare to be disappointed by the return for Eberle"

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Yaya posted:

Oilers fans better hope they win a cup in the next two years because Chiarelli is absolutely dumb enough to trade Draisaitl

Latest rumour making the rounds is that they're trying to sign him and McDavid to 8 year deals for more than $20M combined.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

The Golden Man posted:

This was leaked to media last week with the explicit caveat that reporters start saying "hearing rumours that Oil fans need to prepare to be disappointed by the return for Eberle"

Does this change their back, baby status or what

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

All of that being said I am very excited to not have to watch Eberle play his brand of hockey any longer

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Peter Chiarelli, runner-up to GM of the Year

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

stab posted:

Does this change their back, baby status or what

Of course not

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
imagine how loving good the oilers would be if they just didnt trade away petry and gilbert for ????

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

GM Of The Year Nominee Peter Chiarelli.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

Matt Zerella posted:

https://twitter.com/NYP_Brooksie/status/877895324785922048

I guess they think Boo Nieves is ready to slide into the 4th line C position? Otherwise this seems pretty dumb. Hrivik would be perfect on the 4th line.

I assume Hrivik wants to go to a team with less forward depth where he's more likely to secure a full-time NHL role. He got a good look in the NHL, but Grabner, Pirri, and later Puempel were all pretty big surprises.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Hand Knit posted:

Not that anyone cares about this trade anymore but

https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/status/877927255082766337

So Vegas took TVR from the Hawks basically to get a 2nd round pick? is anything happening with Kruger now that hossa got poloniumed?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I'm very excited for this newly created cap room going to Kris Russell and a long term deal.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/FakeOilersGM/status/877928738997927936

Hall
Omark
Paajarvi
Eberle

:rip:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

ThinkTank posted:

Latest rumour making the rounds is that they're trying to sign him and McDavid to 8 year deals for more than $20M combined.

Seems like an overpay. Draisatl is good but he should top out in the 6-8 range and while they can give McDavid north of $14m that seems a bit crazy to me.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I don't know why people think Eberle is going to become a better player now that he's with Tavares. He's still good though and only getting Strome in return seems bad.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Kilza posted:

Death by a thousand paper cuts, or in this instance gaping scimitar wounds to the chest and neck.

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I don't know why people think Eberle is going to become a better player now that he's with Tavares. He's still good though and only getting Strome in return seems bad.

He's not trending in the right direction but he's also a streaky petulant goober so expect him to start Nuking Folks in Brooklyn now that he Has Motivation

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Kilza posted:

Gonna use all this cap-space to sign Oshie to a seven year deal. Oshie will promptly fall apart like every other tiny power forward.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Seems like an overpay. Draisatl is good but he should top out in the 6-8 range and while they can give McDavid north of $14m that seems a bit crazy to me.

In my opinion Draisaitl is gonna get, at most, like 7.5, which is what Tarasenko got. McDavid is good and obviously you give him whatever he wants, but yeah, 12-14M seems nuts even for a player of his caliber.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
I kinda get what Edmonton is going for - trading a 27-year-old for a 23-year-old and projecting some prime years for the younger guy. Seems like a talent mismatch at first, but Strome is pretty good and was probably just held back by lugging rocks for Fred Flintstone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Jamwad Hilder posted:

it's more about it making tavares better by having another threat on the ice with him that needs to be covered so he doesn't have to weave through 9 guys on his own

• Locked thread