Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Cool Buff Man posted:

Wasn't it Iggy who laughed and told Evan Turner to take Portland's offer immediately after Meatwad rang him up

yeah and it was just solidified how iggy is the nba's premiere machiavellian genius by being instrumental in hamstringing three of the warriors' stronger western conference rivals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

could portland also dump nurkic for cap relief now that he's good

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
lmao at Portland being a rival

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Shear Modulus posted:

yeah and it was just solidified how iggy is the nba's premiere machiavellian genius by being instrumental in hamstringing three of the warriors' [b]stronger western conference rivals[/b[

loving LOL

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/877935932812312576
https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/877936701934452736

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

tanglewood1420 posted:

Portland currently have $140.5m salary on the books for 2017-18. That is $21.5m over the luxury tax and puts them in the highest category of taxpayer $3.75 for every $1 over. So they are currently due to pay TWO HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS* for exactly the same squad that went 41-41 last season and got swept in the first round.

Is anyone going to bite on Allen Crabbe ($74.8m, 4 years) or Evan Turner ($70m, 4 years) packaged with the 20th or 26th pick? Are they even going to have to throw in the 15th pick to move some salary?

*$199.94m to be precise

Ezeli is only guaranteed $1m so that get's them down to $135m.

Portland isn't going to give up 2 first round picks, let alone 3 to do a salary dump. If Olshey doesn't make something big happen then you're going to see Meyers Leonard salary dumped with a 2nd round pick at the trade deadline. That will get Portland down to like $125m plus the salary for their first round picks.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

I also remember Stephen A Smith screaming about Phil Jackson being a moron because he drafted Porzingis and passed on "AT LEAST FOUR DUDES WHO ARE NBA READY NOW" including Willie Cauley Stein, Justise Winslow and Stanley (Roberts??) out of Arizona (I think he meant Johnson?) so y'know whatever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgFr1HQLc04

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

please trade Okafor too

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Paul Zuvella posted:

People were doing the same thing with Mozgov and Deng. People were really, really stupid last off season.

:cry: 16 million is the going rate for center in today's NBA!!! :cry:

My argument for Deng and Movgov is it forced LA to develop players and get good picks and having guys who can be benched without complaint or drama. I think it was a fine move for a 4-year plan and probably what Mitch wanted to do.

This makes a lot more sense.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

portland was kind of a rival a couple years ago

i mostly credit iggy for stealing denver's matchup strategies and his christian siren songing of kevin durant

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Shear Modulus posted:

could portland also dump nurkic for cap relief now that he's good

He's making like 3 million next year. It's one of the few great contracts they have.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Think you'd need to use a first to dump Leonard

That's 30 million of dead money

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Ok I can't stop laughing

https://twitter.com/StevePopper/status/877935539500060672

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/IanBegley/status/877935629065232384

Wow you mean the Timberwolves might be willing to pass on the opportunity to draft Lauri Markkanen to get Jimmy Butler? Don't rush into anything Thibs

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

nooo dont trade aldridge and poison the well for future free agents spurs. just wait a year next season is a lost season anyway with parker getting $15M to go to PT full time

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Shear Modulus posted:

nooo dont trade aldridge and poison the well for future free agents spurs. just wait a year next season is a lost season anyway with parker getting $15M to go to PT full time

There are reports of LMA wanting out and that being the impetus

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Kris Dunn for LMA. That's like a top-10 pick last year.

Oh, congrats Suns Fans, maybe (maybe according to Porzingis's Brother)

https://twitter.com/TheMontyShow/status/877895847354146820

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Paul Zuvella posted:

People were doing the same thing with Mozgov and Deng. People were really, really stupid last off season.

An underrated terrible deal is Ian Mahinmi's with Washington

He's already over 30 and they've got him at 16m per for 3 more years. And he's basically had one season where he amounted to more than a garbage time player his whole career.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

What the gently caress is Danny Ainge doing lmao

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Hahahahahahahahahaha

https://twitter.com/SportBlogNYC/status/510551801612226560

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Lockback posted:

I feel like every year some yokel radio host with 5000 followers blows up Twitter but who knows

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Paul Zuvella posted:

What the gently caress is Danny Ainge doing lmao

Probably nothing whatsoever, and he will take Tatum in the draft

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

He's making like 3 million next year. It's one of the few great contracts they have.

well yeah, he's the sweetener to make someone take a bad contract

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
First the Suns steal Nash from the Mavs, and now they steal Dirk2.0.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Knicks getting Jackson , maybe smith jr and Chriss and bender is not bad in a vacuum

Too bad about kristapd

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Lockback posted:

This same Scottsdale radio dude is now saying: Bledsoe + Chriss + #4

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Realistically let's wait for someone not from "The Monty Show" in Mesa Arizona to confirm it

Especially since that tweet is 3 hours old

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/StevePopper/status/877935539500060672

The Knicks

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Boosh! posted:

This same Scottsdale radio dude is now saying: Bledsoe + Chriss + #4

Not a bad haul for staps .

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
I got stabbed outside of a Denny's in Mesa. Don't loving trust anyone from Mesa.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

no its meditation

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Cool Buff Man posted:

Realistically let's wait for someone not from "The Monty Show" in Mesa Arizona to confirm it

Especially since that tweet is 3 hours old

If unconfirmed reports from people who may or may not be family members of players isn't good enough for you, then I don't know what to tell you.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Bwahahahahaha

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Cool Buff Man posted:

I got stabbed outside of a Denny's in Mesa. Don't loving trust anyone from Mesa.

No that's just Dennys protocol after 8

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

what in the gently caress

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Paul Zuvella posted:

Was that the doing of Magic or pre-Magic?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Lockback posted:

If unconfirmed reports from people who may or may not be family members of players isn't good enough for you, then I don't know what to tell you.

Well when you put it that way, Staps to Suns

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Fast Luck posted:

An underrated terrible deal is Ian Mahinmi's with Washington

He's already over 30 and they've got him at 16m per for 3 more years. And he's basically had one season where he amounted to more than a garbage time player his whole career.

I'm so glad that the Wizards jumped on that grenade so the Pacers didn't have to.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Metapod posted:

No that's just Dennys protocol after 8

It was 4:30 pm. It was ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.