Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Did the file esp format change between Oldrim and SSE?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Ynglaur posted:

Did the file esp format change between Oldrim and SSE?

I don't think so, there's several Oldrim mods that just say "patch the esp on oldrim them move it to your SE folder"

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Thanks. I may experiment with creating skyproc patcher using only SSE...

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I can tell you this about War Zones for SE, I started a new character last night after enabled the mod and on my first trek out West of Whiterun I promptly walked into a battle between a troll with two mammoths, and a couple of hagravens who were accompanied by maybe a dozen forsworn. I was a ways off, so just stood and watched.

Later on there was something similar going on between some bandits and a troll. I haven't started the Civil War questline yet but what I've seen of the mod so far is pretty cool.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

So this is weird, all of a sudden my Mod Organizer folders are set to read only, so the autosave manager doesn't work to save the game any more. Every time I remove the read only flag, it's reapplied when I close properties. I've tried working backwards but I can't see as I've changed anything that would be modifying folders this way. It's not a program files issue, as the MO and Steam folders are in the root of C:. Only thing close to this I've changed is adding an installation of 2.0.8.3b for SSE, but that's in it's own folder and I'm still using MO1 for Oldrim.

Edit: Apparently square box in read only means files contained within are write protected, not the folder? So something else must be interfering with the save manager.

Further edit: Okay so removing the read only box from the save folder but leaving properties open so it doesn't reset lets the mod work again, very strange. This was all working fine the other day.

Davoren fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jun 21, 2017

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Agents are GO! posted:

Copy the improved ASIS INIs over the ones that come with the patcher, then run the patcher.

It probably said that on the Nexus page didn't it :v:

I just ended installing the SE and now I'm playing that instead. Still with like 100 mods though

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

Been ages since I played Skyrim and will have some free time coming up and want to give it ago.

SSE is out now but I see that SKSE still isn't updated for the 64-bit app. Curious to know if there's any sort of time frame or if there's MODDING DRAMA or whatever. A lot of my normal Skyrim enjoyment came from SKSE dependant mods.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

doctor 7 posted:

Been ages since I played Skyrim and will have some free time coming up and want to give it ago.

SSE is out now but I see that SKSE still isn't updated for the 64-bit app. Curious to know if there's any sort of time frame or if there's MODDING DRAMA or whatever. A lot of my normal Skyrim enjoyment came from SKSE dependant mods.

The original plan was like early 2017 but welp

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

doctor 7 posted:

The team updating SKSE for Special Edition (which is, for various technical reasons, not a simple prospect at all) are apparently busy with their actual lives and jobs and such, so it's taking them longer than estimated, and they have apparently declined to bring other people into the project or hand it off elsewhere (though a lot of that is just speculation).

How DRAMATIC this all is is left as an exercise for the reader.

Mr. Owl
Jan 24, 2008
Warzones is great for SE. It will deal with huge battles and not flinch, but it ran badly on Oldrim. I recommend it, but if you're the type that has to loot everything in sight good luck.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Mr. Owl posted:

I recommend it, but if you're the type that has to loot everything in sight good luck.

Oh. Er...never mind then.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I was kind of thinking I was the only one that did that. I'm actually embarrassed to admit that probably 40% of my time in the game is looting and selling poo poo. I don't seem to be able to stop it.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

MrMojok posted:

I was kind of thinking I was the only one that did that. I'm actually embarrassed to admit that probably 40% of my time in the game is looting and selling poo poo. I don't seem to be able to stop it.

The weight limit is the #1 worst thing in the game. It's too effective as a gameplay mechanic :mad:

Mr. Owl
Jan 24, 2008

docbeard posted:

Oh. Er...never mind then.

You could always use Aurora standing stones and pick up The Steed, at will power to open a storage inventory where ever you are...

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Arivia posted:

The weight limit is the #1 worst thing in the game. It's too effective as a gameplay mechanic :mad:

This is why Oldrim SPERG is the best. Level speech, get an animal buddy and have them sell your horded junk

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I don't know if this is just Skyrim being Skyrim or some mod, but does anyone know what causes the issue where you get a quest to go kill a bandit chief, and the quest marker is just pointing to empty space with no chief in sight?

I've had this happen on the first Companions radiant quest, and now one from the Whiterun Jarl. I know I can just console setstage to get past it, but it'd be nice to fix it if it's a known mod problem.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Arivia posted:

If it's not something you need for potions or breaking down for crafting, don't pick anything up with less than a 10:1 ratio of value to weight

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

But with mods, everything can be broken down for crafting! Even buckets and spoons! I can't let go of anything!

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Azhais posted:

I don't know if this is just Skyrim being Skyrim or some mod, but does anyone know what causes the issue where you get a quest to go kill a bandit chief, and the quest marker is just pointing to empty space with no chief in sight?

I've had this happen on the first Companions radiant quest, and now one from the Whiterun Jarl. I know I can just console setstage to get past it, but it'd be nice to fix it if it's a known mod problem.

Have you tried waiting a day?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

sebmojo posted:

Have you tried waiting a day?

Yeah. Even waiting for the place to respawn doesn't help, the quest mob just never shows up

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Davoren posted:

So this is weird, all of a sudden my Mod Organizer folders are set to read only, so the autosave manager doesn't work to save the game any more. Every time I remove the read only flag, it's reapplied when I close properties. I've tried working backwards but I can't see as I've changed anything that would be modifying folders this way. It's not a program files issue, as the MO and Steam folders are in the root of C:. Only thing close to this I've changed is adding an installation of 2.0.8.3b for SSE, but that's in it's own folder and I'm still using MO1 for Oldrim.

Edit: Apparently square box in read only means files contained within are write protected, not the folder? So something else must be interfering with the save manager.

Further edit: Okay so removing the read only box from the save folder but leaving properties open so it doesn't reset lets the mod work again, very strange. This was all working fine the other day.

Welcome to Windows 10.

Wait til it tells you that your log-in does not have admin privileges, despite being the only log-in, then you give yourself the admin flag and it still doesn't work, then you enable the hidden admin account and it still doesn't fuckin' work.

Eat a dick, Microsoft.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

I think I figured it out, the folder was writeable after all, it was hotkeys and settings and such that was keeping the saves from being created.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Mr. Owl posted:

Warzones is great for SE. It will deal with huge battles and not flinch, but it ran badly on Oldrim. I recommend it, but if you're the type that has to loot everything in sight good luck.

There are other kind of TES players?

RickVoid posted:

Welcome to Windows 10.

Wait til it tells you that your log-in does not have admin privileges, despite being the only log-in, then you give yourself the admin flag and it still doesn't work, then you enable the hidden admin account and it still doesn't fuckin' work.

Eat a dick, Microsoft.

Ahaha, an agony I know all too well.

e; I take it there's no equivalent to the Uncapper for SE given no SKSE?

Ms Adequate fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jun 22, 2017

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Mister Adequate posted:

There are other kind of TES players?

Ahaha, an agony I know all too well.

Ask me about having to manually go in and delete hundreds of empty folders before it would let me delete their master folder

:shepicide:

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Steam Sale... Aaand SE still is incredibly expensive for a "remake".

I guess I'll keep waiting for SKSE before upgrading.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

gmq posted:

Steam Sale... Aaand SE still is incredibly expensive for a "remake".

I guess I'll keep waiting for SKSE before upgrading.

I take it you didn't have all the DLC before? I just got SE "for free" because I had all of the expansions to oldrim

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Yeah LOL if you didn't buy Legendar for like $10 on the steam sale before SE was released.

Edit: Even greater LOL if all you were missing was the incredibly cheap Hearthfires.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Does anyone know if or how much it'll gently caress up the game if I use the racemenu to change my character's name? I accidentally named her the same as a main plot character.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Arivia posted:

Does anyone know if or how much it'll gently caress up the game if I use the racemenu to change my character's name? I accidentally named her the same as a main plot character.

I've done that multiple times and it's never been a issue.

You may see your old name sometimes around the world because either by wandering in somewhere or starting quests you triggered stuff like notes that reference you by name to be spawned and they do not update.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't know where to ask, but I just installed Morrowind, since I haven't played it before, and installed that big graphics overhaul dealie. Are there any other quality of life mods I should install?

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

whiteyfats posted:

I don't know where to ask,

Try checking like the fourth sentence of the OP maybe?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GunnerJ posted:

God drat it. :saddowns:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

GunnerJ posted:

Silly GunnerJ, nobody reads OPs. :rolleyes:

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Someone's ancestors are frowning!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Aren't you kind of the ancestors in here, Agents and Gunner?

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

lol if you think I actually read the OP.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
Last page -> Post

Any other process goes against the very spirit of the something awful forums.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
I totally read the OP when I installed Skyrim a few months ago, everything worked perfectly and consequently you lot were spared a bunch of questions. :) So here is a belated thanks for a quality OP.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

My heart just grew three sizes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

I literally only read the thread to see the mods other people found, so I don't have to wade through :nexus:.