Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Nobnob posted:

Aren't they in New Mexico or something? Just buy a gun in some wallmart and end it properly. Or ask Mike to get a gun that apparently looks like a hernia.

Jesus, Charles isn't even good at dying.

that's not usually how suicide works

I don't think killing himself even occurred to Chuck until that scene

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerox
May 20, 2001

Peanut Butler posted:

that's not usually how suicide works

I don't think killing himself even occurred to Chuck until that scene

If only there were some sort of phone number or "hotline" as I like to call it for people feeling like killing themselves.... Of course, we would need some way to get that information out there.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

He unplugged his phone tho

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
You used to be able to rent episodes of Monty Python at Blockbuster. They had a TV section. That's how I watched The Prisoner.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
So do you think a company owned the set pieces already or did they just buy an old blockbuster for the show

I want more scenes from the neck up so when they walk out from the aisles they could be wearing pajamas and tighty whities or something

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

RedSpider posted:

This is what you call false equivalency with a flavor of willful ignorance, folks.

Shut the gently caress up you corny unfunny dumbass

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

https://twitter.com/dasharez0ne/status/735829356941971457

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
After this season, I'm ok if it gets renewed, but it's also cool and good if it doesn't.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Imagine if we don't get to ever see Saul on Better Call Saul.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

moist turtleneck posted:

So do you think a company owned the set pieces already or did they just buy an old blockbuster for the show

I want more scenes from the neck up so when they walk out from the aisles they could be wearing pajamas and tighty whities or something

They got permission from whoever owns the rights to Blockbuster and built everything from the ground up. That was apparently a lot easier than getting the rights to show various movie covers.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Cojawfee posted:

They got permission from whoever owns the rights to Blockbuster and built everything from the ground up. That was apparently a lot easier than getting the rights to show various movie covers.

Apparently it cost them $4.99 to secure the rights to use Blockbuster for this scene.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Wasn't it just a wall in the background, and some racks with movie covers sitting on them? How hard could that be to make?

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
All they would've had to do was drive down to Edinburg, Texas, where there is still an active Blockbuster.

http://www.chron.com/entertainment/article/One-of-the-country-s-last-remaining-Blockbuster-9242278.php

ALFbrot fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Jun 22, 2017

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

some guy on the bus posted:

Imagine if we don't get to ever see Saul on Better Call Saul.

we already did, though, he makes commercials

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Peanut Butler posted:

we already did, though, he makes commercials

The Real Saul is gonna be pissed when he finds out that Jimmy stole his commercials.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Meaning of Life is the only Monty Python worthy of 'classic' status.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Steve2911 posted:

Life of Brian is the only Monty Python worthy of 'classic' status.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Spellman posted:

Apparently it cost them $4.99 to secure the rights to use Blockbuster for this scene.

I hope they got them returned by the end of the weekend :ohdear:

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

Turtlicious posted:

I bought you a similar avatar but someone changed it to this lmao.

No you didn't. I was logged in when the admin gave me this. Why would you lie about this?

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
He changed the numbers from 1216 to 1-800-273-8255! It was 1216, one after the year the Magna Carta was signed!

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

now see this is high art

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Spellman posted:

Yeah, but if they don't rewind it when they give it back it's gonna be another $3.

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

You know what the Ukraine is? It's a sitting duck. A road apple, Newman. The Ukraine is weak. It's feeble. I think it's time to put the hurt on the Ukraine

moist turtleneck posted:

I'd honestly really like to know how they chose the DVDs that you see in the background. Like, who's ever thought about The Mothman Prophecies since that film came out?

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

They were likely all owned/distributed by Sony.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

mallratcal posted:

They were likely all owned/distributed by Sony.

In the podcast they said that while it didn't matter what movies they put in, they had to be careful with the covers. The movie cover might have someone's image on it, so they have to get the rights to show that person's likeness.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

cloudchamber posted:

I'd honestly really like to know how they chose the DVDs that you see in the background. Like, who's ever thought about The Mothman Prophecies since that film came out?

My wife. The film terrified her.

TheBalor
Jun 18, 2001

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

And me. I actually rate it as one of my favorite movies.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

TheBalor posted:

And me. I actually rate it as one of my favorite movies.

The book rules and covers way more stuff if you haven't read it

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.
Guys, Chuck was just really committed to protesting the Vietnam War...

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

In the podcast they said that while it didn't matter what movies they put in, they had to be careful with the covers. The movie cover might have someone's image on it, so they have to get the rights to show that person's likeness.

Genuine-no-sarcasm thanks for the podcast tidbit. Have the last few episodes' podcasts been any better about actually diving into how the episodes are constructed as opposed to learning about assistants, their education, and other self congratulatory stuff?

I really do love Vince and co. They seem like wonderful people, but I want to know more about the prodcution of the episodes!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

That part where Richard Gere rolls over in bed and his dead wife is there after not being in the movie for like an hour is pretty scary.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Last Chance posted:

Genuine-no-sarcasm thanks for the podcast tidbit. Have the last few episodes' podcasts been any better about actually diving into how the episodes are constructed as opposed to learning about assistants, their education, and other self congratulatory stuff?

I really do love Vince and co. They seem like wonderful people, but I want to know more about the prodcution of the episodes!

It's a crapshoot. I usually put it on while I'm taking a shower and other bathroom things. I'm not always paying attention because they might be talking about the best way to set up your headshots. Seems like a lot of the recent ones have a lot of filler but every once in a while you get some cool info about how the road the car crash was on was also a road used for a few scenes in Breaking Bad. Or they'll explain some equipment they used to shoot some scene. I might end up missing some cool info by zoning out, I still get at least something out of it.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

SeXReX posted:

Can we spend the off season arguing about which Monty python movie it was?

Doesn't matter. KIm is adorable no matter which MP she picked.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

It doesn't matter because all Monty Pythons are Bad

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
im glad jimmy is going to inherit 10 million or whatever

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

RedSpider posted:

It's just a television show, buddy. Calm down.

Aren't you the same person whining about the suicide hotline message taking them out of the show?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Jerusalem posted:

Gus: Walter, do you really want to cross me, my entire organization AND the deadly Mexican Cartel that backs me?
Walt (grinning and nodding slowly): Let's rock.
Crowd hoots and hollers for 10 minutes

Merging Bud and Jesse would be fairly easy. Not sure how you get Kelly in though. Merge with Walt Jr.?

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
I do hope for S4, they time-jump to the end of Jimmy's suspension and use flashbacks to cover what they need to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Last Chance posted:

This one was a lot better in terms of content than the last few.

• Locked thread