Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Demon Of The Fall posted:

I wonder what Marcus is gonna get when his rookie deal runs out. Do you pay him 125m like Carr?

I've been wondering the same about Jameis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/68INCOGNITO/status/877968298620575744

You tell "them", Richie.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Demon Of The Fall posted:

I wonder what Marcus is gonna get when his rookie deal runs out. Do you pay him 125m like Carr?

Probably yeah

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

also because he's a legit psychopath

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

That reminds me of this story about Jonathon Martin I recently came across.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/05/the-quiet-redemption-of-jonathan-martin

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

"They" stands for black people here, yeah?

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Watching Randy Moss' rookie season highlights, it really stands out how good Moss was at adjusting to the ball from the moment he hit the NFL. Also I don't know why that last TD grab against the Oilers doesn't show up in more highlights, just from how easy he made it look.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/greggrosenthal/status/877981839834599424

:raise:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Chiefs reacted to the news of Carr's contract by extending andy reid
oh god he won a power struggle we've seen this movie before

Nov 6, 2002

I wonder who decided to release Maclin.

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/877982072681504768

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

So does this mean he takes over for Ted Thompson?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Hmm firing our GM hours after signing Reid to a contract extension...

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Weird. He has the team in a little bit of cap hell but from all other indications he's done a hell of a job.

gently caress the Colts for (rightfully) firing Ryan Grigson and poaching Chris Ballard.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Our last GM Pioli was too bad at personnel evaluation but a wizard at cap management, Dorsey is a great talent evaluator but has had KC in cap hell for years, why can't we just split the job in between 2 dudes

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I don't know whether to be happy or sad that Frank Zombo no longer has a guaranteed roster spot.

The obvious speculation is that the way Dorsey handled the Maclin thing pissed Reid off a lot I guess?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Guy on reddit who called the firing this morning

quote:

alright so heres why:

Clark is really conservative with the cap and does not like being up against it at all. With Dorsey literally living on the edge when it comes to the salary cap, Clark was fed up. Just not his philosophy. He's a helluva talent evaluator but just wasnt a fit. We didnt even have enough money to sign our draft picks before we cut Mac. Not to mention all of the extensions we've had players sign are backloaded so its not getting better any time soon. I think Clark has been wanting to can him all offseason but wanted to take advantage of his drafting ability first.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Glad we got Ballard when we did!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
If that's the case you fire him before the Colts hire Ballard, unless he just thinks Dorsey's stink is on Ballard too.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Diva Cupcake posted:

So does this mean he takes over for Ted Thompson?

Wouldn't be too surprised tbh

Eliot Wolf is still probably next in line though

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Grittybeard posted:

gently caress the Colts for (rightfully) firing Ryan Grigson and poaching Chris Ballard.

Mwahahahahahaha!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I wouldn't be surprised at all if he somehow ended up in Atlanta like Pioli did.

Blank loves acquiring front office people and making up titles for them.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
gently caress football now and forever but I'm very happy to drop back in and say "gently caress you John Dorsey. Go drop two seconds on the Worst QB in the league in hell you dumb piece of poo poo rapist defender."

#FireTyreekHill next.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Parmesan Basil posted:

gently caress football now and forever but I'm very happy to drop back in and say "gently caress you John Dorsey. Go drop two seconds on the Worst QB in the league in hell you dumb piece of poo poo rapist defender."

#FireTyreekHill next.

He is risen!

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Parmesan Basil posted:

#FireTyreekHill next.

Lol

Nov 6, 2002

Don't pay attention to him. It only makes him stronger.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I told you we should have cut his head off and burned the body

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Parmesan Basil posted:

#FireTyreekHill next.

You're back. Wonderful

Anything Dorsey did had Walrusprints all over it

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
why does a jags fan care so much about the chiefs wow

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Parmesan Basil posted:

#FireTyreekHill next.
Seek professional help

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Parmesan Basil posted:

#FireTyreekHill next.

alex smith posts on somethingawful

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

After the shock has worn off it has occurred to me while listening to 810 and they’re saying word was after Ballard left the whole front office went to poo poo and thinking he may have been the brains of the operation. Clark apparently not happy about how Dorsey handled Maclin release, Charles release, Houston injury, etc. Managed to piss off Berry while giving him the biggest safety contract ever. Might have been dividing the locker room, I don't know.

Go offer a boatload of cash to Ballard to come back.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

kiimo posted:

After the shock has worn off it has occurred to me while listening to 810 and they’re saying word was after Ballard left the whole front office went to poo poo and thinking he may have been the brains of the operation. Clark apparently not happy about how Dorsey handled Maclin release, Charles release, Houston injury, etc. Managed to piss off Berry while giving him the biggest safety contract ever. Might have been dividing the locker room, I don't know.

Go offer a boatload of cash to Ballard to come back.

Fuuuuuckkkkkk youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The Jets should hire John Dorsey to run their football operations but they wont.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

rotoworld with dat shade

quote:

Jets owner Woody Johnson has been officially nominated to be the United States' ambassador to the United Kingdom.

The move had been rumored since January. It had been delayed for reasons unknown by president Donald Trump. It isn't uncharted territory for a 21st century NFL owner, as Johnson will join the late, great Dan Rooney as a United States ambassador. Rooney was Barack Obama's ambassador to Ireland from 2009-12. It's unclear how the appointment will affect Johnson's football duties. Rooney remained involved with the Steelers during his time in Ireland. Ambassador of the United States to the Court of St James's is an important position. It's unclear what makes Johnson qualified.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

rotoworld with dat shade

Qualification: one of four NYers still willing to acknowledge Donnie.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

So I've been reading Howard Mudd's book, The View From the O-Line which is just a million anecdotes from a ton of different players, and this one was pretty great:

Ed White posted:

Joe Greene and I had been defensive tackles in the college all-star games. We played in one in San Francisco and one in Hawaii, so I got to know him pretty well.

We were playing the Steelers in my first game, and Joe had been their number one draft choice. We had a guard from USC named Jim Vellone. He was quite spicy. Apparently Jim called Joe a name he didn't like.

On the next series, Joe came back into the game with a screwdriver he'd gotten from the sideline. Unfortunately, they'd pulled Vellone out and put me in.

So there's Joe standing there seething, his eyes widened as open as he could get them, expecting Vellone to come back at left guard.

He had this screwdriver in his hand and I thought whoa. I'm yelling at him, "Hey Joe, It's me Ed!"
I don't remember exactly what happened next, but he went off the field. So I avoided having to block an angry defensive tackle holding a screwdriver.

Most everything else is a lot saner then that, but if you want some stuff I can post a few as I get to them. There's stuff from at least a hundred guys in here, though the most/best is from like Joe Thomas, Mike Munchak, Kyle Long, Joe Staley and like anyone associated with the Colts during the Dungy years.

Also I recommend it if you want a super light read. Perfect shitter book.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
So that's where the inspiration for the beginning of Last Boy Scout came from.

In all seriousness though, :stare: :stare: :stare:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Just think, if Joe had merced a random lineman the Steelers would have been worse. We really are in the darkest timeline.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Can't talk about Richie Incognito and not post this:

https://youtu.be/gx79IKPVe5w

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

I love this video, because he throws off his back foot in stride, doesn't follow through at all, throws it sidearm across his body to his receiver.

And it still goes 50 goddamn yards in the air.

• Locked thread