Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

DoctorGonzo posted:

Lewis wants to retire at the end of the year.

I hope he's going to say that he needs to spend more time on his music. Which will be #NOTGOOD.

NtotheTC posted:

If Hamilton flew his own plane or helicopter he would have the good graces to have a proper fatal crash like other British heroes Graham Hill or Colin McRae. Not some weak pansy-rear end "oh the door opened slightly and had to be shut and it was REALLY scary".

It would be the #MEGACOPTER

1500quidporsche posted:

AMuS says the Honda upgrades are expected to be between 12 to 30hp and Honda is using Friday to confirm whether they're even worth running :negative:

Also apparently Stroll had a 43kph advantage when he overtook Alonso in Canada.

Yeah, but based on the current Canadian exchange rate, that's only like 4 or 5 mph.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Probably

Google translate is janky as gently caress and my German is poo poo aside from reading parts diagrams or ordering beer and food, so I could be missing something.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Sulman posted:

Nico's social media is full of images like this. Who takes them? Does he have a photographer around him at all times? There's some weird Instagram branding/lifestyle thing going on and it creates this weird artificial vibe like your life is essentially one continuous volume of Hello magazine.

This is good and cool. Are Rossie is good and cool and I am going to follow his instagram post haste.

E: just followed on Instagram and my man crush has created a man splurge. I am sated.

Myrddin_Emrys fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jun 22, 2017

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Double post

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Strudel got so many grid penalties he's gonna start a lap down.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

This just in from Joe Saward on his own comments section re Kolles

"I like him. I have always found him to be a sensible man"

:chloe:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Joe Saward is loving trash. Is that really surprising to you?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
If Saward thinks Kolles is a sensible man then absolutely Saward has blackmailed people for personal gain in the paddock.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Why any of you read Joe Saward is loving mind boggling to me

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
It took a while, but I finally dumped Sidepodcast out of my aggregator. Joe Saward is manifold times more annoying when you can hear his voice.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Sometimes I need inspiration for my shitposts.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

1500quidporsche posted:

Consider the source.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

Sometimes I need inspiration for my shitposts.

Look into your heart, friend.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

DirtRoadJunglist posted:

It took a while, but I finally dumped Sidepodcast out of my aggregator. Joe Saward is manifold times more annoying when you can hear his voice.

SHIFT+F1 is the only f1 podcast I've found worth listening to.

Xisticide
Nov 27, 2005

Tsaedje posted:

McLaren will improve enough to luck a win in Singapore and Alonso will be cursed to stay with them forever as a a finger slowly curls on the monkey's paw

There's no way the engine will last race distance in that heat

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

If McLaren win Singapore give me a 30 day probation so I can reflect on the glory that will be 2018.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Norns posted:

I used to frequent F1B, but they got kind of shill-y, and then they got repetitive, and I just wasn't feeling it anymore. Paul does some good track talks, tho.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

1500quidporsche posted:

If McLaren win Singapore give me a 30 day probation so I can reflect on the glory that will be 2018.

Hey HEY! Find your own attention whoring methods!

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Norns posted:

Agreed. Helps that I really don't know much more than they do about F1, but they're affable enough dudes that I'd listen to them do just about anything, even talk to video game dudes or travel around the world.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

1500quidporsche posted:

Spyker Sauber Honda F1 incoming.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

even Nando's body language screams "WHY, WHY IS THIS ENGINE SO loving poo poo? WHY?"

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Sulman posted:

Nico's social media is full of images like this. Who takes them? Does he have a photographer around him at all times? There's some weird Instagram branding/lifestyle thing going on and it creates this weird artificial vibe like your life is essentially one continuous volume of Hello magazine.

I realise the irony of this coming from a goony F1 thread on the dead gay comedy forums that are something awful dot com, but holy poo poo that suit is loving garbage.

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

New DLC for Aoe2 is out: Dynasties of India
Kolles owns in the same way Briatore owns. F1 needs characters like him

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Theophany posted:

I realise the irony of this coming from a goony F1 thread on the dead gay comedy forums that are something awful dot com, but holy poo poo that suit is loving garbage.

He's going to throw it away and put on another one that he's paid to wear.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

1500quidporsche posted:

If McLaren win perma ban me, and toxx that

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
If Mclaren wins, make me a mod :toxx:

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
Probate me one month for every point Lance Stroll has over the McLarens at the end of the season & make my probation reason a picture of Stroll's head on the Lou Ferrigno Hulk. :toxx:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Probate me one month for every point Lance Stroll has over the McLarens at the end of the season & make my probation reason a picture of Stroll's head on the Lou Ferrigno Hulk. :toxx:

Quoting for posterity

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
iospace throw all the toxxes into the OP, please thnx

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
This is a handsome man who would not look out of place in a megajet.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

This is the only internet forum I actually enjoy reading and posting about racing in. Therefore I will not participate in these shenanigans.

But gently caress Honda and Lance Stroll. Truly the worst things in formula one

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
iospace doest gently caress around so later, losers!

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

iospace, don't ban or probate anyone upon McLaren's return to glory. Just send out PMs reminding everyone of how overjoyed I certainly will be.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

If Mclaren score a point, I will be happy :toxx:

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Listened to Shift+F1 after work today and now I'm excited for Baku.

That's how good of a podcast it is.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Race around the world!

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Minto Took posted:

Listened to Shift+F1 after work today and now I'm excited for Baku.

That's how good of a podcast it is.

I find it a little sad that both Danny and Drew are so busy with their own personal projects these days that they can't get together as much as they could back in the Gamespot/Giant Bomb days. I still enjoy the podcasts, but there's only so much Dave Lang I can take.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Yeah. April 24th 2017. That was posted numerous times in this thread and I always bring it up.

You are literally supporting Hitler if you support Red Bull. Buy Monster if you're gonna drink sewage meth anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

Yeah. April 24th 2017. That was posted numerous times in this thread and I always bring it up.

You are literally supporting Hitler if you support Red Bull. Buy Monster if you're gonna drink sewage meth anyway.

Wow, I feel like a bit of a silly goose.

• Locked thread