Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Lockback posted:

I'm down for a PG rental but not Ricky :smith:

Also, I really, really don't have to watch Pacers games to keep up with Rubio. :smith: :smith:

Look dude...if I have to watch this bullshit next season, someone has to suffer with me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Ingram is apparently on the table now for Paul George. However deals can't be completed until the pick is made now at this point.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/WindhorstESPN/status/877995980741726209

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

https://twitter.com/arod0034/status/877987603269664768
https://twitter.com/Original_Turner/status/877993534141464576

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Time posted:

PURO PINCHE SPURS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7-tbxs7zRo

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

I love Myles. I'll be sad when he leaves us too.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Rick posted:

Ingram is apparently on the table now for Paul George. However deals can't be completed until the pick is made now at this point.

Does Magic have a plan at all

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
guys the priestesses started singing dainas and flowers are being offered to the fire i think KP is getting traded

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

What the gently caress do the Cavs even have? Aren't their only tradeable assets Love and Kyrie? I like Danny and all, and he's definitely better than those two, but I don't think you can convince cleveland of it.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Cool Buff Man posted:

Lol, of course not

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Bashez posted:

What the gently caress do the Cavs even have? Aren't their only tradeable assets Love and Kyrie? I like Danny and all, and he's definitely better than those two, but I don't think you can convince cleveland of it.

Wait what?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Cool Buff Man posted:

the stars will sign to play in la is his plan

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Bashez posted:

It's a little early in the offseason for Bashez to be in the best posting shape of his life

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Bashez

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Cool Buff Man posted:

I joke about Phil Jackson, known Knick hater, taking the job to intentionally ruin the Knicks, maybe this is Johnson's plan for revenge against the Lakers for some unknown reason.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i never watch the draft but i really want to today

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Bashez posted:

I appreciate your measured analysis.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Lmao I know, but god drat. There's Bashez...and there's BASHEZ...

I just wasn't expecting this in the offseason.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Cool Buff Man posted:

Trade away young talent
Trade away draft picks
?????
Profit via a fat settlement after getting fired two years into a five year contract

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

thats a great bashez post because everything is extremely correct except green being better than love and kyrie

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

The Glumslinger posted:

Lol, of course not

Rick posted:

I joke about Phil Jackson, known Knick hater, taking the job to intentionally ruin the Knicks, maybe this is Johnson's plan for revenge against the Lakers for some unknown reason.

tanglewood1420 posted:

Trade away young talent
Trade away draft picks
?????
Profit via a fat settlement after getting fired two years into a five year contract

I don't even hate the Lakers so this is all just perplexing to me, not really that enjoyable cuz it feels like multiple careers are being ruined. But also very funny

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Rick posted:

Hey Rick, you got a link or a source on this? Just curious as how good of a source its coming from

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

Cool Buff Man posted:

Broussard tries to chime in with the most obvious of all takes

https://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard/status/877989519353561088

true enough but its still all right for someone to say, "he wants that loving money" instead of local newspaper guys saying he's "determined to lead the Bulls back to contention and Glory in the Eastern Conference!"

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Cavs could also trade TT, but that boy ain't a Spur

Edit: Kevin Love could do a pretty good accent and pretend to be a Euro. He already looks like one???

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

true enough but its still all right for someone to say, "he wants that loving money" instead of local newspaper guys saying he's "determined to lead the Bulls back to contention and Glory in the Eastern Conference!"

Yep I don't blame him or anything, get your money if you can Jimmy, but your hopes and desires mean absolutely nothing to your front office

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

The Glumslinger posted:

Hey Rick, you got a link or a source on this? Just curious as how good of a source its coming from

Ew, I should've read more, the source is Rick Kamala on a radio show.

I'm just at this point so willing to believe the worst thing said about the Lakers at this point.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

big boi posted:

Edit: Kevin Love could do a pretty good accent and pretend to be a Euro. He already looks like one???

Uh, Kevin Love is not ugly

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Euphronius has the draft GDT up.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3824611&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

big boi posted:

i thought Love was australian for a long time

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

Eh most local guys think he should be traded(at least with this FO still in power). What are you talking about.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

https://twitter.com/GoodmanESPN/status/878000719776817152

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

D'Angelo Russell is going to be better than all the other Lakers picks (Randle, Ingram, Ball)

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I have a KP jersey and I'm just gonna be really bummed to see him go before he hits his prime

I bought his jersey in 2015 because I believed so much :smith:

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Fast Luck posted:

D'Angelo Russell is going to be better than all the other Lakers picks (Randle, Ingram, Ball)

Truth.

I don't think Ingram ever makes an All-Star game.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

OWNED

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Fast Luck posted:

Yeah.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

+1

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y8sv8qbf

And 2 firsts. This year and next year unprotected.

Edit, add another first actually.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I think Ingram has a higher ceiling, but I also really like Russell.

Dexo posted:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y8sv8qbf

And 2 firsts. This year and next year unprotected.

All those guys look like Bulls players too....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I lied this

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ya2tc58t

and 2-3 firsts.

and waive Mike Miller's unguaranteed contract.

• Locked thread