Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Real hurthling! posted:

Repair drone swarms would be cool. Healing beams are lame though

what if the healing beam is the repair drone swarm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Coughing Hobo posted:

Ship it

Boom $$$$$

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

congrats now we are playing eve

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

With or without 4K

PS4 Pro all the way

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Nex Machina was good until they introduced stuff you can't dodge through. Also lives are bad and should not be used.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cerny gave an interview saying kojima has become a full partner in decima engine development with sony, instead of just licensing the engine and creating his own offshoot for death stranding, he and kojipro are working with guerilla and mark cerny on a daily basis to evolve the engine.

so i guess expect death stranding in 2029

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

haveblue posted:

Nex Machina was good until they introduced stuff you can't dodge through. Also lives are bad and should not be used.

all this, but the opposite.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

it was bad until they introduced stuff you cant dodge through?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

Cerny gave an interview saying kojima has become a full partner in decima engine development with sony, instead of just licensing the engine and creating his own offshoot for death stranding, he and kojipro are working with guerilla and mark cerny on a daily basis to evolve the engine.

Horizon Zero Dawn 2 will have a GOTY edition released before Death Stranding comes out. Mark my words.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Awesome! posted:

it was bad until they introduced stuff you cant dodge through?

it was never bad but actually win in all regards

the only bad thing in the game is when you die on your last continue to supreme ai's bulshit middle phase with the rotating laser star. don't worry though... i made him pay

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I'm planning to complain that Death Stranding was held back by the decision to release it on both PS4 and PS5.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Is there any clue of what kind of game it is yet?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

not that I've seen

I know it's way early to be contemplating the game after death stranding when it's not close to being out but I kinda hope he does a spiritual successor to zone of the enders next

acksplode
May 17, 2004

All we know is that it's "open-world" and "action" and has some sort of online component. https://www.gamespot.com/articles/kojima-says-death-stranding-is-a-very-intuitive-op/1100-6448150/

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Real hurthling! posted:

what is running on the decima engine

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

it will stress the ropes that we use to connect us rather than the sticks that we hurt one another with

or something

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Kojima said it's a mix of Uncharted and the Division whatever the gently caress that means.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Awesome! posted:

what is running on the decima engine

Killzone shadow fall was like the beta version.

until dawn and the vr follow up was next but they modded their own version to include havok physics

Rigs was done by a now defunct guerilla offshoot so they had no choice but use it

HZD and Death stranding are the latest. Sony wanted it named decima after the island where the dutch first made trade contact with japan. they see it as an engine that will bring greater collaboration between japanese and western devs or whatever marketing garbage

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jun 23, 2017

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
I have no idea what to expect from Death Stranding. You could tell me it was going to be a first-person platformer with RTS-mechanics, a random loot drop system and a branching time-travel plotline influenced by decisions made in previous playthroughs and I'd believe you.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

TheDarkFlame posted:

I have no idea what to expect from Death Stranding. You could tell me it was going to be a first-person platformer with RTS-mechanics, a random loot drop system and a branching time-travel plotline influenced by decisions made in previous playthroughs and I'd believe you.
I'd be totally up for that last one but screw the others.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

More games could use RTS mechanics

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

More games could use RTS mechanics
No more Brutal Legends please.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I hope the first episode of the FF7Remake has that tower defense-type game in it, that was really fun

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I am actually really curious how the remake is gonna handle those minigames

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

it will have it but it will just be a video you watch because there wasn't time to build a new gameplay mode in the ffxv engine they slapped new graphics on top of

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I hope the first episode of the FF7Remake has that tower defense-type game in it, that was really fun

The common theory is the first episode might cut off at the point where you escape Midgar. So that might be too late.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I am glad that Cerny and Kojima are best buds now, I wonder if Kojima influenced the development of Knack 2

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I am glad that Cerny and Kojima are best buds now, I wonder if Kojima influenced the development of Knack 2
If Meryl shows up as an important reoccurring character we'll know.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

If anyone pee's and or shits themselves silly, we'll know

SamuraiPaul
Oct 9, 2005

Blowin' up da moon.
23.99 was the perfect price to try Hitman. I haven't even left Paris yet because there is so much to discover.

I am glad I bought this instead of that new Styx game. The one thing this is missing though is some good co-op. If I could coordinate intricate assassinations with a buddy where they distract a guard or cause a panic while I kill a target or we synchronize kills or other dumb bullshit that would be the best.

If Death Stranding is multiplayer the whole way through and plays 80% as well as MGSV did then I will happily pay full price. Especially if the story is buried in some tapes or whatever like mgsv, that was a plus for the game.

Guw
Jan 10, 2013

SamuraiPaul posted:

23.99 was the perfect price to try Hitman. I haven't even left Paris yet because there is so much to discover.

Can you invert x?

Also, how are people streaming Crash B already?

SamuraiPaul
Oct 9, 2005

Blowin' up da moon.

Guw posted:

Can you invert x?

But of course. A game has to be as good as Titanfall 2 for me to overlook not having invert x.

Or a walking simulator, seeing as I played and enjoyed Gone Home this weekend.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Guw posted:

Also, how are people streaming Crash B already?

Review copies and people getting it early from people breaking street date, I assume.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Coughing Hobo posted:

I'm pretty sure one of the weapon descriptions for the heal beams say its nanomachine IFF basically. Heal if friendly, gently caress up if hostile.

I really like it but I also like games like Warship Gunner and you could basically reskin the entire game into an underwater sub combat game. The spaceship bit is kinda superfluous. Float of Tanks.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I just think the idea of one ship healing another ship is really silly. Should you be able to have repair crews fix damage systems in the heat of battle? Sure. The idea of a healer ship is just... completely contrary to what appeals to me about naval combat, in space or otherwise.

edit: And I've played a poo poo-ton of team games with healer roles. It's not what I want out of giant warships clashing.

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

Is there a known failure mode with the PS4 failing to turn on after a few days in rest mode? Press the button, light turns blue, PS4 clicks off. If I unplug it for a few minutes, it's fine for another few days.

It's a launch day model, long out of warranty, so I took it to my go-to Shop Full of Vietnamese Kids with Soldering Irons and they redid the thermal paste on it. Same problem. Should I ask them to replace the power supply, or cut my losses and buy a new one?

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

If it makes you feel any better it seems ship balance is kind of out of whack right now in that not a lot of people play healers outside premades and destroyers/cruisers kinda suck so it is mostly the dreadnoughts, glass cannon artillery, and a third type in a given match. You can be sneaky though, much sneakier than games of its ilk, and getting the drop on an enemy in your cross weapon killzone typically ensures a kill in a 1v1 scenario

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

xarph posted:

Is there a known failure mode with the PS4 failing to turn on after a few days in rest mode? Press the button, light turns blue, PS4 clicks off. If I unplug it for a few minutes, it's fine for another few days.

It's a launch day model, long out of warranty, so I took it to my go-to Shop Full of Vietnamese Kids with Soldering Irons and they redid the thermal paste on it. Same problem. Should I ask them to replace the power supply, or cut my losses and buy a new one?

Sounds like time to dump it on your local gamestop and grab a pro.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

xarph posted:

All our PS4s have their final day. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Ularg posted:

:smug:

(Jesus that's about a year straight of gameplay)

How many more on your alt?