Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Isn't that Alex Steacy, off internet sketch comedy troupe LoadingReadyRun?

Correct, also my irl best friend except I don't watch LRR at all so I never know what he's up to "professionally" which results in me sending him pictures of him self saying he sure looks like this guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Baronjutter posted:

Correct, also my irl best friend except I don't watch LRR at all so I never know what he's up to "professionally" which results in me sending him pictures of him self saying he sure looks like this guy.

You should, they do some real funny stuff and I've been a fan of theirs for years.

LRR mostly streams these days but their youtube stuff is pretty accessable short skits and a silly news show alongside their podcasts. They have a biweekly hour and a half live show as well that goes up pretty quickly after recording, too

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

FreudianSlippers posted:

All music written before 1920 is classical music. Except if it was for or by poor people then it's folk music.

Heck you can go on a streaming music service and find "classical music" from the present. Anything that's got a conductor up in front of an orchestra counts now.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

Powaqoatse posted:

holy gently caress :aaaaa:

e: waaait a minute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVcAyEMM4Cc

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Intoluene posted:

You should, they do some real funny stuff and I've been a fan of theirs for years.

LRR mostly streams these days but their youtube stuff is pretty accessable short skits and a silly news show alongside their podcasts. They have a biweekly hour and a half live show as well that goes up pretty quickly after recording, too

I've seen some of their bits and shows, it's just not exactly my bag. I feel like a bad friend for not liking it. A lot of their stuff comes across as the sort of nerd-media sponsored-hype stuff the red letter media guys make fun of. I do enjoy Alex and Cam though they have good chemistry when they make things and Cam is a cool guy who actually can hold a conversation not about anime or video games or magic cards.

Their new office is like right next to my work so I pop over to bug alex from time to time. Graham is also my neighbour. Small town I guess.

Purple trillium
Nov 5, 2012
The collective term for nieces and nephews is niblings.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
Holy poo poo

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Purple trillium posted:

The collective term for nieces and nephews is niblings.

I'm pretty sure this is a recent made-up term rather than some ~official~ dictionary-listed word and I hate it. It sounds so stupid, argh.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

SirSlarty posted:

It's based on Dance of the Cygnets from Swan Lake by Tchaikovsky

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIC0nm4nrI8

Whosampled.com is always the best resource for going down musical rabbit holes like this.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

SirSlarty posted:

It's based on Dance of the Cygnets from Swan Lake by Tchaikovsky

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIC0nm4nrI8

Ballet looks really goofy, to me.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

cyberia posted:

I'm pretty sure this is a recent made-up term rather than some ~official~ dictionary-listed word and I hate it. It sounds so stupid, argh.

Where do you think the words in the dictionary come from?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

cyberia posted:

This is starting to sound like it could start a derail for several pages, but you'd expect the wrong of the nibling to be pretty epic.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

This is starting to sound like it could start a derail for several pages, but you'd expect the wrong of the nibling to be pretty epic.

gently caress

edit:

Pookah posted:

Gotterdamm
gently caress

Memento has a new favorite as of 12:46 on Jun 13, 2017

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Gotterdamm

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

As long as we're on a music sampling derail I'll share this piece of history.

https://youtu.be/5SaFTm2bcac

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Knew what that was before I even opened it. Good stuff, heard that sample a million times in the late '90s; I wondered if Liam Howlett would have a career without it :v:

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

rydiafan posted:

As long as we're on a music sampling derail I'll share this piece of history.

https://youtu.be/5SaFTm2bcac

Sad thing is the drummer of the Amen Break died broke and homeless in the street.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

cyberia posted:

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Melody reuse? Time to make sure this gets posted again in case someone hasn't seen it

https://youtu.be/JdxkVQy7QLM

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
There is no 'n' in restaurateur.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Bogan King posted:

There is no 'n' in restaurateur.
Man, gently caress. And of course I looked it up, at least expecting it to be some British/American divide but no, restauranteur is clearly depicted as a mistake that occasionally slips by at best.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
For some reason I was convinced for years that in the movie Mouse Hunt, the actor playing Nathan Lane's character's brother was Jon Cryer. It's not, it's Lee Evans. To be fair, I haven't seen the movie since I was a kid, but now I totally have false memories of Jon Cryer being in it.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Describing someone or something making a Bee line isnt actually about bees, when you write the letter "B" you start with a straight line which is the shortest distance between two points.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

MariusLecter posted:

Describing someone or something making a Bee line isnt actually about bees, when you write the letter "B" you start with a straight line which is the shortest distance between two points.

No, it's about bees.

e: You're taking the piss aren't you?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

FAKE NEWS

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Jerry Cotton posted:

No, it's about bees.

e: You're taking the piss aren't you?
But bees don't travel in straight lines. They bumble around.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Strudel Man posted:

But bees don't travel in straight lines. They bumble around.

So?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Uh hello jerry?

You're talking to the literal hive mind and you can't piece this together?

DavidAlltheTime
Feb 14, 2008

All David...all the TIME!
Shart is when you make a pretty poo

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
Rob Thomas (from Matchbox 20) and Rob Thomas (television producer/director/writer) are two different people.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

DavidAlltheTime posted:

Shart is when you make a pretty poo

No it's when you fart while shitposting.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Saturday has the word "turd" in it.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Tony Snark posted:

:holymoley:

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

FELD1 posted:

Rob Thomas (from Matchbox 20) and Rob Thomas (television producer/director/writer) are two different people.

On a similar note,

Jared Leto is both the memetic 'so insane' actor and the lead singer of 30 Seconds to Mars.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

Tony Snark posted:

Smartwatch has 'twat'

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Let me tell you guys about a town called Scunthorpe...

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

ishikabibble posted:

On a similar note,

Jared Leto is both the memetic 'so insane' actor and the lead singer of 30 Seconds to Mars.

Does anyone even know that band without having read about on his wikipedia or something?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Powaqoatse posted:

Does anyone even know that band without having read about on his wikipedia or something?

They had a song that was used for the trailer to that owl movie

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Powaqoatse posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thirty_Seconds_to_Mars

quote:

The band achieved worldwide fame with the release of their second album A Beautiful Lie (2005), which received multiple certifications all over the world, including platinum in the United States.

quote:

As of September 2014, the band had sold over 15 million albums worldwide.[1]

I mostly remember them being popular like a decade ago. When I was in middle school.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Memento posted:

Let me tell you guys about a town called Scunthorpe...

Fun side note: when I used to be soundguy for a music venue, one of our regular (and very popular) acts was a group from Scunthorpe. My boss, who handled promotion, was always frustrated by sending out press releases to local papers and tv/radio stations via email or online submission forms, only to have them bounced back by bots for containing "vulgar language".

fake edit: huh, seems like we weren't the only one with that issue:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scunthorpe_problem

There's some interesting examples in that article. Maybe the Stuff I Just Figured Out is that I never got a call on some job applications because putting Magna Cum Laude on my resume got it tossed for potentially being a :gizz: reference!