Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The Bulls gave up about 4 1st rounders, Jimmy Butler, a 3+D wing, and a few 2nd rounders for 5 point guards that would barely be bench players

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
How the gently caress did the Celtics not beat that. Butler was a great fit for that team. The only possible excuse would be 'cant afford his cap #' theyre going after PG (a clear 1-year rental) and potentially Gordon Hayward. Lmao boston...

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

As much as I love the Bulls eating poo poo this is insane. Dexo, if you come to Toronto I'll take you out for ramen. I'll get you drunk as a rat and we can eat poutine. What a poo poo loving deal.

Seriously. Zach Lavine was like good for half a season. How did Boston not beat that offer? How did the Kings not trade Buddy Hield and 3 burning tires for him? This is such a bad trade holy poo poo.

How is Norman Powell and 3 strippers who once met Drake not a better offer? Or JV, sign and trade Patterson and 1 guy who loves tacos? WTF

BWV fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Jun 23, 2017

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
At least gently caress Nikola Mirotic.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Ammanas posted:

How the gently caress did the Celtics not beat that. Butler was a great fit for that team. The only possible excuse would be 'cant afford his cap #' theyre going after PG (a clear 1-year rental) and potentially Gordon Hayward. Lmao boston...

He doesn't solve their problems so I'm not that upset about it and I'm fairly sure it has to do with cap stuff. Congrats to Minny

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

They won it no matter what. That just makes it a slaughter

What in the impossible gently caress is this poo poo. Legit one of the worst trades ever

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Ammanas posted:

LaVine and Dunn are both young guys who are cheaper than anyone Boston could offer. Their only comparable package would be Bradley and Smart and those guys don't really fit well on the Bulls

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Bears or Bulls which team is dumber

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Bulls GM moves over the last several years is maybe one of the worst runs in sports history that I can remember.

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

Blazers taking Zach @ 10, trading 15 + 20...

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/rolopez42/status/878048376843096064

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

rip Bulls fans.

Also I'm gonna be shocked if the timberwolves don't make the playoffs this year (I also said this last year)

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

I'm...happy with a Hornets draft pick? :psyduck:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Away all Goats posted:

rip Bulls fans.

Also I'm gonna be shocked if the timberwolves don't make the playoffs this year (I also said this last year)

Their defense needs to really improve. It all depends now on what they'll do with like 20 million in cap space, they need a shooter badly.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

gently caress yeah Malik monk, him and Kemba should be dope together.

But somehow, Dwight will fart on him and curse his game, and he will never hit a shot in the NBA

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...
It sucks to see LaVine go, but moving him after an ACL injury is easier to accept. Super hard worker and his shooting was really developing before he got hurt. Hopefully, a veteran presence in Butler is enough to push the Wolves over the top and finally make the playoffs. I am really happy to see Kris Dunn go. He was a terrible pick that you could see coming from a mile away. He'll make some steals with his long arms, but his shooting is awful, and he tends to take a lot of bad risks on D. He may grow out of that, but he's already older than LaVine. Hopefully, Thibodeaux has learned from that pick.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
And Ricky is still a Timberwolf. The collective will wins again.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

The league should not of allowed the Butler trade. It is so bad.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the butler trade is insane. thibs must have blackmail material from his old job.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

https://twitter.com/TheWilderThings/status/878054222729760768

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

BWV posted:

The league should not of allowed the Butler trade. It is so bad.

Nah it's not that bad. It's probably good for the league as it gets some much-needed talent to the Timberwolves. I honestly kinda forget the twolves exist as a team, my mind can only work with the bucks or the twolves but not both and Milwaukee has Giannis

Like Rubio is conceptually existent but not physically so

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Ammanas posted:

Nah it's not that bad. It's probably good for the league as it gets some much-needed talent to the Timberwolves. I honestly kinda forget the twolves exist as a team, my mind can only work with the bucks or the twolves but not both and Milwaukee has Giannis

the trade is loving abysmal

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Great deal for minnesota, but I would not be surprised to see the lack of 3pt shooting really hurt them and Rubio get traded mid-season for someone who can shoot

They'll have cap room to hopefully sign Ibaka or Gallinari or something to play PF and space the floor a bit. JJ Reddick off the bench would help a lot imo

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Yeah the starting 5's best 3 pt shooter is who, KAT?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Butler and Wiggins are like 35% non heaves Butler isn 't terrible 3 point shooter.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Cool Buff Man posted:

Yeah the starting 5's best 3 pt shooter is who, KAT?

him or butler

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Justin Jackson looks like a science or math professor, not sure if I can get behind that pick.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Shear Modulus posted:

him or butler

Hate to be the bearer of bad news

Oh you edited it you sly dog

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Dexo posted:

Butler and Wiggins are like 35% non heaves Butler isn 't terrible 3 point shooter.

Wiggins has gotten better too and was on freakin fire for like 6 weeks to start the year so he has it in him. Having Butler on the Wing should also help.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

garpax should be arrested

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.
Whiffed on Butler and Bledsoe, got the Trey Lyles boobie prize. Can I just give him back?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

wait are you saying that the bulls are trying to save money??

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

wrong topic

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

but yeah its a bad 3 shooting team. i think the prediction that ricky will probably be shipped out for someone who can shoot is a good one

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

how long until lavine and/or dunn is banished to the bench cam payne-style

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jun 23, 2017

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Butler is chilling in Paris?

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Ammanas posted:

It's good for the viewer and for the T-Wolves but in terms of fairness it's so loving bad. Like Butler has been a fringe MVP candidate the last 2 years, easily top 10. Zach Lavine was good for like 2 months and injured, and Dunn is whatever. The pick swap is basically nothing because Chicago would've drafted a white guy no matter what.

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Last season they were dead last in 3pt attempt rate, and 20th in percentage from there. Despite this they had the 10th best offense?

Lavine is a better 3pt shooter than Butler, but I think if they sign a good stretch 4 and an off the bench shooter they should be alright. Butler will help a lot on defense, and they were nearly the worst defensive team in the league last season

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/Mr1738/status/878060751386271744

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Lockback posted:

Butler is chilling in Paris?

Butler: The Bulls can go 0-82 and I'd look at them like this poo poo graaaavy

• Locked thread