Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
barefoot is the only foot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

When will we have Vibrams and Crocs in the game?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Got my first chicken dinner last night playing solo, it's crazy how on I was during every moment of that match from beginning to end. Lucked out with a crate that dropped right on my head that contained a sniper, scope, and ghilllie suit that carried me to the end. Ended up me and one other guy in the tightest possible circle, both laying down in the grass a foot away from each other but neither of us could see each other. I finally jumped up, ran around, and drew a bead on the guy who apparently never saw me because he was looking the other way and took him down with a headshot. I had one bullet in my entire inventory left after winning. Feels fuckin' good, man. :clint:

Edit: I then proceeded to play like absolute dogshit for every subsequent match that night.. :sigh:

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Neon Belly posted:

When will we have Vibrams and Crocs in the game?

Need cowboy boots and hats to go with the new plaid shirt.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
Needs flipflops. That would make some dramatic sounds running for the circle.

Also, Heelys!

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

CitizenKain posted:

Needs flipflops. That would make some dramatic sounds running for the circle.

Also, Heelys!

flip flops sound like two people running its very intimidating

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
or a wet horse

FYAD SECRETARY
Aug 14, 2003

i want those sneakers that light up every time you take a step to be in the game

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

explosivo posted:

Got my first chicken dinner last night playing solo, it's crazy how on I was during every moment of that match from beginning to end. Lucked out with a crate that dropped right on my head that contained a sniper, scope, and ghilllie suit that carried me to the end. Ended up me and one other guy in the tightest possible circle, both laying down in the grass a foot away from each other but neither of us could see each other. I finally jumped up, ran around, and drew a bead on the guy who apparently never saw me because he was looking the other way and took him down with a headshot. I had one bullet in my entire inventory left after winning. Feels fuckin' good, man. :clint:

Edit: I then proceeded to play like absolute dogshit for every subsequent match that night.. :sigh:

11 kills, too! Nice!

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten

Takkaryx posted:

The group I play with have all taken off our shoes so we can readily differentiate between friendly and hostile steps. One of my people also thinks bare feet are quieter, but he's dumb.

For no reason other than this, I recommend the barefoot play. I do sometimes think it's quieter but I guess I'm just a weird guy?

Fastened Portal Bart
Dec 16, 2004
Tally ho!
So I like this game a lot but I'm really bad at shooting and also locating people from audio. Can anyone help me out figuring where the car is at the start and where the guy is murdering me from at the end of the clip? It sounds like the car is outside the circle to the south but I don't see it when I sweep across that way. Sometimes it seems like I put the location of the sounds exactly 180 degrees from where its coming from. I might be doing something wrong. Sorry about the hot mic and also the terrible jumpscare twitch when the guy shoots me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOxEYCXu8vI

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Fastened Portal Bart posted:

So I like this game a lot but I'm really bad at shooting and also locating people from audio. Can anyone help me out figuring where the car is at the start and where the guy is murdering me from at the end of the clip? It sounds like the car is outside the circle to the south but I don't see it when I sweep across that way. Sometimes it seems like I put the location of the sounds exactly 180 degrees from where its coming from. I might be doing something wrong. Sorry about the hot mic and also the terrible jumpscare twitch when the guy shoots me

Car was right behind you, you can even see it at :11-:13 in the far left corner.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

GO gently caress YOURSELF posted:

For no reason other than this, I recommend the barefoot play. I do sometimes think it's quieter but I guess I'm just a weird guy?

not really. Also if your whole crew is barefoot you know any boot clomps are not friendly

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Are you wearing your headphones backwards? If you are facing perfectly away or at a sound it can be hard to tell if it's in front or behind you. That car was behind you though cause you could clearly hear the sound on the right and then the left when you swung the camera. It drove pretty close to you and then was on the other side of the road at :11 like Trabisnikof said.

The gunshots were coming from northwest-ish, can't spot the guy but that may be due to the video being 720p, I'd guess near the rock or the airplane.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Cinara posted:

Are you wearing your headphones backwards?

this is p funny to watch because I think he is wearing his headphones backwards

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

explosivo posted:

Got my first chicken dinner last night playing solo, it's crazy how on I was during every moment of that match from beginning to end. Lucked out with a crate that dropped right on my head that contained a sniper, scope, and ghilllie suit that carried me to the end.

The ghillie suit is hilariously strong. People can't see you for poo poo with it on, the only chicken dinner I got so far I was wearing it and crouched in a bush and players were literally running right past me.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Another tip: always be wiggling even when hiding near a tree or a rock. Also, while looting corpses. That's not when you were shot but if anyone had seen you when you were more or less stationary next to that first tree, you would've been the easiest kill ever.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Doorknob Slobber posted:

this is p funny to watch because I think he is wearing his headphones backwards

This reminds me of this one goon I played with who always got his left and rights mixed up when we were calling out where people were on his screen

To be fair it could be pretty intense moments but it happened more than a few times

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

You might have your sound channels backwards because yep, for almost the entire video you were facing exactly the opposite direction the sound was coming from. The car moved from your left to your right behind you.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Goon puts headset on backwards for PUBG. You won't believe what happens next!

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

FYAD SECRETARY posted:

i want those sneakers that light up every time you take a step to be in the game

I want those to be in every game.

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

GO gently caress YOURSELF posted:

As far as I know it's the same volume and travel, but the critical thing is the tones of bare footfalls are lower so they end up getting hidden in other ambient noise more easily. Rain, for instance, makes it real hard to hear anything, but bare footsteps especially.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

All bare feet do is signal to the rest of us that you're a gullible fool who falls for PUBG urban legends. You're probably looking for berries while you run around barefoot.

aunt jenkins
Jan 12, 2001

My uncle works for bluehole and he told me if you take your pants off you run 2% faster due to less weight

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

mashed_penguin posted:

They should add a Katana as a melee weapon.

It can only be found in bedrooms mounted on a display stand on the wall. Next to anime and kill bill posters.

a good post

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

All bare feet do is signal to the rest of us that you're a gullible fool who falls for PUBG urban legends. You're probably looking for berries while you run around barefoot.

But they do sound different? How is it gullible to want to understand what that difference means practically?

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...

aunt jemima posted:

My uncle works for bluehole and he told me if you take your pants off you run 2% faster due to less weight

Its so simple!
Also I think I am comedy dropping no pants crew tonight.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Maluco Marinero posted:

But they do sound different? How is it gullible to want to understand what that difference means practically?

this is like those goons who thought fry pan blocking shots was also a myth and outsmarted themselves trying to be all ironic about it

smdh

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

Maluco Marinero posted:

its a great idea until your team runs into another barefoot players and you all die because you ignore their footsteps

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Captain Gordon posted:

its a great idea until your team runs into another barefoot players and you all die because you ignore their footsteps

lol are you retarded? you can pay attention to barefoot steps while still know that shoe steps are 100% enemies

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

Zo posted:

lol are you retarded? you can pay attention to barefoot steps while still know that shoe steps are 100% enemies

I guess but i never had an issue with misidentifying enemy and allied footsteps due to big blue allied markers and having a good headset, so it feels like a niche problem to me. But if it works for you, that's great man!

edit: i don't think that barefoot steps are inherently quieter, however.

Captain Gordon fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jun 23, 2017

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
I usually play with a headset, but this afternoon I was playing a solo game while multitasking, so I ended up using my regular speakers. Got to #2. Died to the last guy bc I didn't head shot him immediately like he did to me.

Point is, maybe headsets are bad???

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

The Machine posted:

I usually play with a headset, but this afternoon I was playing a solo game while multitasking, so I ended up using my regular speakers. Got to #2. Died to the last guy bc I didn't head shot him immediately like he did to me.

Point is, maybe headsets are bad???

I won a game in duos while on the phone and unable to hear anything for like the last 10+ minutes of the match (and got like 3-4 kills at close range during that time), so sound and hearing things is definitely bad.

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

I won a game without turning on my monitor, WHILE cooking an actual chicken in the oven

true story

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Captain Gordon posted:

I won a game without turning on my monitor, WHILE cooking an actual chicken in the oven

true story

Turn on your monitor.

jizzy sillage
Aug 13, 2006

All the false information still being spread about this game is great, like level 3 helmet face protection.

Fastened Portal Bart
Dec 16, 2004
Tally ho!
Positionally clueless goon reporting back. When I saw all the posts about my headset being on backwards at work I was doubtful, but upon returning home and checking out my setup I have realized that while my headphones were on correctly, the channels were being flipped from my computer to my stereo system. Who knows how long it would have taken me to notice that had I not come to you nice folks for help, so thanks? Maybe I will not feel so dumb when I play the game now!

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
I take it the game doesn't actually mix to 5.1 or 7.1, when the system's capable of this? When I have Windows Sonic or Dolby Atmos enabled, sounds are all over the place, but not where they should. The Wwise middleware is certainly capable of doing it.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Combat Pretzel posted:

I take it the game doesn't actually mix to 5.1 or 7.1, when the system's capable of this? When I have Windows Sonic or Dolby Atmos enabled, sounds are all over the place, but not where they should. The Wwise middleware is certainly capable of doing it.

Nope, stereo only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Zo posted:

this is like those goons who thought fry pan blocking shots was also a myth and outsmarted themselves trying to be all ironic about it

smdh

Pans didn't block shots at first, so they were right, then it changed.

• Locked thread