Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Working class white men are the friends and coworkers of the hate monster. We knew that already, since they voted Trump.

But it's not a problem, we just need to get Miyazaki to build a giant robot.

Cat Mattress fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jun 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Haha poo poo I appreciate this and I don't know why I didn't have this insight earlier. Glenn is (ostensibly) offended by what he perceives as depiction of Trump being gleefully murdered in the name of leftism, and responds by... depicting Trump being gleefully murdered in the name of leftism. Neat.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Lord Hydronium posted:

Yes, that's the big headline about Uber these days. :rolleyes:

Not only that, but they've stated they expect to have driverless cars being demoed by 2020. That means no flying, and no George Jetson or anybody else to pilot them. He really went out of his way to cram a TV cartoon into a non-funny joke.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Sandpuppy posted:

Not only that, but they've stated they expect to have driverless cars being demoed by 2020. That means no flying, and no George Jetson or anybody else to pilot them. He really went out of his way to cram a TV cartoon into a non-funny joke.

The entire business model of Uber being to lose money while taking a commission from people who drive their own car and don't get paid enough to cover the maintenance cost of their vehicle, I really want to see how it'll translate to having Uber needing to actually buy and operate a fleet of cars.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Cat Mattress posted:

Working class white men are the friends and coworkers of the hate monster. We knew that already, since they voted Trump.

But it's not a problem, we just need to get Miyazaki to build a giant robot.

Goddammit, I forgot about those loving Zen Pencil comics until just now.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

David Pope:

David Rowe:

Jon Kudelka:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

...Dare I ask what this is about?

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Regalingualius posted:

Pauline Hanson under fire for 'bigoted' call to remove children with disabilities from mainstream classrooms

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Regalingualius posted:

It's pretty much what the cartoons show. Senator Pauline Hanson said some comments about autistic kids in classrooms that were in keeping in tone with the comments she has said about the other topics on the Wheel of Scapegoats.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

This is the second best animation of a toon I've seen in this thread.

Number one is obviously any image with Obama and the baseball bat

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I hate to agree with a lovely cartoon, but it's time for Pelosi to go. I've always liked her, but the dems badly need someone new in charge.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Getting rid of Democrats because Republicans hate them is the fastest way of destroying the party. Did we ever ascribe this much electoral importance to Hastert/Boehner/Ryan?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Squashy Nipples posted:

I hate to agree with a lovely cartoon, but it's time for Pelosi to go. I've always liked her, but the dems badly need someone new in charge.

Pelosi's position is basically whip-in-chief for the House. She doesn't run elections. She doesn't decide primary disbursements. She doesn't even set that much legislative messaging. She gets Dem House members to vote consistently where it counts, and she's really, really good at it- in part because she's maneuvered to make it hard for other Dems to attack her.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Shangri-Law School posted:

Getting rid of Democrats because Republicans hate them is the fastest way of destroying the party. Did we ever ascribe this much electoral importance to Hastert/Boehner/Ryan?
:yeah:

Republicans just switch to hating the new person. Don't fall for this stupid trick.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Pelosi literally has nothing to do with elections. Stop being as poorly informed as GOP voters.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Discendo Vox posted:

Pelosi's position is basically whip-in-chief for the House. She doesn't run elections. She doesn't decide primary disbursements. She doesn't even set that much legislative messaging. She gets Dem House members to vote consistently where it counts, and she's really, really good at it- in part because she's maneuvered to make it hard for other Dems to attack her.

true, but she's not literally bernie sanders so she has to go. c.f. the dnc chair.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

I have no clue what the intended message is supposed to be, so I'm deliberately choosing to (probably mis) read this as "the Dems' moral victories have been empty, but 'Republican moral victories' is a category that doesn't exist."

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Squashy Nipples posted:

Pelosi is fine as minority whip. But if you can find someone better to be the rally leader of the Democrats or Liberalism, by all means, speak their name in the Dem thread and make your case. She's an effective Lieutenant, but she and the party needs a general to effectively channel the army.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Missing a couple of hilariously compromised GOP districts in there.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Abyssal Squid posted:

I have no clue what the intended message is supposed to be, so I'm deliberately choosing to (probably mis) read this as "the Dems' moral victories have been empty, but 'Republican moral victories' is a category that doesn't exist."

I think he's definitely saying the Dem's moral victories are empty, he's just comparing them to the actual gains made by Republicans. I would have tried to make the "moral victories" column an exploding thermometer or something equally ridiculous to highlight just how little those victories ultimately mattered, but that might have muddied it further.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Also he has no balls to even put Republican Moral Victories on paper when they are passing the AHCA to literally kill people for the potential tax write off of a few. Right wing cartoonists sure are pussies.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
You know who's due for a comeback?

Bone God/Skull Head 2020

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

No "DEBT" 5/7

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

solid Breaking Bad reference

Cpt.Americant
Mar 30, 2010

It's not just Republicans, she currently has a larger "unfavorable" rating than Trump does. The thing about trying to win elections is that people need to like you. She is effectively running to be Speaker of the House and she is very unpopular. She's the closest thing our system has to a prime minister, and in purple and red districts the fact that a moderate Democrat would vote for Pelosi to be speaker is a huge mark against them.

It's not that Republicans currently hate her, they hate a lot of people and we can't ditch everyone who's the current recipient of that billion+ dollar a year industry of hating liberals. The problem is that they've been hating her for a generation. It's a built up kind of hatred that Hillary can tell you a thing or two about. We haven't had a leadership race since before the Iraq War. But because she's good at wrangling votes, no one wants to run against her.

But very much like Hillary, it would be better for the party's electoral chances if she stepped aside.

And it's pretty loving tone deaf of the party to make excuses for why when the electorate is demanding something different we offer the same person they haven't wanted to vote for all those other times.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Oi, leave that "should she stay or should she go" poo poo to other threads, you muppets. :getout:

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

Trapezium Dave posted:

It's pretty much what the cartoons show. Senator Pauline Hanson said some comments about autistic kids in classrooms that were in keeping in tone with the comments she has said about the other topics on the Wheel of Scapegoats.
I'm surprised that the autism cage has been so quickly forgotten, it's the type of thing I'd expect to pop up again in a political cartoon.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

holy poo poo

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Cpt.Americant posted:

It's not just Republicans, she currently has a larger "unfavorable" rating than Trump does. The thing about trying to win elections is that people need to like you. She is effectively running to be Speaker of the House and she is very unpopular. She's the closest thing our system has to a prime minister, and in purple and red districts the fact that a moderate Democrat would vote for Pelosi to be speaker is a huge mark against them.

It's not that Republicans currently hate her, they hate a lot of people and we can't ditch everyone who's the current recipient of that billion+ dollar a year industry of hating liberals. The problem is that they've been hating her for a generation. It's a built up kind of hatred that Hillary can tell you a thing or two about. We haven't had a leadership race since before the Iraq War. But because she's good at wrangling votes, no one wants to run against her.

But very much like Hillary, it would be better for the party's electoral chances if she stepped aside.

And it's pretty loving tone deaf of the party to make excuses for why when the electorate is demanding something different we offer the same person they haven't wanted to vote for all those other times.

Because I'm sure there totally exists a person who hears the phrase "Democratic Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi" and loves the "Democratic spekaer of the House" part, its exclusively the "Nancy Pelosi" part they hate.

Its the fact that she holds leadership in the Democrats that makes people despise her, absolutely nothing would change if the position changed hands.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Cpt.Americant posted:

I saw that poll.

Nancy Pelosi: 30% Favorable, 50% Unfavorable

Paul Ryan: 27% Favorable, 54% Unfavorable

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
Holy poo poo, the Dry Bones guy drew something?

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Duke Igthorn posted:

Bone God/Skull Head 2020

Hello, old skull friend. :glomp:

It was never the skulldonkeys themselves, it was everything else people did in those edits, and thank you for keeping up that tradition.

If anyone has a copy of the one of the bookstore shelf stocking "Human Anatomy" and "The Big Book of Bonesaws", that would be awesome to see again. I gave up looking a long time ago.

Also, don't let this go unloved!

The Bold Kobold
Aug 11, 2014

Bold to the point of certain death.

Yeah, Illinois is definitely a dumpster fire right now.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Duke Igthorn posted:

Bone God/Skull Head 2020

More relevant now than ever.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Lord Hydronium posted:

Yes, that's the big headline about Uber these days. :rolleyes:

let jrrose! have his jetsons reference you big meanie

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

I saw that poll.

Nancy Pelosi: 30% Favorable, 50% Unfavorable

Paul Ryan: 27% Favorable, 54% Unfavorable

There really should be a "Why?" part to these surveys. Because Nancy Pelosi would mostly be "Bitchy woman who doesn't know her place *spits*"

quote:

And if actually know anything about the situation Puerto Rico finds itself in you would know that US loving caused it, along with debt vultures on wallstreet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt.Americant
Mar 30, 2010

Fulchrum posted:

Because I'm sure there totally exists a person who hears the phrase "Democratic Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi" and loves the "Democratic spekaer of the House" part, its exclusively the "Nancy Pelosi" part they hate.

Hey, here's an idea, let's find out! Since elections are decided by who voters pick, maybe we should try offering them someone who doesn't already have a -20 approval. Why should we be making the job harder?

She's been there 16 years already, how long exactly do you think is an appropriate term length for someone to run a legislative party who has spent most of that time in the minority?

• Locked thread