Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

BWV posted:

I dont get why people other than Bulls fans aren't losing their poo poo. Jimmy Butler is so loving good. Like maybe the 2nd or 3rd best player in the east and thats while playing for a garbage team with garbage team mates and a garbage coach. And he got traded for nothing. for a player who nobody cares about and a guy who had 2 good months before suffering a bad injury.
how can the nba have so many "smart" GMs and none of them swept in to at least make a better offer? I feel like I'm crazy. Butler is so good.

A key thing you're missing is that GarPax thinks of Kris Dunn the same way Vivek thinks about Buddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Niwrad posted:

Like if you're planning to make a franchise altering trade, perhaps you should do your due diligence on the biggest asset you'll get back in return. This is the 3rd guy in the past 5 years the Bulls drafted who they didn't workout or even talk to.

This is the laziest loving organization in the league.

at least Phil Jackson is proactive in his incompetence

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

2012? How old was he when he posted that? Like 14 years old?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dexo posted:

at least Phil Jackson is proactive in his incompetence

i want phil

bring back the glory

run the fuckin' triangle

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I say it every loving draft, but I need to start a consulting firm to go through people's twitters and find all of the tweets they need to delete

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

tanglewood1420 posted:

2012? How old was he when he posted that? Like 14 years old?

Yeah 14

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

ESPN reminded me that the Lakers signed Mozgov to a multiyear 8 figure contract

Why did that happen again

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

The Glumslinger posted:

I say it every loving draft, but I need to start a consulting firm to go through people's twitters and find all of the tweets they need to delete

Like all rich people, you'll make a lot of money through immoral acts

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/travellegaines/status/878078236780937218

Hahahahaha

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Declan MacManus posted:

Signed 12:05 on the first day of free agency

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Ohhhh I bet Utah will pick either Jawun Evans or Jordan bell with that pick

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
did lebron leave yet

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Dragan Bender has a Hitler mustache now

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Space Camp fuckup posted:

wrong!!! is lie!!!

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

This is Jimmy Butler's trainer so everyone knows

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Declan MacManus posted:

They needed to pretend to improve while knowingly signing worn out injured guys for their half hearted tanking attempt, like the knicks

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
alright spurs, let's loving go!

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

BWV posted:

I dont get why people other than Bulls fans aren't losing their poo poo. Jimmy Butler is so loving good. Like maybe the 2nd or 3rd best player in the east and thats while playing for a garbage team with garbage team mates and a garbage coach. And he got traded for nothing. for a player who nobody cares about and a guy who had 2 good months before suffering a bad injury.
how can the nba have so many "smart" GMs and none of them swept in to at least make a better offer? I feel like I'm crazy. Butler is so good.

they are but it's draft day so everyone's team is doing stuff

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Now that I think about it the most promising thing about Ainge drafting Tatum is that he drafted someone who's offense first instead of gritty defense guy who can't shoot

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

BWV posted:

Unless every other leaked offer is a lie, they got much better offers
Didn't the Bulls front office love Kris Dunn?
They totally alienated butler by letting trade talks go public, and now we get the result. I'm sorry that your team is great at messing up a good thing

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Cool Buff Man posted:

Now that I think about it the most promising thing about Ainge drafting Tatum is that he drafted someone who's offense first instead of gritty defense guy who can't shoot

Like I said in the draft thread, its literally the first time they've had an actual 3 sized scoring wing since Paul Pierce. First one Brad Stevens has coached since Gordon Hayward. His production was inflated by playing 4 at Duke. But if he can embrace whatever small role they give him and not letting scoring 20 points in a few games go to his head then he should at least be a nice piece, that would be the silver lining

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Dejan Bimble posted:

They totally alienated butler by letting trade talks go public, and now we get the result. I'm sorry that your team is great at messing up a good thing

im just salty my team wasn't the one who got him!

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dejan Bimble posted:

Yes. It's almost like the Demarcus Cousins trade

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dejan Bimble posted:

Like I said in the draft thread, its literally the first time they've had an actual 3 sized scoring wing since Paul Pierce. First one Brad Stevens has coached since Gordon Hayward. His production was inflated by playing 4 at Duke. But if he can embrace whatever small role they give him and not letting scoring 20 points in a few games go to his head then he should at least be a nice piece, that would be the silver lining

I choose to believe.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dejan Bimble posted:

they loved him in the draft last year and then apparently didn't watch a single game of his in the NBA

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

R.D. Mangles posted:

they loved him in the draft last year and then apparently didn't watch a single game of his in the NBA

To be fair, first year pgs are never good, ever. He still has the tools to be an okay starter. That's cold comfort I know

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
It's multipostional ball handling senior and junior time motherfuckers

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Space Camp fuckup posted:

Oh noooooo

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

It is amazing how this organization alienates every single person that comes in contact with it.

Jimmy Butler was the 30th pick in the draft and worked his rear end off till he became a great 2-way player and the Bulls did nothing but poo poo talk him to the media and trade him for some rotation guys.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Okc Twitter getting owned by old Terrance Ferguson tweets is extremely my poo poo

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Multiple teams in the league: "Hello we are interested in trading for Paul George."
Pacers: "FAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRT"

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Victor Oladipo, Ersan Ilyasova and the 2016 no. 11 overall (Sabonis) --- > Serge Ibaka

Serge Ibaka ---> Terrence Ross and the 2017 25th overall pick

2017 25th overall pick ---> 2020 OKC 1st (top-20 protected for three years, conveys into two second rounders in 2022 and 2023)

SO overall

Oladpio, Illyasova and a no. 11 pick turned into Terrence Ross and two second rounders six and seven years in the future.

The Orlando Magic front office everybody.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Today's outcome is so far favoring my premise that James Dolan is the world's richest retard and Phil Jackson at least kinda knows what he's doing even if he's not into the details

I shouldn't have let y'all talk me into being a normal NY hater. The main dumb stuff he's done so far is speak truthfully about how lovely Melo is

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

EvanTH posted:

Today's outcome is so far favoring my premise that James Dolan is the world's richest retard and Phil Jackson at least kinda knows what he's doing even if he's not into the details

I shouldn't have let y'all talk me into being a normal NY hater. The main dumb stuff he's done so far is speak truthfully about how lovely Melo is

I'm glad you've come around

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

EvanTH posted:

Well I still don't think he did himself any favors re: attracting free agents in the future with all of this, but at least he didn't do something stupid during the draft

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

tanglewood1420 posted:

Victor Oladipo, Ersan Ilyasova and the 2016 no. 11 overall (Sabonis) --- > Serge Ibaka

Serge Ibaka ---> Terrence Ross and the 2017 25th overall pick

2017 25th overall pick ---> 2020 OKC 1st (top-20 protected for three years, conveys into two second rounders in 2022 and 2023)

SO overall

Oladpio, Illyasova and a no. 11 pick turned into Terrence Ross and two second rounders six and seven years in the future.

The Orlando Magic front office everybody.

The best part is that the 2020 OKC pick they got from Philly was also part of an Illyasova trade

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I'm going to go caps a bit because I an genuinely baffled

LAST YEAR THE WOLVES OFFERED #5 AND LAVINE FOR BUTLER WHO WAS RECOVERING FROM A MAJOR INJURY

HOW THE gently caress DID THE WOLVES GET BUTLER A YEAR LATER WITH A RECOVERING LAVINE, 1 YEAR OF TAPE ON DUNN, AND BASICALLY SWAPPED THE NUMBER 7 PICK WITH 16

WHY THE gently caress HOW DID THEY STILL GET A PICK SWAP

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Codependent Poster posted:

Multiple teams in the league: "Hello we are interested in trading for Paul George."
Pacers: "FAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRT"

"Hey guys...a little poo poo came out..."

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

bulls are going to tank next year and then take grayson allen with like the 3rd pick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

They traded Jimmy Butler for this loving geek.

https://twitter.com/MarkkanenLauri/status/878082732529766400

• Locked thread