Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Greywords
Oct 17, 2008

Where we're going, we won't need eyes to Select Warp.

punchymcpunch posted:

shrug i did it regardless. i always use elemental damage if it can be applied at all cos every other stat is pretty marginal, other than ignore defense, which is incredibly easy to cap.

its also possible he's another misty, who ended up having unlisted cold damage on most of her attacks and we didn't find out until someone tested it

Oh dear god, you're going to have me hold Mags until Floor 20 and hope for a lightning immune floor, aren't you?

... and god dammit, I'm going to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Kegslayer posted:

Aren't there suppose to be more Xmen coming? I've been holding off on using tickets incase they're putting another paywall up next month.

We haven't gotten any confirmation but it seems like there has to be if they went through with making these new materials, new bio-types, giving Magneto a mutant-only leadership, etc.

Would guess next update would revolve around Spiderman Homecoming though.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Greywords posted:

Oh dear god, you're going to have me hold Mags until Floor 20 and hope for a lightning immune floor, aren't you?

... and god dammit, I'm going to do it.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

didnt one of the xmens bio event missions explicitly reference gambit? also yeh lol if you think this is it for xmen, nm like money its good you can spend it

i hope next update is spiderman because i really want to t2 michael keaton

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
I want Iceman only because I have some absurdly good cold damage obelisks and no one to put them on.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
I'm the sad guy who read Alpha Flight and hope they get to the D-League of super-teams. They had a few mutants.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

hey does jean do mental damage? cos i have a really good mental dmg obelisk and i dont wanna put it on modok

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

I get Magneto tomorrow :woop:

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity

punchymcpunch posted:

hey does jean do mental damage? cos i have a really good mental dmg obelisk and i dont wanna put it on modok

Pretty sure it's all fire sorry.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Greywords
Oct 17, 2008

Where we're going, we won't need eyes to Select Warp.

Bad news. I can't get you an answer this week. My floor 20 was Carnage, Hawkeye, and GotG. :(

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte
Applied to Doctor Goons as Valleyant. Game's pretty fun so far.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I was once again contemplating leaving my alliance with the only thing holding me back being the one guy I get along great with and chat with and who helped me out when I was a rookie... when I looked and discovered... I'm Alliance Leader?

Best as I can tell the Leader didn't log in for 15 days and it automatically upgraded me yesterday. This is new. I kind of feel bad for the other guy since I feel like I just got a promotion over the guy who trained me at work. I might just transfer it to him if he wants it although I can't tell what the Leader does besides apply for Conquest (which my past leader never did) and kick people not playing (which my leader usually did every week but I see a couple of people who haven't played in weeks).

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

is ol' dildohead any good at t2?

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Who cares t2 him anyway

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

yeh im gonna, i just wanted someone to tell me not to do it first

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

In this crazy mixed up world I would never try to dissuade you from making a dildo hatted man more powerful

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Uhhhhh bros? BROS?

B-bros?!

BRO!

If you don't log in daily for this at the very least, you're a bad. Look at that beautiful day 7 reward for the 7 day check in. BOOM!!!

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

wowee nice

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Oh nice. I just hit that particular crystal wall -- I love how you open up the mission that'll give you a trickle a day then the next step in the quest is 'get 1000.' I'm up to 283 so far. :suicide:

1155 phoenix feathers, though. I'm gonna cap out on them way before I even finish this quest. They're just for T2ing Xpeople, right? And maybe gear for Jean?

Also the secret real benefit of magnetman's mission is the extra bios per day -- 12 energy for 20 bios that go on Dormommy's mouth immediately.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Yeah I'm in the same boat... I've been taking it easy since update (not playing everyday) so I'm a bit slow in just realizing today that I'm going to cap out on feathers long before I'm done with the crystal quest.

Yet I don't want to use them T2'ing people since I have tickets, and besides I'm stuck on the crystal quest so I don't want to spend any on T2'ing since that step is post-Wolverine, so the only thing I can do with the capped feathers is upgrade Wolverine's gears?

It drives me crazy cause they're usually pretty tight with their design; easy fix would be increase that 2k cap, it doesn't seem to incentivize whaling or anything

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yay I hit the crystal cap too today!

Don't forget you can get some from the converter in the lab.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Check out my Wolverine obo, pity he is 5*

I almost ate it so many times, since nearly everyone wants a damage proc.

Remember guys, hoarding always works; I also hoarded 6 T2 tickets so I don't have to worry about feather/crystal mats at all T2'ing X-Men

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
That 300 crystals will be a huge boost, though even with that I am still like 8-10 days from having 1k and being able to finish Wolverine.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

thechalkoutline posted:

Check out my Wolverine obo, pity he is 5*

I almost ate it so many times, since nearly everyone wants a damage proc.

Remember guys, hoarding always works; I also hoarded 6 T2 tickets so I don't have to worry about feather/crystal mats at all T2'ing X-Men

Can someone explain these loving things to me? Like I get one that seems cool at 2*s but if I level the fucker up to 3*s its all out of whack. Is it just random all the way to the top? I don't feel like I've managed to get a single good one.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

Can someone explain these loving things to me? Like I get one that seems cool at 2*s but if I level the fucker up to 3*s its all out of whack. Is it just random all the way to the top? I don't feel like I've managed to get a single good one.

yeah, random all the way to the top. Basically, look for a 1 or 2* obo with the primary stat you want, then upgrade it until you get a good proc as well and put it on someone. If you get a primary and proc you want, don't upgrade further -- use it.

The secondary slot is usually a 'good to have' but sometimes you gotta throw an obo with +fire resist or something on someone because it has the primary and proc you want.

In terms of affixes, first let's point out the stat caps

Dodge rate 75%
Critical rate 75%
Critical damage 200%
Attack speed 130%
Movement speed 130%
Crowd control time decrease 75%
Skill CD time decrease 50%
Elemental damage resist 200%
Recovery rate 250%
Ignore Defense 50%

This is important because Ignore Defense is the single best damage stat in the game but it's relatively easy to cap out on it. Anything about 50% is wasted. This means if you have a decent amount from cards you actually don't want much from an obo because it's a stat you can get from urus too, so some of the obo's potential will be wasted.

Damage has no cap as far as I know, so if you have an elemental attack character like Dormommy that does all fire damage it might be better to get him a +fire rather than ignore defense.

+HP has no cap either, and can be a good choice for people you don't know what to get for. Generally you want more damage, though. I have a +HP, +Recovery Rate, heal proc obo on my wolvie just because I thought it was funny.

Immune to (status effect) have uses, especially immune to guard break (which stops you from getting hitstunned.) It's really good on people that have long animations or iframes on the end of their attacks (carnage?) Immune to snare is okay on a combat hero you're going to use in ABX. Immune to web used to be really good when Silk was the queen of Timeline but now it's pretty poop.

Ignore dodge is pretty okay for one or two people if you know you'll use them on a Racon / Iron Fist boss in SL.

Crit damage and rate are both generically good, and what you usually want to go with if you're close to ignore defence capped.

For the proc, there are two main options -- +damage or invincibility. That obviously depends on whether or not the person wants survivability or straight damage.

A heal proc is ooookay but is kind of a drop in the bucket and people tend to die to burst damage. Same with the shield proc (though I think people like that for high level pvp? shield may also be good if people who can penetrate damage immune get more common.) The freeze proc is actually okay for Shadowlands -- I have one of those on Hellstrom and it really helps for soloing some of the boss stages. It's basically useless elsewhere, though. The shockwave proc is actually downright bad in a lot of cases, since it can bounce the enemy out of range of your attack.

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jun 23, 2017

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
whwat setups are you using for 12-5 through 12-8 to 3 star? Here is my dudes I try to use and I can only get 2 star on 12-6 which means 12-7 will probably wreck me. And 1-2 star on 12-5, 12-6. Any ez win dudes I should look into?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Thank you so much for this. It really helps. I'll start going through my obo's and see what I've got going on. What you wrote is very very helpful though I really appreciate it.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Holyshoot posted:

whwat setups are you using for 12-5 through 12-8 to 3 star? Here is my dudes I try to use and I can only get 2 star on 12-6 which means 12-7 will probably wreck me. And 1-2 star on 12-5, 12-6. Any ez win dudes I should look into?

odin

First time through I cheesed it with Corvus and ran away a lot so his summons could do the bulk of the damage. You only need to pass 12-8 to get Odin; all that 3*ing gets you is the ability to burn a million clear tickets a day farming the drat +energy damage uru. :argh:

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Strange + Sharon should be able to do everything pretty easily, just work on your Strange rotation using the absurdly long iframes on the 4 to buy time between 5s. I did all of chapter 12 with just Strange.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

MarcusSA posted:

Go by the fixed stat. Level up ones with a stat you need then feed other obs to that one till you get whatever procs you want

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

Winner of the 'How Badly Will A Phone Game Milk Us Idiot Cash Cows?' Contest!

Answer: About $70USD for a bad character that unlocks the grind for another.

extra letters: star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-l

Holyshoot posted:

I used Mustache Rulk as my leader for the Surtur levels, but any fire resistance leader will help.

From there I used Strange with Enchantress as backup, and my rotation was the usual Strange rotation: 5, 3, cancel into 2, 3, repeat until 5 has three seconds of cooldown, then 4, cancel into 5.

Enchantress was there in the event that I messed up Strange timing and he needed to heal.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The mistake I think I make with obelisks is upgrading from the top down. So if I have a 4* or 5* I upgrade it to 6*, even if its some lovely mind or cold damage that does me no good because no one has those skills. I have a better selection when I go down to 3* and I should probably look at 2* to see if I have anything fun. I just tend to get lazy with the "Auto Enhance" feature.

I've had no luck with 12-7 or 12-8 with any combination of Sharon Rogers, Stranger, Elsa, Ancient One, Hellstorm, Ghost Rider, Enchantress, Iron Fist, Captain Marvel... I keep plugging along but that burning rear end in a top hat does me in every time.

Speaking of, I've had no luck at all with Hellstorm. I've got him 4/17 and 6 Skill with an 8 iso set but he couldn't do a drat thing in Shadowland this week or help me at all in WBR. I've tried the Loki strategy of hitting the 5 for invulnerability, the 4 for the clone, and then running away. Doesn't work. I've tried going on offense and just hitting 5-4 as much as possible. No luck. What's the trick I'm missing?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

For Strange on Story chapter 12:

5 Star, 2 Star (x4), 4 Star
Rinse, Repeat Until you win.

STAC Goat posted:

Speaking of, I've had no luck at all with Hellstorm. I've got him 4/17 and 6 Skill with an 8 iso set but he couldn't do a drat thing in Shadowland this week or help me at all in WBR. I've tried the Loki strategy of hitting the 5 for invulnerability, the 4 for the clone, and then running away. Doesn't work. I've tried going on offense and just hitting 5-4 as much as possible. No luck. What's the trick I'm missing?

Which levels are you using him on? He completely destroys on the Male Heroes one with Cap, Bucky, and Iron Patriot.

I usually lead with Satana though for the fire boost.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

How's your skill cooldown stat? Loki is at his best when you can be invuln forever because your SCD is maxed or nearly maxed.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think my Skill Cooldown is fine. Can't check right now but I have a couple of 8+% cards in place. I know I can do Sharon's 4-5-3 with no delay, I can do Elsa's 5-4-3 with no delay, and Loki's 3-5-4 with just a couple of seconds in between (but I bring up new clones before the old ones fade away). . Loki's pretty impossible to kill if I'm paying attention. She's just a boring pain when its like Thanos and it takes forever for her to kill him. Lots of running after Rogers, Strange, and IF rip through him.

The Dave posted:

For Strange on Story chapter 12:

5 Star, 2 Star (x4), 4 Star
Rinse, Repeat Until you win.

Which levels are you using him on? He completely destroys on the Male Heroes one with Cap, Bucky, and Iron Patriot.

I usually lead with Satana though for the fire boost.

I mainly just tried him in the Universal floors. I had poo poo luck with Shadowland this week and drew a bunch of floors with no Relay option. Plus while I used to be able to use Thor/GR to take down a Ronan Relay that doesn't seem to work for me anymore, so I was looking for another Universal tool.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jun 23, 2017

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
got the stages with strange,magneto,sharon, just had to play manually on my phone.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

more obo words. ~MY OBO PROCESS~

about once a week when I run out of inventory space and have already compressed as many cards as I can I just go through my 2* obos and look for primary stats that I want. Usually ITGB, maybe fire damage (still looking for a perfect dormy obo), and an HP or crit damage or two just to roll the dice. I have a decent chunk of ignore dodge from cards so I can usually cap people out with uru or gear. I'll upgrade whichever obo until it looks okay -- even if that's just 3*, I have enough characters that SOMEONE one can get use out of it. Usually what happens is I get crap rolls all the way up to 6*, then I can use that 6* to re-roll another 6* with a crap roll, of which I have several sitting around for this purpose. I have a bunch of people with placeholder 3 and 4* obos because I want to get them a perfect one that will never actually happen, but having SOMEthing in the slot is better than nothing.

One other note is on the proc -- the best possible +damage you can get is 200% and the best possible invincibility is 5 seconds with a 10 seconds cooldown. If you get one of those as the proc, even if the primary / secondary aren't really what you want, it might be worth slotting. 50% invincibility on someone like Iron Fist can be a gamechanger.

Hellstrom's main thing is his 5 gives him an invincible buff for a decent chunk o' time. His 3 gathers people up and makes them good targets for his other skills, too. He really benefits from having one or two other people around to tag out between so you can do his 5 then DPS until the buff runs out and tag out. Santana - Hellstrom - Ghost Rider is a team I was using for a long while. Hellstrom and Groot used to do a Loki stage for me -- Hellstrom would die on his own, but I could switch to Groot when he got low, wait a bit for the tag cooldown, then drop his healing circle and swap back. A1 would work for this too.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

What is ITGB?

Also what the hell is the deal with the Rank 6 Black Anti Matter? Do I really need to spend like 80 million gold (yes I know its not that much) upgrading my Rank 1 stuff up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Immune to Guard Break, or hit-stuns.

Yes, it's one of the major gold sinks outside of rolling ISO sets.