Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Rock existed before Pitchfork so I'm pretty sure it's free to continue after it. If Pitchfork isn't writing as much about rock as they used to maybe it's because it's not as popular a genre anymore. Sorry the mere existence of black talent caused an end to the service your whiteness feels entitled to though.

I don't know how you could be a fan of rock music without acknowledging that, far from killing it, black people are mostly responsible for it existing in the first place, but I suppose this dunce has shown it's indeed possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
You guys should move this convo to the music sub it has nothing to do with the state of retail.

Speaking of which:
http://www.businessinsider.com/sears-is-closing-more-stores-2017-6

Sears has announced another round of store closures. 20 total this time. This comes on top of Sears Canada's bankruptcy and closure of 25% of its stores as mentioned further up thread.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2017/06/22/could-another-biz-beat-amazon-whole-foods/103104998/
Rumors are swirling that Walmart is going to launch a bidding war against Amazon for Whole Foods.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Walmart won't. a reason people shop at whole foods is because it isn't Walmart.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

Walmart won't. a reason people shop at whole foods is because it isn't Walmart.

I should have expanded a little on that point. The thinking goes that Walmart does not want to buy Whole Foods.

They simply want to drive the buying price up for Amazon to frustrate them. Walmart after all is 26.2% of the U.S. grocery market with Whole Foods being 1.6%.

ThisIsWhyTrumpWon
Jun 22, 2017

by Smythe

Amused to Death posted:

Because Lorde is awesome and you're too old

I guess so. I'm 28 and a song about not deciding to rebel against the 1% (Royals) is not really something I want to hear. In fact it's the kind of thing on here that would get people asking for her head.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Personally I think due to the rise of streaming, the music industry is alot more fragmented now than ever before. You can find plenty of success as a "niche" artist who barely gets any radio airplay on pop stations which have naturally broadened out to try to lap up as many people as possible from all these little sub-genre's. So you get things like the mostly EDM Chainsmokers getting airplay next to melencholy R&B from the Weeknd next to pop rock Maroon 5 next to Kanye next to whatever the hell Justin Beiber is supposed to be?

However now more than ever its easy to just never have to listen to pop music and focus on a genre or band you personally really like, and its I think maybe somewhat easier to find success without significant radio airplay than it once was. You can still get millions of fans through like spotify streaming etc and while you might not make a ton of money there, it gives you a pretty wide audience who will then go to your actual physical concerts where I think most artists draw most their income from nowadays over album sales.

-Edit-

To talk about retail, with Amazon buying out Whole Foods, I wonder how the New Seasons chain from Portland feels since they just started their expansion out of the Portland market into Seattle, with them opening at least one new location in Ballard, I hope this doesn't backfire because I actually preferred them to Whole Foods when I lived down in Portland and was excited about them moving up North.

Jack2142 fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Jun 23, 2017

ThisIsWhyTrumpWon
Jun 22, 2017

by Smythe

Jack2142 posted:

To talk about retail, with Amazon buying out Whole Foods, I wonder how the New Seasons chain from Portland feels since they just started their expansion out of the Portland market into Seattle, with them opening at least one new location in Ballard, I hope this doesn't backfire because I actually preferred them to Whole Foods when I lived down in Portland and was excited about them moving up North.

The Fresh Market is also infinitely better than Whole Foods and they seem to do a better job at logistics too.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

ThisIsWhyTrumpWon posted:

The Fresh Market is also infinitely better than Whole Foods and they seem to do a better job at logistics too.

Speaking of which, their CEO suddenly bounced: https://consumerist.com/2017/06/20/fresh-market-ceo-resigns-after-two-years/

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
All I know about rock being dead is that there's a big heavy metal resurgence going on. Black Sabbath, Anthrax, Slayer, Testament, Iron Maiden, Exodus, Black Label Society, Lamb of God, Mastodon, Avenged Sevenfold, Disturbed, Five Finger Death Punch, and Volbeat all had their highest-charting albums in the US within their past 2 releases and most broke the top 5.

The type of rock that was popular when Bill & Ted came out was kind of toast by the time Nickelback was popular, and I can't find a year without at least one rock album hitting #1, including 2016 which had 3, so I guess not everyone listens to Drake ft. Rihanna ft. Justin Bieberlake ft. Autotune yet.

BUT as far as how this pertains to the original thing which is capitalism kind of blowing up, here's a good piece:

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2012/09/the-cheapest-generation/309060/

Millennials have no money because they're spending it all on student loan debt, also most of the job growth since the recession has been low-wage low-hour jobs and Gig Economy poo poo with no stability or benefits. They want gadgets instead of cars and houses, they're renting out Zipcars and Uber instead of driving, they're either not buying houses or buying tiny houses, they're buying everything used and flipping stuff to other people instead of throwing it out.

Maybe the retail bubble is just the first step of the whole consumption machine grinding to a halt.

OneEightHundred fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Jun 23, 2017

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I don't have problem with black music. If Pitchfork wanted to promote little known hip hop artists that's fine. They have to some extent with The Weeknd, Danny Brown, Death Grips, and Lil B.

I have a problem with Pitchfork following along and copying what every other magazine is doing just to make themselves look cool and ignoring the rest of the other genres while doing so.

They just gave the new Lorde album a 9.2 despite not giving a rock album a ranking like that in years - which kind of cements my point. They have abandoned the people they claim to serve.

8 of the 26 albums they've awarded "Best New Album" to so far in 2017 are rock albums (Priests, Vagabon, Jay Som, Mount Eerie, Slowdive, Girlpool, Big Thief and (Sandy) Alex G) along with one metal album (Power Trip). Only four have been rap (Vince Staples, Kendrick, RTJ and Migos), and five are "R&B/Pop" (Lorde, SZA, Thundercat, The xx and Perfume Genius). That sounds like a pretty well rounded selection of reviews. (And only two of those 26 got a 9 or higher: Kendrick and Mount Eerie. One rap album, one rock album)

Also, that Lorde album got an 8.8 so mayyyyyyybe check your sources.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

OneEightHundred posted:

BUT as far as how this pertains to the original thing which is capitalism kind of blowing up, here's a good piece:

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2012/09/the-cheapest-generation/309060/

Millennials have no money because they're spending it all on student loan debt, also most of the job growth since the recession has been low-wage low-hour jobs and Gig Economy poo poo with no stability or benefits. They want gadgets instead of cars and houses, they're renting out Zipcars and Uber instead of driving, they're either not buying houses or buying tiny houses, they're buying everything used and flipping stuff to other people instead of throwing it out.

Maybe the retail bubble is just the first step of the whole consumption machine grinding to a halt.

This is exactly what I think is happening, I just never know how widespread that trend really is. It really seems like millennials have more in common with the depression generation than Xers or Boomers though. Those rich bastards.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I have no doubt this series has been plugged already:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOlffr73fuM
But I just finally gave it a watch and it is fascinating. Dead malls of America - unite!

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

OneEightHundred posted:

I would note that you can only realistically use Zipcar especially, but also Uber, as full replacements for your own car if you're in a major city or college town.

Also buying "tiny houses" isn't really a thing much except among the wealthier - they're generally things you buy as a conspicuous consumption thing. What the article talks about there with smaller houses is just plain old normal houses on small lots, in inner ring suburbs and the like. The "tiny house" movement is a whole different thing where you live someplace with about as much living space as a single-wide trailer park home, or maybe a double-wide if you stretch it.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

tiny house movement in nz is for not rich young people and older people because our housing market is hosed. Maybe in the states it's more co opted by the wealthy (burning man vs. Kiwiburn) but like lol at the idea of tiny houses being conspicuous consumption.
https://youtu.be/9F04VQm7Y9s
Literally an altered caravan.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Lampsacus posted:

tiny house movement in nz is for not rich young people and older people because our housing market is hosed. Maybe in the states it's more co opted by the wealthy (burning man vs. Kiwiburn) but like lol at the idea of tiny houses being conspicuous consumption.

You can't have a good idea in the US without it becoming coopted by capitalist vultures always looking for the next thing they can get their disgusting greedy hands on and attempt to market with the help of viral videos and tastemakers.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

DrNutt posted:

You can't have a good idea in the US without it becoming coopted by capitalist vultures always looking for the next thing they can get their disgusting greedy hands on and attempt to market with the help of viral videos and tastemakers.

Luxury shipping container home starting at $350,000. A real thing.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Lampsacus posted:

In the US a "tiny house" is literally what rich doofuses call their gussied-up trailer homes, so as not to associated with the poor and lower middle class who live in normal trailer homes. They also then buy a bunch of specialized custom furniture and even appliances to put in it so they don't have to deal with the small amount of living space as much as normal people have to, which itself costs a lot more.

They're also often plopping their "tiny house" on a normal size lot so that it shows off its small size, when they're not just placing it in the yard of a relative's house. Again, compare this to the normal trailer home that's sited on lots just big enough to fit them with a bunch of other such homes right around, the so-called trailer park design.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
When I said "tiny houses" I meant smaller houses, esp townhouses and small ranch houses, not the movement about throwing a mattress in a toll booth and calling it a house.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

A 1 br apartment is about 1,200 a month, a 2br getting closer to 2,000. A 1br condos are in the 300k range and 2br in the 400-800k range depending on the location. Detatched houses not in a wasteland are pretty much starting at 800k but more typically in the 1 million dollar range. Boomers put everything into their houses and climbing the "property ladder" while fighting for government policies that keep house prices going up, all while not helping their kids pay for education. While the next generation has no housing stability and has to pay all their income towards rent or a mortgage on a micro-condo they could only get because their parents gave them 80k down. (I've heard of so many people who's parents refused to help with school, but said they'd help with the most important thing, a downpayment to get in the property gain since real wealth growth doesn't come from working anymore, it comes entirely from house equity)

I wonder why these drat millenniums are killing retail???

When 50%+ of your income is going to housing and the rest debt payments you don't tend to buy lots of big ticket items all the time.
When you have to move a lot because renters have pretty much no rights you learn not to hoard a lot of useless consumer crap.
When climate change and late stage capitalism make you wonder what sort of legit post-apocalyptic world your kids might inherit, you maybe don't feel comfortable starting a family and continuing the reproduction of labor/consumption.

Baronjutter fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Jun 23, 2017

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

fishmech posted:

They're also often plopping their "tiny house" on a normal size lot so that it shows off its small size, when they're not just placing it in the yard of a relative's house. Again, compare this to the normal trailer home that's sited on lots just big enough to fit them with a bunch of other such homes right around, the so-called trailer park design.

Most of this is local zoning. Also they are now showing up in the trailer parks.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

OneEightHundred posted:

When I said "tiny houses" I meant smaller houses, esp townhouses and small ranch houses, not the movement about throwing a mattress in a toll booth and calling it a house.

Well those aren't tiny, they're just normal houses. Hell, townhouses are quite often downright roomy.

And I'd suspect small ranch house purchasing is mostly just people looking for a cheap older house, or what passes for cheap in places like Silicon Valley where there's barely been new housing development in years, and all the old 60s houses have stayed in place. In another couple decades, the cheap houses to buy would be some rickety 1990s house that's pretty large but looks hopelessly out of style now.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Baronjutter posted:

A 1 br apartment is about 1,200 a month, a 2br getting closer to 2,000.

Trailer site rent in my area is around $1500 right now...

ThisIsWhyTrumpWon
Jun 22, 2017

by Smythe

Baronjutter posted:

A 1 br apartment is about 1,200 a month, a 2br getting closer to 2,000. A 1br condos are in the 300k range and 2br in the 400-800k range depending on the location. Detatched houses not in a wasteland are pretty much starting at 800k but more typically in the 1 million dollar range. Boomers put everything into their houses and climbing the "property ladder" while fighting for government policies that keep house prices going up, all while not helping their kids pay for education. While the next generation has no housing stability and has to pay all their income towards rent or a mortgage on a micro-condo they could only get because their parents gave them 80k down. (I've heard of so many people who's parents refused to help with school, but said they'd help with the most important thing, a downpayment to get in the property gain since real wealth growth doesn't come from working anymore, it comes entirely from house equity)

Only if you live in big cities or the north. In the Midwest and South and certain parts are much more affordable. You can get a decent house for 200k-300k. A 1br apartment can run from $500-$800 depending on how nice you want it. I know two people who've purchased 2-3 bedroom homes for just over 100k that were livable.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Only if you live in big cities or the north. In the Midwest and South and certain parts are much more affordable. You can get a decent house for 200k-300k. A 1br apartment can run from $500-$800 depending on how nice you want it. I know two people who've purchased 2-3 bedroom homes for just over 100k that were livable.

The wages of the average worker are somewhat depressed in those areas. 500-800 is a lot of money to someone on an hourly job, especially now that full-time is a thing of the past and you can't ever be entirely certain how many hours you're going to get.

Baronjutter posted:

I wonder why these drat millenniums are killing retail???

When 50%+ of your income is going to housing and the rest debt payments you don't tend to buy lots of big ticket items all the time.
When you have to move a lot because renters have pretty much no rights you learn not to hoard a lot of useless consumer crap.
When climate change and late stage capitalism make you wonder what sort of legit post-apocalyptic world your kids might inherit, you maybe don't feel comfortable starting a family and continuing the reproduction of labor/consumption.

Soon the robots will come and there won't be a market for anything because we'll all be loving broke. My generation is going to die a miserable death, but at least we'll get to see capitalism commit suicide. :retrogames:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Baronjutter posted:

God drat this hits hard.

Don't forget "Landlords raising rent absurd amounts when leases expire" to add to the list of "why you have to move a lot"

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Baronjutter posted:

I met my wife on ICQ

:kiddo:

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

WampaLord posted:

God drat this hits hard.

Don't forget "Landlords raising rent absurd amounts when leases expire" to add to the list of "why you have to move a lot"

That's what he meant by "renters have no rights"

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

HEY NONG MAN posted:

It's really fantastic, we have a pretty ok set of tenants rights on paper. Usually rights are not something you can sign away, but landlords all figured out to add a checkbox saying your lease is 1 year and you can never go monthly and once that year is up you're treated as a brand new tenant. So essentially all protections regarding eviction, yearly rent increases, giving tenants notice, they're all out the window because of one weird trick. Oh and the government refuses to fix it because the housing minister is also a big landlord and they're basically funded by political donations from landlords and developers.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

HEY NONG MAN posted:

Oh there's sooooo much more than that. If you do live in a place with strong rent control, your landlord can still goad you into moving by refusing to fix things or even actively damaging your appliances/plumbing/whatever they think will work. I had an apartment with no glass in the windows for several months, because of "repairs." A friend of mine once caught her landlord seeding her apartment with cockroaches to try and get her to leave.

Nothing you can't afford to sue about is illegal.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
This is only tangentially related, but something to keep in mind when talking about moving is that the average person will only move about 11 times during their life, but 6 times by the time they turn thirty. In other words, most people are going to move more before they turn thirty than they will for the entire rest of their lives. Also, the wealthier you are, the less likely you are to move often. White people also move less often than other demographics, but that probably goes along with white people being wealthier on average.

Anyway, point is that moving a lot is really something you do when you're younger and poorer and less as you get older and wealthier. If that's becoming less true (the younger part, at least) now, then that's probably having a lot of knock on effects in other areas. Moving around for work or because rent is too expensive isn't something that people in their thirties were really expected to do in the past.

ThisIsWhyTrumpWon
Jun 22, 2017

by Smythe

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

The wages of the average worker are somewhat depressed in those areas. 500-800 is a lot of money to someone on an hourly job, especially now that full-time is a thing of the past and you can't ever be entirely certain how many hours you're going to get.

They're less depressed and much more affordable than big cities.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Paradoxish posted:

This is only tangentially related, but something to keep in mind when talking about moving is that the average person will only move about 11 times during their life, but 6 times by the time they turn thirty. In other words, most people are going to move more before they turn thirty than they will for the entire rest of their lives. Also, the wealthier you are, the less likely you are to move often. White people also move less often than other demographics, but that probably goes along with white people being wealthier on average.

Anyway, point is that moving a lot is really something you do when you're younger and poorer and less as you get older and wealthier. If that's becoming less true (the younger part, at least) now, then that's probably having a lot of knock on effects in other areas. Moving around for work or because rent is too expensive isn't something that people in their thirties were really expected to do in the past.

poo poo I just counted it up and I've already moved 13 times in my life. It fuckin' sucks.

Can't wait to see the weird racist take you come up with for this topic.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

poo poo I just counted it up and I've already moved 13 times in my life. It fuckin' sucks.

The longest I've stayed in any one place since moving to college has been 2 years. It's impossible to put down a foothold when you don't have a stable job.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Can't wait to see the weird racist take you come up with for this topic.

Same. Six or seven times as a kid and then another six as an adult.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Depressed in that a fresh-out, no experience programmer is going to earn $60K, and someone with a few years under their belt is going to earn $90K instead of 150/200 respectively in San Francisco, but you can actually buy a house and support a family on that single salary, since literally everything is cheaper.

My wife is a stay at home mom, we have a nice house, 2 new-ish cars, no debt other than the mortgage, and I earn probably half of what someone in a major metro would earn doing my job (Product Manager for an entire division). It's me, I'm the bougie suburbanite.

big trivia FAIL fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jun 23, 2017

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

WampaLord posted:

The longest I've stayed in any one place since moving to college has been 2 years. It's impossible to put down a foothold when you don't have a stable job.

That's so true, and I think people who are in a stable living situation have no idea how bad it's gotten and how fast it's changed. Not only have rents skyrocketed - my first LA apartment now rents for double what I paid five-ish years ago - but landlords can afford to make moving in insanely expensive - first, last, and a security deposit equal to a month's rent is now standard, which means you'd better have 6-8k on hand to move into a one bedroom in a lot of neighborhoods, and they're starting to request proof of income that's triple or quadruple the price of rent.

So to rent a studio apartment in Hollywood, going for about 1500 these days, you need to be making 72,000 a year.

Incidentally anyone living in LA and dealing with lovely tenant situations hit me up on PMs, because there are some really beneficial laws and sources of help that a lot of other cities don't have - like if your landlord no-fault evicts you from a rent-controlled place they owe you a serious chunk of change, thousands sometimes.

Edit for thread relevancy: How the gently caress do you source retail workers in an area where rents are that high? Every time I happen to talk to someone in a lovely low-wage job about where they live they're driving two or more hours each direction to get to work, and that's just about the maximum that's possible, I think. Any farther than that and you're going broke on gas and hugely likely to miss work for any number of reasons.

Tiny Brontosaurus fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jun 23, 2017

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

big trivia FAIL posted:

Depressed in that a fresh-out, no experience programmer is going to earn $60K, and someone with a few years under their belt is going to earn $90K instead of 150/200 respectively in San Francisco, but you can actually buy a house and support a family on that single salary, since literally everything is cheaper.

Because... everyone is a programmer?

Like, this is a pretty weird response when the median salary for a developer is close to or above the national median household income. Developers are fairly well paid wherever you go in the US. That doesn't say anything about wages for everyone else.

I mean, of course you can buy a house when you're making more on your own than a full-time, dual income household.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Yeah. Landlords are just choosing to charge less for no reason.

big trivia FAIL posted:

My wife is a stay at home mom, we have a nice house, 2 new-ish cars, no debt other than the mortgage, and I earn probably half of what someone in a major metro would earn doing my job (Product Manager for an entire division). It's me, I'm the bougie suburbanite.

That's great- if you have a college education, or a job to apply it to. Many people in rural America have neither.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Yeah. Landlords are just choosing to charge less for no reason.

That's great- if you have a college education, or a job to apply it to. Many people in rural America have neither.

Yeah, and everyone in the world can't be programmers. Pushing that as The Only Job is only going to depress salaries in that field, and then you'll be right down here with the rest of us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

When you have a huge house you really feel you need to fill it, often with garbage. It's always shocking to me just how much poo poo people manage to hoard as part of the typical middle class lifestyle. Families of 3-4 with 3,000 sqft houses that can't park in their garages because there's soooo much poo poo they've collected. Their kids don't just have bedrooms they have a designated play room because they have so many toys they can't all fit in one room. Dad has his "man cave" with a huge TV and bar setup, there's also a family room with a huge TV setup as well, plus a TV in the kitchen and all bedrooms, all with digital cable boxes and PVR's and poo poo. There's a formal dining room no one ever uses, but it needs to be fully furnished. The kitchen is huge, there are so many appliances. Every possible bulky single-use kitchen tool imaginable is stored somewhere in these dozens of cabinets, all to be used once or twice a year, if ever at all. There's a boat and trailer a ton of fishing poo poo, and a motorcycle and related poo poo, and there's 3 cars some how and a bunch of car related tools but no one in the house actually works on the cars. Everyone has 20 hobbies and all the related gear and supplies but many aren't touched for years at a time. There's never this idea that your house is full, or you have all the things you need. You should be always buying, like there's some sort of consumption budget you need to spend every quarter or the money will be lost. Buy a new coffee maker because you didn't buy anything nice this month, you don't need one, your old one works fine, but this new one looks cooler. Buy a 5th TV because it's on sale, you don't really need it, but it was on sale you could stick it in the guest bedroom. Just always be buying.

And this was just the standard model middle class boomers followed. You bought a house, you filled it to bursting with stuff, then you'd trade up to a bigger house and fill it with even more stuff. They had the income, the floor space, and the stability to do this. People now don't have any of those, they also don't have as much free time. So no poo poo they're going to buy a lot less and buy things online, saving them time.

Baronjutter fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jun 23, 2017