Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Cinnamon Bear posted:

i went to grad school with an idiot who got hired by the cia. there was a mosque near the campus and he'd always cross the street so he wouldn't be walking near it because he was afraid they would kill him. they operated an awesome bbq restaurant next door and he'd freak out anytime post-conference dinners would be held there because they might "poison his food".

imagine if you will an organization staffed by the failsons and daughters of the elite, each convinced they are smarter than everyone else in the room, with no oversight and completely unwilling to accept any responsibility

sounds like the boardroom of every Silicon Valley startup ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Raskolnikov38 posted:

sounds like the boardroom of every Silicon Valley startup ever

Hillarious Clinton posted:

Use me like an app

:thunk:

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Cinnamon Bear posted:

i went to grad school with an idiot who got hired by the cia. there was a mosque near the campus and he'd always cross the street so he wouldn't be walking near it because he was afraid they would kill him. they operated an awesome bbq restaurant next door and he'd freak out anytime post-conference dinners would be held there because they might "poison his food".

imagine if you will an organization staffed by the failsons and daughters of the elite, each convinced they are smarter than everyone else in the room, with no oversight and completely unwilling to accept any responsibility

imagine the same people but they're all mormons

that's the nsa

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I like Chuck :shobon:

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

https://twitter.com/cuckertarlson/status/877883503739895808
This party has no room for pointless purity testing. These neoliberals need to shut up and vote for the berniebros.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Nanomashoes posted:

This party has no room for pointless purity testing. These neoliberals need to shut up and vote for the berniebros.

They must be destroyed, TBH.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
politico had a piece on the jane sanders/burlington college issue today, but the real money quote:

quote:

Trump has yet to make a nomination, but his firing of former FBI Director James Comey and his comments about Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein may lead an observer to believe he expects political fealty, if not loyalty, from his top prosecutors.

Just who could Trump appoint that might fit that bill? Among the names mentioned as a potential nominee: Brady Toensing, the attorney who proved his dedication as Trump’s Vermont campaign chairman.

lol trump is literally gonna use the justice department to go after bernie & his wife

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

go away

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Oh cool! Gene Hackman Fan is here again. I wonder what he post-oh it's Concerned Citizen...

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Concerned Citizen posted:

politico had a piece on the jane sanders/burlington college issue today, but the real money quote:

lol trump is literally gonna use the justice department to go after bernie & his wife
:confused:This is the most confusing take:confused:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

nah he belongs here

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Nanomashoes posted:

the schism/faction thing in the party is irrevocable, at this point... there's not going to be any dem electoral victories for the near future bc so many berdies won't vote for bad dems anymore while lanyards are sticking with their corporate-donors-and-pragmatic-baby-steps-are-just-fine-and-who-needs-single-payer-anyway scripts.

I guess some of the congressional races in 2018 will garner votes from both types of dems, especially where there aren't primary contests, but the next presidential race is prolly a lost cause. Warren & Franken are kinda feet-in-both-camps (rather, they're perceived that way) but there's no way Perez et al. are gonna turn their trite pap and trump-bad reflexes into a united and victorious party in the next few years.

THANKS, OBERNIE

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

ThndrShk2k posted:

:confused:This is the most confusing take:confused:

brady toensing is the person who sent the justice department a letter alleging that jane sanders committed bank fraud, and he also is on a personal crusade to destroy sanders, thus if he was appointed by trump he would almost certainly move to indict

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

he also is on a personal crusade to destroy sanders

he'll have to take a number and wait in line.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

brady toensing is the person who sent the justice department a letter alleging that jane sanders committed bank fraud, and he also is on a personal crusade to destroy sanders, thus if he was appointed by trump he would almost certainly move to indict
I meant more of a long winded politico article having a 1 off pipedream of weird wokeness.

And then trying to validate it.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Willa Rogers posted:

the schism/faction thing in the party is irrevocable, at this point... there's not going to be any dem electoral victories for the near future bc so many berdies won't vote for bad dems anymore while lanyards are sticking with their corporate-donors-and-pragmatic-baby-steps-are-just-fine-and-who-needs-single-payer-anyway scripts.

I guess some of the congressional races in 2018 will garner votes from both types of dems, especially where there aren't primary contests, but the next presidential race is prolly a lost cause. Warren & Franken are kinda feet-in-both-camps (rather, they're perceived that way) but there's no way Perez et al. are gonna turn their trite pap and trump-bad reflexes into a united and victorious party in the next few years.

THANKS, OBERNIE

:agreed:

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Willa Rogers posted:

THANKS, OBERNIE

Nah only 2% of dems or something real low like that actually dislike Bernie, they're just really loud and dumb on twitter.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Can't wait for Jane Sanders to do 72 hours of senate questioning and become a hero then win the presidency.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Willa Rogers posted:

THANKS, OBERNIE

It's not a circular firing squad anymore, yeah. It's two armies having a civil war with each other while a foreign invader sacks their capitol. It's probably best for the Democratic party that it ends sooner than later. Since the centrists are inevitably going to lose, they really should have just surrendered after losing to Trump.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

feel the bern

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Willa Rogers posted:

THANKS, OBERNIE

ya it owns

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Willa Rogers posted:

THANKS, OBERNIE

2018 is going to be a wash unless these programs to find candidates actually dig up some human beings to run. if 2020 doesn't give us a unity ticket/candidate I don't think the party can recover

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Willa Rogers posted:

THANKS, OBERNIE

98% of people who don't tweet don't give a poo poo and just want to show up for someone who'll tell them straight up that they're not going to gently caress them without explaining how it'll be means tested.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Bip Roberts posted:

98% of people who don't tweet don't give a poo poo and just want to show up for someone who'll tell them straight up that they're not going to gently caress them without explaining how it'll be means tested.

lol at the ca dems delegate elections I had people asking me who I supported in the primaries before they would vote

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lol at the ca dems delegate elections I had people asking me who I supported in the primaries before they would vote

yeah i'd say the kinds of people who go to delegate elections fall into the 2% category

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/lhfang/status/878029273247776768

https://twitter.com/lhfang/status/878029517662572544

primary every last one of these absolute motherfuckers

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

It's more than a twitter slapfest. It's happening among party leadership, local parties, party state conventions, dem consultants, dem blogs and dem-sided media.

They might be the 2 percent but they have an outsized effect on party messaging, principles, platform, and congressional direction, and it ultimately trickles down to voters.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Let the democrats die and something better be reborn from the ashes

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Cinnamon Bear posted:

It doesn't work that way though. If you want leftist policy from the left leaning party in the US you need people supporting that policy to win first. If everyone loses that proves nothing.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
what if the secret was that i wasn't punching my own dick hard enuff?!?

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Bip Roberts posted:

It doesn't work that way though. If you want leftist policy from the left leaning party in the US you need people supporting that policy to win first. If everyone loses that proves nothing.

Okay, primary all centrist dems instead.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Okay, primary all centrist dems instead.

Yes, absolutely. Also win.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/NuclearTakes/status/878089922493562881

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
https://twitter.com/ddddarby/status/877952289016758272

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

FuriousxGeorge posted:

It's not a circular firing squad anymore, yeah. It's two armies having a civil war with each other while a foreign invader sacks their capitol. It's probably best for the Democratic party that it ends sooner than later. Since the centrists are inevitably going to lose, they really should have just surrendered after losing to Trump.

The Yugoslavian Communists under Tito were fighting their own civil war with royalists & the Ustase in the middle of Nazi occupation, so I guess what I'm saying is we need America to be liberated by *looks at notes in palm* China?

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
is there a political cartoonist i can cheaply commission for a drawing of a donkey sucking his own cock while an elephant kicks him in the rear end repeatedly?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Cinnamon Bear posted:

no lets take all their poo poo instead

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

tfw when you discover dems are so loyal you can get 38% of the vote even if you have no actual candidate

our democracy is a giant farce

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Mutant Standard posted:

is there a political cartoonist i can cheaply commission for a drawing of a donkey sucking his own cock while an elephant kicks him in the rear end repeatedly?

Carlos latuff

e: google latuff goku if you don't believe me but it's :nws:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Willa Rogers posted:

THANKS, OBERNIE

thank god we've got people like you telling us a year and a half in advance to lie down and die. you should write mailers for the DCCC

• Locked thread