Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Septic Tank Gulag
Jun 19, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1id8zzyyok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

i have a spare key if anyone wants to buy it

Septic Tank Gulag
Jun 19, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
wall type: wind wall - storm wall - sand wall
difficulty: easiest - medium - hardest
needed: engines - metal ship - crew for repairs & ideally a compass for orientation

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

sweet i just put engines on my poo poo, gonna bust through a windwall tonight

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

FileNotFound posted:

What about when I find frames or incomplete ships lying around - any way I could steal/salvage those?
If they have an intact core and helm and aren't dug into the ground yet you might be able to get a shipyard to tractor beam them by trying to lift the ship.

There will be a future patch to let you salvage those derelicts though.

Septic Tank Gulag
Jun 19, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

queeb posted:

i have a spare key if anyone wants to buy it
Got a friend asking how much? KrakenCocaine #5028 on discord

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

just the retail price, 30 bones or whatever it was.

Septic Tank Gulag
Jun 19, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

queeb posted:

just the retail price, 30 bones or whatever it was.
it's $35, I'll tell him

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
A big :tipshat: to all the wonderful people in TSA who are currently harvesting tears aplenty, fine work gentlegoons

I'm currently tooling around on EU until I have a firm grasp on the ins and outs, then I'll pop my head in and keep the skies clean with y'all if you'll have me

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
So after painstakingly sailboating my way between islands, I finally approached the knowledge mark to get engines. Landed my craft on a scenic little island that had swarms of manta rays flying around it. These things haven't really bothered me before and are content to derp around doing their best Morrowind cliffracer impression so I didn't think much of it.

I find an abandoned shipyard, claim it, and there's a component creator next to it too. Sure, it's balanced a little precariously towards the edge of a cliff, but I figure physics are on my side and I can probably catch whatever falls off the edge before it vanishes for good.

I'm just about to install my engines - the first one falls off the cliff and I'm too slow to catch it, of course - and the rays start going apeshit. They start bumping me around, I blast them and keep running out of bullets, eventually I have to sandwich myself under the wreckage of another ship just to stop them from taking a chunk out of me.

I finally weld the second engine onto my ship and I'm off! gently caress you, manta rays!

Except they've just formed a gigantic swarm behind me and now the cloud is thick with the fuckers. Screw it, I'm probably faster than them!

I'm not. One of them latches onto the ship and starts eating my personal spawnpoint. No you don't, you bastard! I release the helm, grapple onto the deck, grab my gun and start shooting it in the face!

After a couple of rounds it turns to flee and as it does, it drags me off the ship too. I freak the gently caress out as I'm now flailing around the bottom of the ship, blasting away as my craft continues at full speed without me at the helm. A ray materialises from nowhere and then janks off into nothingness after taking another shot.

I spend the next two minutes desperately trying to rodeo my way back onto my motorised dinghy, physics launching me like a cannon every now and again to remind me that even my own ship hates me. After a torturous couple of attempts, I'm finally back on board and grab the helm.

Something's wrong. The island my ship is heading towards looks horribly familiar.

Due to all my panicked attempts to re-board my ship, the ship has listed to one side and turned 180 degrees to fly right back at Horrible Manta Ray Island. I see the swarms of them in the distance and a cold sweat breaks out. I finally manage to wrestle my ship back into working order, don a new set of underwear, and swear never to return to that godforsaken place.

I've got footage of the whole horrible affair, I'll do something with it tomorrow.

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010
Got a key today thanks to Queeb.

If anyone else has one for sale please PM me. Trying to get some friends and fellow Goons on.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I'm guessing that the beta packs are sold out now?

Website won't sell it to me because I am in Australia. Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

If Aussies are not IP blocked from the server itself I will happily buy a code if someone has one.

Raged fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Jun 22, 2017

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Ugggh just burned through the last 10 pages and I want this game so bad. It's a fountian of tears and shenanigans without the eve time commitment.

If anyone wants to sell a key ill probably be up for a ingame hand jibber

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Some chopped up footage of my manta horror:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=167Hn-TErp4

Not featured: About 10 more attempts to board the ship going horribly wrong

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

More keys this friday.

quote:

Bossa Oli - Today at 8:18 AM
@everyone Great news travellers! The next batch of Founder’s Packs will be available this Friday at 5 pm BST / 9 am PDT / Noon EDT / 6 pm CEST!!! Right before the week-end! :smiley:

Also new US and EU servers.

E: We're on US East.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Jun 22, 2017

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Kylra posted:

More keys this friday.

poo poo.. Anyone playing from Australia or Asia know how bad the lag is to US east?

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Man US servers feel way more populous than EU. I could fly to a bunch of islands and not see anyone at all on EU, on the US I've had no less than three people run up to me and one dude grapple onto my ship while I was taking off.

He asked if I would take him to the windwall and then fire my cannon so he could grapple to the cannonball and get to T2. I politely declined because A) That sounds like the most improbable bullshit in the world, B) The gun is just for show and has no ammo and C) My ship looks like this:

Yeah that ain't gonna survive a windwall. I then slowly made my way to the next island I wanted to visit and when he went AFK, still grappled to my deck, he got forcibly detached and launched into the sky. Good riddance.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Songbearer posted:

He asked if I would take him to the windwall and then fire my cannon so he could grapple to the cannonball and get to T2. I politely declined because A) That sounds like the most improbable bullshit in the world, B) The gun is just for show and has no ammo and C) My ship looks like this:
It works and you don't even need to be in the wind wall. Just be next to it at max height, fire your cannon horizontally or maybe a bit elevated (for max distance) so he can grapple a cannonball, and then he's off to hopefully get far enough through to spawn in the next area.

Cannon ammo is also cheap and be made out of whatever.

Works best with high power cannons. I don't know if a t1 would do it as I haven't tried.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Jun 22, 2017

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

I really want to make the cannonball grapple work for boarding distant ships - sadly I suck at it.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Haha well now I feel like a jerk for not believing that guy, and holy poo poo there really are some cool things about the game if cannonball grapples are real. That's crazy. It just sounded so out there that I assumed he was looking for an easy victim.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Wait, there are stairs now? :eyepop:

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Songbearer posted:

I assumed he was looking for an easy victim.

You should always assume that. In less than 9 hours played I have stolen 2 ships, survived an attack and a boarding attempt.

When I see a person I immediately consider them as a threat. Plus I have found that the best way to harvest resources is to loot them from backpacks.

Septic Tank Gulag
Jun 19, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Raged posted:

Ugggh just burned through the last 10 pages and I want this game so bad. It's a fountian of tears and shenanigans without the eve time commitment.

If anyone wants to sell a key ill probably be up for a ingame hand jibber
The next batch of Founder’s Packs will be available this Friday at 5 pm BST / 9 am PDT / Noon EDT / 6 pm CEST!

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

pokenob123 - Today at 3:58 PM
I have a quick question about the passes, how much do they usually cost?
Hanger Hangar - Today at 3:59 PM
Free. But goons normally just do whatever anyways, since you know goons.
pokenob123 - Today at 4:00 PM
...Goons?
Rendon - Windwall Peasant - Today at 4:00 PM
did anyone else just get disconnected:never connected?
Hanger Hangar - Today at 4:00 PM
could you specify which pass?
pokenob123 - Today at 4:00 PM
Either the Wanderer or explorer
Hanger Hangar - Today at 4:01 PM
oh lol, talking about different passes.

Septic Tank Gulag
Jun 19, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
this game should be called Steampunk Spiderman

Check this beast out:

I like their style (check the chat logs)

Septic Tank Gulag fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jun 22, 2017

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ok then

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Kylra posted:

More keys this friday.

ill try and grab one thanks

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Dammit. Want to throw money away and this is not for money tossing yet.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Pistols are OP as hell.

We sunk a ship last night with me just dangling under it and spinning around while using the pistol to shoot out the engines - 3 of the 4 enemy crew were trying to shoot me but with the speed I moved at and with berries to recover my health they could not hit me - but I had zero issues hitting the massive stationary engines.

Best part of course is that they were super mad.

Game is 10/10.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
thats unintentional, bossa's nerfing that p soon

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
If they had used 1 of their crew for repairing instead of shooting you they'd have won eventually.

Seems like they deserved to lose there.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
1:45 till I can try to sneak in with a vpn to snag a pack

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Pavlov posted:

If they had used 1 of their crew for repairing instead of shooting you they'd have won eventually.

Seems like they deserved to lose there.

They should have killed me when I casually walked up to their docked ship and grappled on the bottom before our ship started lobbing cannon balls at them but I don't think they had any expectation of being engaged - even though that same ship tried to cannon ball board us earlier.

We freak out and open fire as soon as we see people or ships get anywhere near us - it confuses me when others don't.

It's ok. We will teach them to be paranoid soon enough.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
What's the radius like on bombs and how do they work? Remote detonation? How possible would it be to make a ship that's entirely light framework, big engines, and a poo poo ton of placed explosives for some suicidal fun?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
timed explosives are placed while you're standing on a solid surface, they have a short timer during which defenders can attempt to pick them up and put them out before they go boom

this game does not yet possess the capacity for demolition ships

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Did I already miss the keys? :(

[Edit: Apparently 1 hour from this post, because I'm an idiot and timezones are hard.]

Internet Explorer fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jun 23, 2017

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
more keys come out friday

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Today is Friday

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

queeb posted:

Today is Friday

Oh man, it's like I just woke up from a bad dream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Is there anything in the top 2 founders packs that are worth the extra moola?