Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

cakesmith handyman posted:

Saw that as a convertible at first...

Tell you the truth, I would rock a forester convertible. Would look better than the murano vert at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bajaha posted:

Tell you the truth, I would rock a forester convertible. Would look better than the murano vert at least.

If anyone is gonna build one it's probably you.

So get on that poo poo.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

hi guys

steam sale

buh bye

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

hi guys

steam sale

buh bye

Well I guess that means no more nerd posts for a month

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

you'll still be posting so all our bases are covered

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

My wallet was already crying. Only drawback of the Interceptor, rubber ain't cheap, and I just had for BFG T/As put on.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

poo poo that's a lot of stuff on sale.

Do I buy video games or do I buy an 86

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Kazinsal posted:

poo poo that's a lot of stuff on sale.

Do I buy video games or do I buy an 86

AE86? Buy car.

GT86? Buy games.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Josh Lyman posted:

Indiana roads are turbogarbage though.

You can buy a lot of car, hotel stays and gas with house money though... ROAD TRIPPPPPPPPPPPPP (away from Indiana as far as possible)

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Boys who love airplanes :respek: Boys who love boys
Lipstick Apathy

Olympic Mathlete posted:

AE86? Buy car.

GT86? Buy games.
Lol.

Too hot to wrench this weekend better buy games.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Must be getting more confident on the bike
People have started giving me way less room when overtaking

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

monsterzero posted:

Lol.

Too hot to wrench this weekend better buy games.

Whatever it takes to justify it.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Na we'll have to post about what games we bought, how we like them, what we wish was on sale, how bad the steam servers are struggling and a hundred other things.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Josh Lyman posted:

I've been watching Doug DeMuro's "reviews" and while entertaining, they got me thinking that I screwed myself when I sold my 1997 4Runner SR5 in January.

-214k miles, powertrain in good shape
-Valve gasket cover needed replacing
-Radio antenna doesn't automatically telescope
-Significant damage to front bumper
-Moderate damage to rear left bumper and quarter panel
-Wobble to rear left wheel that a local auto shop said was a damaged axle/hub requiring upwards of $1,000 to replace
-Also the airbags were deployed in a driver-side collision and never replaced (windshield and left door were replaced).

It sold within like 12 hours of my listing it for $1100.

wow, that looks to be in 10x better shape than one that sold around here for $8500.
You goofed.

Edit: I just noticed the rear damage but still...

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

NitroSpazzz posted:

Na we'll have to post about what games we bought, how we like them, what we wish was on sale, how bad the steam servers are struggling and a hundred other things.

...how Titanfall 2 is the best FPS for a long time

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
better than doom 2016?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Bullshit.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

BraveUlysses posted:

better than doom 2016?

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
It's got more replay value than Doom, but I don't know if I'd say it's better

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

What are you lookin at...
Post your AW11 and tell me how magical it is with a supercharger

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

It was entertaining but not worth the price of admission.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

BraveUlysses posted:

better than doom 2016?

I have Doom and played it after T2. It feels like a backward step in terms of movement system, combat, speed, weapon feel... Doom is a drat fine game, very pretty and technically fantastic but it's not as fun to play to me, it's still very much a dumb FPS from back in the day.

Also T2's multiplayer shits all over Doom's from a great height, no contest.

I say this as someone who played Doom back in the day on a 486, DX25 and has much love for the series; Titanfall 2 is the better FPS.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Titanfall 2 is good but Overwatch is better team shooter

PUBG is also extremely good though I guess all three of these are technically different sub genres of FPS?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Titanfall 2 is good but Overwatch is better team shooter

PUBG is also extremely good though I guess all three of these are technically different sub genres of FPS?

I tried Overwatch but couldn't get into it, it felt too floaty and cartoony and none of the weaponry was satisfying. That and shooting people just plinked off them until they fell over. I had it for the free weekend and spanked it for a solid day to see if it was something I could get into but those things and the whole gift box collectathon bullshit turned me right off it. I can certainly see why people play it but it's pretty much everything I don't like in a shooter.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Overwatch plays like a lovely MOBA adapted to look like a first person shooter, complete with terrible matchmaking, questionable "balance", retarded pubbies, and ten year olds screaming racial slurs.

It set out to accomplish its goal: Make Blizzard MOBA grade money while being unique enough to spawn a shitload of even worse clones that do nothing but bolster the popularity of the original.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Kazinsal posted:

Overwatch plays like a lovely MOBA adapted to look like a first person shooter, complete with terrible matchmaking, questionable "balance", retarded pubbies, and ten year olds screaming racial slurs.

It set out to accomplish its goal: Make Blizzard MOBA grade money while being unique enough to spawn a shitload of even worse clones that do nothing but bolster the popularity of the original.

Overwatch is bad, but it is also in no way a MOBA. Stop saying Overwatch is a MOBA. It's badness stands on it's own.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

wow, that looks to be in 10x better shape than one that sold around here for $8500.
You goofed.

Edit: I just noticed the rear damage but still...
Maybe the pictures don't do the damage justice, but in retrospect I guess the rest of it was in decent shape for a '97, though the white paint had grey specs all over. The interior was cloth so didn't have cracking like leather would have, but the A/C would sometimes emit this sort of "mist" that wasn't condensation.

There had been no major maintenance performed other than replacing the tires and oil changes in the 10.5 years and 66k miles I owned it, in large part because I constantly anticipated I would be replacing it.

The car was in 3 "major" accidents: 1) I hit a patch of black ice on an overpass and hit the guard rail with my front, 2) I was hit on the driver's side which deployed the airbags and required replacement of the door, windshield, and a lot of work under the running board, 3) I lost traction on a slick off/on ramp and I slid into the cement barrier.

1) This caused the front of the engine compartment to bend in very slightly to where the hood wouldn't latch until I had someone "pull" the bend back out using a winch.

2) The replacement door was mounted a fraction of an inch off and just barely sealed keep out rain. I eventually discovered the window glass was slightly misaligned so while going down, it would grab onto the rubber seal and you had to play with it up/down the last few inches. A friend of a friend gave me a deal on the repair work and had already taken almost a month so I don't think I was going to get these annoyances fixed without additional payment.

3) This was the killer. In addition to the fender damage, which my roommate and I did some hammer work on just so the tailgate could open, the rear left wheel wobbled. It was initially very small so I just left it (again assuming I would replace the car any day now), but after a few years it got so bad that someone pulled up next to me at a red light to say the wheel was wobbling. At this point, checking the wobble for the first time in a long while, it had gotten quite bad. The car could still drive on the highway, but that was the impetus for me selling it.

The $1,000 axle repair, plus valve cover gasket that had been leaking for ages, plus power steering that was sometimes stiff for the first few minutes after starting up, plus the gas mileage dropping to 16 mpg, plus the 21 year old interior, plus the fact there were no longer airbags... I guess the more I think about it, the more I just wanted out.

As for the price, that $8500 number sounds crazy to me. Here in Atlanta, listings like these under $3,000 are presumably too high since they're still up:
https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/6178935332.html
https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/6172195286.html

I guess it's still better than spending $36,000 on an Altima.

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jun 23, 2017

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Kazinsal posted:

Pfffft git gud scrub

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

I bought both Metro Redux games for 6 bux each, buy that instead!

Also what are good pads and rotors for a daily driver? I'm going to try my hand at replacing my rear set on my own for the first time :angel:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

a primate posted:

I bought both Metro Redux games for 6 bux each, buy that instead!

Also what are good pads and rotors for a daily driver? I'm going to try my hand at replacing my rear set on my own for the first time :angel:

i went with akebono ceramic for my e46 and i love how much less dust they put off than metallic pads

rotors don't really matter that much

overwatch is terrible, i couldn't even bother to play more than 2 hours when it was free

OBAMNA PHONE fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jun 23, 2017

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Rainbow Six: Siege is the best FPS, but you often live and die by your team's skill as much as your own. And Ubisoft's servers aren't always the most reliable...

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

The Door Frame posted:

Rainbow Six: Siege is the best FPS, but you often live and die by your team's skill as much as your own. And Ubisoft's servers aren't always the most reliable...

I too enjoy this game. I'm hot garbage though because I don't play consistently.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Josh Lyman posted:

the A/C would sometimes emit this sort of "mist" that wasn't condensation.

You sure that wasn't fog? That's pretty common if the evaporator is on the verge of freezing up (which is commonly caused by being a bit low on refrigerant).

If it didn't have a chemical smell, that's probably what was going on.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

There should be another Unreal Tournament

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

That moment when you order a compressor from someone in Texas, who claims it's shipping from less than 100 miles away (Granbury) and you ask them if you can just pick it up in person... then the tracking shows it's coming from Michigan.

So much for getting it this week.. or early next week. :fuckoff:

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Jun 23, 2017

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

The Door Frame posted:

It really is a fantastic game. I've played R6 since, well, R6, and loved what they did with Siege. My buddy and I alternate between that and BF:1 depending on what we're in the mood for.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

you'll still be posting so all our bases are covered

Are you saying that they would indeed, temporarily at least, belong to me?

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Are you saying that they would indeed, temporarily at least, belong to me?

Nerd!

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

So while the US and UK are melting, its scarily warm and dry here for June. We've been averaging 17-18 degrees C for the days, cold as balls (2-3 degrees c) for nights and no rain.

Our average june rainfall for our area from 1887 to now is 119.3mm.

We've had 1.6mm for june to date. Its not good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
Rains coming probably. It's been dry in Perth too with 24C days and 5C nights all winter until a few days ago. Now it's wet and windy.

E: BoM looks like you are going to get a little of it your way (though no where near as much as we finally got)

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Jun 23, 2017

• Locked thread