Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

a bone to pick posted:

I really don't want to see male on male cumshots so I think I'm going to skip that show.

Unless Jay is in it

One of the characters eats people with her vagina in case you're too much of a human being for deep dicking raw man rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

One of the characters eats people with her vagina in case you're too much of a human being for deep dicking raw man rear end.

Not a bad way to go if you gotta, imo. Then they're floatin in space looking pretty happy afterward too.

naem
May 29, 2011

Emily browning is the ultimate nightmare ex girlfriend, I'm having Vietnam style flashbacks

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

priznat posted:

Not a bad way to go if you gotta, imo. Then they're floatin in space looking pretty happy afterward too.

It would be uncomfortable after awhile, floating around with a bunch of other dudes with space boners.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

naem posted:

Emily browning is the ultimate nightmare ex girlfriend, I'm having Vietnam style flashbacks

The episode with her diabolical best friend is legit the funniest thing I've ever seen on TV.

counterfeitsaint posted:

It would be uncomfortable after awhile, floating around with a bunch of other dudes with space boners.

How the gently caress else would you want the afterlife to be like?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

counterfeitsaint posted:

She sucked a few ladies into her bits too so at least it's co-ed!

I watched another ep tonight, the leprechaun dude is my favourite I think.

naem
May 29, 2011

It's a REALLY GOOD adaptation of the book besides also being some top notch tv

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
bryan fuller makes good teevee

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
a young go getter manager at the mcdonalds near me looks like technical boy i wonder if he knows

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

bring back old gbs posted:

bryan fuller makes good teevee

Agree but I can't follow him on twitter because he posts everything in all caps like some weird shouty guy.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The last six episodes of Hannibal :discourse:

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

naem posted:

It's a REALLY GOOD adaptation of the book besides also being some top notch tv

did they include the woman eating someone with her vagina and subsequently getting turned into paste by a limo

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Clawtopsy posted:

did they include the woman eating someone with her vagina and subsequently getting turned into paste by a limo

Not in season 1.

But I'm sure once it happens there will be a massive bitchfest.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
you could pretty much cut all the side-story stuff from american gods and lose nothing, but if they already did the gay djinn seems theyre going all out

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Clawtopsy posted:

you could pretty much cut all the side-story stuff from american gods and lose nothing, but if they already did the gay djinn seems theyre going all out

The side stuff is so good though. I really want the landbridge story.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
That all sounds like the dumbest, edgiest poo poo.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Drunken Baker posted:

I didn't really get a sense of edginess from the book. It's weird as gently caress, definitely.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Yeah American Gods is more weird than anything. Each episode has a scene on how a god was brought to America by its worshipers. Here's one of those:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=670ME0eCGFM

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I'm not saying it's edgy, but the story does kick off because main character's wife and best friend die in a car crash while he's in prison and gaiman makes it a point that she died with his dick in her mouth

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
maybe not edgy in the normal sense, but yeah. Case in point with dick in the mouth thing. It all sounds like someone's trying to write something "mature" and going wayyy ott with it.

In fairness I know nothing of Gaiman's work. Maybe this is his standard thing.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

It has been awhile since I read it, but I thought there were implications about that revealed later on.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
sure, I'm just saying

it's at least edgy-adjacent

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Cubone posted:

sure, I'm just saying

it's at least edgy-adjacent

Can't argue, I guess.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
the new stuff with Vulcan was kinda jarring, Corbin Bernsen is a genius cast, but the writing was just bad for that episode

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
But anyway, what about jay's hot rear end in a top hat?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Drunken Baker posted:

But anyway, what about jay's hot rear end in a top hat?

It also swallows men whole.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
Roflmao wisconsin is actually a state. I though it was an in-joke in the RLM metaverse.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

FrensaGeran posted:

The sweaty gay Arab loving was completely overindulgent for my heteronormative tastes but it is a pretty good show I guess.

I do hate how Shadow, even six or seven episodes into the show, is still shocked and exasperated when something magical happens.

*supernatural occurrence happenes to Shadow*

Shadow: Wha??? WHAT? What.The.Hell is going on?? Did you see that? Am...am I crazy? Am I nuts?
Wednesday: what is madness hmmmmmmm?????

ad nauseaum

I distinctly remember that in book the ifrit's tasted of sulphur, so they had oral sex at some point. Not sure if they had anal sex though. Wouldn't want to watch a show that takes too many liberties with its source material.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I posit that Jay has a tight virginal butt hole and has never done anything more explicit than spooning

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Jonas Albrecht posted:

No that's the beaked vagina in the desert, Mr plinkett

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Cubone posted:

I'm not saying it's edgy, but the story does kick off because main character's wife and best friend die in a car crash while he's in prison and gaiman makes it a point that she died with his dick in her mouth

Realistic.

naem
May 29, 2011

Drunken Baker posted:

It is dumb, and edgy, but it's all historically accurate mythology people once believed in and seeing it happen in America now as a bunch of supernatural monsters struggle to survive is interesting as heck

I think gaiman bases all his characters on his spooky art school friends who like, act all edgy, but then struggle to pay the rent or hold down a decent job etc

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Clawtopsy posted:

I mean that would taking a big chunk of what makes the book good, its a road trip story with a bunch of vignettes on how these old world gods came to America through immigrants.

I like the changes they made from the source material too in expanding characters and not having a bunch of one offs like the djjin and Bliquis.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

retconning han solo's name is legit dumber than anything lucas has ever done.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

retconning han solo's name is legit dumber than anything lucas has ever done.

Wait, is this really a thing? I just thought it was a long running thread joke.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I'd lol if it turned out Han Solo was just a bullshit name he pulled out of his rear end as soon as he saw luke walking up at the cantina.

What's that? Everyone else consistently calls him that?

Shut the gently caress up nerd.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
His name was actually Hans Olo, but after a clerical error at the DMV, his name is now technically officially Han Solo. The film is about him trying to get money to cover the expense of fixing this error.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Apparently Kathleeen Kennedy and Kasdan thought they were making a heist movie with comedic touches, and Lord and Miller thought they were making a comedy, which led to them being fired.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/6/22/15854846/chris-miller-and-phil-lord-star-wars

Kind of a roundup article on all that's leaked out about it.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

reignofevil posted:

I'd lol if it turned out Han Solo was just a bullshit name he pulled out of his rear end as soon as he saw luke walking up at the cantina.

Him and Chewbacca spend the first half of the movie really drunk or really high.

Drunk space stoners stumbling through a rebellion and end up becoming war heroes and icons while blasted off their asses. That'd make a cool Heavy Metal segment.

vermin fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Jun 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

Apparently Kathleeen Kennedy and Kasdan thought they were making a heist movie with comedic touches, and Lord and Miller thought they were making a comedy, which led to them being fired.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/6/22/15854846/chris-miller-and-phil-lord-star-wars

Kind of a roundup article on all that's leaked out about it.

I thought we were making a heist comedy!

We thought you were making a comedy heist! The differences here are irreconcilable, you're fired.

• Locked thread