Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Lastgirl posted:

© u © k

( C ◡ C )K

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

fits my needs posted:

plz list your top 3 comedians

the stooges

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

magiccarpet posted:

hellloooo death crew

Sup?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Lastgirl posted:

© u © k

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Iggy Pop was great in the Adventures of Pete and Pete

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

lol was this from fox and friends morning show?

must be nice setting the presidents daily talking points

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

hahaha, your pretty ok for a person that likes to threaten people 👏

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

fits my needs posted:

plz list your top 3 comedians

amy schumer

uh

amy schumer

and amy schumer

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

My bird blood is ethically sourced.
“One of the first signs of the beginning of understanding is the wish to die. This life appears unbearable, another unattainable. One is no longer ashamed of wanting to die; one asks to be moved from the old cell, which one hates, to a new one, which one will only in time come to hate. In this there is also a residue of belief that during the move the master will chance to come along the corridor, look at the prisoner and say: "This man is not to be locked up again, He is to come with me.”

kafka was death crew af

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

syscall girl posted:

perharps you have uh overextended here

he's a talking head on a big network show, i just wanted to know whence came the hate

thats the thing, he's not a talking head. He's a comedian.

he just doesnt has that je ne sais quoi to really push that comedian bit so its more like a talk show with zingers instead of a parody show but you know, when Trump is president thats sort of a challenge because we're past the point of Poe's Law

he doesn't have that je ne sais quoi, but should that prevent you from watching him? No, knock yerself out

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Iron Crowned posted:

everything was great in P&P

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
i am death crews impotent demands for recognition in the face of certain demise :unsmigghh;

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
actually one of those is louis ck because he gets white privilege, in spite of being of mexican origin

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
death is becoming a fad

but this too shall pass

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Mariana Horchata posted:

Well, yeah, good point

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
cn i have a word? i think, donald trump, is rude, and has a FAT rear end.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Mariana Horchata posted:

nuh uh it was better than that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdlGEO1s8N8

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

CAROL posted:

cn i have a word? i think, donald trump, is rude, and has a FAT rear end.

thank u 4 your words

i too was having trouble coming up with words to describe my peetus and i think u captured him well

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

BeOSPOS posted:

you're a bad poster

news at 11

turn on your monitor & set your clock while you're at it

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

you cant even pronounce it you are cucked by your own bill!!!! quuck quuck quuk!!!

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
thanks for listening to me youve been a great aidudience. thank you. i love like 20% of you

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

BeOSPOS posted:

the life of that tv producer must be ridiculous now

like you went from 'show people turn on and then walk out of the room to brush your teeth' to 'tell the president to do this today' it must be like riding a very fast escalator

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

Iron Crowned posted:

I'm gonna stream Pete & Pete on nctv in July everything about it is great

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

You're right, it was pipe

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

:kiddo: Jeb!

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxe-1ztxm8Y

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

mormonpartyboat posted:

death is becoming a fad

but this too shall pass

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

BeOSPOS posted:

he couldn't even preach unity for 24 hours last week

TRUMP

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

is trump still prez

i fell asleep early last night

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
gonna dance around a huge penis pretending to be a frog today

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

fits my needs posted:

hahaha, your pretty ok for a person that likes to threaten people 👏

it's all in jest bud

ain't nothing but a party y'all

Happy Friday!

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

CAROL posted:

thanks for listening to me youve been a great aidudience. thank you. i love like 20% of you

i hope its like my left leg

tahts 20% right

slumdoge millionare
Feb 17, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Finally read "Old Man Logan," and it's pretty fukken rad.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

From a recent Washpo story

quote:

Trump administration officials, anticipating the defeat of the Islamic State in its de facto Syrian capital of Raqqa, are planning for what they see as the next stage of the war, a complex fight that will bring them into direct conflict with Syrian government and Iranian forces contesting control of a vast desert stretch in the eastern part of the country.

To some extent, that clash has already begun. Unprecedented recent U.S. strikes against regime and Iranian-backed militia forces have been intended as warnings to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and Tehran that they will not be allowed to confront or impede the Americans and their local proxy forces.

As regime and militia forces have begun advancing eastward, senior White House officials have been pushing the Pentagon to establish outposts in the desert region. The goal would be to prevent a Syrian or Iranian military presence that would interfere with the U.S. military’s ability to break the Islamic State’s hold on the Euphrates River valley south of Raqqa and into Iraq — a sparsely populated area where the militants could regroup and continue to plan terrorist operations against the West.

Officials said Syrian government claims on the area would also undermine progress toward a political settlement in the long-separate rebel war against Assad, intended to stabilize the country by limiting his control and eventually driving him from power.

The wisdom and need for such a strategy — effectively inserting the United States in Syria’s civil war, after years of trying to stay out of it, and risking direct confrontation with Iran and Russia, Assad’s other main backer — has been a subject of intense debate between the White House and the Pentagon.

Some in the Pentagon have resisted the move, amid concern about distractions from the campaign against the Islamic State and whether U.S. troops put in isolated positions in Syria, or those in proximity to Iranian-backed militias in Iraq, could be protected. European allies in the anti-Islamic State coalition have also questioned whether U.S.-trained Syrians, now being recruited and trained to serve as a southern ground-force vanguard, are sufficient in number or capability to succeed.

One White House official, among several who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss Syria planning, dismissed such concerns, saying: “If you’re worried that any incident anywhere could cause Iran to take advantage of vulnerable U.S. forces . . . if you don’t think America has real interests that are worth fighting for, then fine.”

The official said the expanded U.S. role would not require more troops, comparing it to “The Rat Patrol,” the 1960s television series about small, allied desert forces deployed against the Germans in northern Africa during World War II.

“With our ability with air power . . . you’re not talking about a lot of requirements to do that,” the official said. “. . . You don’t need a lot of forces to go out and actually have a presence.”

This official and others played down reports of tensions over Syria strategy. “No one disagrees about the strategy or the objectives,” said a second White House official.:siren: “The question is how best to operationalize it.”:siren:

The Pentagon, not the White House, made the decision to shoot down Iranian drones and a Syrian fighter jet in response to their approaches to or attacks against U.S. forces and their Syrian allies, this official said. “They shot down an enemy aircraft for the first time in more than a decade. That’s accepting a high level of risk,” the official said. “. "We’ve done quite a lot since April that the previous administration said was impossible without the conflict spiraling.”

Ilan Goldenberg, a former senior Pentagon official now in charge of the Center for a New American Security’s Middle East program, agreed that the Obama administration “over-agonized” about every decision in Syria.

But Goldenberg faulted the Trump administration with failing to articulate its strategy. “It has been the worst of all worlds,” he said. “A vagueness on strategy, but a willingness to deploy force. They are totally muddying the waters, and now you have significant risk of escalation.”

“I know the president is fond of secret plans,” Goldenberg said. “But this situation requires clarity about our objectives and what we will or won’t tolerate.”

It's all coming together, isn't it?

Also a ground war in Qatar in 9 days and counting.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Lastgirl posted:

thats the thing, he's not a talking head. He's a comedian.

he just doesnt has that je ne sais quoi to really push that comedian bit so its more like a talk show with zingers instead of a parody show but you know, when Trump is president thats sort of a challenge because we're past the point of Poe's Law

he doesn't have that je ne sais quoi, but should that prevent you from watching him? No, knock yerself out

to be quite honest i am a little disappoint with the daily show and have been even back when stewart and colbert were doing it

it's a bad band-aid for real poo poo troubles but i get the feeling it's the best we can do at this point

if that makes me an accelerationist using an automatic to play rus roulette well

uh it does

but when 11pm rolls around and i want to see the state of the union thoroughly mocked :shrug:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

CAROL posted:

oh man I hope I'm on the list

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Iron Crowned posted:

You're right, it was pipe
indeed young viking

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
death is too good for y'all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy