Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

swickles posted:

Can't talk about Richie Incognito and not post this:

https://youtu.be/gx79IKPVe5w

hahaha I'd never heard this before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Strobe posted:

I love this video, because he throws off his back foot in stride, doesn't follow through at all, throws it sidearm across his body to his receiver.

And it still goes 50 goddamn yards in the air.

This is why he was basically everyone's favorite player in the draft, even though no one has any clue if he'll be able to play in the NFL or not.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/JimIrsay/status/878201065681715200

when it gets deleted

https://twitter.com/ChaseSanders31/status/878202676378390528

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

via con dios jim.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
God drat Irsay lives the life

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

it's true people with tons of money and substance abuse issues who have lots of casual sex are known for being very fulfilled and happy

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/IndyCar/status/878229597447491585

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

would

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Good call, he's worth a shitload of money

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ehud posted:

it's true people with tons of money and substance abuse issues who have lots of casual sex are known for being very fulfilled and happy

Some are some aren't

I did forget he had the issues with the substance abuse. That's no fun.

I'd go the multiple divorce route

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jun 23, 2017

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Amy Pole Her posted:

Some are some aren't

I did forget he had the issues with the substance abuse. That's no fun.

Could be worse. Could have married his high school sweetheart and been stuck in a poo poo decision his whole life having to hide his true self for 30 years before eventually just having a breakdown

Stereotypes are fun!

Happiness is all about not constantly moving your goalposts and setting your desire constantly outside your reach.

Also, researchers have found that the largest concrete correlations of happiness for people are making over roughly $70k a year and having a commute under 40 minutes. It was funny because commuting was described as having a new, slightly different hell each morning by the researcher.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I'd live like a 20% classier Frank Reynolds if I was rich.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Busted before the edit!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Cue a 4000 word Leperflesh post on the only true way to achieve happiness.

Kalli posted:

Would you still play nightcrawlers?

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

It was funny because commuting was described as having a new, slightly different hell each morning by the researcher.

I know so well what this means. At one time a few years ago I had anywhere from a 40 to 90 minute commute to work based on traffic. It was awful and made me hate life. Thankfully I simultaneously moved and changed jobs to eliminate this problem.

So. Checks out.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Also, researchers have found that the largest concrete correlations of happiness for people are making over roughly $70k a year and having a commute under 40 minutes.
I fit the criteria :smugdon:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Kalli posted:

So...24K toe knife? Scarfing down Fancy Feast after huffing paint before you go to bed each night? 2 bangmaids?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Definitely some classy bangmaids and a gold plated whippets cannister for sure.

Oh, this isn't the chat thread.

Well okay, I don't have the book in front of me right now, but from Howard Mudd's book, he talked about how much of a weiner Tony Dungy was, and how he'd gather all the coaches together and ask them not to swear too much in front of the players.

Then Howard Mudd would go out and call the players nancy boy motherfucking bitches for two hours, then Dungy would gather the players and say, hey you've got to try a little harder and make less mental mistakes, and then Howard won't have to swear so much.

Then Mudd talked about how another head coach just told him, hey, try not to call the players Cocksuckers today.

Kalli fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Jun 23, 2017

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

sirtommygunn posted:

He's dead to me now.

The Jets hosed him and hosed him good by cutting him so late, he can do whatever he wants

evilweasel posted:

if only brady looked like this too :smith:

10 ring shrimp

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Happiness is all about not constantly moving your goalposts and setting your desire constantly outside your reach.

Also, researchers have found that the largest concrete correlations of happiness for people are making over roughly $70k a year and having a commute under 40 minutes. It was funny because commuting was described as having a new, slightly different hell each morning by the researcher.

I think it's more about what hit your fulfillment senses. I remember when I left my litigation job in Toronto some people just couldn't fathom giving up a huge paycheck for the sake of not wanting to kill yourself

I edited because this is the football news/views thread, not the "justify your lifestyle and why YOU are happier!!!!" Thread. I have married friends who constantly go out of their way to judge single people or people without kids. "You just don't know what an incredible joy it is!!! There's really no comparison" says the girl married to her HS sweetheart that's never left the state. Not everyone who chooses to avoid marriage and children is some depressed drug addict looking for life meaning

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jun 23, 2017

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Amy Pole Her posted:

I have married friends who constantly go out of their way to judge single people or people without kids. "You just don't know what an incredible joy it is!!! There's really no comparison" says the girl married to her HS sweetheart that's never left the state.
People like this are actually miserable and just looking for ways to feel better about their lovely situation.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Ok actual football stuff -

Local filmmakers shot a movie called "the rabbit hunt" with no dialogue about people catching rabbits in Pahokee.

This matters to you because you have likely had a player from Pahokee on your roster within the past 3 years. Tons of big name stars come from this tiny community and every one of them credit learning how to catch rabbits in the cane fields with helping their reflexes and agility

Some of the bigger names like Santonio Holmes, Fred Taylor, Anquain Boldin etc

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Eli Wiggum posted:

People like this are actually miserable and just looking for ways to feel better about their lovely situation.

I'm sure you get it like I do. constantly.

Yes I'm 32 and single. Yes I don't have kids. I take care of my nieces and I love them but holy gently caress my sister hasn't taken a vacation in years and gave up all of her hobbies. It's priorities.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I like my kids more than I like the idea of yachting and eating caviar sorry if that bugs you :moonrio:

Also who paid $35 for that?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Amy Pole Her posted:

I'm sure you get it like I do. constantly.

Yes I'm 32 and single. Yes I don't have kids. I take care of my nieces and I love them but holy gently caress my sister hasn't taken a vacation in years and gave up all of her hobbies. It's priorities.
I used to, until I moved to a larger city inhabited by people just like me.

That city being Chicago, home of the National Football League's Bears

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Eli Wiggum posted:

I used to, until I moved to a larger city inhabited by people just like me.

That city being Chicago, home of the National Football League's Bears

That's right you fucker I forgot you're living that lifestyle. And you're exactly right, it's the folks in smaller areas

One of my connections for title down here might give me some NYC work and asked (jokingly) if I'd trade my sleepy on the water lifestyle in Jupiter for NYC

I said absolutely, but 8 months outta the year.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Amy Pole Her posted:

Local filmmakers shot a movie called "the rabbit hunt" with no dialogue about people catching rabbits in Pahokee.

This matters to you because you have likely had a player from Pahokee on your roster within the past 3 years. Tons of big name stars come from this tiny community and every one of them credit learning how to catch rabbits in the cane fields with helping their reflexes and agility

I went to school in belle glade and everyone made fun of this story because they had never seen or heard of anyone hunting rabbits this way

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Mulaney Power Move posted:

I went to school in belle glade and everyone made fun of this story because they had never seen or heard of anyone hunting rabbits this way

Where'd you go?

And the muck was a pretty well known thing back in my time (class of 03) except they didn't kill the rabbits just caught them. Just let them go. We went a few times to watch but never participated, and it was usually the tall sawgrass

Edit Wait is the movie saying people ate the rabbits? I thought it was known they just chase them

http://www.espn.com/highschool/rise/football/news/story?id=3869165

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jun 23, 2017

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Might as well eat it.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Why wouldn't you eat it?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
They don't kill or hunt them. They let them
Go. At least the few times I witnessed it they did.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

If you only eat rabbits, you die. :ohdear:

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Amy Pole Her posted:

Where'd you go?

And the muck was a pretty well known thing back in my time (class of 03) except they didn't kill the rabbits just caught them. Just let them go. We went a few times to watch but never participated, and it was usually the tall sawgrass

Edit Wait is the movie saying people ate the rabbits? I thought it was known they just chase them

http://www.espn.com/highschool/rise/football/news/story?id=3869165

i went to glades day which was the private school where they sent all the white kids in town which might also explain why none of them had heard of the rabbit thing. i remember a chemistry teacher of ours read the post story about this/the glades in class and mocked it because it made belle glade look like a bleak hellhole. even then i thought, "well, maybe that's what it's like at glades central?"

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Amy Pole Her posted:

I no poo poo did this one summer with a bunch of kids from Pahokee I played at St Thomas Aquinas and played in two State finals and have one ring AMA.

This was in like 06 or 07 and we didn't eat the rabbits we just chased him around and let him go it was pretty fun actually

Waroduce fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jun 23, 2017

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Mulaney Power Move posted:

i went to glades day which was the private school where they sent all the white kids in town which might also explain why none of them had heard of the rabbit thing. i remember a chemistry teacher of ours read the post story about this/the glades in class and mocked it because it made belle glade look like a bleak hellhole. even then i thought, "well, maybe that's what it's like at glades central?"

I know glades day well.

What year? If you're 00-03 I bet we have friends in common!

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Amy Pole Her posted:

Oh hey that's where Janoris Jenkins is from

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
You do the Hokey Pahokee and tackle that rabbit to the ground...

THAT'S WHAT IT'S ALL ABOOOOOOOOUT!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Rabbits good eating

Highbrow Slick
Jul 1, 2007

it is a fool who stays alive - but such fools are we.
tell me about the rabbits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Highbrow Slick posted:

tell me about the rabbits

You gut and skin them and then you cut them into quarters and slow cook the poo poo out of them in some beef stock with onions and serve with roast potatoes and winter vegetables and it's good.

• Locked thread