Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

reminder this is all because the person that was president of the college when it folded teamed up with the state's republicans to scapegoat her failures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Condiv posted:

putincept? is the intercept actually materially connected to russia or are bad dems calling anyone who dares to question their beliefs russians?

Greenwald is not too great a guy who's often seemed like he hasn't been looking out for his sources. He could have advised Snowden to get to Latin America early instead of stupidly thinking Hong Kong was a safe bastion of non-extradition, and the whole Winner thing was a fiasco. Sometimes he acts like he's concerned about his own career and publicity first and foremost.

I think people are saying he's a Putin plant because he was loudly pumping the brakes on "Russia hacked the election" saying he wanted evidence first. I don't know what he's been saying lately but I wouldn't be surprised if he's smugly lawyerly saying "yeah Trump was in deep with Russian crooks and also the Russians apparently bought the entire GOP but they didn't literally doctor vote totals."

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I would like the Russia investigation to end.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i also dislike greenwald because the rumor for why taibbi left and never launched his own thing is because he thought greenwald and omidyar were exerting too much control

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

quote:

Elected Democrats are paralyzed. They repeat, over and over, that none of this is normal, commit themselves to the fight, and then roll over, confirming the president’s appointments, praising the beauty of a missile strike, or begging the FBI to save them. Hillary Clinton emerges from the woods to blame Jim Comey, the DNC, and the Russians for her loss, and the day before the United States withdraws from the Paris Climate Agreement, she tweets a covfefe joke.

The parallels that are happening in these very forums are uncannily similar

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Raskolnikov38 posted:

*gets candidate less total votes than a fictional person*

john anzalone: get this man running a presidential campaign immediately!

john analzone

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Al! posted:

john analzone

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Al! posted:

john analzone

he blows (farts)

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Venom Snake posted:

It's so insanely frustrating that people like this get a say in things while people like me get sidelined for being to young and inexperienced :(

don't worry i'm sure you'll eventually fail upwards like everyone else in the party

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Greenwald is cool and good and the world is better off with him in it :colbert:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/YALiberty/status/877904286025367553

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Al! posted:

john analzone

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
:bagl::laffo:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

I just googled that second fellow and you guys are never gonna believe what I learned

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
There needs to be a YABernie or YAProgressive that parody's that twitter.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

why does my computer say it's 2007 again?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

jus lol @ criticizing Willa for being cynical and a boomer when there are loving 35 year olds on this dead gay forum tellin us for years dumbshits like Ossoff were gonna win the heartland and for you 20 somethings to get into line

jus lol

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

paranoid randroid posted:

I just googled that second fellow and you guys are never gonna believe what I learned
Unanimously elected president in the 2014 elections via the vote by blimp system.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Agean90 posted:

why does my computer say it's 2007 again?
Bad CMOS battery. Gotta replace it or it'll keep resetting every time it loses power.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

something about the relative fleet-footedness of certain groups?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Nonsense posted:

jus lol @ criticizing Willa for being cynical and a boomer when there are loving 35 year olds on this dead gay forum tellin us for years dumbshits like Ossoff were gonna win the heartland and for you 20 somethings to get into line

jus lol

I fell deep into the suck zone last night

sorry for bein an rear end, Willa

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Joementum posted:

also one weird tip about dietary silver supplements the government doesnt want you to know

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

wonder where the ron paul blimp is now

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Joementum posted:

lmao

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dqs7BgX6Mgs

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUk94yxJ1Us

And you knew who you were then,
Girls were girls and men were men,
Mister we could use a man
Like Herbert Hoover again.

Didn't need no welfare state,
Everybody pulled his weight.
Gee our old LaSalle ran great.
Those were the days.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I can't wait for osseff to run for press and do worse than mom

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Nonsense posted:

jus lol

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

consumed by normies posted:

wonder where the ron paul blimp is now

“I understand that the money is spent. We had a pretty good run with it. IT was a great endeavor! Now, let's just let the dust settle and move on to other things.” Mike writes, “Let it go. Let's move on. We have politicians to defeat and causes to further.”

So……..why did this story even need to be written? Why can't we “just let the dust settle and move on”? Why should the grassroots or the Freedom Movement even care?

The Freedom Movement spent nearly $600,000 on the blimp. They should know what happened to their money. What's more, Trevor Lyman is now asking for the same people to make him and Rick Williams instant millionaires in an attempt to “Break the Matrix”, Jerry Collette is asking for people to support his newly formed Libertarian Legal without many details as to what the company does or how it is structured and Katharine Memole is starting a 501 (c) (4) not-for-profit organization and asking people to donate to her project as well. The grassroots WILL give money to these people again. Where will it go? Who gets rich? Who gets results?

The Ron Paul Mobile Rally Crew was with the blimp during much of it's journey. Here is what they had to say about the project.

“Throughout December 2007, RPMRC had been working 14-20 hours daily, 7 days weekly, on a low budget stipend. Our crew left their jobs, homes family community and friends to support Ron Paul !

We had been recruited by one of the principle owners/agent of the RON PAUL BLIMP. He committed to us modest salaries and Per Diem to travel and rally with the blimp and/or equivalent media activity – the latter of which we were obliged to attempt without support and adequate resources with which to make it effective.

In short, due to power struggles between Trevor Lyman, Elijah Lynn and Jerry Collette, our mission was doomed as Trevor and Elijah refused to support us.

Finally, we were left stranded 680 miles away from home without funding for fuel for the U-Haul and truck carrying our valuable instruments and equipment and horse. Friend/associate, Kevin Innis placed personal money in my personal account for fuel money to get us home.

Not paid our final salaries, I was left to work an additional 3 days, plus shorted 1000k pay. Two weeks later, Trevor motions to support us cos of contractual agreement, Two weeks too LATE. Meanwhile, I lost my home.”

Ready for some more facts Freedom Movement? I think we need some answers from Lyman…..NOW! Things are starting to look pretty ugly!

“Dear Google Account holder: We've received a request to change the email address associated with your Google Account from: jerrycollette@EDIT.net to: trevorml@EDIT.net.” – December 9, 2007.

“I did not initiate this! Please freeze the account ASAP!!!!” – Jerry Collette writing to Google, December 9, 2007

“If you agree to this and do not freeze the Google account then we agree to forfeit our shares of Liberty Political Advertising, LLC. Once the money has been transferred to AMS we will return control of the Google Checkout Account to your possession.” – Elijah Lynn writing to Collette on December 10 2007.

Most of the people directly involved with the project agree, this is the point where all trust was lost between the principles of Liberty Political Advertising. When Lyman moved the money, Collette called foul and tried to freeze the company account. Lyman and Lynn walked away from the blimp company and gave full ownership and control to Collette.

Lyman then started using assets collected by Liberty Political Advertising to start his own blimp company. A few of the assets misappropriated by Lyman at that time were: The Ron Paul Blimp domain, The SSL certificate , the Liberty Political Advertising legal team and the Project Manager for the Ron Paul Blimp.

“They (Lyman and Lynn) announced that they were doing their own blimp advertising company. They were doing this tortuously interfering with the company's contracts.” said Collette. “Also, if they intended to do this all along, when they did the termination agreement, it was fraud in the inducement.”

On December 18, 2007 Trevor Lyman wrote: “What we intend to do is comply with our written and signed agreement. We'll give you a link as agreed and a link to an explanation of what has happened as agreed. We'll give up control of the blimp as agreed. We'll give you any money we have earned as of this morning at 12:01am and stop using the SSL cert. At this point we intend to start our own blimp advertising business using the domain RonPaulBlimp.com.”

Lyman promised to give Collette access to company transaction records and data-base. Another promise broken…….

“I have been asking for almost two weeks now to see our transaction records of purchases. Why have they not been provided? Nobody has even been willing to tell me what fields we have and what format they are in. Is somebody hiding something?

What about the PayPal account? Where is that money. Has Trevor or anybody else sent any company sales receipt money anywhere else?” – Collette in an email to: James Fosbinder, Trevor Lyman, Elijah Lynn , Joe Amidon and Katharine Memole on January 28, 2007.

Katharine Memole, Project Manager for the Blimp, confirmed the fact that the Ron Paul Blimp project is completely paid for. She and Collette also said the blimp will not fly again. For some reason however, the Ron Paul Blimp website, which is owned by Lyman, is asking for donations to pay off the last of the airship bills and to fund a future trip.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I fell deep into the suck zone last night

sorry for bein an rear end, Willa

I figured bruh, it just stood out to me you normally a cooler cucumber in these hot take times

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

also one weird tip about dietary silver supplements the government doesnt want you to know

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

consumed by normies posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUk94yxJ1Us

And you knew who you were then,
Girls were girls and men were men,
Mister we could use a man
Like Herbert Hoover again.

Didn't need no welfare state,
Everybody pulled his weight.
Gee our old LaSalle ran great.
Those were the days.

tag urself im the bongo player at 1:46

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

RON PAUL

PEACE

MONGER

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

my uncle turned himself kinda blue with colloidal silver. he wanted to look young forever and heard it was great for that. he still looks p young these days (though he's more grey than blue now after so many years). i just dunno why a guy that looks like he could be santa would want to turn into papa smurf? as blue as he is, he's obviously still using, and he's got no youth to protect :confused:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

man spends his entire life running from oompa loompahs

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Condiv posted:

my uncle turned himself kinda blue with colloidal silver. he wanted to look young forever and heard it was great for that. he still looks p young these days (though he's more grey than blue now after so many years). i just dunno why a guy that looks like he could be santa would want to turn into papa smurf? as blue as he is, he's obviously still using, and he's got no youth to protect :confused:

your uncle is a moron hth

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

drat i was really hoping that was still wordfiltered to "im a huge prick"

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ironstache status update: still not a milkshake duck

https://twitter.com/joeprince___/status/877802253683392512

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Condiv posted:

some people are really that damned dedicated to their drow cosplaying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
colloidal ironstache

• Locked thread