Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

1500quidporsche posted:

Honda has definitely Tony'd this new update.

Oh well I figured out the problem Honda. You need petrol, not cocaine to power your engine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

DoctorGonzo posted:

Mclaren will start in the negative numbers this race

They'll have to start the race back in Canada.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS
This is by far the shittiest sessions I've ever seen.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Theophany posted:

Money talks, bullshit walks.

Yeah. Palmer's money is keeping him in that seat until the end of 2017. Hence why Cyril said he's not going anywhere.

Also not watching practice but it sounds like a *voice of that Cow guy from Rocko's Modern Life* hoot!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Firebomb the Baku circuit

McGuinty
Feb 11, 2008

Where's the nearest golf course? I have to shit.
I need giant glossy photos of Nando standing atop the Maiden Tower, arms akimbo, hair gently blowing in the Caspian breeze.

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

Channel 4 airing a Honda Power of Dreams advert, right after Alonso's breakdown.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Honda and Grosjean are the worst part of this season imo

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

The power dreams about MCLRN getting a loving point

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

The radio on the NBC broadcast is way too quiet.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

DoctorGonzo posted:

Honda and Grosjean are the worst part of this season imo

This but instead every british person involved in F1. #forzascud #thescudisgood

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

New DLC for Aoe2 is out: Dynasties of India
Grosjean is good, will be sad to see him drive for Ferrari next season.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Uh.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Norns posted:

Firebomb the Baku circuit

They let Honda on track, so they're trying.

McGuinty
Feb 11, 2008

Lol what the gently caress how did he do that?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Rip Max

McGuinty
Feb 11, 2008

That'll be a gearbox penalty then

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Brilliant genius driver.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Well done Maxpoo

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

James Hunt posted:

...and for being himself, he should receive a permanent suspension.

That seems like a good policy to adopt for the Worst Thread (TM).

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

CratSock posted:

I'm guessing the (TM) stands for Tony Montana?

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

CratSock posted:

Me towards every driver I don't like.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

quote:

McLaren shareholder Mansour Ojjeh says the team's current tribulations with Honda are the most uncompetitive it has been in Formula 1.

With McLaren yet to score a point in the 2017 F1 season and having not been on the podium since the start of its final year with Mercedes power in 2013, Ojjeh said the team's plight was unprecedented.

"This is really new territory for us," he told Motorsport.com. "We've never been so uncompetitive in F1.

"We did have a terrible year with Peugeot, but this time around Honda has completely underestimated the job."

Even during its short-lived partnership with Peugeot in 1994, McLaren achieved eight podium finishes and was fourth in the constructors' championship.

It is now into the longest win drought in its history, with the gap since Jenson Button's 2012 Brazilian Grand Prix victory surpassing the fallow period between James Hunt's 1977 Japanese GP win and John Watson's 1981 British GP win.

Ojjeh admitted maintaining morale and keeping hold of personnel was getting harder.

"We're working as hard as possible but what's hard to do in the company is keep hold of the fantastic people and keep them motivated," he said.

"When you're winning, that's much easier – as it was in 1988 when we won 16 out of 17 races. It's actually hard to keep people motivated when you win regularly, and to keep them motivated when you're bad is really hard.

"That comes down to management, and thankfully most of the people that work for us are proud to be working for McLaren."

He fears that McLaren's other businesses could soon be tarnished by its poor F1 performance.

"We're the only competitor that you can compare to Ferrari, in that we have road cars and a Formula 1 car," said Ojjeh. "But that does mean we need success in Formula 1 to keep the story together.

"We can't be bad at one and really good at the other one. The road car company is doing fantastically well. Unfortunately right now we have an F1 engine problem that we have to solve. Everything else is great: great drivers, great team."

Imagine the scene in Transformers The Movie where Hot Rod is fighting Galvatron in Unicron and Hot Rod finally gets back the Matrix of Leadership from Galvatron and you hear Optimus Prime's voice say "Arise... Rodimus Prime" and Hot Rod transforms into Rodimus Prime and throws Galvatron out of Unicron.

Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime is Williams.

Galvatron is McLaren.

Unicron is Bernie.

The Matrix of Leadership is a Mercedes engine supply deal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyIzzBf18pg

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Wirth1000 posted:

Imagine the scene in Transformers The Movie where Hot Rod is fighting Galvatron in Unicron and Hot Rod finally gets back the Matrix of Leadership from Galvatron and you hear Optimus Prime's voice say "Arise... Rodimus Prime" and Hot Rod transforms into Rodimus Prime and throws Galvatron out of Unicron.

Galvatron is McLaren.

Unicron is Bernie.

What.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Williams are garbage, though.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Imagine that Honda is a bad engine supplier and McLaren are an F1 team that needs a better engine. Oh wait.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Wirth1000 posted:

Galvatron is McLaren.

Unicron is Bernie.

Sir, this is a McDonald's drive thru.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

ilmucche posted:

I'm guessing the (TM) stands for Tony Montana?

It was meant to be a registered trademark of the Something Awful Comedy Internet Forum Corporation, but I like yours better.

Wirth1000 posted:

Galvatron is McLaren.

Unicron is Bernie.

"You've got the TOUCH!"

*Fernando glides effortlessly into the lead of the Singapore GP, trailing blue energy streaks*

"You've got the po-WER!"

*Hamilton swerves around in his trailing jetwash and spins off the track and right out of the circuit into Marina Bay*

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

wicka posted:

Williams are garbage, though.

They at the very least have a soul.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Wirth1000 posted:

Galvatron is McLaren.

Unicron is Bernie.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

iospace posted:

Sir, this is a McDonald's drive thru.

lol

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

CratSock posted:

"You've got the TOUCH!"

*Fernando glides effortlessly into the lead of the Singapore GP, trailing blue energy streaks*

"You've got the po-WER!"

*Hamilton swerves around in his trailing jetwash and spins off the track and right out of the circuit into Marina Bay*

:flashfap:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

It's not unreasonable given Hamilton was pretty much given complete amnesty for the first 2 years. Brundle wouldn't even talk to him on the grid walks, in order not to disturb his focus.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
Good news: McLaren engineers allowed to wear shorts.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Wirth1000 posted:

Galvatron is McLaren.

Unicron is Bernie.

Ba-weep-gra-na-weep-ninny-bong to you

Also it's hilarious how quickly certain people have turned on Grosjean because Haas still haven't figured out how to get their brakes to work

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
It seems the supplier switch didn't do much to rectify the problems.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-alonso-vandoorne-gap-peak-form-mclaren-921689/?s=1

Alonso is still busy marketing himself. I guess that means that no one is really talking to him yet?

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

McGuinty posted:

The Power of (Nando) Screams

I have no Engine and I Must Scream: The Nando at McLaren Story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Has anyone brought a sign to a GP that says, "Well Done Honda"??

• Locked thread