Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

His game wasn't trending anywhere...he had a bad playoffs but his regular season was on par.

Think it has more to do with the cap space and NTC than just his play

Still, seems like they should have gotten more out of that deal which is why everyone is flipping out. Rangers C depth is poor now, Hayes as a #2 is a scary thought, so something else has to be done or is being planned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

So much smoke around Hamonic right now, it sure seems like he's a goner before the draft.

Isles only good beat writer just said that Sakic has an offer on the table for duchene of Hamonic + 2018 1st + a prospect. My feeling on that trade depends strongly on who that prospect is but I probably do that trade.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/878294351159246848
https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/878294702058987522

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
colorado please trade for hamonic and then draft a forward to allow makar to fall to buffalo in the draft

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Stepan is solid but he isn't exactly an offensive dynamo. I think the Rangers want a younger faster more productive center. Stepan for another four years at that cap isn't the greatest.

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

Jamwad Hilder posted:

If I remember correctly, he called someone on his own team the N word, and not in a joking around dumb teenager way

It'll be great if Evander Kane ends up with the Rangers then.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/878298467990294528

My body is ready...to have a reason to watch the draft.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

This actually almost makes sense then. Still obvious they made the wrong choice keeping Seabrook over Hjalmarsson but probably easier for him to move.
Really liking these moves for the Coyotes though. They might just actually have a team next year.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

The Isles would have no defense if they lost Hamonic.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Shattenkirk has got to get a crazy contract from someone out there.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Jamwad Hilder posted:

If I remember correctly, he called someone on his own team the N word, and not in a joking around dumb teenager way

I thought I'd read something about him getting in poo poo once for abusing officials, but Google set me straight.

It was twice.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

I look forward to the Preds sweeping the Hawks again. And again and again and again.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
GIVE ME MORE TRADES

THE TRADE GODS DEMAND IT

PUT DOWN THE loving PHONE WHEN TEAMS CALL FOR GALCHENYUK BERGEVIN YOU rear end in a top hat

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

stab posted:

GIVE ME MORE TRADES

THE TRADE GODS DEMAND IT

PUT DOWN THE loving PHONE WHEN TEAMS CALL FOR GALCHENYUK BERGEVIN YOU rear end in a top hat

Lovejoy and a 2nd?

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Shattenkirk has got to get a crazy contract from someone out there.

and look at all the cap space the Rangers just opened up!

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Stepan is solid but he isn't exactly an offensive dynamo. I think the Rangers want a younger faster more productive center. Stepan for another four years at that cap isn't the greatest.

I mean, he's good for 50-60 points and he's always kind of flashed the potential for a bit more than that (he tends to have one long scoring drought and then be consistent the rest of the season rather than having ups and downs). I guess it depends on how good you think DeAngelo is/could be but if feels like the 7th and DeAngelo could have been the return for Stepan alone, not also with Raanta

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/NYRangers/status/878300427120394240

Official, no extra pieces.

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

It's official:

https://twitter.com/NYRangers/status/878300427120394240

Hopefully some more moves tonight.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

iospace posted:

Definitely no-goes.

alright cool thanks

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

alright cool thanks

:lol:

nice

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

flakeloaf posted:

I thought I'd read something about him getting in poo poo once for abusing officials, but Google set me straight.

It was twice.

Also on the day of his return from his OHL abuse of official suspension, he got ejected from a game for abuse of officials.

Lord Crapulus
Feb 12, 2003

About as successful at Le Mans as Toyota
I sometimes play defense in my Chicagoland beer league, now fully expecting to get a call as a possible depth signing :suicide:

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

alright cool thanks

lmao

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

flakeloaf posted:

It was twice.

Just reading a piece on him, he called his teammate an homophobic slur, called an official a racist slur, was benched or suspended several times in the AHL, and then suspended last year for pushing a ref

He's a dumb poo poo head, but a dumb poo poo head with some good on ice potential.

But I hate players like that and hate having to hope they do well. I can only hope he loving grows up and realizes he needs to stop being a lovely person

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

yellowcar posted:

I look forward to the Preds sweeping the Hawks again. And again and again and again.

The Central being a bloodbath, minus the Avs, means there is a steadily increasing chance the Hawks dont even make the playoffs to get swept.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Levitate posted:

Just reading a piece on him, he called his teammate an homophobic slur, called an official a racist slur, was benched or suspended several times in the AHL, and then suspended last year for pushing a ref

He's a dumb poo poo head, but a dumb poo poo head with some good on ice potential.

But I hate players like that and hate having to hope they do well. I can only hope he loving grows up and realizes he needs to stop being a lovely person

The Avery contingent of the Garden is going to love him.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Levitate posted:

if he's anything like the other racist italian new yorkers i know, we'll trade him to tampa when he's 33 and he'll join a ball hockey league

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

This actually almost makes sense then. Still obvious they made the wrong choice keeping Seabrook over Hjalmarsson but probably easier for him to move.

Seabrook has a no movement clause in his contract. He must have a really persuasive agent.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Leddy Boychuk and de Haan are a fine trio to have in a top 4. No truly elite player but Leddy is very, very good and the other two hold their own just fine.

There were rumors a few days ago where the isles might've lost both Hamonic and de Haan. Then there would be some real issues filling out that second pairing

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

fishing with the fam posted:

Seabrook has a no movement clause in his contract. He must have a really persuasive agent.

I'm guessing the agent also got that clause to extend to his on-ice play as well?

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Furnaceface posted:

The Central being a bloodbath, minus the Avs, means there is a steadily increasing chance the Hawks dont even make the playoffs to get swept.

Get a new av already I still keep confusing you for that dingus, Helsing.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

i am the bird posted:

Detroit is apparently in on Hamonic for no reason whatsoever and will surely offer young useful players in return.

Also Todd Nelson a candidate in Arizona when Detroit should probably fire Blashill and lock Nelson up instead.

Wow, Arizona's not loving around.

Also isn't D a huge issue for Detroit? Wouldn't Hamonic be a nice upgrade from yahoos like Quincey?

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Aphrodite posted:

Also on the day of his return from his OHL abuse of official suspension, he got ejected from a game for abuse of officials.

tomorrow's NY Post:

RANGERS ACQUIRE MOST EXCITING YOUNG PROSPECT SINCE JOHN VANBIESBROUCK

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Hexy pls do something

That does not involve trading #2

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Also isn't D a huge issue for Detroit? Wouldn't Hamonic be a nice upgrade from yahoos like Quincey?

As would the man of the hour... Shattenkirk.
But their core is so old it's really one of those "why bother" situations. They'll need to blow it up here any day now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Hexy pls do something

That does not involve trading #2

Look do you want him to trade some of his players or not?

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/NYP_Brooksie/status/878298541428535296

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

https://twitter.com/GardenFaithful/status/878302833744920576

Hahahahahaa

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
Soooo about our center depth. There better be something more coming.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Detroit should be rebuilding, not acquiring good defensemen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
wow anthony deangelo's twitter is something else

https://twitter.com/nycguidovoice/status/841025132210479104

• Locked thread