Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

How can we lose so much more than we had before

Geoff Zahn posted:

I think I am going to cancel my Dark Imperium Pre-order through Frontline because they still haven't shipped it and basically said 'Welp, we don't know when we will get more, maybe at the end of the month or something I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ' when I called them about it. Miniature Market's site shows they have quite a few in stock now. How is their shipping?

It's been a while but MM always did a good job when I was ordering X-Wing and 40k Conquest (rip in peace).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

All I know is the Primaris dread has the option of a big gatling gun and if it's not just the Vanquisher's main gun on a dread, I'm going to be disappointed.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Now that I have built all my Dark Imperium biglys and painted a few:
- These are great models and I love them
- They are easy and fun to paint
- They are a dick move from GW towards marine players with normie marine armies. Biglys just make squat marines look like complete poo poo.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Ayn Marx posted:

- They are a dick move from GW towards marine players with normie marine armies. Biglys just make squat marines look like complete poo poo.

People have been asking for truescale marines for decades and the alternatives were to either continue not making them at all, or just say "here, marines all look like this now, yours are obsolete". Making them a separate entity was the only feasible solution.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Ayn Marx posted:

No easy way to introduce them. I'm glad they did and kind of surprised they didn't include rules for playing with old Marines like the horrible stuff from AOS rollout.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

Ayn Marx posted:

I already own 120 biglys... they just look so loving amazing.

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.
Huh. It appears the StoneCrushers might be the best infantry horde-clearers in the game.

e:

dexefiend posted:

:magical:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

I spent today assembling my Biglys and a 1k army of them is even more terrifyingly small than I realized. 22 models.

dexefiend posted:

So you basically already own 6k of them! :v:

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

dexefiend posted:

I'll probably end up with that many over time when the multipart kits are out, but I'm not sure my sperg tendencies could tolerate so many repeat models :v

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

dexefiend posted:

Why? They are going to release kits of them soon and then you are stuck with a bunch of monoposes.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
Uh, yeah, it's not like they haven't done huge sweeping range updates ever before, nope. Utterly unthinkable scenario.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

LingcodKilla posted:

Why? They are going to release kits of them soon and then you are stuck with a bunch of monoposes.

Some hams want what they want.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I've been looking between old dread and new dread constantly, and the only differencr I'm seeing is knees. What am I missing?

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!

The Bee posted:

I've been looking between old dread and new dread constantly, and the only differencr I'm seeing is knees. What am I missing?

It's fucken huge and far more detailed. Also probably bigger, better guns

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
So what're y'all's thoughts on flying hive tyrants so far? Now that they don't have AP2 naturally, is it actually worth slapping a melee weapon on there or is it better to keep them ranged with something like two pairs of slime maggot deathspitters?

I built mine using the tyrannofex's fleshborer hive arms so I'm wondering if I should rip them off, use them as four deathspitters, or maybe some weird hybrid of scything talons and two deathspitters.

Miruvor
Jan 19, 2007
Pillbug
Despite all the issues with some of the forgeworld units, holy crap are the new Astra artillery pieces that much better;

All medusas are indirect fire 36" 1d6 heavy, str 10, ap -3 d3 damage and cheaper than a basilisk

Griffons and Bombards ignore cover which is much more crucial now

Storm Chimeras and Mars-pattern Russes get 2+ armour saves against strength 4 and lower..

Some fairly interesting units along with plenty of chaff.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

LingcodKilla posted:

How else do you get 18 marines for 60 bucks?

They arent "distractingly" monopose. I might have ordered too many, but i basically want a space marine force with no little 'uns.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Safety Factor posted:

So what're y'all's thoughts on flying hive tyrants so far? Now that they don't have AP2 naturally, is it actually worth slapping a melee weapon on there or is it better to keep them ranged with something like two pairs of slime maggot deathspitters?

I built mine using the tyrannofex's fleshborer hive arms so I'm wondering if I should rip them off, use them as four deathspitters, or maybe some weird hybrid of scything talons and two deathspitters.

My buddy runs his with a deathspitter and rending claws and it's done pretty well. Rending claws still give a good melee output but are free.

dexefiend posted:

How else do you get 18 marines for 60 bucks?

I got 30 marines for about $65 from people splitting up the 30k box sets on ebay

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Not even any leaks of what's going up for Orr-order tomorrow. I hope there's at least a bigly librarian soon, I got two extra LTs from eBay and I'm tempted to pick up a space marine heroes box to kit bash them into a librarian and chaplain.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Not even any leaks of what's going up for Orr-order tomorrow. I hope there's at least a bigly librarian soon, I got two extra LTs from eBay and I'm tempted to pick up a space marine heroes box to kit bash them into a librarian and chaplain.

Kitbashing biglys and little marines is gonna look weird. It's only really the helmets, backpacks and shoulders that are cross-compatible.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

LingcodKilla posted:

The monoposes convert nicely, and once the kits are released the starter halves are likely going to spike in eBay cost. (Their perceived value will be compared to the individual kits instead of 1/3rd of a starter box.)

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

This weekend's AoS and Blood Bowl MtO. I'd expect the new Marine stuff to come out a fortnight from now.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
So far my favorite errata is that the missiles on the Dark Angel jet are Heavy 1 on the datasheet, and then Heavy 10 in the index at the back of the book.

It's the row right below the Avenger cannon that the jet can take, which is Heavy 10, so clearly just a copy-paste fuckup, but man, firing 10 S7 AP-3 shots a turn. :allears:

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Kithkar posted:

It's fucken huge and far more detailed. Also probably bigger, better guns

Exactly. Size and details are the main difference I'm seeing, so I'm not sure where all the mecha comments are coming from.

JesusIsTehCool
Aug 26, 2002
I found a use for my old tactical cards, wound trackers!

Ordered smaller brads from amazon as the office supply store only had these giant ones. They are amazing but they take like 2 minutes to make and will last until someone makes cool/reasonably priced ones for 40k. I have a pretty nasty habit of picking up dice if they aren't bolted down so these will be pretty helpful.

I also ordered 8d3 cause rolling 5 or 6 d3s at a time doesn't seem like a rare occurrence in 8th.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

The Bee posted:

Exactly. Size and details are the main difference I'm seeing, so I'm not sure where all the mecha comments are coming from.

There's definite similarities to battletech in the arm and leg structure, also with the circular missile pod on the top. That's a very iconic look.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Some of the FW units are completely useless or utterly broken.

Take a Vulture Gunship with the Twin Cannon. Buff with a nearby officer and it gets 40 S5 D1 shots hitting on 3+ rerolling 1s against any target on the ground... For under 160 points.

Soggy Chips
Sep 26, 2006

Fear is the mind killer

chutche2 posted:

There's definite similarities to battletech in the arm and leg structure, also with the circular missile pod on the top. That's a very iconic look.

I feel the need to put the misslepod on the shoulder like the Thor/Summoner.
Curious to see what it will be like stat/points wise.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Proletariat Beowulf posted:

Huh. It appears the StoneCrushers might be the best infantry horde-clearers in the game.

e:

:magical:

Are the attacks from the bio-flail instead of its normal 4 or in addition?

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

chutche2 posted:

That's true. Especially the legs, which looked more hydraulic on the old dreads.

I'm kind of excited to see what options Primaris Dreads have. Hopefully we keep getting giant, flat missile arrays or guns adhered to the sides, instead of always having arms.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

Nifara posted:

Painting up my Genestealer Cults, first 40k minis for... drat, since 3rd was released.

Here's my Patriarch. Sorry for the rubbish photo setup.

This is extremely loving dope. I hope you post more of them.

TKIY posted:

Take a Vulture Gunship with the Twin Cannon. Buff with a nearby officer and it gets 40 S5 D1 shots hitting on 3+ rerolling 1s against any target on the ground... For under 160 points.

:getin:

That redemptor dread or whatever is rad as gently caress. I can't wait to get one.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

It kind of feels too Ed-209 for me.

Yeah, there is a photo floating around that is taken from a lower angle and it is very ED-209.

EDIT:

Megaspam
Mar 1, 2007

In this ever changing world in which we live in.

TKIY posted:

The Officer of the Fleet that buffs the Vulture doesn't need to be nearby. He does need to be within 18" of the enemy he is granting the rerolls against, though.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

The Bee posted:

That's true. Especially the legs, which looked more hydraulic on the old dreads.

I'm kind of excited to see what options Primaris Dreads have. Hopefully we keep getting giant, flat missile arrays or guns adhered to the sides, instead of always having arms.

At least one of the gun options is a big gatling cannon that looks like the Leman Russ Punisher's main gun.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

JesusIsTehCool posted:

I found a use for my old tactical cards, wound trackers!

Ordered smaller brads from amazon as the office supply store only had these giant ones. They are amazing but they take like 2 minutes to make and will last until someone makes cool/reasonably priced ones for 40k. I have a pretty nasty habit of picking up dice if they aren't bolted down so these will be pretty helpful.

I also ordered 8d3 cause rolling 5 or 6 d3s at a time doesn't seem like a rare occurrence in 8th.

What a cool idea! I was thinking of doing something similar for VP and CP. Magic the Gathering has a thing similar to this for tracking some stat, but it has a little wizard on the spinner.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

JoshTheStampede posted:

By RAW, you make your attacks and the flail just goes off when you fight, so in addition.

Add 4d3 scythe tail attacks and it's going to shred conscript/ork hordes. Tyranids need an anti-horde option too, so expect to see them on the table.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

At least one of the gun options is a big gatling cannon that looks like the Leman Russ Punisher's main gun.

Hopefully it'll be one of those "I throw out a giant bucket of dice and laugh" options, like the gatling cannons for the Leman Russ Demolisher or Taurox Prime. Those seem really fun, and I bet they'll be critical to help smaller armies like Primaris with wrangling hordes.

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

Proletariat Beowulf posted:

How so?

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

One attack with the flail for each enemy model within 2" and a further 4d3 attacks with the tail. Plow it into the middle of a blob and they either refuse to pile in (thus neutralizing them) or they pile in and get mulched.

It can easily put out 15-20 attacks a round for just over 100pts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.

JoshTheStampede posted:

Looks like it gets hit rolls = # of enemies within 2" instead of attacking, but Xtothez will need to clarify.