Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Kagawa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Dieumerci (Mbokani)

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Metro reporting Arsenal are confident of signing Mbappe. Someone post the picture please.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Metro reporting Arsenal are confident of signing Mbappe. Someone post the picture please.

I am not sure can you tell me if one of these is the picture you wanted?

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Whilst they are all amusing I wanted the metro chief sports reporter pic, the one with the haircut he apparently did himself.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
That should be in the OP of every transfer thread

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

brocked posted:

I'm sure you've heard "that Sanogo" in the heat of the moment

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Bacon Terrorist posted:

well im convinced

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Still can't believe he allowed himself to be photographed like this never mind be a man who is paid real money to write about football.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

HD was a mistake

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Future Premier League winner.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Xabi posted:

Future Premier League winner.

if he goes back to Chelsea

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

he's got the same chance of winning the premier league as he did at Roma

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Bacon Terrorist posted:

It's happening.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

How can Arsenal sign Mbappe when he's as good as signed for Liverpool already? :thunk:

https://twitter.com/TheAnfieldWrap/status/878219249583439875

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Sphyre posted:

How can Arsenal sign Mbappe when he's as good as signed for Liverpool already? :thunk:

https://twitter.com/TheAnfieldWrap/status/878219249583439875

We are all signing Mbappe this summer, my friend.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

blue footed boobie posted:

We are all signing Mbappe this summer, my friend.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
why do liverpool fans think he won't be the same ball greedy sulk he was at chelsea?

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Jean-Paul Boëtius back from FC Basel to the mighty FEYENOORD ROTTERDAM (Eredivisie Champions 2017) is a done deal.

https://twitter.com/Feyenoord/status/878251548186300416

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

kcer posted:

why do liverpool fans think he won't be the same ball greedy sulk he was at chelsea?

Because several recent Chelsea discards have gone on to have long, successful careers elsewhere where the system suited the player better?

De Bruyne, Lukaku, Mata, Cuadrado to name a few.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

kcer posted:

Who wouldn't sulk if they played for Chelsea?

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

kcer posted:

Sturridge is pretty good when he isn't injured though.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Because several recent Chelsea discards have gone on to have long, successful careers elsewhere where the system suited the player better?

De Bruyne, Lukaku, Mata, Cuadrado to name a few.

is this is a comment on Chelsea's incompetence or are you saying it's generally good practise to buy players who seem a bit poo poo in the hopes they're actually really good

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

kcer posted:

is this is a comment on Chelsea's incompetence or are you saying it's generally good practise to buy players who seem a bit poo poo in the hopes they're actually really good

Neither, merely that there are some players who aren't good fit at clubs and go on to be bigger and brighter stars other places, and that the Chelsea midfield especially has had a rash of these - for whatever reason - that have been quite obnoxious as a Chelsea fan supporter are ultimately inconsequential if you understand that player/system/team fit is as important as underlying talent when it comes to performing at the very top level. I wish Salah the best of luck at Liverpool.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

kcer posted:

How much time did you spend scouting De Bruyne, Lukaku and Salah before deciding they were a bit poo poo?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
It's a dumb list of players that made the list on Twitter yesterday. The idea was supposed to be that the players progressed incredibly since leaving Chelsea who won the league twice since then. So the point is saying that the player has better personal stats (clearly not for fan favourite Juan Mata) is better after having left the club.

Naturally it was started by some Liverpool supporting try hard who's already busting over the year where they definitely will win their first Premier League title because they finally signed Salah after 4 years of effort.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Strawman posted:

How much time did you spend scouting De Bruyne, Lukaku and Salah before deciding they were a bit poo poo?

just in England or in Europe too?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

kcer posted:

Seems to be generally good practice to buy Chelsea's castoffs tbh.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

hadji murad posted:

It's a dumb list of players that made the list on Twitter yesterday. The idea was supposed to be that the players progressed incredibly since leaving Chelsea who won the league twice since then. So the point is saying that the player has better personal stats (clearly not for fan favourite Juan Mata) is better after having left the club.

Naturally it was started by some Liverpool supporting try hard who's already busting over the year where they definitely will win their first Premier League title because they finally signed Salah after 4 years of effort.
Yeah, Cheslea were lucky to get rid of KDB, Schürrle, Sturridge, Lukaku, Salah, Cuadrado and Juan Mata when they did. I can't think of a single Chelsea fan that would want any of that pile of dogshit back in their side at any point since they left the club.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

blue footed boobie posted:

Seems to be generally good practice to buy Chelsea's castoffs tbh.

Robert Huth, premier league winner, was a Chelsea cast off and also a Stoke castoff.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

OT1H you can't really argue with the success the Chels have managed but OTOH those are some really good players and I think any of them would be a good addition to our squad.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Top teams sell good players. You see Barca and Madrid selling a lot of good players too. Good players play a bigger role at smaller clubs and get better stats. It's not a big deal.

also Chelsea won the league this year so what is this even about.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Monaco's Fabinho wants to go to Man Utd, but people suspect that Matic and even Dier are above him on Mourinho's wish list.

If we pass on him and sign loving Matic I will be angry :rant:

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/23/arsenal-alexandre-lacazette-lyon-record-bid

Well this has come out of nowhere. Arsenal are apparently making a 44m bet for lacazette with lyon ready to accept and lacazette willing to move as athletico, who were his first choice, have a transfer ban

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Too bad for Mbappe that Arsenal favor Lacazette over him. :negative:

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Juan Mata owned, played a bunch for Chelsea, and won champs and europa.

De Bruyne never got a fair chance at Chelsea to prove his worth because he wasn't a great defender (and still isn't). He is very good at playing a central attacking role, though! But so is Cesc Fabregas.

Lukaku never really got a chance to prove his worth at Chelsea either. He has been a great striker for Everton, though. Diego Costa has 52 goals in 89 apps in the league though, hard to argue it was the wrong choice to sell him.

Cuadrado, meh. I would have loved to see him play in the Moses role this season, but oh well.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

PirateBob posted:

Too bad for Mbappe that Arsenal favor Lacazette over him. :negative:

Lacazette has scored 37 this season, mbappe only 26 :chord:

wenger has gaslighted everyone into spending silly money on a fraud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

wenger has gaslighted everyone into spending silly money on a fraud

Usually Wenger excels at doing that to himself.

• Locked thread