Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Will always pimp Stamsorc and Magplar. Both are amazingly fun and easy to play, you feel invincible and do all content. And without Adventurer's pack (I don't have it) you can only be Nord, Dunmer, or Argonian to be EP. Granted, faction only matters for PvP stuff now, whole game is open to everyone, but know that going in.

That said, make an Argonian, because we're the master race. And play Magplar, because they're so fun and easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

I decided to make myself a present for my 30th...

Final bit of research is in progress for the 3rd piece of the set.

Anybody that would be willing to make me a set of cheapo white staves with sharpened for me to research the trait? I could also really use a heavy chest with Divines.

Thanks!

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
I've been leveling a lizard Dragon Knight dude and my hot take on this game is that it is a good game, which I like. I'm not sure why people bash it. I think the combat and story are great.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
They haven't updated the quest dialogue for the end of the main quest since the One Tamriel update. It will immediately become apparent when you get to that point why this used to be a bad game.

The combat is genuinely good, though. I couldn't really get into Skyrim, but I remember the combat being a lot sloppier in that, with ESO feeling like a simplified/more forgiving Dark Souls.

The Locator posted:

I decided to make myself a present for my 30th...

Of all the equipment in the game you can make for yourself, this probably sounds the most like something that belongs in a Daedric sex dungeon.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Jun 22, 2017

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

So, since Sotha reset today I decided to roll out my StamSorc again...

...except I decided to go full cancer with my build

Naturally, people were none too pleased about it...

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Hahaha, that's an awesome build. I assume Dual Wield is your other bar?

I almost realized the potential of the Red Mountain and Fire sets a while back, but I didn't consider using them both together, and got hung up on them not really working with mag. DK, the fire damage class.

Edit: Or I guess you could do a PvE mag. DK with those, if each time Elemental Blockade hits counts as doing damage with a weapon ability. Also I still don't know if damage from staves is considered "weapon damage."

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Jun 22, 2017

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Scyantific posted:

So, since Sotha reset today I decided to roll out my StamSorc again...

...except I decided to go full cancer with my build

Naturally, people were none too pleased about it...

Put that chat excerpt in the OP. That is some really weapons-grade salt.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
We should really promote deconstruct circlejerk more so new people who don't play during main time zones can get their research together more easily. Also it might be a good idea to get one of the less popular traders, I've seen some with less than 60 items up in total so they can't be that expensive.

DoriDori240
Aug 1, 2003

Needs more Anna Ohura
Anyone, and I really mean anyone, should feel free to post up in chat if they need something for research. I may throw 1 each sharpened weapon and divines body piece into the guild bank, if people would find it useful.

DoriDori240
Aug 1, 2003

Needs more Anna Ohura
Also...anyone interested in some magblade pvp build talk? I know of somethings...

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Rollersnake posted:

Hahaha, that's an awesome build. I assume Dual Wield is your other bar?

I almost realized the potential of the Red Mountain and Fire sets a while back, but I didn't consider using them both together, and got hung up on them not really working with mag. DK, the fire damage class.

Edit: Or I guess you could do a PvE mag. DK with those, if each time Elemental Blockade hits counts as doing damage with a weapon ability. Also I still don't know if damage from staves is considered "weapon damage."
Nope, 2handed because I now have 3 Maelstrom 2Handers (all Defending :smith:). Plus Rally is too good to not use in pvp.

Red Mountain and Way of Fire both work on Weapon Abilities, meaning that Destruction Staff skills can proc the effects; and since it's flame damage, magic-based characters can hit a lot harder with them too (the tooltips on my magsorc were 10k and 7k, RM and WoF respectively). There was a sorcerer in my pvp guild that abused the poo poo out of that and Winterborn. A++ would chemotherapy again.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Jun 22, 2017

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Weelllpppp

quote:

Legendary Rewards
  • Crown Crafting Motif: Draugr Style
  • Crown Crafting Motif: Minotaur Style
  • Crown Crafting Motif: Order Hour Style

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Very mediocre costumes and mounts but the best pets. The only thing that sucks about them is that I can't decide which one I want to use first.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
I bought the majestic feather-mullet with gems I had saved up from the last set. There's nothing else I really want, so that worked out nicely.

It even plays well with certain hats.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jun 22, 2017

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

What are those pink gems that show as a currency needed to buy some of the stuff in the crown store? Are they in game rewards of some kind or get them in the crates or.. something?

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

The Locator posted:

What are those pink gems that show as a currency needed to buy some of the stuff in the crown store? Are they in game rewards of some kind or get them in the crates or.. something?

Yeah, you get them by turning the garbage in the crates into them by pressing the "I don't want this" button.

Don't buy crates.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Aramek posted:

Yeah, you get them by turning the garbage in the crates into them by pressing the "I don't want this" button.

Don't buy crates.

I wasn't planning to, but thank you for the information!

I've done the 'crate' type stuff in other games, but none of those mounts really interest me at all, so meh... I just use crates, mounts and stuff as a way to use my 'free' money from the subscription, might as well do something with it.

I bought a bear mount, but the gait it runs with annoys me. Maybe I'll get one of those firey stallions, they look pretty cool.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

The Locator posted:

I wasn't planning to, but thank you for the information!

I've done the 'crate' type stuff in other games, but none of those mounts really interest me at all, so meh... I just use crates, mounts and stuff as a way to use my 'free' money from the subscription, might as well do something with it.

I bought a bear mount, but the gait it runs with annoys me. Maybe I'll get one of those firey stallions, they look pretty cool.

The crates in teso are insanely bad. The odds are terrible and the rewards never worth it even if you do get lucky.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Honestly do they make more off crate whales than they would if they just put everything on the store and stopped having these things expire ? 4000 crown mounts, 1000 crown aura mementos, 1000 crown costumes?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Yes gacha boxes make more than direct purchases.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Honestly do they make more off crate whales than they would if they just put everything on the store and stopped having these things expire ? 4000 crown mounts, 1000 crown aura mementos, 1000 crown costumes?

they make a shitton from them yeah

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
The Steam sale has a package with One Tamriel and Morrowind for $40. Worth it? I'm bored, and I want an RPG that I can sink a lot of time into. I played a bit of the trial, didn't stick with it, but I didn't give it much of a chance. From what I played, the combat seemed... decent enough? What's PVP like? What is Goon activity like?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Revol posted:

The Steam sale has a package with One Tamriel and Morrowind for $40. Worth it? I'm bored, and I want an RPG that I can sink a lot of time into. I played a bit of the trial, didn't stick with it, but I didn't give it much of a chance. From what I played, the combat seemed... decent enough? What's PVP like? What is Goon activity like?

Thats a pretty good deal tbh. Goons are pretty active, roll Ebonheart Pact if you want to hang with goons and do PVP.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Revol posted:

if you like vanilla skyrim you'll like it

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
It's a way better single player game than Skyrim and if you get tired of that well the multi player stuff is right there too.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Best unmodded TES game since Morrowind tbh

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
I would like for someone to chain vet crypt of hearts with me so I can get my tank set going, my normal group hasn't really been around lately and I need to get this poo poo done.

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
I bought some crates with crowns I had stockpiled from the last sale. They should just rename them "Nix Hound Crates" - I got 10 of them in the 15 I opened.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

if i have ESO through steam, do I also have to buy morrowind through steam?

i assume so but the price is much better on instantgaming so...

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
So I still haven't done at least 2/3 of the group dungeons in the game. Fungal Grotto I is clearly the easiest, and Cradle of Shadows, White-Gold Tower, and Mazzatun are considered the hardest, but I'm not sure about the ones in between. Can someone who's done them all rank the dungeons from easiest to hardest? Which ones besides FG1 are soloable?

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jun 23, 2017

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

I dunno about soloable, not to say you can't, but, like, don't. Seems like a pain in the rear end that's less fun that grabbing a rando pub group.

Vaults of Madness is just as easy as FG1 to me.

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
Vaults of Madness is pretty easy, even on vet. I'm not sure how it got the stigma of being so tough.

That said, I loving hate Cradle of Shadows. Though that's likely because I keep trying to pug it to get my Velidreth hat and find nothing but disappointment.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Beefeater posted:

Vaults of Madness is pretty easy, even on vet. I'm not sure how it got the stigma of being so tough.

That said, I loving hate Cradle of Shadows. Though that's likely because I keep trying to pug it to get my Velidreth hat and find nothing but disappointment.

Pugging vCoS is awful. It's actually one of my most completed DLC vet hm dungeons and I've pugged it a bunch of times(Still haven't beaten RoM hm nor have I really tried ICP hm, WGT is pretty ezpz as long as your group has some brain power). Just don't loving pug the DLC dungeons, try to get goons to do it, which is sometimes hard because the DLC dungeons take forever so no one wants to do them.

Rollersnake posted:

So I still haven't done at least 2/3 of the group dungeons in the game. Fungal Grotto I is clearly the easiest, and Cradle of Shadows, White-Gold Tower, and Mazzatun are considered the hardest, but I'm not sure about the ones in between. Can someone who's done them all rank the dungeons from easiest to hardest? Which ones besides FG1 are soloable?

CoA1 is really loving easy too, can solo vet with my stamsorc. I'm not going to go through every dungeon and rate them, but all the dungeons are pretty easy, the DLC dungeons are harder than the rest(WGT,RoM,ICP and CoS) and you probably don't want to try to solo those. The 2s just have larger mob packs and more hp, but I generally think single mob DPS is the same, so if you can blow up groups of mobs quickly, you can probably solo them. Selene's Web is also slightly harder than the other non-DLC dungeons in my opinion, and spindleclutch 1 the boss mob (at least on vet) has a dumb one-shot kill mechanic that is really loving hard to dodge.

You can solo most normal dungeons unless they have a mechanic that specifically requires 2 people, such as FG2, the 2nd boss will grab a random player, then others have to kill a shadow to break you free, if not done quickly enough the held player dies, I can ALMOST solo that with stamsorc if I drop endless hail, hurricane and have a trap ready to hit the shadow, but I just can't quite do it, probably could if I changed up some skills specifically for that fight.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
How essential/awesome is the DLC in the Gold Edition? I own Tamriel Unlimited from several years ago, but never purchased any of the pre-Morrowind DLC. Was thinking of seeing if any of it went on sale with the Steam Summer Sale, but it looks like you can only buy into the base game + Morrowind right now at a reduced price.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Yeah man get back to me I'll dungeon with you.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Siets posted:

How essential/awesome is the DLC in the Gold Edition? I own Tamriel Unlimited from several years ago, but never purchased any of the pre-Morrowind DLC. Was thinking of seeing if any of it went on sale with the Steam Summer Sale, but it looks like you can only buy into the base game + Morrowind right now at a reduced price.

If you sub you get all DLC for "free", dunno if you plan to sub (if you plan to play an extended amount of time, I would sub), if you aren't sure you're going to stick around a while you can wait on the DLC. Thieves guild DLC adds uhhh I forget the province name, but the thieves guild and the thieves guild skill line, both of which are fun and useful. Dark brotherhood adds Gold Coast province and the dark brotherhood + skill line, again, useful, not essential, also fun. I forget what the DLC is that adds the 3 dungeons but that's probably the least needed DLC, though if you like group stuff it's good.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Shadows of the Hist is not part of the gold pack but also dumb and you don't need it. Imperial City is part of the gold pack and slightly less dumb but you don't need that either. When you're new not having any DLC is actually preferable since random dungeons are level restricted except for DLC dungeons but those are also hard so having at least one person in the group when you queue for low level dungeons is beneficial since you will get the massive xp bonus without running the risk of being put into one of the DLC dungeons that are at best a massive pain to do.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Now that I have experienced the magic that is the Crafting bag of Holding, and double bank space, I'm pretty sure I could never play this game without a sub again.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

The following list assumes Veteran difficulty because lol if u do normal mode.

"This dungeon is bullshit I loving quit this game" - Tier
  • Ruins of Mazzatun
  • Cradle of Shadows
"Goddamnit don't PUG these dungeons" - Tier (aka the "Dori/Sluggo/Dandy/Froid/Scy 4-DPS training run - Tier)
  • Imperial City Prison
  • White-Gold Tower
  • City of Ash II
  • Crypt of Hearts II
  • Banished Cells II
  • Fungal Grotto II
  • Tempest Island
  • Darkshade Caverns II
"Might need a Tank" - Tier
  • Blessed Crucible
  • Spindleclutch II
  • Wayrest Sewers I
  • Wayrest Sewers II
  • Banished Cells I
  • Selene's Web
"4DPS Bulldozing Through the Delve while drunk and on Discord" - Tier
  • Direfrost Keep
  • Arx Corinium
  • Elden Hollow II
  • Elden Hollow I
  • Volenfell
  • Blackheart Haven
  • Vaults of Madness
"The Only Reason I'm Running This with 3 Other People is because I want the Gear" - Tier
  • Crypt of Hearts I
  • City of Ash I
  • Darkshade Caverns I
  • Fungal Grotto I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Any idea where the Vvardenfell public dungeons fall in this list? I tried soloing the Nchuleftingth dungeon last night when I couldn't sleep, and I was able to get through it and nab the skyshard, but the bosses wiped the floor with me. Of course I'm level 35 with mixed purple/blue/green gear and none of those fancy C point things. Was fun to give it a shot anyway.