Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yithian
Jun 19, 2005

CirclMastr posted:

The Fall Guys themselves help against Best Defense. But it doesn't address the issue of what kind of deck you're building where you controllably go down to zero cards before your end of turn triggers.

It's Faust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

Even if it did, are you gonna sink 6+ credits on something that can be Best Defensed before you can trigger it?

Is x treated as zero in play, no matter how much you spend on it or something silly like that?

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

TheParadigm posted:

Is x treated as zero in play, no matter how much you spend on it or something silly like that?

Yep.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

So I stream NetRunner weekly on Wednesdays at 7pm Eastern at twitch.tv/sofajusticewarriors

I've been streaming as if all my viewers were completely competent and well-versed in every timing window and intricacy, and using NetRunner shorthand (saying "Kitty" instead of Quantum Predictive Model, etc)

I'm curious if, when you watch a stream, you want something that's at that competitive level, or if you'd prefer something a little more introductory. Maybe not, "this is how to play the game with the core set only," but just going slower and talking through my moves and lines.

I know that this is a pretty self-selecting thread and everyone here is mostly on that fluent level, but curious if you would prefer something more elementary in their streams. I love Ben Ni's vids with the powerpoint intro/outro's explaining goals and lessons, but since I'm livestreaming that's not really possible for me.

Thanks for the input, and may your mushins never be traps.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I know I like when streamers talk out their thought processes and such like that. Educational for the newer viewers, and the more experienced viewers might be able to provide feedback and help you improve. Might also help you realize a strategy / choice of move isn’t as strong as you initially think it.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
As someone not up to date on the newest cards i wouldn't mind it if you hovered over the cards a little longer

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

please knock Mom! posted:

As someone not up to date on the newest cards i wouldn't mind it if you hovered over the cards a little longer

This, and if you keep using shorthand try to mention the actual name of the card the first time too. At some point during your last stream (I think) you resized the interface to make it bigger and that was a major improvement for me.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
poo poo, I keep up with all the new cards and I'm baffled 90% of the time someone mentions a deck archetype. Why the poo poo do netrunner deck names never actually portray what the deck actually does?

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

CodfishCartographer posted:

poo poo, I keep up with all the new cards and I'm baffled 90% of the time someone mentions a deck archetype. Why the poo poo do netrunner deck names never actually portray what the deck actually does?

What, you mean Penguins isn't a perfect description of what that deck does? :colbert:

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...

So I stream NetRunner weekly on Wednesdays at 7pm Eastern at twitch.tv/sofajusticewarriors

I'm one of your regulars (SnowB0und over on Twitch), just wanted to let you know I enjoy the stream, you have a pretty good set up for it.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

This, and if you keep using shorthand try to mention the actual name of the card the first time too.

This, because I still can't keep up with the horrid nicknames used in the community.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Ok gang. Link me to dead simple, straightforward and powerful decks and I'll play em tonight. I'm thinking Gabe and BaBW?

E: What am I forgetting in these:

Regass Gabe

Regass BaBW

Shrecknet fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jun 21, 2017

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Ok gang. Link me to dead simple, straightforward and powerful decks and I'll play em tonight. I'm thinking Gabe and BaBW?

E: What am I forgetting in these:

Regass Gabe

Regass BaBW

Forbidden links.

AgentF
May 11, 2009

Midjack posted:

This, because I still can't keep up with the horrid nicknames used in the community.

Tickle the Baby!

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

CirclMastr posted:

Forbidden links.

I fixed them (I think)?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I fixed them (I think)?

I'm still getting 403 forbidden errors.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

CirclMastr posted:

I'm still getting 403 forbidden errors.

That's a lot of errors

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Machai posted:

That's a lot of errors

I am persistent.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

CirclMastr posted:

I am persistent.

Well now it's up on twitch.tv/sofajustice, you can see them in color. Gabe (which was basically a disaster) starts at like a minute in, BaBW (which was shockingly still good) is at about 1:45

LordNat
May 16, 2009
http://ancur.wikia.com/wiki/Blood_and_Water_UFAQ

quote:

Standoff:
Can players trash their opponent's cards during a Standoff?

Yes.

I just love FFG's amazing typesetting.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

I would not have read that card that way. Huh.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

So, Standoff is unplayable, got it.

LordNat
May 16, 2009

CirclMastr posted:

So, Standoff is unplayable, got it.

I think it might be the new worst card in the game. 2/0 Agenda that lets the runner trash one of your ICE or Remotes with almost zero risk.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

run three hostiles and warriod trackers

Slio
Jan 17, 2009

That's absolutely dreadful in multiple ways. Not only is that completely not what the card says, now it changes the card from "Spend my turn to trash your stuff" into "Spend my turn to Trash All My ICE".

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

Even in the deck that would ostensibly want it--hatchet job skorp--the runner is just gonna give you 5 bucks and a card any time they're actually vulnerable to getting locked out from a program trash, so basically you played the world's worst Green Level Clearance.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Slio posted:

That's absolutely dreadful in multiple ways. Not only is that completely not what the card says, now it changes the card from "Spend my turn to trash your stuff" into "Spend my turn to Trash All My ICE".

It's definitely what the card says. As written, it does not specify that each player trashes one of their own cards, just an installed card. Whether this is what FFG intended it to be is anyone's guess.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Slio posted:

Don't forget getting any and all upgrades and agendas trashed. It can basically be a board reset, honestly. Except runners have way way more ways to bring poo poo back from the trash than the corp does, soooo...

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Also, all of you guys saying it becomes a board clear are forgetting that the corp can decline to trash anything. At most, you're out 1 card unless you really want to keep things going. This does not make it better, mind you, but it's never going to be a complete disaster.

Yithian
Jun 19, 2005

If only there were some way to catch these kinds of errors before the cards were printed.

:effort:

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways

Kaethela posted:

Also, all of you guys saying it becomes a board clear are forgetting that the corp can decline to trash anything. At most, you're out 1 card unless you really want to keep things going. This does not make it better, mind you, but it's never going to be a complete disaster.

Right. You can spend 3 clicks and 2 credits to let the runner trash any card they want and get a 0 point agenda. Like an incredibly lovely version of Domestic Sleepers.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Yithian posted:

If only there were some way to catch these kinds of errors before the cards were printed.

:effort:

But I mean, in the FAQ they could have just said "no, players can only trash their own cards" and left it at that. It still wouldn't be an amazing card, but then at least you're guaranteeing either the runner trashes something or you get 5c (after having spent 2c and 3 clicks...) which you could then sacrifice later. The fact that they explicitly say "yes, the runner can trash your stuff" makes me believe it's intentional. I dunno what weirdo strategy they have in mind for that kind of thing but this just seems...baffling.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

You can't even score it for Archer food because the Runner may just trash the unrezzed Archer. It's only purpose might be as something to feed the Runner out of Argus.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Even if the runner trashes and you retaliate and take one crucial piece, they can repeat the cycle. You will never, ever come out ahead. It should have been corp going first, not runner, so it always sniped a key piece, at the cost of getting ice/important upgrades destroyed. That seems more Weyland-ish than anything, "we will burn your home down even if it's in an apartment complex we own"

I am well aware that giving the corp a no-questions-asked way to destroy a key piece of the runner's rig (like The Supplier or Off-Campus Apartment or Mopus) is devastating, but:

1) It's in Weyland and 100% non-splashable

2) You will also lose your most important piece, and corps can't recur as easily as runners

3) It's worth 0 Agenda points

4) Runners need to pack more than x1 of each breaker, they are way too complacent! :argh:

Shrecknet fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jun 24, 2017

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Yeah, I totally read Standoff as you having to trash your own poo poo. That makes no sense with the art. I guess it makes sense thematically. I guess it is good turn one and to sac to Jemison later on. This card is a huge liability once you get any kind of board state whatsoever. Seems garbage.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
It's part of the new Weyland never install meta.

AgentF
May 11, 2009
There is no way in the world, based on the theme and name of the card, that it was intended for players to trash anything on the table. They messed up the writing and are now pretending it was intentional. It sort of makes sense if you are supposed to trash your own cards. It makes no sense from any angle if you trash anything on the table.

As it is there is the very edge case scenario where the runner installs some stuff turn 1 and then you rush out a Standoff in order to either hurt their early game setup or otherwise gain 5cr. It's not very good at all but at least it isn't an "unplayable" scenario.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

vandalism posted:

Yeah, I totally read Standoff as you having to trash your own poo poo. That makes no sense with the art. I guess it makes sense thematically. I guess it is good turn one and to sac to Jemison later on. This card is a huge liability once you get any kind of board state whatsoever. Seems garbage.
Even when it comes to Jemison it's just much, much worse than Hostile Takeover since it's not worth any points itself. Don't know why you'd ever run it.

edit: maaaybe as a combo with Warrioid Tracker but that's a lot of effort to make a 2/0 with a big downside worth using.

Zephro fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Jun 24, 2017

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Maybe some upcoming cards will make it better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

vandalism posted:

Maybe some upcoming cards will make it better.

Even if they printed an asset that gave your cards Hexproof it would still just be "Green Level Clearance, but a triple"

• Locked thread