Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Devoyniche posted:

Does nobody have the Fragmaster reading of this? I think I might. I might be able to find and upload it so it isnt lost, because it was pretty funny I think.

i don't know if it's fragmaster for sure but i had this as fzero.mp3

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=78542458414451770054

i just uploaded it to the first site that came up on a search for "file upload" so hopefully that's a real service and not just a malware site

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devoyniche
Dec 21, 2008

Frankston posted:

I can't for the life of me put on a screen protector without getting dust trapped underneath it. I got one of those amFilm ones today (good that they come in packs of two because one of the screens had a big mark on it already so I couldn't use that one). I spent a good 10-15 minutes meticulously cleaning and going over the screen (& protector) to make sure there was no dust on it whatsoever. Did the steamed bathroom thing and everything.

Yep, as soon as that thing went on there are two bits of dust lint sticking out like a sore thumb. I don't really want to spend more money on protectors seeing as this is my 3rd goddamn attempt so I'll just learn to deal with it.

I had a bigass bubble in mine, btu after 24 hours in the dock, it went away, I dunno what happened but it went away. I had my sister help me put it on and when there was a bubble, she tried to push it out as far as she could, as fast as possible until she couldnt move it anymore, so maybe that had an effect. Same screen so it may happen to you. Otherwise, you just learn to look past it. I have a bubble in my bottom 3DS screen protector, and you dont notice it if youre playing games, it's mostly if the screen is a solid color or something.

^^^ Thanks bud. Ive been drinking and that's hilarious.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Devoyniche posted:

Does nobody have the Fragmaster reading of this? I think I might. I might be able to find and upload it so it isnt lost, because it was pretty funny I think.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

For those of you asking about more dream courses there was a group of people who really put in some time and made a game grumps hack to the rom with about 150 new levels. From what I saw the levels actually had some thought into them and were not just a bunch of Mario maker type bullshit. They were able to play through them no problem.

https://www.reddit.com/r/KDCGameGrumps/comments/50kndy/grumps_dream_course_10_is_here_get_the_patch/

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Stan Taylor posted:

I still think they should do another tilt n tumble on the switch. It's the perfect platform for it!!

Did you know that there are people who think you can't play Kirby Tilt n Tumble on a GBA SP or a Gameboy Player? I call them "cowards."

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Detective No. 27 posted:

Maybe I'm a broken person, but I loved the gyro levels in SF0. I'd buy an entire game of just that.

Nothing wrong with that, but breaking up the pace of the zoomy rails shooter with slow (however fun) segments was... not universally loved, let's say.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

the best forgotten kirby game is star stacker

i could go for some dream course with a course editor and hd rumble stuff though

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The Bloop posted:

Nothing wrong with that, but breaking up the pace of the zoomy rails shooter with slow (however fun) segments was... not universally loved, let's say.

I totally understand. I tried really hard to like that game overall. But sometimes you can't fight the tide.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I didn't have the SF0 controls once I understood how they were supposed to work. It took way longer to get used to them than someone could reasonably expect to spend trying before putting the game down and saying "gently caress this" though.

I haven't played it in a long time so I probably wouldn't remember how to play now, either. And come to think of it, I never even played the pack-in bonus game with Slippy's nephew or whatever.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That I don't really understand. I got used to those controls by the time the Arwing reached land in the first level.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Just spent 2 hours playing MC with Lobster using Discord. They were playing handheld in bed and I was docked with my Pro Controller.

Switch is awesome.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Beastie posted:

Just spent 2 hours playing MC with Lobster using Discord. They were playing handheld in bed and I was docked with my Pro Controller.

Switch is awesome.

I'm super hype for the update that allows crossplay with the windows 10 version. I think having bought it in the alpha I can get a code for that one and then play coop with GF on the switch hell yeah.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

If you guys aren't turning on showers I don't know what's wrong with you, because I just re-applied mine because I realized it had trapped finger prints under it and fixed it easily with the second one.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Yodzilla posted:

The amFilm option seems to be the current best bet. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N3ASPNV

This one hosed up my Switch screen. Somehow a speck of dust got embedded in the screen when I put the protector on.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Strawberry Panda posted:

This one hosed up my Switch screen. Somehow a speck of dust got embedded in the screen when I put the protector on.

Did you have dust on it when you laid it down? It's just a piece of tempered glass, I don't know how it'd be different than any other.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Yodzilla posted:

Did you have dust on it when you laid it down? It's just a piece of tempered glass, I don't know how it'd be different than any other.

I didn't. I cleaned the screen with the provided materials. It was the first thing I did after opening the Switch.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
lmfao you screen protector people are so insane, I love it.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
"Yeah let me just add a layer of material between the screen and my eyes, that will definitely make the picture quality look better" -people in 2017.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

I think people put them on to protect the screen, not make the clarity better

also you people applying them, are you doing it in the bathroom with the shower on? cause most likely your goon house is full of dust and is causing it to land

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Bill Barber posted:

"Yeah let me just add a layer of material between the screen and my eyes, that will definitely make the picture quality look better" -people in 2017.

Literally nobody buys a screen protector for this.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

C-SPAN Caller posted:

also you people applying them, are you doing it in the bathroom with the shower on? cause most likely your goon house is full of dust and is causing it to land

I didn't know this was something that had to be done in the bathroom. I guess I know for next time but will probably never apply a screen protector ever again since I've never actually had a problem with screens scratching,

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

C-SPAN Caller posted:

i just did it in my living room and other then a few air bubbles everything went fine

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Bill Barber posted:

Lmao

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
i distinctly remember someone in this thread claiming that the screen protector made the image quality better

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Bill Barber posted:

where did the screen protectors touch you lmao

you should try tempered glass screen protectors sometime, seriously they're really good, the ignorance in your post makes it clear that you haven't actually ever tried one!

my note 4 from 2015 has one, visibility and functionally are completely unhindered, and the screen below is pristine. Protector + case = mint condition for years with literally no detriment to function or visibility

resale money, bro, devices that are kept in pristine condition sell for a lot more than devices that have clearly been heavily used for years and some of us are smart little cookies who make good money off of our old devices whenever we buy new dumb children's toys or portable phones

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

KingSlime posted:

you should try tempered glass screen protectors sometime, seriously they're really good, the ignorance in your post makes it clear that you haven't actually ever tried one!

my note 4 from 2015 has one, visibility and functionally are completely unhindered, and the screen below is pristine. Protector + case = mint condition for years with literally no detriment to function or visibility

resale money, bro, devices that are kept in pristine condition sell for a lot more than devices that have clearly been heavily used for years
ok bro

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
also i googled nintendo switch + screen scratches, i suggest you do the same and marvel at the extensive list of complaints

my phone is gorilla glass but i think the switch uses shittier tech

E: yep low quality plastic lol

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

HyperPuma posted:

i distinctly remember someone in this thread claiming that the screen protector made the image quality better

i can't vouch for the switch but bizarrely enough, I had a small gash in a DS lite that bled light when the console was on, and I poo poo you not it "went away" when I plopped down a Hori protector

it was really cool and i have no idea how it worked but I was a p. happy camper

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

HyperPuma posted:

Mine looks much better with it on

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

KingSlime posted:

resale money, bro, devices that are kept in pristine condition sell for a lot more than devices that have clearly been heavily used for years and some of us are smart little cookies who make good money off of our old devices whenever we buy new dumb children's toys or portable phones

is this real

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Yeah the Switch looks nice but its screen is made of some poo poo tier material.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

HyperPuma posted:

is this real

*looks at extensive list of screen protectors for sale for literally any device you can imagine*

no it's all in ur head dude

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Even if it's just placebo screen protectors make me worry less when I use my expensive electronics

They also work which is a nice side benefit

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
i have dropped my phone several times, once on a sidewalk and once in a tiled kitchen. Both incidents caused my screen to crack

fortunately i was able to peel off the glass screen protector, replace it with another $10 one, viola no damage to my $600 smartphone!

how is this even a controversial stance, especially when the switch's screen is poo poo tier plastic? the switch thread continues to be the most hosed up thread in Games lmao

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

KingSlime posted:

*looks at extensive list of screen protectors for sale for literally any device you can imagine*

no it's all in ur head dude

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

its made of plastic so the screen doesnt crack

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

HyperPuma posted:

its made of plastic so the screen doesnt crack

KingSlime posted:

i googled nintendo switch + screen scratches, i suggest you do the same and marvel at the extensive list of complaints

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
This post was written on a slightly scratched iPhone with no case, screen protector, or Apple care. I also charge my protectorless switch using a 10 dollar cable plugged into a usbc wall wart. Get on my level son.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
I keep my Switch in my giant cargo jorts pocket along with my keys, bottle cap collection, and a half dozen roofing nails because gently caress you that's why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

KingSlime posted:

i have dropped my phone several times, once on a sidewalk and once in a tiled kitchen. Both incidents caused my screen to crack

fortunately i was able to peel off the glass screen protector, replace it with another $10 one, viola no damage to my $600 smartphone!

how is this even a controversial stance, especially when the switch's screen is poo poo tier plastic? the switch thread continues to be the most hosed up thread in Games lmao

I mean I believe you. But my Switch screen is already damaged because it's a poo poo screen so protecting it doesn't really matter to me anymore.

The best part about the Switch is if the screen gets hosed up you can just put it into the dock and use it on your TV!

• Locked thread