Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler
Hey so I heard the sun rises in the southwest and sets in the northeast. c/d?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Raged posted:

Is there anything in the top 2 founders packs that are worth the extra moola?

It's just extra cosmetics. So it's up to you if you want those. Personally I would just get the basic pack.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I'm happy this game will be B2P instead of F2P/sub based on release. Seems like it'd be an easy one to ruin through nickle and diming. Apparently there'll be a cosmetic shop later.

Are there chairs at all in the game currently or are cannons still your de facto choice of seat? I know it'd be suicidal to make a fancy floating palace and not have it armed to the teeth but I'd love to make a flying decadence craft with chandeliers and poo poo.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Yay, tossed my $35 at it just now.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
I picked up a key and am installing now

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Commoners posted:

Same, but installing remotely. Which kind of has me a little worried that it is downloading onto my home PC instead of some random foreigner's PC. :ohdear:

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Try to region block Aussies. Hahaha be been getting around this poo poo for years.

Start up TSA training after i get some sleep

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
http://store.steampowered.com/app/271920/Worlds_Adrift_Island_Creator/

Has anyone created a goatse island yet?

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Do we need invites to the discord? Could not get in via the one in the OP. If so PM it to me

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Raged posted:

Is there anything in the top 2 founders packs that are worth the extra moola?

If the game gets popular and gets marketplace support than the items could be worth hundreds (see pubg) otherwise no.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Commoners posted:

Oh no!!!

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

yes and i posted it in our discord, also on the steam workshop because i have no self preservation instinct

Bede
Jun 2, 2006

I wasn't even around for the goblin baby vote
Managed to get a key today. Bede in discord if someone could add me.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

Tollymain posted:

yes and i posted it in our discord, also on the steam workshop because i have no self preservation instinct

The hero we deserve.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Just looked out of curiosity, there appear to still be keys available. I had fun with this during the alpha but $35 seems steep for something that's not finished.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Platonicsolid posted:

I had fun with this during the alpha but $35 seems steep for something that's not finished.

I'm in the same boat :downsrim:. Especially with the steam sale on right now.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Platonicsolid posted:

Just looked out of curiosity, there appear to still be keys available. I had fun with this during the alpha but $35 seems steep for something that's not finished.

It's not about the quality of the game. It's about it's salt content.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.
TsaoNima on Discord; I just bought this, should I be trying to make my own ship or wait for other people I can join up with?

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Will likely drop on later this evening. If someone could PM me a discord invite that would be swell.
edit: well poo poo, I guess the steam remote installer didn't actually do anything. :(

See you in just over 6GB

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Good Dumplings posted:

TsaoNima on Discord; I just bought this, should I be trying to make my own ship or wait for other people I can join up with?

build a ship

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

communism's sleepiest soldier

🌹Syndlig☭ on Discord, a fellow goon was kind enough to give me a spare key. Hope to die like a dumb idiot with you guys.

fromoutofnowhere
Mar 19, 2004

Enjoy it while you can.
I am silentpuppyfarts in game.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

fromoutofnowhere posted:

I am silentpuppyfarts in game.

That's unfortunate.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
If you're not abusing the amazing physics with casual animal cruelty, you're missing out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY81Kx9uPvA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzx_N1QUAWU

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Playing from Australia and the lag is pretty killer to the goon server US(EAST)

Starting area is fine but as soon as you get to populated areas it is unplayable.

Going to give US West a shot. Should be better there.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Yep US(West) pretty much unplayable too. Will have to wait for an Australia server I guess.

This is the first game I have ever played that I could not play from Australia. Alpha/Beta/Retail.

That's some bad netcode

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Raged posted:

Yep US(West) pretty much unplayable too. Will have to wait for an Australia server I guess.

This is the first game I have ever played that I could not play from Australia. Alpha/Beta/Retail.

That's some bad netcode

its mostly unplayable if you live in the data center so dont worry too much

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Blazing Zero posted:

its mostly unplayable if you live in the data center so dont worry too much

Talking literally unplayable when the game won't react to any input for 5 minutes.

However when I am not lagging out I really love what's there

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
I made a simple exploration boat box to gather knowledge and materials for a bigger ship.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
I'm in game and getting used to swinging about. Trying to do this without resorting to actually reading instructions outside the game. Screen started shaking with no sound associated with it. Been going for a while and no idea what it is.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Fog Tripper posted:

I'm in game and getting used to swinging about. Trying to do this without resorting to actually reading instructions outside the game. Screen started shaking with no sound associated with it. Been going for a while and no idea what it is.

Island is respawning the resources. This is a good time to go look for new spawned chests as they may have schematics.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Fog Tripper posted:

Logging out and back in should fix it.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Fog Tripper posted:

Protips for swinging:

Holding right mouse lets you free aim your grapple, which is super useful for precision swinging and climbing up cliff faces.

If you're against a wall, pressing Q will latch you on in climbing mode and let you crawl up it without using your grapple. Also works on ship surfaces!

You can double press space to do a grapple boost jump. The trajectory of your jump is based on the position of your grapple wrist: if it's pointed straight up, you'll boost upwards.

You can move quickly across flat terrain by grappling the ground a few meters in front of you and grapple boosting as you run in that direction.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

I crashed while on the helm and got the loading screen bug, came back and my ship ran a windwall on its own. Then discovered that all of my ship's controls on the helm were inverted and it steers about 50% better than it did before. :psyduck:

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
If anyone can point me to the best guide, please do so. I gathered a ton of resources, found building stations and such, but for some reason I fail to grok how to turn raw materials into anything. Do they have to be in your quickbar first?

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Commoners posted:

I crashed while on the helm and got the loading screen bug, came back and my ship ran a windwall on its own. Then discovered that all of my ship's controls on the helm were inverted and it steers about 50% better than it did before. :psyduck:

Welcome... to the twilight zone!

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
your ship has Ascended

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

It no longer needs me as a pilot and is looking for any opportunity to escape its bonds

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Com taught me that wings can be put on backwards and doing so massively impedes their abilities

After putting the wings on my ship the correct way (makeshift aileron facing backwards), I very nearly ploughed my ship into the side of the island I was on because the ship responded several magnitudes faster than I expected

Fun emergent gameplay: I was dicking around on one of the islands in E2 (The island pictured at the bottom of the section) and three or four boats pulled up and started shelling me while I was farming wood. I immediately started scaling the giant statue at the apex of it to try and get level with their boat and see if I can board it, but they were too far away. I kept swinging while they bombared me.They weren't able to hit me easily, so one of them jumped off their boat, down onto the island and scaled the statue I was on and we both engaged in swinging and shooting combat while his allies rained cannonfire down on the statue.

He eventually got the best of me (I didn't heal and I didn't run, if they had come this far for a fight I was gonna give them one) so I respawned back on my boat... which they had commandeered while I was distracted, put the engines on full tilt and aimed it directly back at the windwall leading to W3. The ship was at a steep angle so I immediately fell off and had to grapple back to the ship. I thought someone was still on board so I told them they could have the ship for winning the fight - it was only until I got back on board when I noticed nobody was at the helm. Managed to catch the sucker just as it entered the wall and reversed it outta there. Amazingly tense though the stakes weren't exactly high, the ship was a garbagecraft used to bust through the windwall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Does everyone else get massive lag when moving to a different island? I have a drat good PC and loading in everything should not be causing me to freeze for 60+ seconds.

Does moving it to an SSD help?

honestly it feels so slow it's like the maps graphics are being sent over the net.

Raged fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Jun 25, 2017