Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

Alpha Mayo posted:

10. Last Rites. It is a little annoying, because the range is pretty short and it has a delay before going off. If someone else gets the last hit, you don't get credit for the quest and still have to face the full cooldown. I really don't like this talent.

It's been explicitly stated that this isn't the case, so long as they die either from the damage of it activating or in the two seconds beforehand, you get quest credit. My guess is either you aren't getting it off in time, or they just barely survive the damage (unless it's actually bugged, which I wouldn't have noticed because I take the objectively better ult on the rare occasion I play him :smuggo:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~

Lprsti99 posted:

It's been explicitly stated that this isn't the case, so long as they die either from the damage of it activating or in the two seconds beforehand, you get quest credit. My guess is either you aren't getting it off in time, or they just barely survive the damage (unless it's actually bugged, which I wouldn't have noticed because I take the objectively better ult on the rare occasion I play him :smuggo:)

I think it's bugged. The lvl 20 talent for it is also bugged, which doesn't take effect until you Last Rites another person then cast it again.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Last Rites is a tank buster, not for dueling. If you're dueling you probably still want Tormented Souls anyway for maximum healthgain from Soul Rip.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I'm having trouble imagining when Last Rites is ever good. Maybe if Greymane is not available?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Probably to make sure cho gall dies

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

I guess I could see using it on a muradin if he's about to jump out of a fight and start healing up. But I don't think I'd take it.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I'm poking through the Heroes files for giggles. Found something interesting - seems like there's store data for Summer Chest packs (in the same quantities as normal Loot Chests). Summer Chests may replace normal chests while the Summer event is active, something I don't know how I feel about.

Any requests while I'm digging around?

Edit: Hey, found stuff on Ashenvale. That's weird.
Edit2: Ashenvale stuff turned out to be a tileset. Haven't found any set dressing for it like doodads or anything similar, so it could be nothing.
Edit3: "Club Panel" found in the UI files. Might be HOTS's version of clans, finally.

Kith fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jun 23, 2017

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Warsong Gulch BG?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Nothing on Warsong. Looked through all of the Home screens, found nothing new or interesting. It is neat/nice that they kept all of the Home screens, though - they could very easily implement prior home screens as a menu option (similar to how SCII did it).

There's a lot of poo poo in here from the Alpha that was never removed. For instance, Gazlowe's original model textures, including a sweet-as-gently caress Camo color variant.

Edit: The Monkey Brightwing texture will haunt my nightmares.

Edit2: lmoarf they just imported all of the diablo 3 icons. literally all of them

Edit3: Found textures of pool umbrellas, inner tubes, and a Murky Tiki Mug. Probably gonna be a Summer brawl.

Edit4: The spraycan that shows up when you get a spray in a loot box:

"Best Bacon"

Kith fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jun 23, 2017

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Best part of the malfurion nerf is that I'm in love with Rehgar again

always be biting butts

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Malfurion may be less powerful than before, but he's definitely more fun than before.

Everyone seems to underestimate my broccoli. They never realise that I am in fact summoning a tiny butcher to melee them for 500.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Here are all of my unowned heroes, who should I buy next?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Thrall.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Notable things I've unearthed (that i'm not posting because I'm lazy):

Green D.va
Golaith D.va with a flame paintjob
Red and White Genji, possibly a reference to Desperado
White Crown Prince Arthas
Brown Master Genji
Red Lucio
Master Green Medivh
White Marauder Muradin
Red Probius
The ugliest loving skin ever where Stars and Stripes Raynor's base skin's white parts get turned into piss yellow
Yellow Raider Rexxar (which turns his skin green)
White Master Sylvanas variant with an extra face
Some extra Valeera skins
White Varian
Yellow Gladiator Varian
Black Master Varian
Flames Zarya
White Zul'jin
Purple Flamerock Zul'jin

mmmmmmmmore skins

Kith fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jun 27, 2017

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

who have you had the most fun with during free weeks

that one

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Zul'jin, Chromie and Thrall are on sale, so those

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Macaluso posted:

I'm buying with gold, and all three of those cost 10k. I had a lot of fun with Ragnaros on his free week, but I want stuff universally good, is he good on all maps?

e: I love taking camps btw, my mains are Murky, Abathur, and then Samuro.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Turtlicious posted:

Zuljin and Raynor are pretty bad. Cassia, Chromie. and Ragnaros are mediocre. I think everyone else there is pretty good.

EdRush
Dec 13, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Turtlicious posted:

If you are trying to win hero league games, Genji or Alarak. If you are trying to have fun or play QM, Cassia Li Ming or Thrall. I'm just amazed you didn't get Raynor for free along the way somehow :thunk:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Toshimo posted:

Zuljin and Raynor are pretty bad. Cassia, Chromie. and Ragnaros are mediocre. I think everyone else there is pretty good.

Ragnaros is awesome actually

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Macaluso posted:

Also, wat?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I thought that little icon meant they were on sale? I haven't logged into the game in like a week

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Macaluso posted:

I thought that little icon meant they were on sale?
It means they're free to play this week.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Ah

Get Raganros then

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Macaluso posted:

Ah

Get Raganros then

Definitely not this.

CDW
Aug 26, 2004
Rag blows goats in terms of power level atm, so expect that.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Counterpoint: Rag is fun

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Rags trait is a blast so get rag and the baby rag skin

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Agreed, Lil Ragnaros is mandatory

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Li Ming is a QM legend, especially if the other team has no tanks.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Power Bottom posted:

Edit2: lmoarf they just imported all of the diablo 3 icons. literally all of them
In alpha/beta and maybe even after launch, a lot of heroes used icons from their other games. So Warcraft tended to use ancient Warcraft 3 and WoW icons, Starcraft had some old SC icons, and Diablo 3 pretty much had their kit icons ported over.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Pretty sure WoW still uses Warcraft III icons when suitable. It's cool.

Falstad is fun and his global movement makes him feel different. Alarak is cool with fun skillshot abilities and talks poo poo.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just can't believe I got it down to 13 heroes, when I first started I had nothing, I'm super stoked to almost "get there" Is Valeera as good as Zeratul?

E: I really like Ragnaros but I don't think he's effective. I'll just wait until I unbox him, or save him for close to last. I want something effective, which means Li Ming I guess, or I could save until I have 25k gold, and then get the new hero coming out?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Turtlicious posted:

I just can't believe I got it down to 13 heroes, when I first started I had nothing, I'm super stoked to almost "get there" Is Valeera as good as Zeratul?

E: I really like Ragnaros but I don't think he's effective. I'll just wait until I unbox him, or save him for close to last. I want something effective, which means Li Ming I guess, or I could save until I have 25k gold, and then get the new hero coming out?

No new hero until after Summer Event most likely.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

I think Valeera is better than Zeratul in that she is more flexible, has better abilities and in general is better in that way that new characters are over old characters in HOTS.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Schneider Inside Her posted:

I think Valeera is better than Zeratul in that she is more flexible, has better abilities and in general is better in that way that new characters are over old characters in HOTS.

Yes, but Void Prison.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Toshimo posted:

Yes, but Void Prison.

My fav thing about void prison is splitting the enemy team with it then having my team walk into it

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Tender Bender posted:

Pretty sure WoW still uses Warcraft III icons when suitable. It's cool.

Falstad is fun and his global movement makes him feel different. Alarak is cool with fun skillshot abilities and talks poo poo.

alarak announcer when

smarion2
Apr 22, 2010
I'm on about a 5 game losing streak after bombing my placement matches... Not even sure whats going on but I know its time to take a break after a bad loss and get a whisper like this...

:psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Schneider Inside Her posted:

Li Ming is a QM legend, especially if the other team has no tanks.
Yeah the most frustrating thing is when you've almost got Li Ming dead, but then some idiot on your team dies next to her and resets all her cooldowns and gives her a big chunk of health.

Turtlicious posted:

I was a big enough fan to buy Rag immediately after I tried him during a free week. His kit is still fun, but he just feels anemic now. It's like the nerfs were somewhat made in a vacuum/without realizing "Oh, right we gave him really big numbers and sustain to make up for his lack of mobility and the fact he's a melee assassin." without making the w and e stuff better the nerfs to his q talents didn't just encourage diversity, it just was a flat nerf. A shame too because I actually really like his W. Now it feels a little like all I bring to the table with him is my ult and his trait, so I get to feel like I'm contributing every 2 minutes or so.