Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
I can't handle the Obama admin's reluctance to do anything. It really will go down as a huge moment of cowardice.

edit: doggo

99 CENTS AMIGO fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jun 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Trump's real good at gaslighting.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

It's actually really bizarre if you watch older shows on Netflix how often in the middle of some random 80's sitcom there will be a joke about what a goddam buffoon Donald Trump is.
And its not even just the millions of jokes out there, Trump himself spent most of his adult life doing embarrassing cameos in his unending pursuit for fame and attention.

I have no idea what it must have been like to see Reagan become President after remembering him as an actor who did movies with monkeys, but this has to be way worse. We have a lifetime of media that will constantly pop up to show us what a total joke the 45th President of the United States was always recognized as. Except for 1 year where the entire country pretended he wasn't a clown.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
In other news, guess who's suddenly developed a love of small towns in Iowa:

https://twitter.com/SimonMaloy/status/878447102384369668

ThisIsWhyTrumpWon
Jun 22, 2017

by Smythe

sleep with the vicious posted:

hmmm....how about no, your abuela just didn't appeal to anyone because she's a lying monster desperate for any kind of power who anyone can see through and nobody likes

Shut up retard.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

ThisIsWhyTrumpWon posted:

Shut up retard.

how did ossoff do?

Confounding Factor
Jul 4, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
From /r/The_Donald

Conservatism is the new counter-culture

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Shut up retard.

how did ossoff do?

do not do this

get out

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Confounding Factor posted:

From /r/The_Donald

Conservatism is the new counter-culture

These guys are rapidly becoming hated on the level of hippies and beatniks.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Shut up retard.
Hey now, sleep with the vicious is a worthless gently caress, but let's not poo poo on the disabled while we insult him.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

I feel like I saw some posts that did it but I don't want to turn this into a fight. I just am having a bad day and was frustrated to see people seemingly play into the RWM narrative as I feel like we've seen a lot of this week. And I just wanted to repost that link because I feel like the inability to embed that video is stopping people from plainly seeing that this is another example of Trump watching Fox News and misunderstanding what was being said.

But like I said, bad day and I should probably log off.

I mean to be fair it is absolutely so bullshit some people do buy into. But yeah a little self care is not a bad idea.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

STAC Goat posted:

And its not even just the millions of jokes out there, Trump himself spent most of his adult life doing embarrassing cameos in his unending pursuit for fame and attention.

I have no idea what it must have been like to see Reagan become President after remembering him as an actor who did movies with monkeys, but this has to be way worse. We have a lifetime of media that will constantly pop up to show us what a total joke the 45th President of the United States was always recognized as. Except for 1 year where the entire country pretended he wasn't a clown.

Reagan at least had the ability to act. Presidential. You've got to put it into context.

He could put on a show of gentility, clear speech / but down-home southern goodness, and this was a a bit before the entirety of America saw/regarded hollywood actors as limp-wristed artistes (sans Jane Fonda). The country needed an antidote to the hippie 60's/Steve Miller 70's. We WAR, we MAKE MONEY and we ARE SUCCESS.

In comparison, the president is a spoiled, teen-aged social media troll.
It's WAY WORSE!

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Jun 24, 2017

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

DaveWoo posted:

If Zuck siphons off just enough idiot techies and millenials from the left to split the democratic vote and elect Trump (or a successor, for that matter) in 2020 then I might actually bite my own tongue off.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
you guys are right, its much more likely that russia, in concordance with cambridge analytics, hacked into the us voter rolls and changed registrations from dem to republican for just enough people that the election swung to donald james trump, and has successfully covered it up entirely with no leaks despite the fact that every other thing from this administration is leaked within the hour

thats much more likely than hillary clinton does not appeal to midwesterners

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

you guys are right, its much more likely that russia, in concordance with cambridge analytics, hacked into the us voter rolls and changed registrations from dem to republican for just enough people that the election swung to donald james trump, and has successfully covered it up entirely with no leaks despite the fact that every other thing from this administration is leaked within the hour

hey you

go

gently caress yourself

you

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

gently caress you gently caress you gently caress you

https://twitter.com/AP/status/878309101159108608

When Trump has to force the draft to try and drum up employment, he'll be unable to grab the scores of dodgers that will just go through a trans phase. Some will like it, some will never care to take it seriously, but all will be untouchable by the government when Donnie needs people to die in Korea/The Middle East for him.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Perhaps you may have heard about this investigation going on in Washington.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Dude, you're stupid and a low effort troll.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

KickerOfMice posted:

Reagan at least had the ability to act. Presidential. You've got to put it into context.

He could put on a show of gentility, clear speech / but down-home southern goodness, and this was a a bit before the entirety of America saw hollywood actors as limp-wristed artistes (sans Jane Fonda). The country needed an antidote to the hippie 60's/Steve Miller 70's. We WAR, we MAKE MONEY and we ARE SUCCESS.

In comparison, the president is a spoiled, teen-aged social media troll.
It's WAY WORSE!

Yeah, I never actually put a lot of stock in the "Bedtime for Bonzo" criticism of Reagan because like, he had an entire political career. Maybe it was weird for California voters the first time he ran for governor but national voters weren't electing the actor, they were electing the governor. And even before governor he was heavily involved in politics.

I just brought it up as kind of a weak comparison of something I grew up with where people would joke about it being this embarrassing thing from Reagan's past. But for Trump there's hundreds and hundreds of "Bedtime for Bonzo"s that aren't going to go anywhere. People will just keep binging some show on Netflix or watching random wrestling clips on Youtube or reading old books of comic strips and see random insults or clips of that total buffoon Donald Trump and have to process that he was ever considered valid as a candidate for the President of the United States.

ArmTheHomeless
Jan 10, 2003

Not sure if this came up already but does anyone know how serious this situation about Bernie and Jane Sanders being under investigation is:
https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/bernie-and-jane-sanders-under-fbi-investigation-for-bank-fraud-hire-lawyers/

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

hmmm....how about no, your abuela just didn't appeal to anyone because she's a lying monster desperate for any kind of power who anyone can see through and nobody likes

aside from, you know, the majority of people who voted

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

DaveWoo posted:

I hear that if you say "small towns" three times into mirror you can run as an independent canidate.

I honestly don't know who would vote for Zuck at this point, he is too much of a nerd to get the right wing vote but also an evil corporate overlord. I guess tech Bros.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

Reminder : Racist Regressive Racist meme #8954567745284758 - Reagan taking a photo with a childhood Obama.

DaveWoo posted:

2nd Reminder : Remember 2015 Q4 and Donnie's salt towards Iowa.

3rd Reminder : Iowans are terrible people.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
http://i.imgur.com/mlgO0pt.mp4

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
drat those are really realistic.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

All three of those guys are now dead.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/SallyQYates/status/878423325072142336

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

UglyCrackBaby posted:

Not sure if this came up already but does anyone know how serious this situation about Bernie and Jane Sanders being under investigation is:
https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/bernie-and-jane-sanders-under-fbi-investigation-for-bank-fraud-hire-lawyers/

Pretty serious.

There are two allegations: That Sen. Sanders used his influence to coerce the bank into making a loan and that Mrs. Sanders misrepresented the financial state of the college when applying for the loan.

Both are felonies. But no one knows what evidence the do or do not have. Lawyering up is a smart move, even for the innocent.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

In all seriousness though I'd be very surprised if it happened. If many votes had been suppressed via faulty registration, we would have found out quickly through people complaining on social media, so it would have had to be a very small-scale attack. But Putin wouldn't have done this for funsies, because the consequences of being found out would be devastating - before signing off on it, he'd have had to know it would swing the election result. And no-one in America, including Obama with the full power of the US intelligence services behind him, thought things were gong to be that close, so it seems very unlikely Putin had that knowledge.

Also, Hillary really did run a gently caress-awful campaign, so it's not like the alternative explanation is implausible.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

please come back to Georgia, ma'am :(

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

evilweasel posted:

aside from, you know, the majority of people who voted

youre right, i forgot all about the us winner-take-all electoral system, great point. congrats on running up california, fat lot of good that will do all you centrists when health insurance and medicare are destroyed, war with iran, and more massive tax cuts for the rich start!

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/878448965489963008

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

pumpinglemma posted:

In all seriousness though I'd be very surprised if it happened. If many votes had been suppressed via faulty registration, we would have found out quickly through people complaining on social media, so it would have had to be a very small-scale attack. But Putin wouldn't have done this for funsies, because the consequences of being found out would be devastating - before signing off on it, he'd have had to know it would swing the election result. And no-one in America, including Obama with the full power of the US intelligence services behind him, thought things were gong to be that close, so it seems very unlikely Putin had that knowledge.

Also, Hillary really did run a gently caress-awful campaign, so it's not like the alternative explanation is implausible.

It probably didn't happen, but unless the Russians kept records of their hacks that we get access to we'll never know for sure.

Ever.

The Voter Registration Systems and Voting Machines just aren't in a state where we would tell they were tampered with.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

youre right, i forgot all about the us winner-take-all electoral system, great point. congrats on running up california, fat lot of good that will do all you centrists when health insurance and medicare are destroyed, war with iran, and more massive tax cuts for the rich start!

does your significant other know you are impotent or is this just like an internet thing

are you seeking treatment

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Nothus posted:

Isn't the big remediation issue that the lead comes from the pipes, and because the more acidic water has dissolved away a century's worth of mineral deposits that sealed the pipes, there's nothing to be done but replace the pipes, which is hideously expensive and a non-starter for a economically bereft town like Flint?

Mostly yes but also flakes of lead/lead-coated metal have broken loose from the service pipes and were carried into people's faucets and water heaters and stuff. That stuff is mostly downstream of the filters.

And also the pipes themselves also sustained like 30 years worth of corrosion damage at the old rate (out of a 50 year lifespan) so Flint also basically needs to start figuring on ripping out half the pipes in the city at the normal rate of replacement (lol if you think "normal replacement" was going on, they just need to replace everything).

edit: you know what while you're ripping it out anyway how about some fiber and easy-access conduits for future understreet work and poo poo? would be a good way to attract tech... (j/k, the thing about Flint being Michigan's Detroit is absolutely correct, nobody's going to do anything)

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Jun 24, 2017

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, I never actually put a lot of stock in the "Bedtime for Bonzo" criticism of Reagan because like, he had an entire political career. Maybe it was weird for California voters the first time he ran for governor but national voters weren't electing the actor, they were electing the governor. And even before governor he was heavily involved in politics.

I just brought it up as kind of a weak comparison of something I grew up with where people would joke about it being this embarrassing thing from Reagan's past. But for Trump there's hundreds and hundreds of "Bedtime for Bonzo"s that aren't going to go anywhere. People will just keep binging some show on Netflix or watching random wrestling clips on Youtube or reading old books of comic strips and see random insults or clips of that total buffoon Donald Trump and have to process that he was ever considered valid as a candidate for the President of the United States.

Reagan had the embarrassing "Bedtime for Bonzo," Trump has been arguably the candidates that has carried his own childishness into office. A careful, thoughtful child is still those things. That is not shameful, shame is lost in this equation anyway. Here is a person who I don't believe the cultural historians of America will ever leave alone, for good reason.
This. Is. Unreal. I just want the younger posters/lurkers to know that. This is deeply hosed up.
A man advertised himself as a greedy juvenile businessman, and then had his metamorphosis there into a hideous explosion of childish greed, even when everyone saw the chrysalis.

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jun 24, 2017

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep

With your posts like this, I really have to ask you what you consider your endgame.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
All these stories are heart breaking which is going to be devastating when the bill passes and people start to die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Thanks for reminding us about all the bernouts who mocked Clinton during the election for suggesting Russia might be helping Trump.

• Locked thread