Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

this thread is very angry all the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I mean, I don't disagree that it'd be stupid as all hell to try tearing her down now, especially when Dems are already reeling this election season; the last thing we need is more instability. But I'm legitimately curious: is there anyone that's looking to be a shoo-in to succeed her when (not if) the need arises?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

QuoProQuid posted:

this thread is very angry all the time
To be fair national politics seems like a pretty good thing to care about a lot, if you have to get mad over something.
Obviously you want to get mad within reason and ideally only to the point something can be done about it but it sure beats getting mad over a video game company or a fast food chain or something.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Interesting that Lester doesn't think business owners can reserve the right to refuse service.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

"He's a great-hearted person who deserves to succeed. His work is both family-friendly and politically audacious. That's a hard style to pull off."

Garrison and his classic editorial cartooning style—which Cernovich calls "all American"—give their ideology a "traditional," pseudo-intellectual veneer. No wonder alt-right heavyweights want to work with him: His cartoons are Pepe the Frog memes for grownups.

what

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

At least 21 members of the House are registered to vote outside their districts

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Strong candidate for "worst label" in this years Gaybies.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Pakled posted:

Strong candidate for "worst label" in this years Gaybies.

Sorry that's a brilliant label. :fyadride:

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

"Hillary will start a war with Russia over Syria" was literally exactly what all the Trump supporters were clutching their pearls over in November.

Hm, yes, a consistent position.

FronzelNeekburm fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Jun 24, 2017

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

I don't think you need to AGC this one, it's way too obvious. Seriously how is Ramirez so bad at this.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Yeah, let's take a extremely political death/murder and use it to make a joke about how this poo-poo head is a big dumdum!

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Tinsley hates rural farmers, the working class, and the middle class. He hates intellectuals, teachers, and anyone who even went to high school. He complains about elitist Democrats, then spits on farmer's markets. So what the gently caress is he for, other than booze? Just himself?

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Vib Rib posted:

Tinsley hates rural farmers, the working class, and the middle class. He hates intellectuals, teachers, and anyone who even went to high school. He complains about elitist Democrats, then spits on farmer's markets. So what the gently caress is he for, other than booze? Just himself?
Well you see, REAL AMERICAN FARMERS don't engage in this coastal elite bullshit, they get screwed over by industrialised farming conglomerates and like it, goddamnit!

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

wtf Zelda

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

drat drunk duck really laying into that massive straw woman. loving owned, bitch.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Alhazred posted:

Today's Zelda isn't super translatable:

For reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skam_(TV_series)#International_success

I had no idea what was about, and the Wikipedia link is a untrusted source (anyone can edit and put there anything, lol). So I googled it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZI_WM35yuc

That's what she said.

Tei fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Jun 24, 2017

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Small-scale artisanal markets benefit society in ways that go beyond merely supplying a product, especially by increasing people's awareness of and engagement with their local community. A good cartoon.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Tei posted:

I had no idea what was about, and the Wikipedia link is a untrusted source (anyone can edit and put there anything, lol). So I googled it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZI_WM35yuc

As usual I have no idea what your point is.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Just buy cheaper booze so you have more money for things like the markets Tinsley, you broke-rear end bitch. LOL even I can afford the markets and I'm a casual part-time worker.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I thought Tinsley was pro-capitalism?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Alhazred posted:

I thought Tinsley was pro-capitalism?

Well yeah.

Capitalism isn't people selling handcrafted artisanal products at a farmer's market that allow a middle class family to make a living; capitalism is automatic vending machines selling products mass-produced in China, that allow a handful a billionaire stockholders to buy a new yacht or bizjet every week. Money attracts money, so without a system to take away money from the wealthy to give it back to the poor, wealth concentrates in an ever-smaller number of people. The endgoal of capitalism is having 100% of the wealth concentrated in the end of just one person.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Me, every time I go to my Uni's Vegan cafeteria. I eat the big blob of everything and the vege panini on the side.

Speaking of vegan whatever happened to the vegan nazi cartoonist?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

My Face When posted:

Speaking of vegan whatever happened to the vegan nazi cartoonist?

Died of carrot poisoning.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Help, I can't see this as anything but Trump's gigantic dick about to piss/cum all over congress.

Too real.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Multiculturalism is evil? A controversial cartoon.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

I have, off and on, been going to the 150+ year old Soulard Farmer's Market in St. Louis for most of my life. I have never, ever seen or heard anything like this. Tinsley thinks that the only real farmers are the ones who sell to ADM to make his Doritos.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer
The White House has been refusing to let the Press Corps turn on their cameras for press briefings for several weeks. So CNN sent a sketch artist.

This is a political cartoon, right?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Phuzzy posted:

The White House has been refusing to let the Press Corps turn on their cameras for press briefings for several weeks. So CNN sent a sketch artist.

I notice a camera in this no-camera zone.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Presumably that's the archival footage.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Phuzzy posted:

How is there a camera?

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Paladinus posted:

How is there a camera?

They're never quite sure if it's going to be a 'on camera' day or not. Because Spicy and Not-Huckabee like to mix it up.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Phuzzy posted:

They're never quite sure if it's going to be a 'on camera' day or not. Because Spicy and Not-Huckabee like to mix it up.

Huh. Clever.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the anniversary of the vote for Brexit – One year on from Britain’s vote to leave the EU, negotiations have begun – but there are more uncertainties than ever"

Telegraph:

Corbyn chants, T-shirts and sculptures: Jeremania hits Glastonbury

Independent:

After Cézanne.

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

me at ur posting

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

Angepain posted:

[a brief snatch of audible tape grind]

The worst ever Calvin and Hobbes from Chicago
were a couple of guys, who'd been hacks since art school.
One was named Eric, and the other was Scott.
They'd write two jokes a month next to Garfield.

The worst ever Calvin and Hobbes from Chicago
never settled who to blame.
But the top two contenders, after weeks of debate,
were both sides, for calling guys names, or those liberal morons.

Scott and Eric believed in their hearts they were headed
for merch deals and T-shirts, and fortune and fame,
so in scripts that were bashed out three weeks in advance,
they wrote the first poo poo that popped into their brains -

this was how Carmen got sent to the void
where for weeks she said nothing of substance.
And this was how when
they finally read the drat thing
the editors said, "let's not print this".

When they cancel this comic for being so dull
that it's not worth the paper it's wrote on,
the worst ever Calvin and Hobbes from Chicago
will in time be remembered by noone.

Yes, both sides!
Yes, both sides are bad!
Yes, both sides!
Both sides.

holy poo poo. :trumppop:

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I was not coming into the thread expecting to see an MGS3 reference, but there it is.

• Locked thread