Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Starchman saw it all. He just didn't care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Ed can hang his poo poo up on his ink so unless he's walking around in an all-ghost ensemble for that specific purpose I think Zack just forgets which of his magic bullshit follows which set of magic bullshit laws

Froggycleric
May 11, 2013

Don't sully his love with imagined reasons.
His clothes are all possessed. Next page talks about it being a standard hazard of their lifestyle.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
the last few pages have been a mess but this update was really good

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Venuz Patrol posted:

the last few pages have been a mess but this update was really good

It's good but this sequence, much like this chapter, keeps dragging on FOREVER.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It's good but this sequence, much like this chapter, keeps dragging on FOREVER.
It's because each page is advancing 2-4 action sequences at once, meaning only a few seconds of progress are made at once.

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure
I'm hopeful that when this chapter ends, in the year 2020, Zack will have learned that the choices he made wrt pacing were not good ones, and chapter 6 will be tighter.
Then again, it seems like the feedback he gets on twitter and stuff is exclusively positive so :shrug:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Fecha posted:

It's because each page is advancing 2-4 action sequences at once, meaning only a few seconds of progress are made at once.

I think I rather have this than having week/month breaks between seeing certain characters. It's also unfortunately necessary to do it this way because a big part of the chapter is figuring out who is possessed right now so it's not like each story could have been its own chapter without spoiling the other. Which I think is both the lure and annoyance of the chapter right now.

Imagine if the ghost train chapter the Isabel/max fight was intercut with Isaac and Ed's adventure (which was summed up in ONE page).

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

smug n stuff posted:

I'm hopeful that when this chapter ends, in the year 2020, Zack will have learned that the choices he made wrt pacing were not good ones, and chapter 6 will be tighter.
Then again, it seems like the feedback he gets on twitter and stuff is exclusively positive so :shrug:

Most people I talk with about webcomics outside of this website only have positive things to say about Paranatural.

A lot of people think it's the best or one of the best webcomics being made these days.

It's actually pretty amusing to see every other site I go to light up with praise for every new page, and this one always be negative as heck.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
At this point I don't understand why most of these fights are happening, but every page is very enjoyable so I'm happy to overlook that.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

KittyEmpress posted:

It's actually pretty amusing to see every other site I go to light up with praise for every new page, and this one always be negative as heck.

1. It's Something Awful.

2. Most of the criticisms are incredibly fair and mild.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Neo_Crimson posted:

1. It's Something Awful.

And reiterated.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Neo_Crimson posted:

1. It's Something Awful.

its good to be honest imo, especially when critiquing

i do have a gripe about how zack drew miss baxter in one panel recently, she looked too wide and it bugged me but i was just wondering if it had to do with his injury so i let it slide because whatever its fun readings~

he'll probably never recolor chapter 1 at this rate~

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Lastgirl posted:

he'll probably never recolor chapter 1 at this rate~

That would probably be a trap. A lot of artists hate their older work or older chapters in longer works but deciding to re-color or even re-do entire chapters usually leads to burning out on the project. It's just too time intensive for little gain most of the time.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Imagine if the ghost train chapter the Isabel/max fight was intercut with Isaac and Ed's adventure (which was summed up in ONE page).

I uh kind of wanted to see that instead, have Max+Izzy summarized and Isaac+Ed drawn out...

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

KittyEmpress posted:

Most people I talk with about webcomics outside of this website only have positive things to say about Paranatural.

A lot of people think it's the best or one of the best webcomics being made these days.

the threads where people obsess over exactly one web comic for hundreds of pages always wind up turning their posters incredibly insane, at least in this one it doesn't seem like anyone wants to see the children gently caress

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

paranatural, or as i call it The Good Good Comic

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Update! I no longer know what's gong on but it looks like Garcia is NOT possessed?

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
I know wacky faces are one of this comic's things, but it's really hard to take the Isaac fight sequence seriously when he's turning into a muppet every panel.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I refuse to not take the gag seriously

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Update! I no longer know what's gong on but it looks like Garcia is NOT possessed?

So did Garcia set up a child size snare outside the school specifically for Isaac or just anyone he feels like leading into an ambush?

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Caidin posted:

So did Garcia set up a child size snare outside the school specifically for Isaac or just anyone he feels like leading into an ambush?

Complete coincidence. Garcia is just as surprised as Isaac.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Caidin posted:

He didn't put the snare there. Extremely Anime Yu-Gi-Oh hair boy did.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

isaac no.... you're making bad choices...

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

oddium posted:

isaac no.... you're making bad choices...

He's an anime, it's what they do.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Of course Mr Starchman does the anime bird run :allears:

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

PMush Perfect posted:

Of course Mr Starchman does the anime bird run :allears:

He's on one skate, but that just makes it even better.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-207

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
To be fair, Isaac is a small child who has every reason to believe that if he doesn't defend himself, he's going to die.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/paranaturalzack/status/881578573789880320

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
The sound of the metal locker door grinding against linoleum floor

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Update. RIP PJ, again.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
More like sip PJ, amirite?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
the 80s turtle spirit is gonna flip baxter's eyes closed when she opens them

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Can she move faster using spirit time? I forget how that works in terms of stopping and starting, she might be able to at least go a little faster even if she keeps breaking out of it by moving too much.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

Countblanc posted:

the 80s turtle spirit is gonna flip baxter's eyes closed when she opens them

flip flop is stealth best spirit, there are so many creative things he can do to turn situations on their head

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Dolash posted:

Can she move faster using spirit time? I forget how that works in terms of stopping and starting, she might be able to at least go a little faster even if she keeps breaking out of it by moving too much.

possibly, but she may not want to/be able to get into Flip-flop's spirit space easily or on demand yet. She also may have forgotten he is a character in this webcomic, definitely not like me, who did not forget about his existence.

also there's the possibility that instead of seeing Isabel, teacher lady will see a giant Isabel coloured blur, which may or may not be worse, depending on how curious she is re: spirits, and any shenanigans they may get up to

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Jul 5, 2017

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I forgot flip flop existed but that now seems like the obvious solution / next page reveal.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

flip flop is stealth best spirit, there are so many creative things he can do to turn situations on their head

Such as turning the situation on it's head!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

flip flop is a good boy remembered fondly by those of us who are free of sin