Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Philouza
Jul 20, 2005
Pretty tough Highway CM this time around, I went with the two-healer approach.

Kain [Leaching Leap, Lightning Dive, BSB]
Edward [Affliction/Full Break, Song of Swiftness]
Rosa [Shell, Ultra Cure, Divine Heal]
Ceodore [Magic Break, Curada]
Edge [Dismissal, Powerchain, BSB]
RW: Wall

I had slow resist gear on everyone. Wall probably wasn't necessary as the only thing that hurt was Maelstrom. The end of the fight was a drag but I got it done; 4 uses of Affliction Break and 6 of Curada owns. I had the white magic double trigger RM on Ceodore and it proc'd twice, which was great. Gas was only cast once and it blinded Rosa so whatever...even though AOE slow is pretty annoying, it was a close/fun fight in the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

yeah i got real fed up with the slow counters.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Elephant Ambush posted:

Yeah this. Hit elemental weaknesses to build meter. She's a spellblade so she can hit almost any element.

She's Spellblade 5(fire, water, lightning, ice, bio, wind) Knight 5(holy, earth) Black Mage 4(dark), so she can actually hit literally any elemental weakness. And her LM2 increases gauge gain from hitting weakness!

She actually makes me wish that there were more interesting skill setups for the rest of the cast besides lifesiphon or wrath all loving day.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

now that imperils are around i generally try to avoid using lifesiphon

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Skipping curaga banner, only went 1/11 on imperil and it was a dupe Cid's Hammer.

Hoping for no trash from bsb banner tomorrow.

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

Greg was a better challenger after the jerk known as Geryon. Of course, he's prone to letting the player Hit & Run.

Overall, I was doing fine with the battle stacking as many DEF Buffs and ATK Debuffs I could with Setzer, Raines & Wall until he pulled his 4K blows against my DPSes in his Weak Phase, but again I was punishing some of his Gravity-based moves with Alphie's Development Tactics.

Thankfully Setzer and Yuna could still hit hard with their Bursts' commands...

AstraSage fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Jun 24, 2017

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

I tauntilated him to victory with his own bsb and gaias cross and bashed his head in with tg cid osb and lightning osb.

No wall but used native ramza and eiko with ramza usb rw.

Randabis fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Jun 24, 2017

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
So I was browsing the Japanese FFRK videos to see what upcoming SB animations looked like, and I want to express my appreciation that Prompto takes a selfie at the end of his USB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXHTtZAfTbY&t=24s

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

i used RW arc ssb for the instant heal and pblink and just fought him like i would anyone else with my holy team. much easier than geryon.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I wasn't going to pull the Healer Lucky because there wasn't anything in particular I needed to chase, but I realized I didn't have any USBs yet...

...and now I have two :toot:

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
gently caress you game these draws are not in fact lucky at all.

1/11 Selphie USB. My third copy.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
1/11, Squall OSB.

Not the best thing ever, but I could have done far worse. And more VIII synergy was needed.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Dupe/11

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

Rune Tooth and Chirijiraden were dupes, but I've been trying to think of what to use my Rosettas on and some 7* weapons seem like as good a place as any.

Super happy with Tidus CSB since I have Rikku BSB to go along with it already. This is totally the best 11-pull I've ever had in FFRK.

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
After going 1/11 and 2/11 with nothing but dupes, this was the only lucky draw that worked out for me.

3/11 - BSBs for Marach, Yuffie and Snow. All three new for me, Yuffie should be great for a water team, and bonus +ice armour for Squall.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
2/11 Orlandeau's OSB and Yang's SSB! :woop:

Feels like a pretty big win to me after the awful streak I've been on.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
1/11, Papalymo BSB

Didn't really have any strong Fire stuff so this is nice. A little sad my 1/11 pull from these luckies ended up on the best banner, but I was afraid of dupe Cloud BSB1/11 so I'll count my blessings.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
1/11 dupe Vaan BSB(actually trip). Christ! But I figured it would happen after pulling exactly what I was hoping for on the curaga.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

4/11, Zeromus Shard, Ragnarok-6, Sasuke's Blade, Razor Carbine. No dupes.

Pretty sure I won the BSB+ draw. Even if someone gets a better draw (congrats to them!) that's still amazing and really lessens my desire to pull on banner 3, which will probably save me some in the long run.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

Yesterday I went 4/11 on the Curaga Lucky, with two new USBs (Selphie and Eiko) and a new medica for Lenna, so I'm totally sure today's pull is gonna be amazing!

1/11, Rosa's BSB.
Well, at least it's not a dupe. :toot:

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Vincent BSB/11 which is pretty strictly eh

I have his enFire SSB, so maybe it'll come in useful at some point, and its synergy armor.

Time to buckle down and skip the rest of the fest.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
I got Faris's Coat USB and Maria's Rune-graven bow. I'll take it. Still need at least one more SB for a full V team, but now Faris has something more interesting than Sea Lord's Broadside at least. And now once again I'm not sure who takes my default dancer slot since I just pulled Mog's BSB.

Oh well. Nice to have something new for Earth, too. I was really lacking in that element. Just had Rinoa's BSB before. Bit of an odd element outlier.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Went 3/11 with Tyro OSB, Locke OSB (dupe), and Lenna USB. So really 1/11, but it's a stacking buff and I don't have a native medica for V and a 3000 HP stock is pretty close to one at least. Could be worse.

A fully augmented Gladius VI+ also has 197 Atk without RS, which is pretty drat nice for a +holy dagger that literally every character in the game can use. So even getting the dupe worked out alright. Did they ever get around to releasing 6* dark matter in JP?

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Meanwhile, I have no self control. Good enough results though. Dupe 6*, but Mog BSB, and +10 Atk for Setzer! :toot:

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion
3/33 overall on the lucky banners, with the cursed fusoya relic, then a dupe Arc SSB, which as far as that banner went is a good dupe to get. I won't look down on +holy robes. Last one was Mog BSB, which I might get some use out of and might have chased me off of pulling on that ff6 banner. Kind of thinking about Strago's burst on the second banner, with its resistance piercing cmd2.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
2/11. Squall BSB2 and Paine BSB.

Squall was stuck at level 80 for a long time, and now he's at level 99, fully dived, and halfway through his legend dive. A good pull changes everything.

Also, the Paine BSB coupled with the Rikku BSB I pulled from the imperil draw two days ago should mean I can now master the X Torment CM when it finally rolls back around.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Cyan and Amarant bsbs... Meh. Very tempted to pull on VI banner now

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Huh, turns out I got off better than I thought:

2/11 Bartz BSB1 and Freya BSB, neither of which are dupes.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Yshtola Asylum, Cid Raines Claws, Laguna imperil, Balthier BSB. No dupes! Outside of Balthier I think I did really well there!

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Also, just gotta say that I'm loving Garnet's BSB2 combined with Lightning USB. Running that and Shout, I was putting out all 9999's on Apoc Gilgamesh every time I used the USB, which was coming up quickly because of created lightning weakness and quick casts.

I've got some fun options for lightning teams now, with Shantotto's BSB, Lightning's USB, Garnet's BSB2, Ashe's BSB, and Reno's BSB.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

How's that for darkness? (from the imperil banner)

Kumog
Dec 28, 2006
Am I your god?
Y'shtola BSB, Selphie SSB(Dupe), Yuna SSB from the Curaga banner. Getting Ysh BSB on a whim pull definitely feels good.

From the BSB+ banner though.. 1/11 Quistis dress dupe. I'd rather have gotten a drat copy of Paladin Force, Tiny Bee, or Tyro OSB than that.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

+10 attack, synergy sword (dupe), and Staff of Ramuh, nice.

my number of dupes on Banner 1 continues to climb, up to 6 now

Nihilarian fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Jun 24, 2017

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Not a dupe, suddenly my FFIX synergy's gotten really good, as my last three bursts have been from FFIX.

Also the crystal helm is cool!

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
Decided to do a last-minute pull on the Medica banner.

Glad I did. 3/11: Relm's new Ultra, Eiko's Guardian Mog and Larsa's Super that I don't care about. But the other two were nice!

The current banner was much less friendly, giving me only a single dupe despite the massive draw pool.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Eh..? I mean I'm not walking away from 3 different soul breaks. Nice to have support bsbs for characters in 2 realms where I lack stuff for them so good stuff.

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012
1/11 on the bsb ld. I was bummed until the rainbow turned into Nabaat's bsb. Go team dark! I just have to see if I can assemble you....

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
2/11 on Burst+. Fang's BSB2 and Krile's OSB, the latter of which helped me blast off a huge chunk of Apoc Greg's remaining HP once he got into Ultimate Retaliate mode... and it still took another three hits before he finally went down.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

4/11

Edge BSB, Krile BSB, Vivi BSB1, and Eiko BSB

Not bad game. You can stay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I was excited by the two rainbows and the disco ball, but one of them turned out to be a dupe The Ogre (my third!) and the other turned out to be Hope's Ninurta (a bit outdated). The last was ol' Kain's Dragon Mail. I think I can finally remove any edge cases where my old Genji Shield would be useful... Dragon Mail might at least be a good stat stick, right?

• Locked thread