Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

deathbysnusnu posted:

I'd say the bill might actually fail if Snow and Murkowski come out against it but imagining Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, and Mike Lee from stopping it is laughable. They'll most certainly take the kill 99% of the poors over holding out for a clean 100.

Collins, not Snow.

And Collins and Murkowski not having a public position atm is them likely attempting to maneuver to get the bill to a place where they can support it, but I don't think McConnell can pull it anymore to the center and keep his right flank.

The entire thing comes down to leaderships ability to break arms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

skaboomizzy posted:

imagine a Harold Holt situation in this media climate

imagine if he literally stepped into a ufo and flew off into space

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

quote:

Refresher on the deal: Carrier, a unit of United Technologies, would receive up to $7 million in exchange for agreeing to employ at least 1,069 people at the facility for 10 years, rather than moving it abroad in search of cheaper labor, as originally planned.

Carrier also vowed to invest $16 million into the plant. But just a month after the deal was made, CEO Greg Hayes said the $16 million would be invested in automation.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

call me Nostra loving damus

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Sir Tonk posted:

*votes trump in 2020*

are you suggesting this is going to be optional?

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

Schnorkles posted:

50% of the people at that carrier plant will vote for Trump in 2020, maybe 75%

Thatim posted:

why wouldnt they

we all know the real reason they voted trump is cause they where scared of blacks / mexicans / muslims

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Sir Tonk posted:

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/878628734533808129

ill bet they had a very strong handshake moment

Macron's teeth gaps make him look villainous as hell but I can't remember where I've seen it before on fictional villains

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sir Tonk posted:

that seems low

It was almost certainly minimum 90% last Nov

We're making progress :toot:

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Sir Tonk posted:

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/878628734533808129

ill bet they had a very strong handshake moment

They reenacted the handshake from Predator

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Sir Tonk posted:

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/878607957616971776

millions of maga men and most especially benjamin q gharrizon get excited

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Mr. Jive posted:

They reenacted the handshake from Predator

god drat sexual tyrants

little hands all like whoa

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

right. basically somewhere along the lines of 80% of Trump supporters likely won't care what he actually does or does not do. The only thing that matters is that he appeared to interact and view the world like they did, which is more than enough to generate a cult of personality around him and keep their support even as they slowly wither away from all their benefits being cut and heroin addiction.

That said losing 20% of your base is enough to basically end you and your party so

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

Schnorkles posted:

right. basically somewhere along the lines of 80% of Trump supporters likely won't care what he actually does or does not do. The only thing that matters is that he appeared to interact and view the world like they did, which is more than enough to generate a cult of personality around him and keep their support even as they slowly wither away from all their benefits being cut and heroin addiction.

That said losing 20% of your base is enough to basically end you and your party so

Maybe you are right

Otoh, dems dont go out to vote, so the turnout will be like 15%

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

stop it schnorkles

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
we all need to tweet the photo of macron and arnold shaking hands to trump #resistance

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

dave hasnt been paying attention because they are going to run on "democrats want to cut medicare" in 2018

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

that would be the smart thing for dems: run attack ads on repubs voting for this health bill that kills/devastates/murders Medicaid/poors/elderlies/etc.

but they'll likely just run soft ads on how they need to work together and to bridge the aisle on blah blah

1000 years of republican rule :patriot:

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Thatim posted:

Maybe you are right

Otoh, dems dont go out to vote

unseating a sitting president is really hard. Trump is probably favored for re-election in 2020 unless the economy craters :shrug:

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

Al! posted:

dave hasnt been paying attention because they are going to run on "democrats want to cut medicare" in 2018

Daycrew Dave is bad

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

Macron's teeth gaps make him look villainous as hell but I can't remember where I've seen it before on fictional villains

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Turdfuzz posted:

stop it schnorkles

why u mad turdfuzz

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

unseating a sitting president is really hard. Trump is probably favored for re-election in 2020 unless the economy craters :shrug:

what if demz run someone who doesnt suck

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Turdfuzz posted:

quit laughing

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Schnorkles posted:

next year is going to be very interesting, that's for sure

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Turdfuzz posted:

its gonna be cuomo

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

the phrase "maga chuds" is really growing on me. it rolls off the tongue pretty well. i assume it's a reference to that old lovely movie but i don't even care.

"maga chud"

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

BeOSPOS posted:

that would be the smart thing for dems: run attack ads on repubs voting for this health bill that kills/devastates/murders Medicaid/poors/elderlies/etc.

but they'll likely just run soft ads on how they need to work together and to bridge the aisle on blah blah

1000 years of republican rule :patriot:

~*~DECORUM~*~

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

many people dont know this but trump is president

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Agronox posted:

the phrase "maga chuds" is really growing on me. it rolls off the tongue pretty well. i assume it's a reference to that old lovely movie but i don't even care.

"maga chud"

ew look at that thing

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Turdfuzz posted:

this is a no troll zone

:argh:

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

Schnorkles posted:

Collins, not Snow.

And Collins and Murkowski not having a public position atm is them likely attempting to maneuver to get the bill to a place where they can support it, but I don't think McConnell can pull it anymore to the center and keep his right flank.

The entire thing comes down to leaderships ability to break arms.

ew posted a lengthy analysis:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3812639&pagenumber=81#post473701502

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Turdfuzz posted:

they could run danny zucko and give greasers free rides to the polling booth and theyd still lose

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

im cummin 4 cuomo

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Turdfuzz posted:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
sic semper tyrannosaurus

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Sir Tonk posted:

next year is going to be very interesting, that's for sure

basically the hope is that trump creates a bad enough national environment that dems can save some vunerable senate incumbents and sneak the house. Seems to me that's about the best we can hope barring some titanic event

like say defaulting and blowing up the world economy

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

but 4 real its probly just gonna be "anybody but trump!" again like w/ bush cuz demz cant fucken learn

Nien
Apr 29, 2013

deathbysnusnu posted:

I'd say the bill might actually fail if Snow and Murkowski come out against it but imagining Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, and Mike Lee from stopping it is laughable. They'll most certainly take the kill 99% of the poors over holding out for a clean 100.

nah we're looking for a 100% poor kill rate here.

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Agronox posted:

"maga chud"

i always thought chud was just a funny way of saying chode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Schnorkles posted:

basically the hope is that trump creates a bad enough national environment that dems can save some vunerable senate incumbents and sneak the house. Seems to me that's about the best we can hope barring some titanic event

like say defaulting and blowing up the world economy

oh yeah what's the word on a national default. the deadline is coming up for raising the debt limit, no?

or is congress gonna push that poo poo back to the last possible moment in like November?

• Locked thread