Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Tell me about it, my bf and I are moving to Berlin soon and we're looking at apartments. One of my holdouts is separate kitchen/living room. :colbert:

Side note: one of the most bizarre flats I've seen in my search was a new build that had this big pod in the bedroom that had the bathroom inside it, and the kitchen on the outer wall. Again, in the bedroom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

The Crappy Construction thread would like that.

It’s like the contractors mistakenly used hotel blueprints.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

The_Doctor posted:

Tell me about it, my bf and I are moving to Berlin soon and we're looking at apartments. One of my holdouts is separate kitchen/living room. :colbert:

Side note: one of the most bizarre flats I've seen in my search was a new build that had this big pod in the bedroom that had the bathroom inside it, and the kitchen on the outer wall. Again, in the bedroom.

ahahaha 1000 a month for a hallway and a hotel room. I'm 80% sure that's supposed to be an airbnb. But it does kinda look like someone upscaled one of the modular building interiors :v:

(if you need any pointers on Berlin feel free to shoot me a line)

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

My Lovely Horse posted:

ahahaha 1000 a month for a hallway and a hotel room. I'm 80% sure that's supposed to be an airbnb. But it does kinda look like someone upscaled one of the modular building interiors :v:

(if you need any pointers on Berlin feel free to shoot me a line)

Ooh, I might, thanks!

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Brothers Brick have a whole bunch of hi-res images of the Ninjago movie line, including some new sets.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Oh man, that Ice Tank looks insane.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I use a toothbrush to clean assembled sets.

N17R4M
Aug 18, 2012

Because yes we actually DID want that land

Dogen posted:

I use a toothbrush to clean assembled sets.

One of those big makeup brushes works quite well too. The big soft kind gets in all the nooks and crannies.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Does anybody know off hand what company Lego typically ships through?

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

Rythe posted:

Does anybody know off hand what company Lego typically ships through?
For me, I'm in Sweden, it initially ships via DHL, then switches over to Postnord for the domestic part of the shipping.
Which confuses me to no end, as there's a DHL terminal much closer to me than there is a postnord one.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I get fedex tracking numbers for my lego orders.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

I applaud lego's continued obsession with toilets. The junk even has toilet paper in the bathroom.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Man that just reminded me how perfect that Junk is. It has zero of the over the top zany crap I hate about Ninjago. It must be mine.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

The_Doctor posted:

Lego Ninjago Bagged Minifigs!

Those are some heckin sweet accessories.

https://twitter.com/LEGO_Group/status/877889003067850752

For a moment I thought they all came with a tiny little boat they were standing in.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

xzzy posted:

I get fedex tracking numbers for my lego orders.

Thanks man, just in case the Saturn V goes on re-order while I'm out of town I don't want a postal hold to stop me from getting it. Not like I have much hope of the ship going on sell sometime soon.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Round 4!

https://twitter.com/LEGO_Group/status/878251364630974468

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Getting more use outta that dual-injected Harley Hair I see... ;)

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

dphi posted:

So my parents recently gave me some boxes with old toys and stuff after clearing out their garage, including my old Lego sets from the late-80s/early-90s. Decided to build up the old Technic back-hoe, which took a while since I had to dig through a whole tub of pieces from other sets mixed in.

Unfortunately, I'm missing a few small sections of pneumatic tubing and the plastic 'T' that goes between them. What's the best way to go about getting replacements? eBay?

You PM me how many T's you need and how much tubing you need because I have a fuckton of them to the point where I wouldn't mind parting with them?

Then when they show up you paypal me however much it cost for shipping.

EDIT: or find a BL store with a low/no minimum buy. If you need parts you might see something that'll catch your eye.

EvilJoven fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Jun 23, 2017

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Kind of seems like they have gone for a flat out style change for the whole line. Everything they have shown just looks so much more appealing than previous Ninjago stuff. Everything seems more, uh coherent I guess. Certainly better than the usual "it's a spaceship half made out of wood barrels with swords sticking out all over it"

Maybe it's just for the movie. Whatever they did they are making me want ninjago stuff, what the hell.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That's kind of what companies exist to do, identify what people wand and then produce it.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

veni veni veni posted:

Maybe it's just for the movie.

I think this is probably it. It's gotta be a whole different team of designers working on the stuff for the movie, and probably people with more of a background in film and animation and conventional design so on rather than in making kid's toys.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I was really psyched about that dragon until I realized how much of the head is just a couple big molded pieces :sad:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/lego_group/status/878296642600013824

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Even the tame ones of these are pretty solid!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The_Doctor posted:

Oh man, that Ice Tank looks insane.

Give me a real 80's GI Joe vibe.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I like the Batman and Unikitty tops. The term GIT in Britain might not work so well.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

The_Doctor posted:

I knew berlin was expensive, but that is ridiculous, 900E without utilities for what probably used to be a spare bedroom.

As for lego content: When I tried ordering the Saturn V 2 weeks ago the shop kept timing out, now I can't even order it anymore.

Ika fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jun 23, 2017

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Berlin is insanely cheap compared to living in London, I can't wait.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

The_Doctor posted:

Berlin is insanely cheap compared to living in London, I can't wait.

Can't argue with that.

ivantod
Mar 27, 2010

Mahalo, fuckers.

Ika posted:

As for lego content: When I tried ordering the Saturn V 2 weeks ago the shop kept timing out, now I can't even order it anymore.

Yeah, what IS happening with that thing? You could back order it for a while, and I assume they shipped those orders (they certainly did mine), but even that was weeks ago and no sign of it coming back yet (although the page does say it's out of stock only temporarily).

It is available on amazon.com from sellers, but for basically double the price, so I don't know why anybody would buy that, unless there is a clear indication that there won't be any more stock, which I doubt.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Last one! I feel like the octopus isn't the Big Bang they wanted to end on.

https://twitter.com/lego_group/status/878341952273559553

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

ivantod posted:

Yeah, what IS happening with that thing? You could back order it for a while, and I assume they shipped those orders (they certainly did mine), but even that was weeks ago and no sign of it coming back yet (although the page does say it's out of stock only temporarily).

It is available on amazon.com from sellers, but for basically double the price, so I don't know why anybody would buy that, unless there is a clear indication that there won't be any more stock, which I doubt.
Mine was Out of stock, expected 15 june. 15 june came around and now it's backordered with no real updates. :smith:

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Same here

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
I've not bought any Lego in over a decade, besides the heroics sets. Is it bad that I want all the Ninjago Movie sets?

My wife is going to kill me!

ivantod
Mar 27, 2010

Mahalo, fuckers.

Zedd posted:

Mine was Out of stock, expected 15 june. 15 june came around and now it's backordered with no real updates. :smith:

Wait, do you mean you were able to order it when it was back ordered like a month ago with the note that it will ship by such and such date and they still haven't shipped it yet? That's pretty crappy.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

ivantod posted:

Wait, do you mean you were able to order it when it was back ordered like a month ago with the note that it will ship by such and such date and they still haven't shipped it yet? That's pretty crappy.

Yeah mine is like that too. Don't really care when I get really, as long as I eventually get it. Not planning on building it for quite a while, I don't have the place. I just buy poo poo to build it much, much later.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

ivantod posted:

Exactly this for me, I am considering calling the customer service to ask what's up. I don't mind getting it late but if the answer is we don't know, then I'll hit up lego stores. There was still a large stock (10+) in Leicester Square on the 8th of June for example, even though Tibetans already backordered. I was limited to hand luggage though so I didn't buy it and stuck with my order.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Quote is not edit...

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

ivantod posted:

Hopper posted:

Exactly this for me, I am considering calling the customer service to ask what's up. I don't mind getting it late but if the answer is we don't know, then I'll hit up lego stores. There was still a large stock (10+) in Leicester Square on the 8th of June for example, even though Tibetans already backordered. I was limited to hand luggage though so I didn't buy it and stuck with my order.
My country doesn't have official LEGO stores so I guess ill just wait, I'm just not used to backordered with zero info being available on a website; usually it at least has an ETA.

Zedd fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Jun 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

I finished the Saturn V last night. The build took evenings most of the week and I got chills as I watched it get taller and taller.
I sat there staring at it for a few minutes just in awe of this cool set.

Lucky me, I get to do it again.