Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
extremely behind on episodes but todoroki best boy. the bit where all might hugs him and acknowledges his new determination owns.

this is where i stopped reading the manga so im stoked to see whatever's next

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I'm really happy they worked in the Uraraka eyeball gag there at the end along with the stuff with Midoriya and Todoroki with their mothers.

It's nice to see a story about high schoolers that actually have parents that EXIST and are present in their kids lives. Well, except for that one dude. He sucks.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

[Bakugou]'s such a tryhard that he get mad if everyone else isn't tryhard-ing too.

I think this is a good take in his character.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I never noticed that in addition to being literal speed machines the Tenya crew also have arrow eyebrows.

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Where's the PR campaign pic of Bakugo kissing a baby

All the negatives exploded.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

I should have known he'd find a way. :lol:

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

That last fight was weak. I'm glad angry boy had the reaction he did.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

He's such a tryhard that he get mad if everyone else isn't tryhard-ing too.
Yeah, that's... actually really on-point.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Fabricated posted:

I'm really happy they worked in the Uraraka eyeball gag there at the end along with the stuff with Midoriya and Todoroki with their mothers.

It's nice to see a story about high schoolers that actually have parents that EXIST and are present in their kids lives. Well, except for that one dude. He sucks.

Really need a gif of the eye thing. My favorite part of this bit is that given the world of MHA--it's entirely possible that that is just something that Uraraka's eyes do sometimes, because they're all mutants.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

In case anyone hasn't already made a GIF of the best part of the Todoroki/Deku fight

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

He's like a dog with his head hanging out the car window

Except dogs are good

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
It's really too bad that Endeavor is human garbage because his design is fantastic.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Kanos posted:

It's really too bad that Endeavor is human garbage because his design is fantastic.

agreed

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Kanos posted:

The curse of a manga/anime with great character design--even the assholes look good.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Kanos posted:

His flames don't look that authentic though, compared to Todoroki's.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

amazarashi (Tokyo Ghoul Root) will be performing the second cour opening "Sora ni Utaeba" and LiSA (anything Fate that ufotable has done) will be performing the ending "Datte Atashi no HERO"

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Think we'll get the slice of life opening that goes with this cour's ending?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Hopefully they switch it up for the second half, SoL opening, HERO ending.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I am really going to miss Peace Sign. I wasn't sold on it the first time but it has grown on me exponentially every week since then.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thCnuLgXdwU

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

It's actually incredible how well they matched up the different characters to the dances. I guess it's just anime tropes lining up but still, this is some a+++ work.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the actual casts between bbb and mha are pretty different personality-wise though some of them line up into similar roles, they just have the exact same dance moves and it's really awkward when they all meet up at parties because of it

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Well now you made me sad that we'll never get to see that crossover

Wait Japanese high schools usually have a field trip abroad senior year right?

Be right back gonna write my pitch on a brick and chuck it towards Japan

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Another post-credits this episode if you don't stick around usually for whatever reason.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoIOW6no_Ew

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011
I only really noticed this episode that Horikoshi is a huge Star Wars nerd, because the manga didn't bother translating background text as much (or at least the scans from before Crunchyroll picked it up). Deku getting mentored at the "Dagoba Municipal Beach Park" made me chuckle, but him living close to the "Tatooine Station" got me to take another look at other place names, and they're pretty much all references, like the "Hosu Ward" Stain hangs out in.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Gran Torino is a pretty explicit Yoda reference.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It took me a minute to realise you meant the character and not the name just then and was confused.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
How long's the break between cours? Also I love Froppy.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

There will be no episode next week, and then the Saturday after that it will resume.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Also, Kirishima feels like the protagonist of a different show, happening in some alternate universe.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Can't wait for the future adventures of Lord Explosion Murder

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Froppy is good
Jirou is good
Midnight is good
Mina is good

Everyone is very good.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
It remains a goddamn travesty that Mina doesn't get to be Alien Queen.

I really like the idea that at some point in her childhood Mina watched the Alien franchise (which would be super old at that point) and instead of being scared her takeaway was "The xenomorphs shoot acid, just like me!"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The MHA fanbase

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

A good episode. I'm excited to see what internship Todoroki picked. The best part of the episode was definitely Bakugo picking a name. I wonder what it'll end up being? gently caress this week break! All I watch is DBS, AoT and this. Now I'm down to two shows. :(

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Froppy is extremely good, and cool

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Arrgytehpirate posted:

A good episode. I'm excited to see what internship Todoroki picked. The best part of the episode was definitely Bakugo picking a name. I wonder what it'll end up being? gently caress this week break! All I watch is DBS, AoT and this. Now I'm down to two shows. :(

Just think of what your life will be like when both this and AoT end in 14 weeks

aarstar
Mar 7, 2004
Isn't aot already over?

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
Froppy is #1 forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k