Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

pubic works project posted:

I just would like to let you all know that I'm currently reading this thread while taking a bite out of a big juicy cheeseburger with extra pickles.

I got a burger from a food truck tonight that was wonderful. Came with carmelized onions, a grilled portobello mushroom and this blue cheese sauce.

For midnight snack I am cooking a lamb shoulder steak with red wine carmelized mushrooms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

weird Asian candy posted:

Why would we stop eating animals? Animals are delicious...

I occasionally think about it, and I have reduced how much meat I eat, but eh on ever being strict vegetarian. Pigs in particular are barely domesticated garbage beasts that would quite literally eat your children if they had a chance. And they taste good, so gently caress 'em.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Being scared of of heights is my jam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI1M48eC3x4&t=38s

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Ehud posted:

I'm watching a show about being attacked by sharks

still my greatest fear

Life as a Jet is hard sometimes.

VVV You'll get that grad student some day, Matt Ryan.

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jun 24, 2017

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
My greatest fear is being in a lifeless marriage with someone I am sexually incompatible with but don't leave because of the kids. Then one day I finally cheat with the cute 27 year old at work and my kids think I'm scum, even though I'm not the one in the marriage who stopped giving oral sex the second a ring was on my finger.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
My greatest base fear is probably drowning. Being able to feel the oxygen leave you and knowing you're about to die and there's nothing you can do about it.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
sorry if your greatest fear isn't being trapped inside your own mind but your body no longer functions

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

My greatest base fear is probably drowning. Being able to feel the oxygen leave you and knowing you're about to die and there's nothing you can do about it.

Apparently its one of the most peaceful ways to go in terms of suicide. Unless you are in salt water. You can drown for 10mins in salt water as it takes longer for the water to burst the vessels in your lungs

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Spoeank posted:

sorry if your greatest fear isn't being trapped inside your own mind but your body no longer functions

As someone who's had two great grandparents afflicted with ALS, loving A.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
My greatest fear is getting cancer like my dad and wasting away until the end.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Spoeank posted:

Sleep paralysis is loving horrifying

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Spoeank posted:

Oh man, you hear those stories about people in surgery who can feel everything but can't talk or scream and ugh super gently caress that

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Alzheimer's and it's not close IMO.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
gently caress spiders.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Spoeank posted:

Yeah, but you still have 72 million, Brock.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Anything decent for Steam Sale? I don't like buying stuff unless it's super discounted. I've been playing less video games this year and pretty much all of that is multiplayer blizzard games with friends. Last solo game I enjoyed was Shovel Knight.

20XX looks pretty dope.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

My greatest fear is watching everyone I love slowly die in screaming agony while being totally helpless to stop it and also knowing with absolute conviction that it's entirely my fault.

Lol if you're just afraid of spiders or something, have some imagination, sheesh.

I bought a big package of fresh organic chicken wings at Costco and today I'm gonna make a big batch of hotwings. Gonna marinade them in buttermilk and Crystal hot sauce all day and then cook them up on the Weber over some good charcoal and some wood chips for smoke. Gonna buy some fresh dill and make some homemade ranch sauce alongside some blue cheese sauce for dipping, plus some fresh celery and a really cold beer.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Anything decent for Steam Sale? I don't like buying stuff unless it's super discounted. I've been playing less video games this year and pretty much all of that is multiplayer blizzard games with friends. Last solo game I enjoyed was Shovel Knight.

20XX looks pretty dope.

Shadow of Mordor is 4 bux

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Hot Diggity! posted:

Sleep paralysis is loving horrifying

I had so much emotional instability, terrible sleep patterns and budding alcoholism in college that I had weekly sleep paralysis bouts for a 2-3 month span.

Now when it happens I know what it is and I just focus on getting out of it.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Spoeank posted:

I feel like this a a lot . Severe dissociative disorder makes my body feel like a foreign object and sometimes it feels like I have to force it to work . The upshot is it's just a feeling and not real.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
My greatest fear is never talking to you guys again :-(

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
My greatest fear is that my life would somehow take a large turn for the worse, I'd lose all my friends and family, and become a deadbeat selling drugs / doing questionable things to get by.

In terms of other "major" fears, I've felt I've conquered them in some way. Sharks? Went swimming with one in Hawaii. Heights? Went skydiving. Spiders? Never hated them, and always thought they were good for the environment. Snakes? Gross, but tolerable.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

An ex of mine was terrified of butterflies

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Hot Diggity! posted:

I am attempting to imagine a butterfly attack. What do butterflies even eat?

e: nectar I guess.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Hot Diggity! posted:

turn on ur monitor

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Dead Reckoning posted:

Ooh man, it's gonna be super awkward at the office next week.

Put up pictures of Roland Pryzbylewski as "Officer of the Month."

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Shadows of Mordor is a good pickup if you want to be Batman who kills orcs

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

So this makes sense for people without clicking through:

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/878281121288540160

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Hot Diggity! posted:

The Pacific Science center in Seattle has a hot house arboretum live butterfly exhibit where they land on you. That must be a specially tailored help for your ex

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

sean10mm posted:

Alzheimer's and it's not close IMO.

Absolutely.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Got hit by a car today! Gonna have a nasty bruise on my legs but otherwise fine. Woman kept on driving.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Grittybeard posted:

I am attempting to imagine a butterfly attack. What do butterflies even eat?

e: nectar I guess.

It was one of many signs that she was kinda nuts

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Leperflesh posted:

Lol if you're just afraid of spiders or something, have some imagination, sheesh.

I mean, it's not my only fear, or even my worst one. Just, gently caress spiders.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I am watching an exotic vet show on Nat Geo. Dr. K is doing surgery on a fish!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Hot Diggity! posted:

Got hit by a car today! Gonna have a nasty bruise on my legs but otherwise fine. Woman kept on driving.

I had no idea how many people get hit by a car until I started working in a trauma center.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Pretty much any lingering terminal illness is probably my biggest worry. Idk about calling it a fear. I do know that I'll wander out into the forest and eat a bullet if I ever find myself in that position though. gently caress being a burden on my family and friends, the health care system, or being dependent on others while I waste away not even being capable of enjoying life.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Pretty much any lingering terminal illness is probably my biggest worry. Idk about calling it a fear. I do know that I'll wander out into the forest and eat a bullet if I ever find myself in that position though. gently caress being a burden on my family and friends, the health care system, or being dependent on others while I waste away not even being capable of enjoying life.

Sounds like being a Browns fan.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Hot Diggity! posted:

Over the last few years, Morehouse and his colleagues, including Nathan Clark who is also at the University of Pittsburgh, have shown that the sex life of a seemingly unremarkable butterfly is utterly remarkable. It features sperm packages of ungodly size. It involves genitals that double as a souped-up stomach. There’s even an honest-to-goodness vagina dentata.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

But enough about my ex!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
Whoever said the trapped in a cave/collapsed building - that's mine. I can think of no more horrifying death than that. I hate bugs and won't pretend they don't make me jump, but it's not a fear. At least not a fear like being stuck somewhere, knowing that you can't move and no one can help you and you will slowly die.

• Locked thread