Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

ImpAtom posted:

It's got to be extreme heat IIRC. A lighter won't do it but a flamethrower will.

I mean, we just saw him get chumped by some crumpled newspaper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

Onmi posted:

So you're at a loss.

:vince:

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Who What Now posted:

I mean, we just saw him get chumped by some crumpled newspaper.
Ruffled up paper would burn real hot and bright, briefly.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Ferrule posted:

There were a slew of arcs (I think...this about the time I was bowing out of comics) that had tons of symbiotes. Symbiote War or some nonsense. There was the yellow-lady one and a blue one and a bunch of others. This was like right after Carnage was first introduced.

Separation Anxiety, actually; it was in Venom: Lethal Protector and there were five symbiotes.

Scream, Phage, Riot, Lasher, and Agony, and then they all merged together into one giant symbiote.

I loving LOVED that comic as a kid but in hindsight it was absolutely retarded.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Not a panel, but I don't care, because I really like it.

https://twitter.com/gabrielenguard/status/745660335202271232

prefect fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Jun 24, 2017

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

John Dyne posted:

Separation Anxiety, actually; it was in Venom: Lethal Protector and there were five symbiotes.

Scream, Phage, Riot, Lasher, and Agony, and then they all merged together into one giant symbiote.

I loving LOVED that comic as a kid but in hindsight it was absolutely retarded.

There was even a videogame!

I think Separation Anxiety is one of the sets of comic books i inherited doubles of when my uncle died.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Vonnie posted:

I think Separation Anxiety is one of the sets of comic books i inherited doubles of when my uncle died.

And that merged symbiot (Hybrid) was a character in Avengers Alliance.
RIP Avengers Alliance. You were way better than a dumb Facebook, movie tie-in Flash game had any right to be.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Preview from Batman/Elmer Fudd #1. This is already the best thing that's ever happened.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

nerdman42 posted:

Preview from Batman/Elmer Fudd #1. This is already the best thing that's ever happened.

I was searching for the Martian Manhunter scans from the same series. The entire ideas is great. Really builds on the haha only serious ideas in the Flinstones and Archie books.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
KITE MAN!

HELL YEAH!
Batman #6

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
All that just to get something that'll fetch like fifty bucks at a pawn shop.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Kite-Man is only trying to build his brand, okay?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

nerdman42 posted:

I don't know when exactly DC decided to get subversive as gently caress with all their parent company cartoon properties, but it might be the best idea they've ever had.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Who What Now posted:

He'll be lucky to get that for a broken necklace that's lost at least two pearls.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Who What Now posted:

At least he didn't leave two people dead in an alley for it.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Kite-Man is only trying to build his brand, okay?

Que the Phantom picture.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

nerdman42 posted:

i09 published a bunch more pages and they're loving brilliant.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Selachian posted:

God drat that looks amazing.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Normally I don't go for that gimmicky bullshit ala whatever disaster goes on with the Hanna Barbera bullshit but goddamn am I tempted to get this toot sweet

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
When is Marvel going to get in on this and give us a Howard/Donald crossover?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Selachian posted:

The story could just be these pages and I'd still consider it great.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Push El Burrito posted:

When is Marvel going to get in on this and give us a Howard/Donald crossover?

Need an issue where "new" Howard runs into his old 70's version.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Vonnie posted:

That game was SO bad. Like, I got it because I loved Maximum Carnage, and I thought it was more of that quality. And it was soooo much worse than MC was.

Fun fact #2: Scream of the symbiots is among the villains in the Spider-Man ride at Universal Studios. Presumably because they wanted a girl villain to be included. Still beats Swiss Miss.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Separation Anxiety is kinda bad but it was co-op so it was automatically better than the average beat-em-up.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lurdiak posted:

Separation Anxiety is kinda bad but it was co-op so it was automatically better than the average beat-em-up.

Average beat-em-up from that era had co-op.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Where did you get these pictures of me

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

hup posted:

Where did you get these pictures of me

What did you buy with that dollar?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Selachian posted:

Incredible.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Average beat-em-up from that era had co-op.

Ideally yes, but not always.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
You should have been playing the superior Power Rangers for the genesis. :colbert:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

None of the Power Rangers games are any good.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
You should have gotten out of the house and played beat-em-up games in the arcades, the way Nolan Bushnell intended! :arghfist::corsair:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Why would you play final fight guy, like the original final fight on snes had co op just play that. Guy sucked anyway.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

purple death ray posted:

Why would you play final fight guy, like the original final fight on snes had co op just play that. Guy sucked anyway.

It didn't, actually. https://tcrf.net/Final_Fight_(SNES)#Two_Player_Mode_Remnants

Choco1980 posted:

That game was SO bad. Like, I got it because I loved Maximum Carnage, and I thought it was more of that quality. And it was soooo much worse than MC was.

Fun fact #2: Scream of the symbiots is among the villains in the Spider-Man ride at Universal Studios. Presumably because they wanted a girl villain to be included. Still beats Swiss Miss.

I agree, MC was better in just about every way.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Choco1980 posted:

That ride also says the Hobgoblin is Ned Leeds, which you better believe I called out to my wife who really could not have cared less.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Not sure if funny or just rad, but it sure is Kirby.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Archie just wants to run a train on Veronica

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Senior Woodchuck posted:

That ride also says the Hobgoblin is Ned Leeds, which you better believe I called out to my wife who really could not have cared less.

What were the deals with the various goblins?

Green Goblin was the original, what was Hobgoblin? And wasn't there a Demogoblin or something too?

I wish other Spider-Man villains had the same weird doppelganger thing as Venom and Green Goblin.

The Vulture and a similar guy called the Buzzard and maybe a female version named Condor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

A Strange Aeon posted:

What were the deals with the various goblins?

Green Goblin was the original, what was Hobgoblin? And wasn't there a Demogoblin or something too?

I wish other Spider-Man villains had the same weird doppelganger thing as Venom and Green Goblin.

The Vulture and a similar guy called the Buzzard and maybe a female version named Condor.

Hobgoblin was someone who found an old stash of Norman Osborne's poo poo (It was Ned Leeds at one point, but I think that got retconned or something). Demogoblin was an actual demon from hell.